Lub-Dub

Struck By Lightning

A/N: Here's the next update! Thank you everyone for your comments, upvotes and subs! They really mean a lot <3 School is starting again tomorrow, but I'm 90% sure that this will be updated again in two weeks time. Enjoy!

Sunny sent Suzy home so she could spend the night thinking about her choices carefully. After all, this was her and Yoona’s future home. She had to take the decision seriously.

Before leaving, Suzy left Sunny her future wife’s number in case she wanted to start communicating with her properly. Apparently she felt bad having Suzy do all the dirty work, but Suzy didn’t really mind because she liked Sunny, and Sunny didn’t mind getting to know Suzy a little more either.

Sunny stared at her phone, unsure of what to say first. Should she just introduce herself and wait for a response? Or should she ask her how she’s been? Should she be incredibly formal or should she already try talking intimately with her wife?

She grumbled as her fingers aimlessly wandered over the keys of her phone, her mind still trying to decide what to say.

To Yoona:

Hey, this is Sunny. Suzy gave me your number so I hope it’s okay to text you. I was told not to call you since you have a busy schedule, so I’ve resorted to texting. I hope it’s not too impersonal. I finished deciding on an apartment and I’ll have you know it was one of your top three choices!! I know you’re super busy but I was hoping we could maybe meet up once before we move in together? With or without Suzy is fine, haha. Anyway, I hope you’re well and that you have a great day.

Sunny.

She stared at her phone, it seemed like an okay enough message. She checked it a few times to make sure there weren’t any grammar mistakes. With a small smile she pressed send and let out a deep breath that seemed to have gotten stuck in as she typed out her message.

She placed the device on her stomach as she reclined on the coach, stretching her nervousness from that text away. However, the phone buzzed in the middle of her stretching, causing her to jump in surprise. She practically jumped onto her phone, her eyes widening and her heart racing.

“That was fast,” Sunny exclaimed to herself in disbelief. But when she saw a different name on her screen, she felt a little disappointed. And then a little relieved that no one was home to see that ridiculously embarrassing display.

Oy, shorty! We haven’t seen each other in a while and it’s kind of weird how I think I’ve seen Taeyeon more often than you this past week. I’m already on my way over so you can’t really reject me, kekekekekeke. I’m sure you missed me though, you can’t deny that. I hope you guys have snacks!

Sunny smiled at her phone, although it wasn’t her future wife, she was excited at the idea of seeing Sooyoung. It was a pity that Jessica was working because then they could have a bff meeting to catch up with stuff.

With a slight spring in her step from finally having some sort of communication with Yoona (although the action has yet to be reciprocated), Sunny went to quickly change into an oversized sweater and shorts to look somewhat presentable for her tall best friend. Sooyoung would always complain when Sunny was a little underdressed. It wasn’t really Sunny’s fault that Sooyoung had a tendency of coming over when she was only in her underwear and a tank top.

And as if right on time, she heard a furious knocking on her door to the sound of some top 40 song Sunny can’t seem to name at the moment. Only one person knocked like that. If she didn’t hurry and answer the door, her neighbours might file a complaint.

“Shikshin!” Sunny greeted upon opening her door, pulling her friend into a tight hug. “I was beginning to think that you were only friends with me to get to Taeyeon.”

“Who says that’s not true?” Sooyoung joked, poking Sunny’s cheek when the girl pouted at her cutely. “Anyway girl, what’s new? When am I going to meet this future wife of yours? Sica and Taeng said you showed them a picture but what about me? I feel left out! Have you been feeling better? I hope you’ve been eating well. Did you make food? You should always have food ready for guests.”

“Was that some sort of long winded way of you asking me to prepare food for you?” Sunny asked with arms crossed and an eyebrow up. She sure said a lot just to say that she’s hungry. “You’re the one who’s been too busy for me so I think you should be the one cooking.”

“But Sunny!” Sooyoung whined, following behind Sunny into the kitchen. She was alternating between hopping and skipping, showing off her obnoxious aegyo, “I’m your gorgeous guest, you should feed me.”

“Naw,” Sunny replied with a cheeky smile, “I’m not even hungry it’s just you. If you want some food Taeyeon just restocked on snacks. She got some of your favourites since she figured you’d be over more often.”

At the mention of the woman she was currently dating, Sooyoung’s face felt flushed, “She thinks of me that often?” Her eyes were practically glowing and Sunny was almost blinded by the sparkling.

Sunny rolled her eyes and chuckled at her love struck friend, “Sooyoungie, she’s always been thoughtful of your gluttonous needs.”

Over chips and cookies and five or six juice boxes, Sunny filled Sooyoung in about all the news that had been going on throughout the past week. Sooyoung listened carefully while stuffing and commented every once in a while about how it all sounded like some sort of drama. Sunny wiped the crumbs off her sweater every once in a while, Sooyoung snickering at her.

She also told her about how it took her almost half an hour to send Yoona a message before Sooyoung made her way over.

“You’ll probably make fun of me but I was really nervous typing that out. It was almost as if she was right in front of me? And like, I don’t want to make a bad first impression,” Sunny explained, fiddling with her phone on the table.

Sooyoung shook her head, “No, I totally understand. You know how long it took for me to ask Taeyeon out and we’ve known her forever. This is some stranger who you’re marrying, so I think you’re allowed to be nervous.” She patted Sunny’s shoulder and gave her a small smile before proceeding to eat again.

“But you like Taeyeonnie a lot,” Sunny responded with a crinkle of her nose. “So you had every reason to take forever too.”

“Maybe you like her!” Sooyoung exclaimed excitedly. Cookie crumbs almost touched Sunny’s eye.

“Can you please finish chewing before talking?” Sunny groaned, wiping her face before wiping the remnants on Sooyoung’s shirt.

“So has she replied yet?” Sooyoung asked, small crumbs flying out of into Sunny’s hair this time, completely ignoring Sunny’s request. The shorter girl, slightly horrified quickly wiped away the mess and glared at Sooyoung. “Woops, sorry.”

“She hasn’t,” Sunny said as she checked her phone again, “Suzy said that she’s crazy busy all the time and I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss anything when I told you what classes she took.” She even looked at the notes of her phone to make sure she hadn’t missed anything.

“Are you sure you’re not marrying a robot?” Sooyoung joked as she tossed a crumpled empty bag of chips into the garbage. While Sunny was listing her many classes, Sooyoung could feel her head spinning at the amount of work it all sounded like. How could any human bear with so much? It annoyed Sooyoung fitting just her dance classes into her schedule back in high school.

“I’m pretty sure,” Sunny replied with a nod of her head, “Although I kind of wish she was a robot so I wouldn’t feel so inadequate. I mean, you heard me right? What am I compared to her?” She groaned as she was able to count all of her accomplishments on her fingers. Yoona probably needed ten or so people to count all of her talents and accomplishments.

“I bet you’re cuter,” Sooyoung answered with a smile, trying to cheer up her buddy. “Don’t think like that! You’re related to Taeyeon so you got to be good enough for anyone, okay?”

“Are you going to make gross, cheesy and slightly offensive references to Taeyeon for the duration that you’re dating her?” Sunny groaned, throwing a stray piece of cookie at the tall girl.

“You say that as if it’s not going to last long,” Sooyoung whined, jutting her bottom lip in protest at Sunny. “You think we’ll be together for a long time, right?”

She pushed and pulled on Sunny, not caring if the other girl was getting dizzy or not. She was serious, mostly and wanted Sunny to answer as soon as possible.

“I don’t know!” Sunny exclaimed, shoving Sooyoung over in an attempt to get away. “I’m not a love guru or anything and I don’t know, you guys just started dating. Ask Sica for her opinion or something.”

When Jessica’s name came up, Sooyoung suddenly remembered something she’d been itching to ask Sunny about.

“Is it just me, or has Sica been acting weird lately?” Sooyoung asked, completely concerned for the well-being of her childhood best friend. “Ever since we graduated she’s been acting weirder. Taeyeon even complained to me about her barely speaking to her and I wonder if maybe something happened?”

Sunny shrugged, “She seems the same to me.” She placed a finger on her chin as she pondered Jessica’s recent behaviour. “Taeyeon was asking me the same thing the other day too. Maybe it’s because you two started dating after we graduated and you’ve been more focused on wooing my older sister than hanging out with us. She’s probably jealous or something, you know how much Sica likes her attention.”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened, “Oh my God, you’re right! I’ve been neglecting my poor princess! I should surprise her after her shift tomorrow, what do you think?”

Sunny nodded, “I’m sure she’d love that.”

“And maybe I’ll bring Taeyeon too!” Sooyoung declared, her eyes sparkling at her own brilliant idea. Sunny wanted to say something to stop her, but she couldn’t without confirmation for what she was thinking.

She had something else on her mind actually, a completely different and quite obvious theory. Sunny wondered why it didn’t click before. Jessica was in fact jealous, but for a much more difficult and complicated reason. But the real question was, of who?

When Sooyoung stood up to go the washroom she demanded that Sunny put in her favourite Disney movie, Tangled, while she went to quickly relieve some stress. Sunny rolled her eyes.

“Just say you’re taking a dump!” she called out crudely into the hall. Sooyoung just yelled back something indecipherable and Sunny went to do as she was told.

After putting in the dvd, she took out her phone so she could text Jessica. She needed to talk to her about this as soon as possible. She would invite her over, but it’d probably be best to talk when Taeyeon wasn’t around.

Sica, your work starts tomorrow at 9 right? Want to get breakfast beforehand?

And wake up even earlier? I don’t know…

I’ll pay for you! It’s important, I really need to talk to you.

Whoa, what’s the emergency, love? Did you realize you’re actually in love with Yoona?!?! That’s wonderful! I want to hear every single detail okay? But right now I am going to get back to work because I think Tiffany is coming back oh just come pick me up at my house at like 8 okay?! Later!

Sunny hated when Jessica did that. And she did it pretty often. She sighed and tucked her phone away, not before checking one more time if Yoona had replied. No new messages. The girl must’ve been really busy.

“When will my life begin?!” Sooyoung screamed as she danced into the living room, making a loud entrance before plopping down on the couch next to, no, on top of Sunny.

“Welcome back,” Sunny grunted as she pushed the tall girl off of her, “I need you to remove yourself and then wipe your hands because they are still very much wet.”

“You mean like this?” Sooyoung asked innocently before wiping her damp hands all over Sunny. She wasn’t even careful with where her hands went, Sunny blushing as Sooyoung practically d her.

“I’m telling Taeyeon you grabbed my s!” Sunny yelled while laughing from the ticklish sensation. She finally succeeded in kicking the girl off and inched over to the other side of the couch.

“You would never,” Sooyoung gasped, following Sunny to her end of the couch. “Because you love me so much and actually don’t mind it when I touch you there.”

“Shut up.”

The two watched Tangled with Sooyoung’s arms wrapped around Sunny’s waist as the other girl occasionally glanced at her phone. The taller one had fallen asleep halfway through the movie and only jolted awake when her favourite duet began.

She looked up at Sunny, her arms still latched around her body.

“Sing with me okay?” Sooyoung demanded, poking Sunny’s flesh.

“But you drooled on me,” Sunny retorted, disgusted by the damp splotch on her shirt. Sooyoung did this often, to both her and Sica, but she could never get used to it.  

“Come on, be Eugene and I’ll be Rapunzel okay? Okay!” Sooyoung plead, completely ignoring Sunny’s complaint but not without wiping the corner of in case there were remnants.

And as usual, Sunny couldn’t resist the girl’s request.

When the movie finally finished, of course with Sooyoung falling in and out of sleep, the two decided to order take out for dinner. Sooyoung took out her handy dandy list of phone numbers and knew exactly what kind of food she wanted.

After Sunny finished ordering, she looked at her phone once more.

“Why do you keep looking at your phone?” Sooyoung asked as she munched on an apple. Sunny didn’t even know that they had apples. She was actually pretty certain that the last fruit they bought were peaches. She tried not to think about it too much, Sooyoung’s magic ability with food was forever a mystery.

“I’m just waiting for a reply from Yoona,” Sunny replied with a sigh. Her eyes narrowed as she stared down the phone as if willing Yoona to reply from the other side. “I texted her before you even came over and she hasn’t responded yet…which is perfectly fine since I know she’s a busy person but still, I thought she’d reply by now.”

A wide smile graced Sooyoung’s features as realization struck her.

“You like this girl already, don’t you?” she asked slyly, the twisted smile on her face creeping Sunny out just a little bit. “Oh my God, what if it turns out that you two are actually perfect for each other and this whole thing was planned out by destiny to begin with?”

Sunny raised her arms up and eyed her best friend strangely, “Sooyoung this isn’t one of your dramas, this is real life. And I don’t know, wouldn’t you be worried about your soon-to-be wife not answering your text for hours?”

At that precise moment, Sunny’s phone vibrated. The two girls exchanged glances before they both lunged themselves forwards, a race for Sunny\s phone.

“The heck are you doing, Soo?” Sunny whined, pushing Sooyoung’s face aside as they both reached for her phone. “This is my cell!”

“I wanna see what she said!!” Sooyoung exclaimed, somehow managing to put up a fight against the much stronger Sunny.

The struggle only lasted for a few more seconds before Sunny successfully pushed Sooyoung off the table. The tall girl landed with a soft thud and although her bottom was throbbing, she couldn’t stop laughing.

Sunny rolled her eyes at the 5 year old and smiled widely at her phone. There it was, her name blinking loud and clear.

Im Yoona

“You could at least give her a nickname, like wifey or Yoona Wife.”

Sooyoung’s sudden presence surprised Sunny as she flinched and smacked the girl in the head. She quickly walked to the other side of the kitchen and glared at Sooyoung before looking down to finally read the response.

Good evening Sunny,

Sorry that this text is so late! I’m pooped from all the classes I had today, so seeing a text from you when I got back to my room instantly put a smile on my face. I’ll be free for lunch tomorrow, if you want to meet up and discuss your final decision. Please come over so we can eat a good lunch then tell my parents immediately of our decision, together. I’m really excited to finally get to talk to you properly. Suzy talks about you all the time, so I trust you’re a good person. She’s always had really good judgment of people and she often compares herself to a dog, saying that’s why and… I’m sorry this text is getting so long! I hope you have a good evening. I’ll be getting ready to sleep soon, so please text me back the time in which you’ll be here tomorrow.

Until then,

Yoona

“Is your face okay?” Sooyoung teased, her finger tickling Sunny’s cheek. She was grinning from ear to ear, her cheeks threatening to rip into two. “Let me guess, she sent nudes?”

“Shut up!” Sunny huffed, shooing her tall friend away before texting Yoona back quickly. “She just happened to send a rather lengthy response that made me smile, is all. Anyway, shouldn’t you be heading home?”

Sooyoung shook her head, “I wanted to wait for Taeyeon to come home first before heading back myself. I miss her.”

“Didn’t you guys see each other yesterday? I heard you surprised her at work,” Sunny recalled Taeyeon’s giddy story rather clearly. It seemed as though Sooyoung was a very considerate soon to be girlfriend.

“Well yeah, but that was a long time ago,” she pouted, rubbing her forehead into Sunny’s shoulder in distress. “Way too long ago! I want to see Taeyeonnieeeeee!”

As if hearing her name from afar, the two froze when they heard the door unlocking, revealing a very tired Taeyeon.

“Sunny, you’re cooking tonight I do not have any energy to do anything,” she groaned, throwing her things down before plopping herself down on the couch.

“Taengoo!!” a shrill voice called out and before Taeyeon could even process whose voice it was, she felt a very familiar, prickly weight on her back.

“Oh, hey Sooyoungie,” Taeyeon greeted with a weak smile, “Are you here to give me a massage? Soonkyu never gives her precious older sister massages.”

Sunny rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue at her sister, earning a soft chuckle in response.

“Don’t massage her, Sooyoung,” Sunny commanded, shaking her head. “You were just heading home now, right?”

Sooyoung was still thinking though, her face pink as she thought about the potential skinship. She’s never given a massage before, would she be good at it? Would she hurt Taeyeon? How bad could someone be at massaging? Sooyoung’s sure she could be good at it if she tried.

“Oh dear God she’s considering it,” Sunny sighed, “Okay, I’ll leave you two love birds alone.”

As she walked back to the kitchen, she couldn’t help but look back. The Sooyoung sitting on top of Taeyeon was rather different from what she was used to. She was bashful as she hesitated to touch Taeyeon’s aching back. It was rather comical actually, since the two used to wrestle and kick each other all the time.

It’s weird how now that Sooyoung’s feelings were revealed, everything was different.

But she’s drinking in Taeyeon’s laughter and the shy smile on Sooyoung’s face; it was a relationship that would probably blossom into something amazing.

And speaking of relationships, Sunny’s phone buzzed again and she glanced down to see that Yoona had sent a goodnight text. She smiled widely at the screen of her phone.

Maybe her arranged relationship could turn into something even more amazing.

The thought made her look towards the next day with a bright smile.