Smart vs Good Looking

I Don't Wanna be Right

           When the bell school rang 3 times, it means the school has ended. Aom walked toward Tina that still on her seat.

            “C’mon, Tina,” said Aom.

            Tina took a glance to Aom, but ignored her. Mike also realized Aom presence. He looked at Aom from top to toe.

            “Hello, pretty,” said Mike, tried to draw Aom attention. “why you must wasting your time with Tina? No matter how hard you try to teach her, it’ll be waste. She hates study, you know. So, just teach me. How?” he put a big smile, even he tried to smile as good as he can.

            Aom turned her head and stared at Mike. “No big deal. Wanna join today?” offered Aom, friendly.

            “Really? I can join today?” asked Mike who looked surprised.

            “Yeah, why not?” replied Aom, innocent.

             Tina rolled her eyes. “Can we hurry up?”

            Three of them started to walked out from the class. “But I need to drop of my girl first,” said Mike. “See ya, Aom.” Then he ran with ease to Jane’s class that in second floor, tried to look charismatic in front of the girls that saw him.

            “Are you gonna drop off your girlfriend too?” asked Aom to Tina that walked lazily, but still looked charming for the other girls that stared at her.

            “No, she can going home by herself,” replied Tina, cold.

            At the second floor, Aom saw Newclear waved in front of her class. Tina smiled widely and walked toward Newclear.

            “Hi, Baby.” Tina kissed Newclear’s right cheek.

            “Are you gonna with her today?” asked Newclear a bit jealous and took a glance to Aom.

            Tina nodded. “Yeah, Baby. Don’t worry, I dislike a girl like her.”

            Newclear giggled. “You’re so mean, Baby.”

            Aom heard that and she just rolled her eyes, pretend like she didn’t care. I dislike a girl like you too.

            “Like I care, Baby,” replied Tina. “I’m going first. Take care, Babe.” Then she messed up Newclear’s hair.

            “See you tomorrow, Babe,” said Newclear.

            “Okay. Bye.” Tina waved while went away from Newclear. Aom walked behind her.

            Aom stared at Tina from behind. She didn’t get it why there’s so many girl that like her. In logic way, why a girl like a girl? It should be a girl like a boy.

            “Where’re you going?” asked Aom when Tina changed her path.

            Tina took a glance to Aom. “Do I need to tell you everywhere I go?”

            “Aren’t we going to the parking lot?”

            “You’re so noisy. I need to go to the toilet.” Tina turned left, went to corner which toilet for girl faced toilet for the boy.

            Two minutes later, Tina came out from the toilet. She changed her skirt with long sport pants. She did it because it was so much easier to ride her motorcycle with pants. Her motorcycle isn’t an automatic that many girls rode it, but a sport motorcycle with red color. Again, Aom didn’t get the way Tina think. Why a girl want to ride that kind of motorcycle? It’s so confusing.

            After wore the helmet that Tina gave to her, Aom rode on Tina’s motorcycle. As soon as Aom put her on her motorcycle, she drove at a high speed. Aom which shocked hugged Tina’s waist tightly.

            “Are you nuts?!” shouted Aom, but Tina pretend like she didn’t hear. She just smirked.

            Tina didn’t stop, even just for a second and she didn’t care about the traffic light. Fortunately, there was no police. So, they didn’t get caught. Aom won’t let her hug go until they’re arrive at Tina’s house.

            Aom gave Tina a death glared. “You’re insane!”

            “Scare? Such a crying baby,” replied Tina, insulted Aom then walked into her house, left Aom that still angry.

            What’s the good thing from her? Nothing. The girls that like her are obviously moron.

 

            Because what was Tina did, Aom can’t really calm, but she tried hard to not burst her anger. I’m cool. She repeated that over and over again in her mind. Tina’s house isn’t so big, but isn’t too small too. A one story house with two room bedrooms that faced each other, but separated by a small garden in the middle, one bathroom outside the bedrooms, and living room with brown sofas faced the television then kitchen and dining room became one. The living room and the kitchen didn’t have a partition, it’s like an open kitchen.

            For Aom, Tina’s house is so nice, but she dislikes the way Tina treated her house. There were so much of clothes all over the house. In the kitchen sink, there were too much of dirty plates and glasses.

            “How can you live here?” asked Aom sarcastic.

            They were in the living room, Aom sat in front of Tina, a math book in the table. Tina chewed a gum, two bottles of soda beside her writing book. She glared at her.

            “Just go out if you dislike here.”

            Aom also glared at her. For minutes, they’re like exchanged laser stared. “Whatever,” said Aom. “Just solve the questions that on chapter four.”

            “I won’t,” replied Tina then she laid her head on the table. “Sleep is better than study.”

            “I wonder,” said Aom. “are you have a brain or not?”

            Tina raised her head and looked at Aom with anger. “What do you mean?!”

            “If you have a brain, then why you’re not using it?” said Aom, calm. She didn’t care the angry Tina.

            “Let me ask you,” said Tina. “what’s the good thing learn math? Without math, I still can live happily.”

            Aom looked Tina seriously. “I don’t know that you’re really stupid. Poor you.” She pats Tina’s shoulder.

            “Being smart doesn’t guarantee you’ll be happy.”

            “But being stupid doesn’t guarantee you’ll be happy too,” added Aom, serious.

            “Maybe I’m stupid, but at least I’m good looking.”

            “Are you happy being good looking, but stupid?”

            “Then are you happy being smart, but not good looking?”

            “At least, I didn’t begging my dad to make me pass the exam.”

            “At least I didn’t get dump by someone and that person said I’m a boring person.”

            Aom shocked. So, she was hearing my conversation with Beam? Damn! Saw Aom’s expression, Tina knew that she won.

            “Why you were hearing another person conversation?”

            Tina rolled her eyes. “Like I was intended to hear it. I was taking a nap on the tree then you and whoever that person were disturbing my nap.”

            “Taking a nap on the tree? Are you Sun Go Kong?” asked Aom sarcastic.

            “Are you telling me that I’m a monkey?” replied Tina sulky. “You don’t know how refreshing taking a nap on the tree.”

            “Yeah, whatever. I prefer sleep on the bed.” Aom wandered her eyes over Tina’s house. “Do you know that the house can describe the owner? Also if your house is dirty it can bring any disease?”

            “And now you’re teaching me how to treat my house. So funny. This is my house, why you need to bother?”

            “Because it’s annoying.”

            “If it’s annoying, why you don’t clean it then? If you clean it, then maybe I’ll be study.” Then Tina grinned.

            “Promise?”

            Tina nodded. Then she surprised when Aom really cleaned her house. She took all the clothes and put it on two big clothes baskets, even she did the dishes. Mike arrived when Aom almost finished do the dishes. He got surprised saw Aom like that.

            “I thought you’re not coming,” said Tina when Mike sat beside her.

            He opened the soda and drank a half of it. “Ahh… so refreshing,” said Mike. “I was busy with Jane. You know her, so aggressive, won’t let me go.” Then he giggled.

            “Anyway, is she becomes your maid or what?” asked Mike curious while pointed Aom with his mouth.

            Tina explained the whole story to Mike. Mike burst out laughed. “Why she do that?”

            Tina raised her shoulder. “Don’t know. She said she smart, but looked, she like doesn’t have a brain. Stupid.”

            “Eii… you’re too mean, Tina.”

            “You know what? She was the first that saying I didn’t have a brain. That silly girl.” Tina looked sulky.

            Mike laughed again. “Whoa, really?” Tina nodded with sulky face. “That girl is really something.”

            “I’m done.”

            They were startled when Aom suddenly appeared and sat in front of them. Mike turned his head to the kitchen and saw there weren’t any dirty plates or glasses, it cleaned already. He amazed.

            “Wow, how can you do that, Aom? Huh, wait, why you did that?” Mike corrected his question.

            “It was so annoying. I can’t stand it. So, I just cleaned it. See, it’s so much better now,” replied Aom with proud tone. She looked at Tina. “Can we start to study now?”

            Tina sighed and stared Aom seriously. “Look, Aom, I don’t know what you’ve get from my Dad for doing this, but I hate study, especially math. So, don’t waste your time—”

            “Look, Tina,” Aom cut her off. “I don’t know why you hate study, especially math, but I just wanna help your Dad and you—”

            “If you wanna help me, stop trying to make me study.” Tina cut Aom off.

            “If I do that, it’s mean I’m not help you. Study won’t hurt you, why you hate it? You’re on third year, if you’re not study, then it’ll be difficult to you to pass the final exam.”

            Tina snorted. “Don’t be such a stubborn kid.” She almost lost her calmness.

            “Talk to my hand,” replied Aom. “You already lost on our two bets and you’re already promise me too. Don’t be such a chicken by broke your own promises.”

            Tina ground her teeth and clenched her fist. She looked into Aom’s eyes that looked at back without fear. This girl, I really hate her.

            “Fine! Whatever!” Tina opened her math book and tried to solve the questions that on chapter four. She turned her head and looked at Mike who still amazed with the argued of Tina and Aom. “Are you just gonna blank like that, Mike?!” she burst her anger to Mike.

            “Huh?” Mike blinked her eyes like he just come back from outer space. “Calm down, Tina.” Then he tried to solve the questions too.

            They just need five minutes to give up. “I don’t understand the questions at all,” said Tina helpless.

            “Okay, let’s solve it together.” Aom explained the how to solve the first question. “Get it?” asked her when she finished the explained. Mike and Tina shook their heads on blank expression.

            Over and over again Aom explained the way to solve the first question until Tina and Mike nodded their heads and said they were understood. They moved to the second question and Aom let them to solve it. One hour passed, Tina and Mike still didn’t know how to solve the second question. Aom strictly won’t give them the answer. Mike stood and went to fridge. He took another bottle of soda and a snack then back to his seat. He opened the soda and the snack. Tina scribbled on her book.

            “You know Fern, Tina?” asked Mike while munching.

            “Don’t know. Why? She’s pretty?”

            “Yeah, she’s so pretty,” answered Mike with a big smile on his face. “She likes you, how lucky.”

            “Really? Then I need to find her out. I think it’s the time I need to change my girlfriend. I already bored with Newclear,” said Tina while still scribbled. “Arrgh!” she doodled her book with anger.

            “I don’t get it at all. I told you I hate math the most,” said Tina to Aom that looked her with flat face.

            “I also don’t get it why you like girls. As long as I knew, it should be a girl and a boy, not a girl and a girl,” replied Aom.

            Tina grinned. “Watch out your mouth, young lady. We don’t know when you’ll fall to my charisma.”

            “I won’t fall in love with someone that had no brain.” Aom said it confidently and with no hesitation.

            “Stop telling me I had no brain!” shouted Tina.

            “But it’s true.”

            Tina clenched her fist again. Mike saw that. “Calm down, Tina.” He tried to calm Tina down then looked at Aom. “Aom, I think you need to be careful to Tina.”

            “Or what?” asked Aom.

            Gosh! Is she really had no fear? “Tina can be a scary person, you know.”

            “Oh, really? I think the scary moment for her is when she get score 80 for math.”

            Tina felt the challenge. “What if I can get it?”

            “Another bet?” Aom smirked. “Do as you want.”

            Tina was closer her face to Aom. “Listen, you’ll be the one who lose.”

            Aom lifted her shoulders. “Just see and study hard.”

            “I will,” said Tina, serious.