boy loves girl loves boy

It's All Because You've Kissed Me

basically written with this song.

Title: It’s All Because You’ve Kissed Me
Pairing: Taemin/Naeun
Genre: Romance/Humor
Rating: PG-13
Summary:  Each minute, each second is so sweet. What is this man? I can’t help but to fall in love ~ IU's Friday

This story 100% fictional, made and written by girlnamediandra. No plagiarizing, stealing, and/or claiming as yours. Any resemblance to another story is purely coincidental. Do not edit and/or repost. 

This is un-betaed because I feel guilty of not updating this fic for a long time. Thanks and sorry to my wonderful beta, edlyns because I didn't send this chapter for checking because I know she's busy with school. And also it's because her, I'm inspired to write this chapter. So this chapter is dedicated for her <33 

 

Last Chapter :

“Why are you laughing, kids?” Key scowled.

“Nothing!” Taemin answered but then one look at Naeun, he burst out laughing. His laughter brought Naeun’s laughter too and soon both of them were holding each other while laughing like maniacs.

Maybe it’s not a bad thing, falling in love with this boy.

 

Chapter 09 : boy loves girl loves boy

There was a fine line between love and hate. Naeun never thought she would finally know the meaning of it, but she did. One day she hated Lee Taemin to the core, and then one day after, she loved him.

Love was, indeed, a funny thing.

There was one beautiful sunflower on top of her desk, morning after they did photoshoot at the beach. A note was attached to it.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do.

Naeun bit her lips in order to contain her smile, but she couldn’t. Her smile was all over her face and Eunji had to laugh at her book because of that.

“Your secret admirer is silly... and corny...” Eunji said with stiffled laugh.

“Not-so-secret admirer though...” Naeun smiled big.

“Yeah.. not-so-secret... he’s kinda stupid too...” Eunji now laughed.

“Yes, stupid....” Naeun sighed dreamily while staring at the beautiful sunflower now perched in a small vase she put on her desk.

The day after that, Naeun found a teddy bear inside her locker, a talking teddy bear when you pressed a button in his bowtie saying exactly like this; "Naeun~ah, hug me!" She knew who her secret admirer was. 

She was happy and excited. This feeling was different and she never felt something like this. It was exhilarating. She had crushes on boys before but never like this. It pretty much occupied her life now, he pretty much occupied her mind right now.

He was sneaky, as usual. Simple things like these, she didn't know how he found out, but it actually warmed her heart. She wasn't a grand-gesture kind of girl. She hated spotlight and what he did for her, it touched her.

Who would think she end up falling for him? She now understood there was really a thin line between hate and love. And she was crossing it right now.

Since the photoshoot, she had worked on the design for the fashion section. It was almost published time.  She edited some of their pictures and those pictures never failed to make her blush. Eunji and Seohyun to no end, even some of the members joined in. They only stopped when he showed up. It was kinda a silent agreement between them that they didn't talk about what happened during the photoshoot. They acted normally, they ignored each other just like usual, but for those who took notes on their behaviors certainly would find something different between them. Eunji and Seohyun noticed and they couldn't hold their laughter everytime both of them were in the same room.

The longing gaze, the secret, shy smile. It was kinda sweet sickening and corny as hell, but Eunji and Seohyun couldn't complain because of the happiness radiated from Naeun. It went on for days that sometimes frustrating Eunji and Seohyun greatly. So they decided to take this matter into their hands.

~~ IABYKM ~~

Naeun was surprised when she found Eunji standing in front of her house when she went to school this morning. Summer has ended and a new semester has started.

"What are you doing here?" Naeun asked after closing her house's gate.

"Just want to go to school with you... It's been too long since we went to school together and also this is new semester. A new day!" Eunji linked her arms around Naeun's while walking their path to bus station.

"You're crazy. We never go to school together because you moved three years ago. And also your bus doesn't stop here..." Naeun look at Eunji suspiciously.

Eunji put her hand on her chest and feigning a hurt look on her face. "Ouch, it hurts. Why don't you trust me, Naeun? I miss you..." Eunji hugged her tightly from behind.

Naeun laughed and they both chatted happily during their walk to the bus station. Then something weird happened.

When they arrived at the bus station and waiting for the bus to arrive, there was a girl holding a basket of white roses. At first, Naeun and Eunji ignored her and kept chatting happily but then the girl approached them slowly and tapped Naeun's shoulder. 

"Excuse me..."

Naeun turned and the girl handed her a white rose, a note tied with a red velvet ribbon on the stem. "This is for you..."

Naeun stared at the girl and the white rose, feeling confused why all of sudden a stranger gave her a flower with a note attached. "What is this?" 

"A rose, for you..." The girl only smiled.

"Why? Who is it from?" Naeun kept asking.

The girl smiled even wider.

"Just take it first, Naeun. People are staring at us..." Eunji whispered and it was true. A few students who also waiting for the bus stared at them and started whispering.

Naeun accepted the rose hesitatedly. Now the mission seemed completed now, the girl leaving them while skipping and humming happily. Naeun and Eunji stared at her, feeling completely clueless and confused of what just happened. 

"What the is that?" Eunji exclaimed bewilderedly.

Naeun shrugged and proceeding to open the note on the rose "I'm curious!" Eunji said excitedly. She rubbed her hands together while peeking at Naeun's shoulder.

This is what I think your best traits and what attract me the most.

"White rose? Hmmmmm...." Eunji took out her phone and started typing. Not long, she showed her phone screen to Naeun. 

WHITE ROSE - Innocence and Purity

"Your best traits? Seriously, this guy is corny as hell..." Eunji laughed loudly.

Naeun blushed. "Shut up!" 

Eunji still laughed when the bus arrived and she kept on teasing Naeun during their trip to school. Naeun had to endure the obnoxious, loud laugh and catcalling from Eunji so when the bus arrived at their school, Naeun felt a little relieved. 

They get out from the bus with Eunji still teasing her, when a boy from first year approached them. He was holding a basket, similar one with the basket the girl from bus station earlier. 

Naeun and Eunji stared at the boy warily. "What is it again?" 

The boy took a flower out from the basket and offered it to Naeun. "For you." Once again, there's a note attached to its stem.

"It's Lily..." Eunji whispered and then typed again in her phone. 

Naeun was completely dumbfounded. She just stared at the flower in her hand.

"Well, open the note," Eunji urged her and Naeun slowly opened the note.

This is you. 
The Beauty.

Naeun could feel her face reddened and she covered her face because suddenly it felt so hot. 

"Aaaaawwwww.... It's Lily, the meaning is beauty..." Eunji cooed when seeing the note. "Damn you, boy, you're so good at this!" 

Naeun laughed shyly and they entered the school while giggling. They met Seohyun at the locker station and Eunji told her about the notes and the flowers. They were busy swooning and teasing Naeun when Naeun opened her locker and was greeted by another flower with a note. 

"Is that a flower?" Seohyun peeked inside Naeun's locker. "A rosebud?" 

Naeun nodded absentmindedly and took the flower out. She opened the note to read.

Your heart is innocent and kind. 
I want to protect it. 
I want to protect you.

"Awwwwwwww....." Eunji and Seohyun cooed together and busy swooning over the note.

Naeun was speechless. She felt overwhelmed. Not in a bad way, but in a way that her heart felt like it was about to burst out. She never felt like this before. It felt like she had so many affection to him right now. She felt like she was being loved. The way he invaded her mind, the way he opened the door to her heart, the way he touched her soul... There was no way she could deny her feeling again. She was truly falling for him. 

"Naeun, are you okay?" 

"Yeah... I'm just..." Naeun shook her head to clear her mind.

"Speechless? In awe?" Eunji . "In love?"

Naeun smiled and she carefully put the flowers and the notes into her locker. She took out her books and closed her locker. She walked ahead to her first class.

"Naeun! Wait!"  

"I'm still processing..." 

Eunji and Seohyun laughed after hearing that and trailed behind her. They also had the first class together. The school hall was buzzing with excitement, since it was the first day after summer holiday. Students were chatting excitingly about their holiday while walking to their classes together. 

They entered the class. It was filled by familiar faces of their friends. They exchanged greetings and short stories of how they spent the summer holiday. Some of their classmates were also in the same club and some also spent the summer holiday for club activities'. Naeun sat on her desk near the window. She always preferred to sit near the window, because she liked to look outside window. Especially if she found the subject to be boring, most of the time. 

The initial buzz from chatter immediately stopped when a girl from first year entered their class timidly. She kept her head down and walked straight to Naeun. She was holding a basket filled with flowers. 

Naeun sat straight when she saw the girl approaching her. Eunji and Seohyun watched in full curiousity, so did their friends.

The girl then stopped in front of Naeun and took out a rose out of the basket. It was Lavender Rose. 

"This is for you..." She handed the rose to Naeun. There was also a note attached.

This time, Naeun didn't bother to ask. She even didn't bother to hold a smirk on her face. "Thank you..." 

The girl only smiled and then she was gone.

The class started to approach Naeun with curious chatters that Eunji had to keep them away from her.

"Well, open it..." Seohyun coaxed her.

Naeun opened the note with heart beating faster now. She knew the meaning of the flower even before she read the note.

Page 17.

"Eh?" Naeun was confused. What is this? What page 17?

She turned to ask Seohyun and Eunji what was the meaning of the note when another first year approached her again. This time he was carrying a magazine, their school magazine, the one that just went to printing last night and was supposed to be published today.

The boy handed it to Naeun wordlessly and then he was gone by the minute Naeun took it from him.

Page 17.

Her heart beat faster now as she jumped the pages to page 17. What was inside made her wanting to cry then and there. It was a single picture of her, sitting on a wooden bench. She recognized it from the school's yard. She was sitting and her head was up, looking at the morning sky. Naeun remembered the day vividly. It was the first day of school for her and she arrived at school very early, even earlier than other students. The school was still empty, only school janitors and gardeners who were working that day.

She was too excited that day and wanting to be the first one to arrive at school. She ventured the school alone, her mind was filled with a lot of things that she could have done while studying there. After an hour wondering around the school, she saw a wooden bench near the baseball field. It was surrounded by cherry blossom trees. It was a really beautiful morning.

Naeun remembered sitting on the bench while basking on the warm morning sunlight. When she looked up, the blue and red morning sky looked so beautiful that day. It was warm and peaceful time for her. She was happy then because she was about to start an exciting day. 

Naeun traced her fingers along the paper. She stared at her picture there. It was clearly taken from a cellphone, a smartphone to be exact because it didn't have the effect of expensive, complicated DLSR camera, but she thought it was a perfect and beautiful shot. Her expression was peaceful, serene and embarrassingly enough, she was actually pretty.

“The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color -- oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples...” 

She read the words written on the photo and she felt like her heart was about to burst out with love. She looked up at the door, hoping that he would stand there, watching her. Instead of him, there was Sulli standing there, grinning from ear to ear. She was holding a single Daisy. 

“You too???” Naeun laughed when she saw Sulli approaching her while offering Naeun the flower. 

“Yeah... I’m jealous...” Sulli pouted. “If you still hate him at this point, you’re a really, really stupid girl. I will be gladly to take your place.”

Naeun grinned widely while taking the Daisy from Sulli. “In your dream...”

Sulli laughed happily, hearing Naeun’s answer. “Good girl!” She pinched Naeun’s cheeks before skipping to leave the class. Naeun opened the note.

Page 25.

With excitement, she opened page 25 and she gasped when she once again saw her picture. Naeun noticed that the picture was taken from the beach photoshoot. She looked straight to the camera, her hair almost covered her face with her hand holding the hair. She smiled shyly at the camera. She remembered when Yonghwa-sunbae took the picture, he just came up behind Yonghwa and watched the entire session. And this picture was the result of what she looked like when she looked back at him. 

There is an innocence in admiration; it is found in those to whom it has never yet occurred that they, too, might be admired some day.

Now Naeun felt like she wanted to cry and without hesitation, she did. 

“Naeun! You’re crying!” Eunji gasped. “No, don’t cry! You’re supposed to be happy..”

Naeun laughed in her tears. “I am happy!” She then looked at the picture once again and smiled like an idiot. She looked up at Eunji again. “I am happy!”

Eunji smiled widely. “If you’re happy, then...” Suddenly from her behind, she took out a single flower and offered it to Naeun.

Naeun gaped. She was completely speechless. What is this? Did he ask ALL of the students to help him? Including her best friends? Oh my God!

“It’s Gardenia...” Eunji said. She looked at Seohyun briefly before looked at Naeun again. The note was easily opened now and it said;

Page 31.

Naeun opened page 31 and once again, it was a photo of her. Her silhouette, to be exact. She was staring at the sea in front of her and this photo was taken from her behind. She could recognize it was also from the beach photoshoot. She remembered at that time she was mesmerized by the sunset happening before her. She thought she was alone since all of the crew had entered the beach house after their photoshoot session. Apparently someone was there and taking her pictures, without her knowing though she has an idea of who was taking it.

One more secret smile. One more shared laugh. One more electric kiss.

She read. Her tears wouldn’t stop now. She couldn’t believe that this bizarre yet wonderful day happened to her. 

“And you?” Naeun looked up to Seohyun. “Do you have a flower for me too?”

Seohyun smirked and from her behind, there was another flower for her. 

“Damn him!” Naeun cursed while laughing out loud. She took the flower and read the note. 

Page 38.

She opened page 38. The picture in that page spoke volumes. It spoke everything she needed to confirm about his feeling. 

It was a picture of her and Taemin. They were standing close with Naeun holding a camera. She was looking through the gallery in the camera while laughing at some of the photos. And there was Taemin. He stood close to her but he didn’t look at the photos like they were instructed. Instead, he looked at Naeun. 

And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy.
It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth,
But rather a heart enflamed and a soul enchanted.

People said that in life, actions speak louder than words, but in love, the eyes do. And he actually spoke a lot of things to her only through the picture. The way he looked at her in that picture wasn’t simply a matter of him being captivated by her face. His gentle compassionate look turned his eyes hazel, and his soft eyes expressed care and concern so much.

Naeun couldn’t take her eyes off the picture but a scratch noise in front of her made her look up. And there he was, sitting on a backward chair in front of her desk. 

Naeun just stared at him. She couldn’t say anything but she couldn’t hold her tears anymore. Taemin smiled, his hand reached up and his fingers touched her cheeks softly. He soothed her tear softly from her cheek. His gaze was piercing and he never took his eyes off her. 

“Don’t cry... Please don’t cry... I know I ruined our magazine this month,” Naeun laughed upon hearing this. “But I have to do this. For you...” He whispered softly. 

 “There are no words could describe you...” He stopped and stared at Naeun. Naeun was speechless and stunned as Taemin took both of her hands. “There’s stunning.”

Naeun blushed and she averted her eyes from Taemin but Taemin wouldn’t have it all. He put their joined fingers under Naeun’s chin and made her look at him. “There’s attractive. There’s gorgeous. There’s striking. Beautiful.” He took a deep breath. “And there’s an exceptional…”

He stood up and walked around Naeun’s desk. He moved Naeun’s chair to the side and knelt in front of her, without taking their hands and their eyes off. “You’re exceptional…” Taemin whispered as he smiled at her.

There were applauses from everywhere. The whistles, the buzzes and the clicking of smartphone cameras... but Taemin and Naeun couldn’t hear them. 

“Why?” She whispered, sobbed quietly. She needed it to be said. 

“Because I love you…” Taemin suddenly felt relieved when he said those words. No matter what would happen afterwards, he was finally able to say those words to Naeun. Not his vile and mean words to her, but words of his affection and love for her.

Naeun smiled brightly through her tears. “Took you long enough!” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. Taemin responded immediately, one of his arms tightened around Naeun’s waist, and the other went just under her jaw as he tilted her head for a deeper kiss. 

She was breathless and dazzled.  She wrapped her hands around his neck and went straight to his hair, tangling her fingers in its softness. Naeun bravely traced her tongue on Taemin's lower lip, and he granted access. Taemin tasted amazing. Better than anything else in the world and this kiss was even better than the one they shared before. His mouth was warm and their tongues did the lazy and sensual patterns on each other as they intertwined, exploring the other's mouth with a new found interest. When they pulled apart, they were breathless. 

There were cheerings and clappings everywhere and they could heard Eunji’s voice shouted something unaudiable from far. 

“So...?” Taemin gave her his adorable grin. 

Naeun grinned back. “So...” She leaned forward to kiss him once again. She took her bag and her hand roamed inside. When she pulled out something, Taemin gasped when he realized what she was taking but then laughed out loud.

Naeun laughed along with him while waving the red tulip in front of Taemin. She then pulled him by his tie and whispered against his lips. “I love you too...”

--------------------------------------- 

Please forgive for any grammar mistakes. This is un-betaed because I want to bring it faster to you, guys. So there's an epilogue left. We'll say good-bye to IABYKM's Taemin & Naeun soon :D  (The quotes are from famous poets and books' excerpt)

Thanks for reading and please kindly review.

- Diandra