First Day Impressions: Part 2

Do Kyungsoo's High School Adventures

 

 

Finally. After the horrendous lunchtime escapade-which Kyungsoo managed to slip away from and eat a hasty meal in peace- it’s time for the one class that Do Kyungsoo has been waiting for since he woke up. That’s right- choir.

 

In fact, at the end of the school year last year, he auditioned for the top and most prestigious choir his old school had to offer- Chambers. He was even going to be in it with Hyunsik! But alas, the turn of events that lead him to this particular school changed that. At least he was in this schools honors choir, it wasn’t Chambers but it’d have to do.


 

Kyungsoo practically bounces to the music rooms and doesn’t notice the ogling gazes from the people he passes. He’s too excited and practically loses himself when he takes that first step through the doors to what’s supposed to be his newfound heaven until he sees, standing on the other side of the room, chatting away with another boy that has black hair and a strong complexion, is that stranger from the convenience store, the lunch table and now what’s supposed to be his haven. Please Umma, if you can hear my prayers, don’t let us sit next to each other!

 

The innocent little bundle of nerves is internally crying and praying, not noticing the new glances that his new peers are taking- especially a couple of mischievous boys. He’s broken from his chants by the sound of throat clearing and looks to the door leading into what he believes to be a music office because in that doorway, there’s a man that holds kindness but also authority. Kyungsoo quickly takes a random seat along with everyone else and gives the man all his attention like the good little school boy he is.

 

“Good Afternoon my lovely students,” The man smiles with such warmth that little Kyungsoo’s cheeks bloom like the first day of spring. “I’m the new music teacher here and as you know, this is the first year of Honors Choir. Now, I know some people are wondering why not just stick you into the regular choir classes but the thing is, none of you are regular choir students. You’re not here because you have the best voices in the school but it’s because you have the best attitude when it comes to music. During the auditions and from recommendations from your past teacher, I was able to see who would come here with the intent to learn and just to make beautiful music! First things first, I’m not your teacher, I’m your mentor so you all can call me-”

 

“Can we call you Oppa!” A girl interrupts and a boom of giggles erupts.

 

“Hyung! Hyung!”

 

“T-Teacher..” A dainty hand nervously raises while their owner’s cheeks flush from the attention he’s gained from the other students. “You haven’t told us your name yet..Sir..”

 

The new choir teacher grins. “Mm.. I remember you, Do Kyungsoo. You’re new like me, right?” He gets a nod in reply. “You can call me Ryeowook Hyung.”


 

During the class they get their seating arrangement and did vocal warm-ups after playing name games with each other. The teams were Ryeowook and Kyungsoo versus all the other students since they all knew each other fairly well. Two certain boys in the class were amazed at the small boy in this new state of his.

 

Baekhyun would constantly grip onto his friend, Jongdae’s arm every time the little ball of fluff would smile, laugh, open his mouth or even blink- not that the chiseled friend minded seeing as he was too distracted with eating up the sight of Kyungsoo to notice his arm bruising. It wasn’t until after class did he look down at his arm and stare bewildered at the red fingerprints etched into his skin. Soon he forgot about the problem though as he was able to witness a certain mop of black silky hair bounce off to his next class. Cute.


 

●●●


 

“Why!?”

 

“I told you it’s not up for discussion, Oh Sehun. You’re sitting up front so you don’t miss my class again this year from all that sleeping.”

 

“I got all A’s my classes last year!”

 

“Front seat, third row.”

 

“It’s too dusty up front! I refuse to sit over here or else I’ll have an asthma attack.”

 

“Wha-?! Oh Sehun, I’ll call your parents!”

 

“I’m farsighted!”

 

“All the more reason for you to sit up front. Now stop complaining and let me deal with the other students!”

 

The frustrated boy crosses his arms as his teacher turns to give everyone else a smile- That smile isn’t fooling anyone, Satan-nim- and welcome them to Pre-Calculus. The monotone look smeared on his face doesn’t last long as a certain big eyed cutie pops his head inside of the room. Sehun anxiously waits in his spot, not wanting to move in case that blood mutant that’s his math teacher thinks she’s won. His stubbornness doesn’t stop him from stabbing her with his glare as she bounds over to the angel from his study hall. He strains his ears to listen to what she says and is caught off guard from her next few words.

 

“Front seat, second row.”

 

Once she’s done speaking to Kyungsoo she turns around to yell at the plain faced brat but is surprised to see him sitting in his respectable seat. Her eye twitches as she witnesses him fix his hair and breath into his hand to make sure his breath doesn’t smell. The adorable fluff of sugary sweetness walks over and smiles at that snot-nosed punk who in turn smiles back- which catches her off guard since she’s never seen him smile at all. This year, is going to be weird…


 

“Hyung! Looks like we’ll be sitting next to each other this year.” Sehun grins and carefully tilts his head slightly to the right while placing his chin on top of a closed fist. Cool. Suave. y.

 

“Mm, we are!” Kyungsoo reaches over and ruffles Sehun’s hair. “Ah, so cute!”

 

The tall and slim boy’s pride is deflated but his heart’s still hammering away inside of his chest. He smooths out his shirt to distract himself from the possible jailbreak that jittery organ behind his ribcage is trying to do.

 

“Oh Sehun. Do Kyungsoo. Class has started, don’t make me change your seats.”

 

Sehun automatically faces forward, props his hands on the desk and straightens up his back. He then calls out a ‘Yes, Ms. Kwon’ as if he’s always been an obedient child. The sadistic lady’s eyes glint with the hidden evil inside of her and her lips curl into a cruel smile.

 

Finally, a way to claim victory.



 

After class ends the two boys trek out from the class. The shorter of the two is animatedly talking to the other who in turn, tries to keep his stoic expression.

 

“I don’t get why she kept asking you all the questions but you got them all right! Wah, Sehunnie, you have to help me in math. It’s only the first day and I’m already confused!”

 

“Of course Hyung, we can have our own… study sessions. Why not come over to my house after school? We’ll have the house all to ourselves since my parents will be at work until six.”

 

A slow grin makes it’s way onto his face.

 

“Ah, I can’t. I have to get home and finish unpacking. Maybe next week? I think me and my Umma’ll be done by then.”

 

And it’s deflated along with his pride.

 

A heart shaped smile and sparkling eyes clears off the forced stoic from a certain tall boy’s face as he grins wholeheartedly- earning a few gasps from passerby’s.

 

“Oh! What class do you have next, Hyung?”

 

Kyungsoo carefully takes the folded up paper with his days information on it.

 

“Gym!” He chirps absentmindedly. It takes a moment for him to register what he just said and when he does, his lips form into a pout that’s supposed to be a frown. “Do you think I can switch this for another art class?”

 

“No, all gym classes are mandatory. Besides,” Sehun leans in close to the shorter’s ear, ghosting his breath along the shell. “Why change it when you’ll have it with me?”


 

●●●


 

Screeches and hollers of protest echo throughout the metal filled prisons of the locker rooms. The girls are almost in tears while the boys throw their new gym shorts- if they could be called that- to the floor. The demands of explanations and sheer chaos don’t go unanswered as Ms. Kwon kicks in the door of the guys changing area.

 

“What seems to be the problem here?!” She bellows out. Her presence keeps the boys frozen since, well, when could female teachers enter the boys locker room?!

 

“Sungsaeng-nim! What are these!”

 

“I refuse to wear this!”

 

“Is this underwear!?”

 

“What happened to our uniforms from last year?!”

 

Cries erupted into the thick and tense air. The devilish woman’s eye twitches and she yells at everyone to quiet down. She holds up a pair of the new uniforms for the boys. It consists of royal blue shorts with two white stripes down the sides, mid thigh in length and a plain white shirt with royal blue trim.

 

“You got new uniforms since the board decided to have you all dressed alike to not cause any distractions with what you’re wearing because SOME of you, seem to take this as a sort of runway for fashion.”

 

The door opens with Sehun and Kyungsoo entering. The doe boy’s orbs double in size at seeing the teacher- who’s a GIRL- in the boys changing room. Sehun sputters a bit when he notices the metal whistle draped around her neck.

 

“W-Why are you here?! You’re a math teacher!” Sehun yells, not minding that his suave image may be ruined by this encounter as he stares incredulously at his sworn nemesis.

 

“The school took a few budget cuts. Oh, by the way Oh,” Satan’s Mistress releases her putrid grin while handing over the set of clothes she had in her hands. “These are yours. Get changed or you’ll lose points for the day. And Kyungsoo,” Suddenly her eyes turn bright and sweet. “These are for you!” She picks up another set and gently places them in his hands.

 

“But how did you know my size?”

 

“Aww just count on Noona!”

 

Sehun can’t help but think she bares a striking resemblance to someone he knows with that inner evil and outer beauty- though by this point she’s as ugly inside as she is out to him. Ms. Kwon coos over Kyungsoo for a good five minutes then leaves to tend to the girls in their own little crisis. As soon as she leaves her new victim, Kyungsoo takes the moment to inspect the uniform he’s given. He’s never had a gym uniform and realizes that it’s a terrible idea. A horrible idea. One that should’ve been shot to hell along with its mistress.

 

“Kyungie!”

 

Oh dear god, please help me.


 

It took a lot of persuading- and begging- to get Luhan to let him change by himself. At one point he had to run to the safety of the bathroom stalls to get away from those wandering hands. Though he was quickly deceived by Xiumin who he thought was there to help him. When he finally was able to put on his clothes and head into the gym, he has to say that it was kind of funny to see everyone in their new attire. He still felt embarrassed to show off his pale legs to everyone but nobody seemed to notice- more for the reason that they couldn’t stop staring, especially Baekhyun who ended up rubbing his hands along the smooth expanse of Kyungsoo’s milky thighs while whispering sinful promises into the younger’s ear. He was able to escape from the help of a boy named Yixing. Kyungsoo was able to have a good conversation with the dimpled boy but too quickly was he snatched away by possessive hands belonging to none other than Kim Jongin. Jongin ended up being yelled at by Tao for handling his baby roughly though Kyungsoo couldn’t for the life of him figure out who Tao’s baby was. The best part for the petite wide-eyed cutie was seeing Jongdae- who introduced himself with a dramatic bow- tease Chanyeol about the way his boxers popped out from under his shorts. It made Kyungsoo and the rest of the boys laugh from seeing those two tease each other and it got even better with Baekhyun’s side remarks. The saddest part was that because of Sehun’s asthma, Ms. Kwon wouldn’t let him leave her side and with the ruckus from the other boys, Kyungsoo couldn’t talk to his dongsaeng and cheer him up. The taller looked mopey and upset and Kyungsoo could only think of ways to make it up to the poor boy. He didn’t know that Sehun loves gym so much that he’d shout at his friends to shut up.


 

When they’re done changing out of their gym clothes, everyone’s free to go home. The locker rooms empty with the exception of nine boys huddling around a certain milky white angel, all asking to walk him home. Kyungsoo’s about to answer that he’s fine- especially since Xiumin and Luhan are practically biting their heads off- when his phone jingles in his pocket. He fishes it out of his slacks and when he reads the name of the caller, his heart warms up and he smiles brighter than he has all week.

 

“Hyunsik!”

 

Nine eyes glow green.

 


Greetings Middle Earth!

I just wanted to welcome new subscribers and thank you guys for waiting so long for an update. I promised to try and update as fast as I can but this past week has been very hectic. It's close to break for me so I'm just trying to wrap my head around everything I have to do! Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope you enjoy! Also, I'm looking for someone to do a poster for this, just to give it some pazazz. If you have any recommendations of people that I can check out, that'd be greatly appreciated!