Fin

This Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with an awful headache. I sat up and examined where I am. Looking around, I saw that I'm in our family's house. In the living room, to be exact. I lay down again on the couch thinking about what happened last night.

I came home with all my stuff I got from Aeri's apartment, and was greeted by my brother, Taewoon. I wasn't planning on telling him but he was really curious, so I still ended up narrating the whole story accompanied with shots of soju. He kept on convincing me to apologize to Aeri because apparently, for my know-it-all hyung, I was the wrong one. I shouldn't have leashed out all my anger and let her, as well as my friends, explain. But they all know me. I don't like people lying to me. Actually, I hate it. I also hate it when they played with my feelings. I suffered a lot because of them. However, I couldn't deny to my brother my feelings for Aeri. I still feel deep inside my heart that I love her. I just need time to let my anger disappear.

The night went like that until I did not realize that I already fell asleep on the couch. I still feel dizzy because of all the alcohol I drank. Now, I remember those times that Aeri would take care of me during days like this. I miss her already.

Maybe, I was actually wrong for what I have done.

"Hey. You awake?" I look up at the person who came near me.

"Yeah." I lazily answered.

"I guess you're having a headache." Taewoon hyung smirked at me. I just rolled my eyes. "But I think you need to hurry up or you'll be late for a meeting."

"Meeting? What meeting?" I said, thinking about my schedule.

"Well... A girl named Sohee, as your phone says, just called. I answered it and she told me that you are supposed to be at Takeout Drawing at 9 to meet her and...Aeri."

I quickly stood up remembering that we are going to work on a class project. This is a major one so I should not slack off if I want to graduate on time.

"Actually, it's already 8:57 so you better get going." Taewoon hyung told me.

I glanced at the wall clock and panicked realizing that my brother is not joking. I rushed to wash my face, get my phone, wallet, and car key before opening the door to leave. Taewoon hyung held my shoulder causing me to stop my tracks. I turned around to face him.

"I hope you did not forget what I told you last night. You and Aeri might have to talk about it, and I just don't want my little brother to regret in the end. Please think about it." He patted my shoulder for the last time before I left.

 

Like what he said, that was the only thing running in my mind while driving. I'm getting nervous while getting near the cafe. I don't know how will I face Aeri. I glanced at my phone looking at the time. 9:28.

After a few minutes on the road, I encountered a horrible traffic jam making me change my route to a farther one. I tried my best to get there as soon as possible, and when I was about to park my car nearby, I saw her running to the direction of the cafe. Maybe, she is also late like me?

I felt my heart beating faster as I followed her. I still don't know how to approach her though. She stopped in front of the cafe, and I heard her sigh. Is she as nervous as me?

I did not think twice. So before she even take a step inside, I called her name.

"Aeri."

She just froze without turning around to look at me so I called her for the second time.

"Aeri."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter