Getting To Know You [Part 2]

Struck By Lightning

A/N: Hey guys! It's been a while. I'm still crazy busy with school especially since it'll be over with soon. This time of year is always the worst. My friend's been pretty out of it and I wanted to update this fic for her to cheer her up a little. It's not too long but it's an update nonetheless. There will be a third part to this chapter!! Thank you guys so much for your comments, subs, votes and patience. Please enjoy this chapter!

Yoona had taken Suzy and Sunny to her room which happened to be on the third floor. Sunny was tempted to ask how many floors there were exactly, but she was a little frightened about what the answer could be. Plus, she was a little distracted by the spiralling stairs that were beginning to make her a little dizzy. Or maybe it was the whiteness of the walls? Or maybe that was Yoona’s perfume? Wait.

“In case you’re wondering unnie, there are only four floors here,” Suzy answered her question, as if having read all of her thoughts. And thankfully, snapping her out of thinking about what kind of perfume Yoona uses.

“Only four? As in there are houses with more?” Sunny asked with her eyes wide open, “Do you guys really use all the space?” It sounded ridiculous to Sunny; a room for each person and two bathrooms and maybe two extra rooms for recreation or guests. But four floors?

“My parents own a lot of things,” Yoona replied with a laugh, “I personally only stay on the first and third floor since all my lessons are conducted on the first floor and my room is here.”

“My room is also somewhere down the hall! I’d love to show you it after, that is if you don’t mind a bit of a mess,” Suzy added in, grabbing Sunny’s hand with excitement. She then wondered if she had put away the growing pile of empty instant ramen cups on her desk.

Uncle would always remind her to put them away once a week and her Aunt would insist that she stop eating such unhealthy food. But Yoona knew about her love and passion for ramen and always helped her convince her parents that buying a huge bulk supply of various flavoured instant ramen is essential to life as we know it.

Sunny raised her brow at Suzy and then remembered that she didn’t get the chance to show the younger girl her own room. It wasn’t the cleanest so Sunny didn’t think she’d have a problem with it. But before she could respond to the younger girl who was squeezing her hand, Yoona leaned over and whispered, “It’s a little more than a bit.”

Her warm breath tickled Sunny’s ear and neck and she felt goosebumps go up her arm. She laughed in response, trying her best to hide the redness of her cheeks. She sighed inwardly, upset by her nervous behaviour towards this girl. She hasn’t felt this nervous around anyone for a very long time, let alone a girl and someone who was practically a stranger.

Sunny kept telling herself that it was just the idea of marriage, yeah, of being seen as a good wife. That was what was pressuring her and causing her to feel nervous, that was exactly it.

The three girls moved to Yoona’s king sized bed where the remaining choices sat on Yoona’s pillows. While Suzy and Yoona got on the bed with ease, Sunny fell face forward, not expecting its softness. Her body felt like it sank deep into the mattress and she almost felt like she was drowning. Since when did beds commit such crimes?

“Are you okay?” Yoona asked as she grabbed Sunny’s arm and help her from sinking deeper into her sheets. “Sorry, I should’ve known. The exact same thing happened to Suzy the first time she came on my bed.”

Sunny laughed a little and shrugged it off, trying to keep her focus on staying balanced on Yoona’s bed and not falling over again. Once she found her footing she joined Yoona and Suzy in front of the remaining profiles sitting neatly in a row on Yoona’s pillow.

“I guess we should talk about why we chose what and make a final decision?” Sunny insisted, staring at the apartments. In reality, she didn’t actually care where they’d go. Yoona’s parents were paying for everything, so why should she even have a say in it? The small girl lived a pretty simple life, she didn’t need anything extraordinary, just the people she loved and her game consoles.

“Why don’t you start then?” Yoona offered.

Sunny then noticed that there was quite some distance between them despite Sunny sitting in the middle. Did she smell? She was certain she showered thoroughly before coming over. And she was wearing her favourite scented lotion, so it couldn’t be that. Maybe it was her breath? Sunny groaned inwardly, suddenly feeling extremely self-conscious and Yoona just looked at her curiously.

“Y-Yeah sure,” Sunny finally replied. Yoona reacted with a small smile while Suzy smirked, inching closer to Sunny.

“Sunny unnie chose these because you liked them,” Suzy spoke up, carefully watching her cousin for a reaction.

“Hey! Only two out of three,” Sunny defended herself, her voice becoming quieter with each word. Her gaze shifted over to Yoona who was just smiling at her before a chuckle escaped her lips.

“I noticed as much,” she moved a little closer to Sunny, “It was really sweet of you to do Sunny.”

It happened in slow motion, at least for Sunny. The taller girl’s long, slender fingers caressed her own short, stubby ones and the contact was absolutely electric. She felt goosebumps make their appearance once more and she prayed to God that it wasn’t too obvious.

“Just hold hands already!” Suzy shouted, startling the two girls. She pushed Sunny closer to Yoona, insisting that they just get on with being intimate already. She was growing tired of their slow progress.

Not exactly expecting the younger girl to shove her, Sunny lost her balance and instantly collided with Yoona. She almost yelled out a curse word, but managed to hold her tongue. Immediately she wanted to apologize, but the second she noticed that Yoona’s face was only a few inches away from her own and that her lower body was pressed against her, Sunny lost her words.

“You know Sunny, you’re really the one who’s pretty here,” Yoona mumbled, finding interest in Sunny’s startled expression. Up close, Yoona could see how deep and clear Sunny’s eyes were. Up close, Yoona realized how cute the curve of Sunny’s nose was and most importantly, she noticed how unique Sunny’s lips looked.

If Yoona was to be honest with herself, she’d say that her beauty was plain and as basic as it got. She would look in the mirror and see nothing but an average face, aside from the bags under her eyes. But those as well were pretty normal.

So when she first saw Sunny, at that funeral and crying her eyes out, Yoona had to look away. She couldn’t stay too long, she couldn’t be near her. She knew that Sunny was supposed to be her future wife, but what she didn’t know was how attracted she would be to her at first sight.

It felt so disrespectful and weird, Sunny was broken with tears endlessly streaming down her face and yet all Yoona could think about was wow, I really lucked out.

She didn’t stop thinking about Sunny since then.

And here they were, so close to each other, finally getting to see and know each other and Sunny isn’t crying this time. She’s seen her smile, laugh and even blush.

As much as every fibre of her being told her to kiss the girl underneath her right then, right now, she got up, knowing that Sunny probably wasn’t ready for it yet.

She looked over at Suzy who just waggled her eye brows and Yoona had to cover to stifle her laughter. By the time she looked back at Sunny, the girl’s cheeks lost their rosy colour and she was smiling again, this time a little shyly.

“Sorry about that,” Sunny said with a light chuckle, “I just kind of noticed you were staying away from me so I wasn’t sure what kind of…contact was allowed.”

Sunny wanted to slap herself. What kind of sentence was that? She looked at Yoona and hoped that she wouldn’t be weirded out or mad, but instead she was met with a toothy grin.

“Sunny, we’re going to get married some day and soon, we’re going to move in with each other. I think…I think it’ll be okay if you held my hand.”

Yoona took Sunny’s hand first, the small body part fitting perfectly in her hand. She could feel that it was a little clammy and had to hold back a laugh. The older girl’s nervousness was too funny.

“I can’t believe you’re being the brave one here,” Sunny laughed again, “I was hoping that I could’ve taken on the role of reliable prince, not you.”

The two made eye contact again and this time Sunny held it properly without too many breath taking thoughts. She relaxed her body and somehow, the girl who gave her butterflies managed to shoo them away all the same.

Suzy sat back and enjoyed the dialogue bouncing back and forth between her unnies. She wanted popcorn or something to munch on while watching them. It didn’t even matter that she was practically a third wheel now; she just wanted to watch the rest of this drama and hope that they would be getting a happy ending.