Breaking

This Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was about to kiss Aeri when her phone started ringing. Damn phone! Damn that person who's calling!

Wait... what am I thinking? She is already taken. She's dating my friend. One of my closest friends!

I quickly pulled away and made sure my towel is not falling off. I looked at Aeri and she's just staring at me. With this awkwardness, I faked a cough. "I-I'm sorry."

She opened , about to say something but I immediately cut her off.

"I think that person needs to talk to you." I said to change the subject, pointing towards her phone.

"Oh...yeah, yeah." She picked it up, but I was able to glance at the screen. Kyung? My friend, Kyung? Why is he calling her?!

I badly wanted to know what's the matter between them but she walked away from me before answering her phone. Defeated, I just decided to go inside her room and put on some clothes. I walked out and slumped on the couch, noticing that Aeri and Kyung are still talking over the phone. What are these two up to? I focused on the show being aired on the television, and after a few minutes, I felt someone sitting beside me. I turned to look at my best friend.

Not wanting to look like I know who she was talking with on the phone, I asked. "Who was that?"

"Uhmm... it's...my mom! Yeah. She's asking when will I visit her."

Lie. When did Kyung become your mom?

However, I tried to act like I did not know anything. "Oh, right! We should visit your parents. I haven't seen them for ages! I miss them."

"Yeah, we should." She smiled.

"I think your mom misses me a lot! Then, let's bring her flowers and lots of food! She loves those, right? And then..." I paused, realizing something. "Maybe, you can bring Jihoon as well to introduce him to your parents."

"Jihoon?" She knitted her eyebrows.

"Uhm...yeah? Because he's your...boyfriend?" That last word was really hard for me to say.

Oh!" She chuckled. A fake chuckle, let me say. "Right, right!"

Something is really going on that I didn't know. And I need to find what it is as soon as possible.

Ae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter