From the Bottom of My Heart

Struck By Lightning

A/N: Hey guys! Fast update huh? I hope you're happy hehehehe. I hope to have the next one out by the end of this month. I'm still on break so maybe if you're lucky I'll be done by this weekend. But if something comes up, I hope you're all willing to wait. Anyway, this chapter introduces a few more important characters to the plot. I hope some if not most of you guys are Miss A fans because they will have their own sub plot and as seen through Suzy, they are rather important to Sunny and everyone's relationship. I also introduce a certain Chinese SM idol that I personally adore. She won't be a huge part of the plot but I hope she grows to become one of your favourite side characters. Please enjoy and comment as you always do! It makes me so happy to have so many people following this! I thought I was using rather uncommon pairs too!

Oh and if you haven't, I suggest reading the prequel I wrote to the Miss A/Jiazy part of this fic. It's not too long and it'll help you understand their relationship more since they will hopefully be reuniting within a few chapters. I'll put up another reminder when that moment approaches~ 

Sunny managed to worm the conversation away from the touchy topic. She knew they had to talk about it more someday, but now they were done with the subject matter. It was clear that Jessica still had a lot of personal reflection to do. The smaller girl just made it clear that she would be there immediately when Jessica was ready to take action.

They finished breakfast on a much lighter topic, the nerve wrecking and drama-esque first meeting of Sunny and her bride-to-be. Jessica clapped happily as Sunny sank into her seat and rolled her eyes at her friend.

“Are you going to bring her flowers or something?” Jessica asked, her eyes sparkling and practically glazed over. It looked like she’s more excited about this than Sunny is.

At least, on the outside it seemed so.

Sunny didn’t want to admit it but with each passing minute, her stomach was filling more and more with butterflies. And she wasn’t sure if she was enjoying it or not. She wanted to vomit and scream and just a million other things at once.

Of course, she couldn’t let it show too much. Jessica would non-stop and Sunny didn’t want any of that. Not that the teasing wasn’t already bad enough.

“Should I bring her flowers? I was thinking about it but then I thought that it’d probably be a bit embarrassing…” she wanted to impress Yoona and the flowers would probably make her happy but, just thinking about handing the flowers over made her blush and she wasn’t sure if she was ready for that kind of act of affection.

“It would be rather courteous and I don’t know, I think I’d like it if my future partner gave me flowers,” Jessica’s grin was just growing by the second. She could sense Sunny’s discomfort and embarrassment and she was just eating it all up. She wanted so badly to pinch the girl’s cheeks and spend all day rolling in her fluttering emotions.

“Alright, I guess I’ll do that,” Sunny said with a shrug and a laugh, trying to regain her composure. “But wait, do I get her roses? Lilies? Carnations? Should I ask Suzy for her favourite flowers? Or do I just pick up any old bouquet of flowers?!”

“Well you can’t get old flowers Sun Bun, then they’d be dead,” Jessica said in a matter-of-fact tone. Sunny rolled her eyes before bursting into laughter. It looked like Jessica was serious.

Breakfast ended soon and the girls offered Yuri a big tip. Or well, at least a big tip for two girls fresh out of high school.

“Treat your girl to something nice,” Sunny teased with a wink as she and Jessica walked out of the diner. It was always a pleasure to see Yuri’s cheesy smile and her cheeks burning red.

“I definitely will,” Yuri replied with a bow, “Everyone here has been so supportive of our relationship.”

“So you better invite us to the wedding!” An elderly couple chirped in unison and the entire diner erupted in laughter.

Jessica’s workplace was only a ten minute bike ride away so Sunny offered to bring the girl over. It was a usual routine if the two or if the entire trio had breakfast together. Sunny was the one without the job so she always offered to carry her friends around.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to sleep on my back again?” Sunny commented with a shake of her head. Jessica’s eyes were already closed, the question being answered right away.

As the bike ride began, Sunny immediately felt the weight of Jessica’s body collapse against her own. “I wonder if she ever sleeps on the job.” It’s a surprise that she hasn’t heard a story of it come up yet.

Once they arrived at the store she worked at, Jessica refused to remove herself from Sunny’s body and bike. She didn’t want to work, not yet. Sunny could only imagine how cranky Jessica would be if her parents made her work from opening, which was only two hours earlier.

“Sica, it’s 8:55, you’re gonna be late if you don’t head in now,” Sunny said as she pet the taller girl who was whining in her arms. How is it that this happens every time and Sunny still gets surprised when the girl throws a fit?

“But I don’t want to work all day,” Jessica continued to whine, “More students have been coming in since summer started and frankly everyone is a jerk.”

“I’m not a jerk,” Sunny replied with a small smile, “And neither is the person who is planning on surprising you after your shift today.”

Jessica’s body immediately lifted itself off Sunny as if a spirit possessed her, excitement clearly showing on her face.

“Surprise? Is it…is it Sooyoung?” The smile on her face was beginning to widen. As much as it hurt to see Sooyoung and Taeyeon together and as much as she’s been trying to avoid Sooyoung and her endless ranting of her new relationship, Jessica really missed the girl.

“I can’t tell you, or it wouldn’t be a surprise,” Sunny laughed as she patted the girl on her head before patting her . “Now hurry up and start your shift. I think I see Tiffany coming out.”

“Fine, fine,” Jessica groaned. “I’ll see you later, love. Tell Yoona I said hi and try not to kiss her on the first date.”

Before Sunny could come up with a clever retort through her pink cheeks, Jessica had already been spotted by her co-worker Tiffany and was being dragged into the store.

“Hey Miyoung,” Sunny greeted with a giant wave of her arms, “Yuri told me the good news! I hope you two invite me to the wedding!!!”

Tiffany instantly turned red and could only kind of nod to Sunny, trying to hide her embarrassment. The small girl watched with a giggle.

She really admired Tiffany and honestly hoped that her relationship with Yuri would be something quite fairy tale-esque. She really deserved it. The girl came to Korea, fresh from the States and to support herself in University she worked about three or four jobs. Believe it or not, she also worked with Sooyoung and Taeyeon in the same café sometimes.

Once the two girls disappeared, Sunny placed her feet back on the pedals and made her way towards the nearby florist. It was a twenty minute bike ride away and she had to quickly go home after to freshen up for Yoona’s house.

She had received an encouraging text from Suzy that morning as well that she would occasionally look at for reassurance.

Sunny unnie!

I’ll be there with you and Yoona unnie in case you were wondering. I hope it’s not intrusive or anything but I wanted to see you and actually, don’t tell Yoong unnie I said this but she’s really nervous about seeing you again. She tries not to let it show all the time but she’s actually a really shy girl. She puts up a front for her parents and her teachers you know? Well, I’m sure you’ll really know when you know, right? Which will be soon, I think. I hope. Wait, I’m confused. Anyway, I’ll see you soon!

Suzy

The goofy girl made her nerves find a way to cool down, if even for just a minute.

It reminded her if she should ask the girl for flower advice, but then again Suzy would find about the flowers in the first place. Could she accidentally ruin the surprise? Sunny had a feeling she would. Besides, it was embarrassing to ask in the first place. She could only hope that the shop owners were helpful. She had never actually gone inside the shop, but from the window it always seemed to be pretty lively in there.

The door made a chiming sound when Sunny opened it, alerting of the workers inside that they had a customer. Sunny was immediately greeted by a wide smile and heavily accented Korean.

“Good morning little one! My name is Victoria and I welcome you to my flower shop~!” she had grabbed Sunny’s hand and was shaking it furiously with tremendous strength. Sunny wondered if maybe her hand was bruised or on the verge of falling off.

“Qian! I told you not to scare our customers like that,” another girl said, pulling Victoria away from a slightly frightened Sunny. “I’m so sorry about that, our manager gets a little excited when we have customers.”

“Fei Fei…” Victoria whined as she was pushed away, “But she’s so cute…”

“Anyway, mornin’ could we help you?” another girl asked as Fei pulled Victoria away to stand at least a metre or two away from Sunny. “Fei and I are new here so unfortunately we can’t take our manager away from you. She’s the expert here after all. We’re kind of just here for decoration and to calm her down.”

Sunny shook her head and giggled at the girl’s blunt honesty and the woman named Victoria who was still trembling with excitement in Fei’s arms. “No, no it’s fine. She didn’t scare me, just startle me a little. It’s nice to have enthusiasm like that.”

The small girl really didn’t expect such an explosive welcome at a flower shop of all places.

“I just wanted to get a bouquet of flowers for umm…my umm…” she couldn’t possibly say that it was for her future wife, could she? Would they believe her? They’d probably laugh.

“Boyfriend?!” Victoria shrieked, clasping her hands together. Fei covered her ears immediately and wore a pained expression.

“Umm…” Sunny’s face flushed pink and she noticed a smirk form on the girl who wasn’t introduced yet.

“Or girlfriend?” she asked with a waggle of her eyebrows.

“Either way, will it be a bouquet filled with love?!” Victoria asked, grabbing Sunny’s hands in a flash. Fei shook her head and placed a hand on Victoria, making her give Sunny at least a little bit more personal space.

Sunny was about to answer until she noticed the manager’s eyes were closed.

“This might seem weird, but she’s actually imagining the perfect bouquet for you right now,” Fei said with a sigh. “Anyway, what’s your name miss? I could start writing your card for your special someone.”

“I’m Sunny,” the small girl said rather nervously for Victoria now had a hand over her heart.

“It’s beating rather quickly,” Victoria almost whispered. It was in that moment that Sunny declared that this woman had the biggest mouth she’s ever seen. And she’s pretty sure Sooyoung had that title ever since they were kids.

“Do you love them?” she asked, her eyes glazed over with something Sunny couldn’t describe.

“Um, not yet,” Sunny responded, a little surprised by her own answer.

“Interesting,” Victoria replied as she rubbed her chin, “Jia open the door to the garden and Fei prepare the paper and card.”

“Who’s the special guy, Sunny-shi?” Fei asked as she took out a pen.

“It’s a she actually,” Sunny corrected as the tips of her ears turned red. “H-Her name is Yoona.”

“Oh, alright. Do you want to write anything special in it?” Fei quickly started writing her name and Sunny was amazed by how pretty her writing was and all she did was put down Yoona’s name.

“I was thinking maybe,” she took in a deep breath before exhaling and laughing nervously, “I hope our relationship blooms as beautifully as these flowers?”

Fei’s face froze for a second before she furrowed her eye brows.

Jia was back and snorted when she noticed Fei’s expression, catching Sunny’s desired message.

“Sorry Sunny, but Fei has this problem where her face just can’t hold itself back. I hope it doesn’t seem rude but she’s probably offended by the cheesy nature of your message,” Jia laughed, elbowing her coworker who was glaring daggers into her face.

Sunny couldn’t help but laugh along with her, “No, it’s fine I totally understand. Besides, I think it’s good to be honest, especially in such a unique way.”

Fei’s face scrunched up as she tried to figure out if that was a compliment or not and Victoria’s head popped up from behind the door of their indoor garden.

“Jia dear come back here and Sunny-shi what colours would you like? Warm colours full of the heat of your erratically beating heart or maybe cool colours to represent your maybe shy but protective and expectant heart that desires only the love and acceptance of Yoona?” Victoria was practically having her own little monologue with the flowers around her and Sunny was staring at her, unsure if she could get any more red.

“Victoria if you don’t slow down now I think we’ll lose another customer,” Jia said as she shook her head.

“Is there any way to mix the colours?” Sunny asked, walking a little closer to the slightly hidden garden. She was curious to see the different kinds of flowers. From afar she could only see the huge array of colours and the scent of the fresh flowers filled her nose, causing the butterflies in her stomach to stir again.

She just wanted to come in, get a recommended bouquet then leave but now it’s become such a big deal. She smiled to herself as Victoria nodded to her request and Jia fetched all the flowers Victoria asked for. Maybe the episode at this flower shop was a sign that today would be a bigger day than she expected.

Fei finished the card and showed it to Sunny for her approval. The small girl nodded enthusiastically wondering if maybe the girl was actually a type writer with the precision and beauty of her characters.

“Oy, Sunny-ah! Vic chose yellow, orange and blue. Is that okay?” Jia yelled from the door. But she lowered her voice a bit when she noticed how close Sunny was to her. “Sorry Sunny, you’re gonna have to step back a bit. This place is off limits to customers.”

In a flash, Victoria appeared with a simple yet beautiful arrangement of flowers. She guessed that Sunny was probably just a student and couldn’t afford anything too extravagant. Plus, sometimes simplicity is best.

“Because you’re so cute, I’ll give you this bouquet for 15 thousand won only,” Victoria said as she trimmed the stems and added a few more smaller plants. She handed it over to Jia to wrap and happily accepted the money that Sunny readily handed to her.

“Thank you so much,” Sunny said as she bowed, “I don’t exactly have the biggest budget.”

“How old are you if you don’t mind my asking?” Victoria threw out there as she watched Jia complete the bouquet’s packaging.

“18,” Sunny answered promptly with a nod, “I know I probably don’t look it.” She noticed Victoria and Fei’s slightly dropped jaws.

“Oh, are you not working yet?” Victoria asked with a frown.

“I was thinking of looking for a job now that it’s summer,” Sunny replied with a small smile.

“You could work here with us,” Victoria offered, grabbing Sunny’s hands and pulling them close to her, “I really like your aura.”

Before the manager could say more, Jia handed the bouquet to Sunny with a wide smile.

“I hope your girl likes these,” she commented with a smirk, “Vic unnie may be a little strange but she has the best judgment when it comes to these things.”

Fei nudged Jia immediately for kind of insulting their manager. The two had only started working there about a month ago but Jia had already been making such rude comments.

Victoria just stuck her tongue out at her precious co-worker.

“So what do you think Sunny? It really is just the three of us working here since my usual workers left me alone about a month or so ago for their summer break,” she said with a soft sigh. She really did miss her usual working family. “These two are a little strange but I’m sure you’ll get used to them too.” She said rather affectionately, grabbing both women and pulling them close to her.

Jia laughed and let her boss play with her hair while Fei let out a soft sigh, feeling strange that her rather eccentric boss just called her weird.

Sunny giggled, “It would be an honour to work with you all. I’ll bring in a resume tomorrow?”

“Pfft, screw that official business,” Jia declared with a wave of her hand.

“And since when did you have the right to say such things?!” Fei squeaked, glaring at her friend.

“Bring it if you’d like Sunny, but really there’s only one thing we need to do,” Victoria said with a nod of her head, “You’re going to have to ask the flowers for permission tomorrow and see what they say.”

Sunny flinched at the request but did her best to hold back her expression, “Um, okay? So what time should I come by?”

“Around this time should be fine,” Victoria replied with an enthusiastic nod of her head, “We look forward to seeing you again tomorrow! Oh and good luck with your darling, please tell us what she says tomorrow, okay?”

Sunny began backing out, catching the time at the corner of her eyes. As lovely as Victoria was, she was rather talkative and she had to get going.

“Alright, thank you so much,” Sunny responded with a 50 degree bow, “I’ll see you all again soon.”

The three women waved as Sunny made her way to her bike with the bouquet in her hand.

“She’s so cute!” Victoria squeaked as she watched Sunny leave her sight of vision. “I can’t wait until she starts working with us.”

“Qian are you sure hiring this girl is a good idea?” Fei wondered as Victoria once again wrapped her arms around their shoulders. She was wearing heels and so it made it easier for her to play around with her younger employees. “We just met her.”

“I trust in my judgment,” Victoria declared with a firm nod, “Besides, did you not hear the flowers sing when she stepped into our shop? She seems to have a wonderful connection with nature.”

Jia and Fei shared a knowing look. They may have agreed time and time again that Victoria was rather strange, but she was right about almost everything. Almost annoyingly so.

“Whatever you say, boss,” Jia laughed turning to return to her work table to clean the leftover mess. “You trusted us enough to hire foreigners after only one interview.”

“Aww, of course I did! You two looked so cute begging me for a job,” Victoria chuckled before petting the girls on their head. She was about to retell to everyone (Fei and Jia) about their first meeting but Fei placed a hand on and silently asked her to not recall the embarrassing memory.

Maybe another time.

A/N: I hope to have the next part up reaaaally soon. I really wanted Sunny and Yoona to meet in your next chapter but the flower shop ended up being longer than I expected. I had too much fun with the trio hehe. I promise the long awaited proper meeting will be soon~