Secrets

Leisure Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll see you soon,” Mino’s words rang in my ears as Seri and I stood by the campus gate, not a word between us two. The pitter patter of the rain was the only sound there was. And I was lucky Mino was picking me up because I hadn’t brought an umbrella with me.

I tapped my foot on the floor, my hands inside my pocket. Seri waited, an umbrella in hand.

“I never thought you were the type to cut classes,” Seri spoke, her eyes glued to the parking lot where the rain fell.

“I’m not,” I told her.

“Ugh, I was trying to keep a perfect attendance,” she said. She had told me about her skipping a lot of classes last semester.

“You know, I didn’t force you to do it,”

“Yeah, but today is a lazy day in itself. I was actually thinking about not coming,”

I laughed then and she looked at me.

“I’m not kidding,” she breathed out.

She turned away from me, into the street across from the gates.

“Is that him?”

I looked and replied with a yes. Mino was looking at us directly and I waved a hand. He wore a black beanie and an army green coat that seemed a little too big for him.

“Will you come with us?” I turned to Seri, eyebrows furrowed in curiosity.

“Where to?”

I shrugged. I didn’t have an idea yet.

Mino passed the gate, and folded the umbrella, an excited smile on his face as he walked to us. He immediately reached out to pat my head, and greeted Seri.

Seri just looked at him for a second, and then bowed.

“Seri, Mino,” Mino then held out a hand to Seri, which she shook with both hands.

“You were fast,” I told Mino.

“When was I not?”

“Never,” I muttered, then lightly jabbed his arm.

“Seri, do you have a place in mind?”

Said girl just looked at us alternately, before telling us that she can’t go because she remembered something she had to do.

“Oh,”

“I’ll join you next time,” she said.

But there was no next time, not in six months, and I didn’t know if we’d still be in touch by then. She made her way out then, after waving goodbye to us, and an “It’s nice meeting you” to Mino.

“You didn’t tell me you had a friend,” Mino teased.

I rolled my eyes. “Since when was I ever obliged to tell you everything?” I shot back.

“Since forever,” Mino grinned.

“Goodness, take that smile off that face.” I muttered under my breath.

He laughed heartily, then. “No,”

“Ugh, I hate you,” I grabbed the umbrella from him. “Now where do we go?”

“Home?”

I made a sour face, “I don’t want to go home just yet,” W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter