one minute, one second is sweet

It's All Because You've Kissed Me
 
Title: It’s All Because You’ve Kissed Me
Pairing: Taemin/Naeun
Genre: Romance/Humor
Rating: PG
Summary:  Colorful me, me, like a rainbow, you are my something new every day - Milktea's Mr. Chocolate, Ms. Orange
 
This story 100% fictional, made and written by girlnamediandra. No plagiarizing, stealing, and/or claiming as yours. Any resemblance to another story is purely coincidental. Do not edit and/or repost.
 
Thanks to my wonderful beta, edlyns for making this chapter much more interesting than before. Make sure to check her stories here. She’s the best <3
 
 
Chapter 06 - one minute, one second is sweet
 
Naeun stared out of space at the slow crowd in front of her. The cafe that she usually hung out in was not so busy at this time of the year. Despite it being summer, and school was having its holiday, it seemed like people were so lazy to come out on this very sunny day.
 
But here she was. In the middle of the hot and sunny day, sitting alone in the cafe, wearing the dress that she forgot to take off at the wardrobe fitting. She had texted Key, apologized that she just ran off and completely forgot that she was still wearing his dress, the Nouveau dress. Key said it was alright. She could return it anytime she wanted. She felt guilty but she didn't want to go back to Key's store, because he was probably still there. Taemin...
 
Unconsciously, Naeun lifted her hand to her lips. She just couldn't believe it. Taemin kissed her and she also kissed him back.
 
And he really lived up her expectation, at least in her dream. Naeun closed her eyes, trying to remember what it felt like to be kissed by Lee Taemin.  She groaned instantly and covered her face. She could feel her face burning hot under her palms and she could tell her ears immediately reddened. 
 
Oh….God. Lee Taemin kissed me. Why did he kiss me? And it was nice. Really, really nice. Of course he would be a phenomenal kisser, considering how he changed his girlfriends just like he changed his shirt. 
 
Somehow, in the back of her mind, she knew it was wrong. But boy, did she not enjoy it? Naeun thought briefly about pulling away immediately and asked him what the he thought he was doing pulling that with her but somehow wasn't following the same plan and before she knew it, she kissed him back. If she thought him kissing her was nice, them kissing each other was so much better.
 
She groaned loudly, gathering people's attention to her. She didn't care at all. She knew she was pathetic. She panicked and left Taemin in a really awkward situation. What did he expect actually? He had been so mean to her the entire year she knew him, all of sudden he was there and kissing her like he really liked her. Like he was really attracted to her.
 
Naeun sighed when she closed her eyes. She slowly touched her lips. Even after the kiss, her lips still tingled because of the sensation. His lips were rough but yet so soft. She could clearly recall that moment. It was stuck in her head and it kept repeating over and over again. 
 
She didn't have more than sunbae/hoobae feeling toward Taemin until that moment. Yes, she always thought Taemin was hot and a very charming guy. He would probably steal her heart immediately if he was being nice to her from the first place. Sometimes Naeun had to thank Taemin for being cruel to her during the time she worked with him. If he turned out to be nice and perfect gentleman to her, she probably would fall for him and it wasn't good for her, especially her heart. She didn't need to be in love at the moment, because it would be a distraction to her dream. She didn't need to feel heartache because she was focused on her dream. She wanted to be in early admission for KNUA. 
 
Falling in love and being distracted by it is definitely not in her list right now. 
 
However, she never counted at the possibility of Taemin and her. Well, because it was never a possibility. The possibility was like 0 %.  And there he was. All of a sudden, being so charming in span of minutes and kissing her and leaving her breathless and confused and wanting more.
 
"DAMN YOU, LEE TAEMIN!" 
 
Now everyone in the cafe looked at her strangely, but once again, she didn't care. She sat down and reached for her phone. 
 
Seohyun picked up her phone after 3 rings. "Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Unnie?"
 
"Naeun? Where are you? Taemin's looking for you..."
 
"Where are you, Unnie?"
 
"At school. Seriously, where are you? Taemin's panicking right now. What did he do?"
 
Naeun sighed. "Unnie, can you come here? I'm out at the usual cafe. Can you get here right now? But do not tell anyone, especially Taemin-sunbae. Please..."
 
Seohyun didn't respond for awhile. "Okay. I'll be there in ten."
 
"Thank you, Seo-unnie..." Naeun put her phone on the table and drank her iced milk coffee. She looked outside the window and kept staring at the cafe sign. Her mind wasn't in the right place right now. It kept replaying the kiss and her heart kept beating faster and it actually frightened her. How much was Taemin affecting her, how much was Taemin getting under her skin. 
 
True to her words, Seohyun arrived ten minutes later. She took a seat across Naeun, raising her eyebrows when she looked at Naeun's attire. Naeun gave her "don't-even-ask" look while calling for the waitress. 
 
"One iced tea, please." Seohyun placed her order and waited until the girl left them before turning to Naeun. "So what's going on? What happened to you?"
 
"Nothing."
 
"Don't lie." Seohyun chuckled.  "I've known you for how long? You can't fool me, Naeun. Is it something related to Taemin?" 
 
Should I tell her? Naeun pondered. She was hesitating, knowing Seohyun was also close to Taemin because she was his classmate and also Seohyun's boyfriend was Taemin's friend. But then again, if she didn't tell anyone about this, she thought she was going to go crazy anytime soon.
 
Naeun leaned in, playing with the edge of her cup. Seohyun quietly stared at her. Seohyun never pressured her, no matter how annoyed Seohyun was at Naeun. She was so patient and nice to Naeun. Seohyun was more like a close sister to her. She always listened to Naeun's problems, offered her comfort when Naeun was sad, laughed with her when Naeun was happy. Naeun believed in Seohyun and she really wanted to share this with her. 
 
Naeun was confused with her feelings. She didn't know why Taemin suddenly kissed her. Could it be that he liked her? Or was it just some kind of a joke to him? She didn't know. She liked kissing him, yet at the same time hating it. 
 
"So?" Seohyun broke her into stupor. 
 
"Taemin kissed me!" Naeun blurted out suddenly. Her eyes were wide and she could actually feel her cheeks reddening.
 
Seohyun looked shocked but then managed to compose herself. "What?"
 
This time, Naeun admitted it in low voice, almost shy. "Taemin kissed me…"
 
"Why?"
 
Naeun glared at Seohyun. "I don't know. How should I know? He was just… there… and the next thing I know, he kissed me…"
 
"And?" Seohyun inquired. Almost without expression.
 
Naeun blushed and leaned in closer to Seohyun to whisper. "And I kissed him back…"
 
Seohyun slowly leaned back and a smile came across her face. "So…" she dragged her speech. "You were kissing each other??"
 
Naeun rolled her eyes. "Really, unnie? REALLY? Of all things you could've said, you said that?"
 
Seohyun laughed. "Seriously, Naeun, if you don't see this coming, you're so dense…"
 
"Huh?"
 
"If you didn't know already that Taemin likes you, then you're so ignorant..."
 
"WHAT? NO ING WAY!" 
 
Seohyun smirked. "Wow, goddess Naeun cursed."
 
Naeun rolled her eyes. "Not the time to think about that. But that's just.... absurd! No way Taemin likes me, unnie!"
 
"Of course, he can. In fact, I think he already does."
 
Naeun pouted but seemed to consider it. "I don't think he does..." She said in a quiet voice. 
 
"Why do you think he kissed you?" 
 
"I don't know. Maybe he just wanted to piss me off, like he always does. Or maybe he just wanted to take an advantage of me.... I don't know... I just... It's impossible..."
 
"Naeun..." Seohyun smiled. "Taemin does like you. You didn't notice? Just think about it, will you?" 
 
Naeun was quiet. She tried to remember the first time she saw him. It was the opening ceremony and he gave a speech to welcome the new students. She remembered admiring him the first time she laid her eyes on him. He was undeniably handsome with a killer smile and innocent-like eyes. That was a killer combination and Naeun knew this was the kind of guy she should avoid if she wanted to survive high school. He was almost perfect. Top student, rich parents, handsome and popular in school. He wasn't a jock to begin with but he was also good at sports. Naeun knew this later because her class was against his at the school event. Her class team was against Taemin's class team in a basketball match. She remembered she couldn't take his eyes off Taemin at that time.
 
Only when she joined the newspaper club when Taemin was still vice-president of the club, she began to know the real him. The real Lee Taemin. He was cruel and mean at her. It was clear to everyone that he didn't like her. It was shown through his action and his words to her. At first Naeun felt hurt and sometimes he made her want to cry and quit being the club member, but Naeun always got reminded by her goal and what she wanted to achieve, so she beared with it. For herself and her dream.
 
Could it be? Naeun pondered. 
 
The only one who had received his wrath the most. The only person whom he yelled at the most. It was her. 
 
Could it be that he liked her? Maybe that was the reason why he was mean to her. Could it be?
 
"You know..." Seohyun brought her back to reality. 
 
"Hmmmm...?"
 
"He would always stare at you when you don't realize. I mean, you always doesn't realize but yes, he always stared at you... This kind of time, I wish you were more aware of your surrounding..."
 
Naeun pouted but then suddenly blushed. "He does?"
 
"Yeah, he does. So, this is why he gets so worked up today. He's been looking all over the school for you. It's kinda amusing, really." Seohyun laughed. "So now what do we do?"
 
Naeun smiled. "What do we do? Exactly what do we do? Nothing."
 
"Seriously? You don't even have feeling for this guy? Are you serious?"
 
Naeun laughed. "Honest thought?"
 
Seohyun nodded.
 
"It's weird to think that Taemin likes me, after all this past year, I thought that he hates me. It's definitely weird." Naeun pondered for awhile. "Can I tell you something?"
 
Seohyun nodded again.
 
"Actually, I had a crush on him back in the first year, like HUGE crush. And then he started acting all bossy and annoying and I kinda lost interest on him.. I've become indifferent."
 
"And now?" Seohyun smirked. 
 
Naeun smirked back. "Do you think I will make it easy for him now? We'll see, we'll see."
 
Seohyun threw her a napkin. "You're so cruel."
 
Naeun laughed, couldn't exactly grasp this feeling inside her. She just knew she was confused and feeling .... giddy.
 
-------------------------
 
Hi there! First of all I want to say thank you for reading the story. I'm thankful that you like the story so far. I know I've been so bad with giving feedback on the comments because I'm so overwhelmed with warm comments from you all. Just know that I've read every single comment from you and they're motivating me to keep writing this story. Thank you again, I appreciate it so much. 
 
Thank you again for reading and please kindly review.