Getting To Know You [Part 1]

Struck By Lightning

A/N: Looks like the part everyone's been waiting for has arrived. I decided to put up the first half of the chapter so you could all get a taste in case I don't get my deadline right. Thanks again for the comments and I look forward to your reactions to the long awaited Yoonsun!!!

When Sunny got home, she delicately placed the flowers on the kitchen table before running upstairs to take a quick shower. A smile was plastered on her face as the image of the animated people at the store filled her mind. She shook her head and grabbed her towel as she entered the bathroom.

She quickly threw off her shirt and the shower. She had about an hour to get ready and make her way over. It wasn’t until she removed her jeans that she noticed a slip of paper tucked in her underwear.

She paused, wondering if she could remember the exact moment the paper slipped into such a…place. Her face heated up and she shook her head after, trying not to think about it too much before directing her attention to what was on the slip of paper.

These yellow lilies here represent friendship and devotion which should be the foundation of your relationship with Yoona. Orange roses are some of my favourite and symbolize the enthusiasm and desire that I could feel burning in your soul. And these blue flowers? They’re just really pretty, don’t you agree? I wish you two the best of luck.

“When did she even have time to write this?” Sunny said fondly before placing the slip on her desk. “That flower shop sure was something... a good way to start the day. Anyway Sunny it’s time to prepare for the main event of the day.”

With a churning stomach and rapidly beating heart, she stepped into the shower in hopes of washing away her nervousness.

Unfortunately, she ended up running for her bus. She picked her outfit the night before to prevent having wardrobe crises, but she ended up second guessing herself anyway. Then third guessing herself, then so on and so forth. This lead to her losing track of time and well, entering the bus with her hair already messed up and her flower’s wrapping slightly crinkled.

She quickly fixed her hair with her fingers and took a seat at the back of the bus, trying her best to catch her breath.

“Oh God,” she mumbled to herself as she adjusted the bouquet in her hands and looked at her phone. She’d be there for half an hour. Half an hour of the woodland creatures and butterflies in her stomach increasing in population and making her more and more unsettled.

She groaned loudly, much more loudly than she had expected and the few patrons that were on the bus turned to look at her. She might as well have screamed with the amount of attention she just brought to herself. Sunny hid her face behind the bouquet and sank into her seat a little more before turning her attention to her phone.

I’m excited to be seeing you soon. - Yoona

How conveniently timed.

It was a short and simple text message but it managed to calm Sunny down. Surely her face was pink and her heart didn’t want to slow down, but she was relatively much calmer than before. In combination with what came next, Sunny made another obnoxiously loud sound that caught the attention of the bus patrons for a second time.

I’m pretty sure I’m more excited to see you than Yoong unnie is. Maybe we should be the ones getting married instead kekekeke. Hurry up! – Suzy

She stifled her giggles with her hand and shook her head before putting her phone away. She’d be seeing them both soon.

This was just a simple get together. Sure it was the first real get together for Sunny and her future wife, but when it came down to it they were both just girls getting to know each other. It’s not like they’re getting married right now or going to prom together. Sunny took in a deep breath and reminded herself that there really was nothing to be so worried about. And soon enough, with the right amount of self-hypnotization she managed to reduce the strange feeling in her stomach.

“Looks like I won’t be vomiting on her,” she whispered to herself as the bus turned into the familiar neighbourhood. “Come on Sunny, get yourself together!” She took in another deep breath and smiled.

To her surprise, Suzy was waiting for her at the bus stop with frantically waving arms. She was jumping up and down and it was a wonder how she didn’t look as if she was even a little bit tired. Seeing her enthusiasm, Sunny hopped off the bus as soon as possible and was welcomed with a tight hug from the younger girl.

“Unnie!” she cooed before letting go of the smaller girl. “This is so exciting! Aren’t you excited? Come on, let’s go!”

Sunny didn’t even have the time to respond for Suzy had a tight grip on her arm and didn’t seem as if she’d be letting go anytime soon. Not that it was much of a problem, for the girl’s excitement eased her heart and she could freely scream into the air without seeming too weird.

Their pace slowed down before Suzy carefully unlocked the door. She turned to Sunny with this large, slightly creepy smile she had been wearing since they met up at the bus stop and insisted that she go in first.

“Sorry Yoona couldn’t come with me,” Suzy said as they walked to where Sunny assumed to be their meeting place.

It was only Sunny’s second time in the mansion and the place just felt so ridiculously and unnecessarily huge. She hoped that the apartment her and Yoona ended up choosing would be a regular, manageable size. She was certain that if she was to live in a place like this, she’d never find her way out.

She almost didn’t hear Suzy’s explanation for she was too busy taking in the interior design, but she managed to snap back to reality when Suzy squeezed the hand she was holding.

“She’ll be here any minute, she’s just changing from her last practice for the day. It’s a miracle but she managed to get the rest of the day off so we could all hang out! I know she only asked you over for lunch, but if you could stay with us all day that would be awesome.” Suzy seemed the most excited about the idea and Sunny could see her hand turning white from her circulation being cut off. “Yoong unnie almost never does this, so I’m really happy!!”

Sunny couldn’t even feel nervous anymore with such a cute, ecstatic kid in front of her. It was as if she was absorbing all of the uneasiness and uncertainty from her body and replaced it with tingles and good feelings. She moved her free hand to pat the girl on the head and giggled when Suzy rubbed her head into her palm.

“Hey, I thought I was the only one allowed to pet you.”

A sudden, charmingly boyish voice entered the room and Sunny turned her head to see Yoona standing at the doorway. It was weird hearing such a low voice come from a face like Yoona’s and Sunny wasn’t sure why it made her nervous all over again. She froze in her spot as she watched Suzy run over to Yoona’s side and tackle the girl with a hug. As much as she wanted to follow after to at least give the girl a hand shake, she couldn’t move. She did her best at least look a bit natural and tried to move her legs to take a step or two closer.

Instead, the hand that held the bouquet shook as it lifted itself to make the gift noticed. It wasn’t exactly what she wanted, but it was better than nothing.

“Oh yeah unnie, Sunny brought you some flowers,” Suzy said with a chuckle. She pulled on Yoona’s sleeve hard enough to drag her closer to Sunny, noticing that the small girl had a bit of an issue with moving.

“For you,” Sunny offered, recovering her ability to speak. Every particle of her soul was moving rapidly from her toes to the tip of her head, causing her to feel dizzy. It was as if her entire body was running in circles despite her being very much still.

But like magic, the vertigo stopped when Yoona eyed the wrapped bouquet in her hands, a soft smile gracing her features.

The response was favourable and the sparkle in Yoona’s eyes helped Sunny regain her confidence. She felt relief and Yoona hadn’t even unwrapped the bouquet to see how beautiful it was. But before she could even begin to expect the girl’s reaction to the actual flowers, they made direct eye contact and Sunny lost her composure all over again.

It was so quick and yet so intimate.

“You’re so pretty,” Sunny mumbled, but not quiet enough to Yoona to miss.

Yoona laughed and scratched her head nervously, “Thank you, Sunny. I get that a lot, but somehow it seems especially special coming from you.”

The smaller girl made sure not to miss the slight pink on Yoona’s cheeks and felt a strange energy surge through her body.

Her body and soul was really going all out today.

Sunny then raised an eye brow, “So you get that a lot huh? I should take it back then, you don’t really need another compliment it seems.”

“Ohh,” Suzy howled, enjoying the scene before her, “I can already see the chemistry. This will be fun, won’t it?” she mumbled to herself before giggling uncontrollably. The pair in front of her only caught the laughter and broke from their heated stare to look at the youngest girl with wonder.

“Come on you two lovebirds, let’s look at some rooms and whatever.”