Him

This Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes shine like the stars in the night sky. Her cute little nose complements her natural rosy cheeks. Her lips that always curve into bright smiles are irresistible. And her long wavy hair, that I think is just perfect despite all her complaints to tame it down, makes her more beautiful. I can't help but to watch her every move, and give her a smile whenever our eyes meet. I'm completely mesmerized.

"Oppa, oppa!"

I felt someone tugged my shirt. I looked beside me and saw Hwayoung pouting in discomfort.

"Why?" I asked her.

"I want to go home already. This club is not really my style. If you want to stay, I'll just go by myself and take the public bus." She continued pouting.

I sighed. "Okay. I'll send you home." I stood up and waited for her.

Her facial expression changed quickly and she happily linked her arm with mine.

"Leaving so early?" Jaehyo hyung asked me before he took a vodka shot.

"Don't mind them. They'll probably be doing something else... You know, what couples do~" Aeri, my best friend, told Jaehyo hyung before winking at me. "Have fun!" She cheered as she raised a glass of rhum.

"I'm just taking her home." I explained. "I'll be back. Wait for me." I told them, but my eyes are focused on Aeri.

It hurts me how she just handles this cooly. It hurts me how she can even tease me with my girlfriend. It hurts me how she sees me only as her best friend and nothing else. It hurts me how I cannot tell her how much I love her.

"Oppa, let's go..." My girlfriend interrupted my thoughts making me look at her.

"Oh, right. Come on." I took one last glance at Aeri before I leave, but she seemed too busy chatting with my friends. I sighed and went outside with my girlfriend following behind.

"Ah~ Oppa, can't you wait for me?"

I just ignored her and went inside my car, sitting on the driver's seat. I watched her sit on the passenger side and started the engine after she closed the door.

"Why do you seem so distant to me?" She complained.

"Am I?" I asked back, not answering her question.

She rolled her eyes. "What's your problem?"

"Nothing. I'm completely fine."

"You should." She told me.

Silence filled the air after that, but moments later, she broke the ice.

"By the way, It will be our anniversary on Saturday!" She said happily. "Do you have plans in mind already?"

I glanced over her smiling face. She seems too excited about it, but I actually forgot that we will be celebrating our one year already.

"Hmm...Don't have anything yet." I simply answered.

"W-What?! Don't tell me you forgot about it?!"

Yeah. Just like that. Get angry with me, and then let's break up. Just the way I like this relationship to end.

"Well... at least I reminded you, right?" She changed her expression again.

Oh no... And so I thought she's going to break up with me already!

"You should make plans now! And, surprise me!" She excitedly suggested. "I can't believe we're together for that long!"

I just nodded.

She continued blabbering about nonsense stuff I'm not interested in so I just nodded when she asked for my opinion. Fortunately, we already arrived in front of her house before she can even tire my ears from all the monologue she was doing.

"We're here." That's all I said, signaling her to go out of the car already.

"Don't you want to go inside first, and maybe have a cup of tea?" She asked me.

"No, I'm fine. Besides, I promised my friends that I will go back."

"But you can always call them or send them a message that you can't..." She acted cutely.

"Hwayoung... It's Minhyuk hyung's birthday celebration. I can't just disappear like that." I explained.

She pursed her lips and nodded. "Okay. Please call me when you get home." She reached for my lips and gave me a short kiss before she left my car and went inside her house.

I drove back to the club while thinking about how I got myself into this complicated situation.

I met Hwayoung through my brother. They are close friends, but she was being anti-social that time because some girls who she treated as friends betrayed her. I was the one to make her go back to normal again, and she eventually revealed her feelings for me. I didn't want to upset her and tell her that I don't feel the same way so I just accepted her...as my girlfriend.

And all this time, it was just pity. It was only pity that's keeping me to stay with her. 

I sighed.

I didn't know it will end up like this. I didn't know I will only suffer. If I only knew...

I parked my car near the club and went inside, excited to see again my best friend. Walking to the table where I left her earlier, I scrunched my eyebrows when I saw only five of my friends there.

"Where's Aeri?" I said while looking around for her.

"Hey! I thought you're with Hwayoung?" Yukwon asked.

"I just sent her home. I told you guys I'll be back, right?"

"Then, take a seat and let's continue the celebration!" Kyung said as he motioned me to sit on the empty chair beside him.

I sat there and took a glass of beer. "Where's Aeri?" I asked Kyung.

"Hmm... Aeri... She went somewhere with Jihoon." He told me.

"What?!" I widened my eyes.

No. It can't be. They shouldn't be together!

I stood up to look for them. I scanned the whole club for Aeri. Thinking about Jihoon and Aeri being together broke my heart. Jihoon really likes her. What if he already confessed to her? What if she accepted it? What if...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter