Of Mighty Swords and Jealous Hearts

Do Kyungsoo's High School Adventures

 

Author Note: I did use a few songs to write the beginning parts to get myself into the mood to write it. So if you want the songs... Oh god please don't want the songs its a bit embarrassing the odd stuff that I found orz


 

 

It's been a few weeks since the first day and everyone has found a new reason to live.

 

Alluring legs move down the hallway as fitted slacks squeeze succulent thighs, a blazer in a dark shade of blue presses against a slim waist and accentuates feminine-esque curves. Silky black hair capers along the moonlit tone of smooth skin. Dainty hands hug books to the clothed chest of the boy with captivating orbs as hips sway in a sensual dance, capturing the attention of different individuals with one commonality; the desire of wanting one stunning creature.


 

“K-Kyungsoo-ah…” A cackling and cracking voice calls out into the hallway. The lights suddenly start to flicker and all movement ceases. The shadows bubble and boil only to splatter against the floor, droplets soon take the form of a woman’s body except, the flesh is slower than everything else. It crawls over muscle tissues and nerves to cover up what’s already been exposed. Joints and bones snap into place as the beast takes a stance, her unblinking eyes focusing on her prey- Kyungsoo.

 

Said boy watches in trepidation at the monster that has transformed into the illusion of a young girl. She steps towards Kyungsoo. Each time her foot leaves the floor, a black residue is left in its place. Kyungsoo is paralyzed in absolute fear at the unknown, too afraid to take his eyes off her.

 

What happened to the people around him? Were they not going to save him? No. They’ve vanished in a selfish act of self preservation, not at all worried about the boy who they swore their innermost desires to.

 

The demon girl takes her final step, her hands slowly rise in the last stage of her sadistic act. In them, a box appears. A twisted smile forms onto her ghostly face and her lips part. A painful screech is drawn from her in the form of broken human words.

 

“W-Will you b-be my… my boyfriend?”


 

Kyungsoo’s pushed behind the body of man whose silver armour gleams like the eyes of noblemen, his sword mightier than any pen. As fire scorches the air, the man’s shield rises to let heaven’s light bless it’s surface that was forged from a tree in the garden of Eden. Who is this brave warrior? This keeper of light?

 

Sweat drips from his furrowed brow, the taming of this beast proven to be a hefty task even for such a soldier. The blade of his righteous sword sends promises of defeat into the monster’s scales of sin. His swiftness is of promising feat for each swipe of her claw lands on silence until that is, it pulls a booming cry from the knight. His arm is sliced and he drops his shield to touch the gift of his enemy. He tightens his grip on his blade, ready to stab the beast’s heart but he soon stops.

 

Has he forgotten the gift the god’s have given him? It was said to be sharper than any sword, deadlier than any weapon. He let’s his sword drop to the ground alongside his shield and he straightens his shoulders and bares his chest for any assault, but none as great as he’s preparing for her. The warrior from the land of Byun parts his thin lips and unleashes the immense power from his silver tongue.

 

“Harpie! Slanderer of thy mother’s womb! Thy talk greasily, foul-mouthed shrewd! Unhand the purest of flowers from thy venomous heart! Thou see the fires of hell from which thy lay but alas! Tis a humble creature as white as snow but methinks not as cold to douse thy sinful desires! Poisonous lady, thy falleth and crack the belt ‘round your swollen waist. Hungry for a child’s innocence. Beastly woman! Begone! Disappear and blacken thy name for he doth loves thee not!”


 

The beast lowers her claws to her sides and the wind picks up, swirling around her figure that changes as the trees change its leaves. Black scales fall as if it’s autumn and her body that of mother nature. They dissolve into shimmering orbs of yellow light and dance around her new peach kissed skin.  The only black that remains is long silky strands of raven feathered hair, laying on her shoulders that are weighed down from troublesome worries and unrecognizable self insecurities. Her eyes glow with a presence of newly hatched grief, as fragile as a monarch’s wing and the hazel hue rolls it’s darkened tides from the storm inside, trying to drown the pain that’s so clearly visible on her face but it easily floats to the surface with quivering pink lips and rosy cheeks. Silence cannot be held forever and so she unleashes these earthly emotions of heart clenching defeat.

 

First, she cries. Tears roll off long lashes and run down her flushed face. Wrinkles form on her brow and snippets of mourning songs flow like a river from her swollen lips.

 

Then, her soul weeps. The blackness from outside was shed but now a smokey grey clouds her thoughts as curses and pleas resound from her heart.

 

Lastly, the sky wails. It’s sobs blow around the trees and knock down chimneys. It barrels through the open and droplets of pity splash against what’s left of the ground as it opens up.

 

The Earth cracks and creaks but calls out to the girl, ‘come home, come home. No sorrow for you here, come home.’ and she complies, and flies to the opening where she’s into the calmness of the ground and it closes up behind her.

 

Soil erodes, grass grows, we go on and give our condolences but not without remembering a very important lesson…

 

“Nobody s with Byun Baekhyun!”

 

Okay so maybe that wasn’t the real story.

 

“Baekhyun Hyung, don’t you think that was a bit… harsh?”

 

“What was harsh? Asking you to be her boyfriend when she doesn’t even know you?”

 

“No, calling her poisonous and a beastly woman.”

 

So, just part of it was true.

 

“She tried to devour your soul! I was protecting your innocence. You’re lucky that Luhan Hyung wasn’t here instead-”

 

“Kyungie!”

 

“...Spoke too soon.”

 

Luhan bounds up to the two boys in the empty hall and embraces the cuter of the two, as he so likes to remind them.

 

“School’s over why are you still here?” He gasps and a cheshire grin appears. “I get it. You want to join Cross Country with me, huh. Well sorry to disappoint but I’m more of a snowboarder than a skier.”

 

“It was another succubus ready to gouge out his soul and if anything, he’d join The Odyssey with me.”

 

Luhan scoffs and rolls his eyes at that comment. The Odyssey was their school newspaper and though Baekhyun finally got the courage to join it this year, nobody even read it and they both knew it.

 

“What’s The Odyssey?” Of course Kyungsoo didn’t.

 

“A boring paper that Baek thinks he can save from the depth of… what’d you call it again? A pitiful end?” Chanyeol appears beside Baekhyun and hooks his arm around the shorter’s shoulder only to be hit in the chest by his mighty fist. “Ow! What was that for!”

 

“For! For… being taller than me!” He retorts uncertainly but just goes with it, finding that there’s no real reason why he hits Chanyeol, it’s just second nature or a reflex when the babbling idiot’s around.

 

Chanyeol grumbles and stomps over to Kyungsoo, stealing him away from Luhan who happens to be rubbing his cheek against the other’s.

 

“Hey, Park! He’s mine!” Luhan bellows out and glares at the giant.

 

“Well I need Bambi to heal my wound!’

 

“Why do you keep calling me Bambi? I’m not a baby deer whose mom gets strapped to the hood of a truck, you know.”

 

“Well if I’m the elf, should I call you my hobbit?” A toothy grin finds it’s way onto the elf’s face the same time a blush finds the hobbit’s.

 

“U-Um… S-So, our chemistry assignment… I still need help memorizing after Krypton…” Kyungsoo fiddles around in Chanyeol’s arms, too embarrassed to look up at him. He jumps in surprise when he feels the all too familiar hand on his backside, giving it a few pats.

 

“It’s okay Kyungsoo. Our teacher’s a witch. I heard she’s got a bet going on with Ms. Kwon to see how many of their students can memorize useless stuff.” He chuckles but still doesn’t let the small boy go.

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows furrow at the statement. Ms. Kwon… wasn’t that his math teacher? The very same teacher who was making the class memorize a bunch of math formulas- which he found out were for trigonometry.

 

“How far are you Chanyeol Hyung?”

 

Said boy let’s out a nervous chuckle and scratches the back of his head a bit embarrassed.

 

“Helium?”

 

Kyungsoo whips his head up and stares at the elf in bewilderment. Helium? That’s the second one on the table!

 

“Cut the crap, Chanyeol. Everyone knows you’re a science wiz.”

 

That wasn’t Baekhyun or Luhan’s voice. Doe eyes blink and look around for the source of such a deep and serious sound.

 

Walking up to them is the twin tower of the lump who won’t let go of Kyungsoo’s small frame and Kyungsoo’s not even sure if he wants Chanyeol to let him go now. His legs turn wobbly and his face flushes; this is the first time he’s heard Kris talk since he’s been here.

 

“K-Kris Hyung!? Did you… did you just speak?”

 

Kris loses his cool when round eyes focus on him, his palms get sweaty and his body turns jittery. Crap.

 

To regain his cool he clears his throat and looks away, giving his signature cold gaze to some poor flowers outside. They miraculously wilt at the same time, how odd.

 

Laughter breaks the tension and Luhan prods the scarier giant in the gut while Kyungsoo’s still as lost as ever. Kyungsoo decides to shake it off- along with Chanyeol- and goes back to confronting Baekhyun.

 

He clears his throat to get everyone’s attention and takes cautious steps up to the man only to hesitate for a moment at an odd thought. Why’d I just imagine him in armour while holding a sword?

 

“Ahem, Baek-Baekhyun… Hyung. I- Well, you see, you- mm… more of me, I guess-”

“Baby, if you’re going to ask me out. We’re already dating.”

 

“Shut the hell up, Byun! Everyone know’s he’s mine and Baozi’s! We already made a deal!” Luhan yells from the background but quiets down at Kyungsoo’s glare, or pleading look, for him to shut up.

 

As Kyungsoo keeps trying to talk, his face turns redder and redder and he’s getting more nervous just looking at the eye-lined boy.

 

“I think that you, well you, the way that that girl, I don’t think that you should have, not that I’m not grateful in a way, but you are a bit-”

 

“Spit it out, Kyung!”

 

“Don’t involve yourself in my affairs!”

 

The halls turn silent almost as if there were never five boys just standing around and loitering. A few minutes go by until a soft chuckle is heard which then turns into a boisterous laugh. Kyungsoo’s a bit more than offended. Why was Baekhyun laughing at him? He takes this moment to keep talking and hopefully get the other boy to listen.

 

“I-It wasn’t only her! It’s with everyone that comes to me when you’re around! Just yesterday a guy came up to me to ask for the notes he missed in class and you chased him away!”

 

Baekhyun stops laughing. A piercing gaze captures the doe’s eyes and he quickly presses his lips together.

 

“Is that the way you thank me? You were scared less and I saved you. So, you’re welcome. Oh, and next time you talk to me in that tone,” The fierce boy steps toe to toe with the younger. “I’ll have to punish you.”

 

With his chin held high and his shoulders square, the eyeliner prince takes long strides down the halls and out the backdoor; his home close enough so he manages to walk back to it when the day ends. Kyungsoo just stands there stunned but moves his eyes upward when he notices a figure standing beside him.

 

“Ch-Chanyeol Hyung?”

 

“It’s okay, Bambi. Baek was just trying to help and hearing you say those things, well, it kind of hurt. He’s a bit stubborn so just give him some time to cool down.”

 

“How… How do you know so much about him? How can you tell he’s not just playing around.”

 

Chanyeol gives a soft smile and ruffles the younger’s hair. They both know that Baekhyun wasn’t flirting like usual. It was intended as some sort of threat.

 

“He’s my best friend. Come on, let’s get you home. I can help you learn the rest of the table for the pop quiz tomorrow.”

 

“There’s a pop quiz!?”

 

Chanyeol leads Kyungsoo out the school with Luhan hot on their tails. He’s dragging along Kris who protests at the oldests’ behavior.

 

“Wait for me! Oh, and Kris!”


 

●●●


 

Small grumbles in the form of protests fall on deaf ears. Padded feet stomp onto paved side streets too narrow for any sane driver to lead their metal stallions through. Clenched fists are thrown into the pockets of dark slacks until one escapes and defies its owner’s mind by ruffling the hair that lays on top of his head. Baekhyun’s too riled up by what just happened to care about the footsteps that’ve been following him since he passed the lingerie shop a few streets down.

 

“Hey, You!”

 

A hand latches onto Baekhyun’s shoulder and pulls him backwards. He tenses up and pushes himself away from the stranger. He eyes the guy up and down cautiously. This was a strange mugging. Why call for the person you’re stealing from to turn around- they’d see your face. And Baekhyun’s seen enough of this person’s face to realize this guy is too good looking to mug someone.

 

Black hair is carefully swept to the side while a black beanie is placed onto his head, it’s only design a black ‘S’ outlined in white. The hand Baekhyun assumes grabbed him is styled with a nice silver watch. The shirt’s sleeves are black along with his jeans- is this the only color the guy likes?- but the rest of his shirt is a mix between greys and whites with splotches of orange. He’s not wearing a jacket and Baek wonders if the guy’s stupid or used to the cold though his frustration from before makes him believe the former.

 

“What do you want?” Way to sound welcoming.

 

“You have the same uniform as one of my friends! I’m guessing I’m too late to see them at your school and I don’t really know the way to his house so,” The unwatched hand digs inside the right jean pocket and fishes out a folded up piece of paper. The guy’s hands unfold it and hold it out for Baekhyun to see. “Do you know where this place is?”

 

Baekhyun takes the paper and a deep breath, he doesn’t mean to sound so rude to the guy and uses this opportunity to cancel out the bad karma that’s likely to ensue if he keeps acting like a rude-growing codpiece.

 

“I’ll take you there, it’s not too far from where I live. Just a couple blocks away.” Baekhyun answers back and carries on to his house, with an extra stop. The guy hurries to follow him and relaxes when they’ve fallen into step with each other. The wind picks up and both their bodies tense. “You cold?”

 

“A little. I got so excited I forgot my sweater on the subway.” He chuckles and rubs his hands together, nodding in agreement when Baekhyun states they should probably pick up the pace.


 

●●●


 

Baekhyun shrugs off his blazer and hangs it up in his closet then takes out his phone once he feels it vibrate in his pocket. He unlocks the screen and purses his lips while deciding if he wants to answer to Chanyeol.

 

“Stupid Giant. Should stick up for your best friend.” He mumbles in half hearted disdain. Baek know’s that if he were in Chanyeol’s shoes, he would’ve stuck to Kyungsoo too.

 

He checks the message again and decides it’s best to answer.

 

image?w=465&h=770&rev=1555&ac=1

 

Baekhyun sets down his phone on his bedside table. His uniform is folded neatly and set on the end of his bed. During his chat with Chanyeol he changed into some sweat pants and a star wars t-shirt with Japanese characters all over. He trudges to the kitchen and takes out a tub of ice cream, still hurt from his Kyungsoo’s words. I was just trying to help…

 

“K-drama marathon. 200 pound beauty, The Way Home, Baby and Me, Windstruck and Old Boy. Let’s let out these bad boys.” Baekhyun sniffles and starts the movies while spooning mounds of ice cream into his mouth.


 

●●●


 

“Hey!”

 

Kyungsoo swats away Chanyeol’s big head from his ice cream cone. The older had treated him after they 'lost' Luhan. The kind gesture got the giant a smile and a chance to steal some of the shorter’s strawberry ice cream.

 

“It’s not my fault it looked so good I had to try it!”

 

“More like yours melted when you were texting so now you want to take what doesn’t belong to you.” The tone is teasing and Kyungsoo’s only half serious, Chanyeol did pay for it. “Who were you messaging anyways?”

 

“Baek.” He answers back casually while slyly slipping his arm around the cutie’s waist. Kyungsoo doesn’t protest until the elf uses it as a distraction to steal the ice cream from him. He’s about to yell at him to have some manners when he hears his name being called out.

 

Kyungsoo knows this voice.

 

“Soo!”

 

He knows it all too well because his eyes start to water and his body shakes. The boy  desperately pushes himself away from Chanyeol so he can look for the person with that voice. His eyes dart everywhere and they’re moving so fast his brain almost doesn’t register that he’s in front of his own house and the person he’s been dying to see is sitting on the front step like he’s been waiting for him.

 

“H-Hyunsik…”

 

Ice cream and Chanyeol long forgotten, Kyungsoo bolts into the arms of his best friend, staining the other boy’s shirt with his salty tears.

 

“I’ve missed you, I’ve missed you…” Kyungsoo chants it almost as if if he dares to stop, the other will think he’s lying.

 

“Not enough to fulfill your promise. I’ve barely been getting your calls and since we’ve got a long weekend I decided to come down and visit you.” Hyunsik lifts up Kyungsoo’s head and wipes away the falling tears, giving the boy a gentle smile. “I came to your home first, stuffs in your room. I wanted to wait in front of your school until you got out like the cool guys in the movies but I was too late and got lost instead.” He chuckles, “I ended up meeting someone from your school and they live close so they offered to bring me back to your house. A bit moody so I gave him some space.”

 

A shrug and another hug are given until he finally pays attention to the tall guy that Kyungsoo brought with him. He opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted by the same guy, a glare on the strangers face.

 

“Who’s he, Bambi.”

 

Kyungsoo turns around and smiles at Chanyeol. The hardened stare falters slightly at the sight but quickly strengthens when Chanyeol remembers how close they looked. Kyungsoo pushed him away and ran into the arms of another man. Are they dating?

 

“This is Hyunsik, my-”


“His everything. Who’re you.”