Childish Fight

I Don't Wanna be Right

            “Are you stupid, Aom?” asked Pei in high tone. Aom told him about what was happened in Tina’s house. “You’re not her maid, right?”

            “Nope,” answered Aom calm.

            “Then why you did that?” Pei looked sulky.

            “It was so annoying, Pei. I can’t stand it.” Aom still answered in calm tone. “I need go to the bathroom.” She stood up from her seat, but she felt weird with her skirt.

            “Why there’s a gum stick on your skirt?” asked Pei confused when saw a gum stuck on Aom’s skirt.

            Aom looked at her back skirt and her seat. It was from her seat. She confused too because she didn’t eat a gum since the morning.

            “I don’t know too, Pei.” Aom replied with her no clue face.

            When Aom tried to get rid of the gum and got help from Pei, they heard someone laughed so hard. They turned their heads to that person, Tina. She laughed while looked at Aom.

            “Your skirt looks great,” said Tina then gave a thumb up.

            “I have a feeling that she’s the one who put that gum on your seat, Aom,” said Pei while looked at Tina with annoyed look.

            “Maybe,” replied Aom. She glared at Tina while Tina looked so happy. “Childish.”

###

            It was the third lesson that day, sport. Everyone on Aom’s class changed their uniforms into sport outfit. Tina, Mike, and a few boys played basketball because the lesson hasn’t started yet. Aom, Pei, and a few girls sat on the side of the basketball field. Aom was busy talking with Pei while the other girls looked at Tina with amazed because Tina so talented on basketball. She shots three point shoot over and over and it made the girls screamed everytime her shot perfectly in.

            Tina took a glance to Aom after she shot another three point shoot, but she a bit shocked because Aom didn’t pay attention at all. She just busy chatted with her friend. Somehow Tina felt annoyed. When she got the ball again from Mike, she didn’t shoot into the ring, but she shot to Aom. The ball hits Aom’s body because she didn’t realize about the ball.

            “Aw!” Aom screamed, shocked and hurt.

            Tina took the ball that stop not too far from Aom. “Sorry.” She said that, but when she turned back her body, a smirk came out. She was happy.

            “Are you okay, Aom?” asked Pei, worried.

            Aom nodded. “Yeah, I’m okay, Pei.” then she stared at Tina that already played again.

            “I believe she did it on purpose,” said Pei while looked at Tina too. “I dislike that kid so much. I told you to reject her dad wish, Aom.”

            “It’s okay, Pei. I can handle it. She’s just a kid with no brain after all.”

            “Are you sure you can handle it?” Pei looked Aom with doubt.

            Aom nodded. “Yup.” She saw the teacher came. “Come on, the teacher’s coming.” She stood up.

            Pei stood up too. “Just beware of her, Aom.”

            “I know, Pei, I know.”

            ###

            Aom and Pei walked out from the gate of their school and walked toward a bus stop that not too far from the gate. Tina and Mike went out too, Mike with Jane and Tina alone.

            “Bye, Tina,” said Jane with a big smile on her face.

            “Hmm,” said Tina, cold.

            “See ya, bro.” Mike waved to Tina then he left.

            Tina saw Aom then she smirked. She rode her motorcycle and didn’t reduce her speed when there was a puddle near Aom. Because of that Aom’s uniform a bit dirty. Tina stopped her motorcycle, opened her helmet, and looked at Aom from top to toe.

            “Sorry, I didn’t see it. This day must be a bad day for you. Anyway, I’m leaving first. Bye.” After said that, Tina left Aom and Pei.

            “Just see, Tina, just see,” said Aom who looked angry. “I really wanna eat that girl. Rawr!”

            “Aww… are you a cannibal or what, Aom?” said Pei .

            “Yeah, I’m a cannibal,” answered Aom sarcastic.

            Pei annoyed too with Tina’s acted, but it was just funny to saw Aom reacted. So, he laughed so hard.

            “Am I funny?” asked Aom, more annoyed.

            “Yes,” replied Pei then laughed again.

            Aom narrowed her eyes. “Stop it or I’ll eat you too.”

            Pei stopped his laughter and made a sign that he zipped his mouth. “You’re really a cannibal, Aom.”

            “Whatever, Pei.” she walked faster and left Pei. Just see, Tina, I’ll eat you for sure.

            ###

            Aom looked carefully at her seat and her table, just in case there’ll be another gum. After made sure there’s nothing, she sat and took out a book from her bag. It was one of the series of Sherlock Holmes. The bell rang and English teacher came, but Aom didn’t realize it, until Pei tapped her shoulder. Aom put her book down and saw the teacher. She put her book on the bag and took out her English book. She took a glance to Tina’s seat, it was still empty. Tsk! Lazy kid. How can she win our bet if she likes this? Whatever, I don’t care.

            Aom paid attention to the teacher explanation about tenses. She wrote down things that important points. 30 minutes later Tina walked in without looked guilty. Her face messed, even Mike got surprised.

            “What’s wrong with her face?” asked Aom to Pei, curious and still had her eyes on Tina.

            “Fight? Like you don’t know that kid,” answered Pei that showed no interest.

            Yeah, fight. I forget that she likes fight. What’s in her mind? I don’t understand at all.

                        ###

            “Hey, Aom, you know what?” asked Pei as soon as he sat in front of Aom while put down his lunch.

            “What?” asked Aom back while munched her lunch.

            “Tina was fighting with Beam,” said Pei with low tone.

            Aom stop munched. Her brows raised. “Why?”

            Pei raised her shoulders. “Don’t know. Now, she and Beam are on consultation room. Seem like they’ll get detention.”

            Aom lost on her thought. Beam? Why she fight with Beam? Why a girl fight? Even though this isn’t her first time. Why she likes to act like a boy?

            “Hey, Aom,” said Pei interrupted Aom thought. “what’re you thinking?”

            Aom shook her head. “Nothing.”

            ###

            “Who was starting the fight?” asked Mrs. Mannaying. She’s a home class teacher of Beam and teaches Ethics. She sat meanwhile Tina and Beam stood in front of her table work.

            “She punched me first, Mam,” answered Beam. “I don’t know why she punched me. I didn’t do wrong, Mam.”

            Tina snorted. Mrs. Mannaying realized that and looked at her.

            “Do you really punch him first, Tina?” asked Mrs. Mannaying.

            “Yes, Mam,” answered Tina without hesitation.

            “Why?”

            “Just because he’s so annoying, Mam,” replied Tina.

            “You’re the one who annoying,” said Beam.

            Tina turned her head and narrowed her eyes. She gave shut-up-or-I’ll-kill-you look. Beam realized that and shut his mouth. Tina turned her head again to Mrs. Mannaying. Mrs. Mannaying sighed.

            “You two will clean toilet for three days, starting today, after the school ends. Get it?” said Mrs. Mannaying. “No objection. Now, you can leave, Beam, but Tina, you need stay.”

            Beam smirked. “Thank you, Mam.” He left the consultation room.

            “What’s wrong, Tina? You promised me that you’ll not fight anymore,” asked Mrs. Mannaying. She didn’t give Tina judging look, but care look.

            Tina released a deep sigh. “I’m sorry, Mam.” She looked down to the floor, felt guilty.

            “Tell me honestly, what’s wrong?”

            “I told you, Mam, he’s so annoying.”

            Mrs. Mannaying stared Tina intensively. “I knew you, you wouldn’t fight without reason. Why he’s annoying? He’s my daughter boyfriend, right?”

            “You better ask that to your daughter yourself, Mam,” replied Tina still on polite tone.

            “Okay, but how’s your extension course with her? Is it going well?”

            “She said I hadn’t had a brain.”

            Mrs. Mannaying burst out laughed. “Seriously? How can she say that?”

            Tina took a glance to Mrs. Mannaying. “She’s so mean, Mam. How can your daughter like that? Even she challenged me to get score 80 on math. I don’t know how to do.” She told Mrs. Mannaying what she felt.

            “Then study well and listen her well. Maybe she’s a bit mean, but she’s a nice girl,” replied Mrs. Mannaying then smiles. “Ah, who’s your girlfriend now?”

            Tina gave her protest look. “This topic again. Newclear, Mam.”

            Mrs. Mannaying a bit surprised. “Newclear? From my class? Stop being such a player, will you?”

            “Mam, I told you before, I’ll stop if I already find the one that can makes me really fall in love.”

            “Stop playing others hearts, Tina. Don’t you scare about karma?”

            “I get it, Mam, I get it. Can I leave now?”

            “Tsk! Yes, you can leave. Don’t forget to study well.”

            Tina nodded. “Yes, Mam.”

                        ###

            Aom stared intensively at Tina that tried to solve questions of math. Her pretty face wasn’t too good, there were wounds on her lips side, her right brow, and her nose. Tina knew that Aom stared at her, but she pretended to not know.

            “Are you okay?” asked Aom finally opened .

            Tina raised her head and looked back at Aom. “Huh?”

            Aom repeated her question. “Are you okay?”

            “Stop pretending like you care.” Tina looked at her book again. “I don’t need your sympathy.”

            Aom a bit shocked with Tina’s reaction. “Why you’re fight with Beam?”

            “Why? Mad because I punched your ex? Wanna get revenge? Punch me then.” Tina offered her right cheek to Aom.

            Aom looked at Tina irritatingly. She bites her lips then released a deep sigh. She took band aids from her wallet and puts that on Tina’s wounds.

            “You shouldn’t fight,” said Aom while looked at Tina with care and warmly. “There’s no benefit.”

            Tina shocked. She didn’t expect that Aom will react like that. “Are you okay?”

            “Huh?”

            “I thought you’re going to punch me.”

            Aom snorted. “I’m not someone like you who likes to punch peoples.”

            “And you’re back to be a mean girl,” said Tina almost like whisper.

            “What did you say?”

            Tina shook her head. “Nothing.” She looked at her book again then looked at Aom. “I don’t understand this question. What’s log?”

            Aom dropped her jaw. “Are you kidding me? Even you don’t know log?” Tina shook her head. “At all?” Tina nodded. “Oh my God, Tina! If you continue like this, I’ll win for sure. I told you before, use your brain. Gosh!” then she explained the way to solve the question, until she suddenly remembered something.

            “Ah! You know how hard to clean the gum that stuck on my skirt? How hurt I am because you shot a ball to me? And wash my uniform from stains? Stop being childish and study properly. Use your brain for something useful. Gosh! You’re really annoying.”

            “You’re noisy. Stop nagging,” replied Tina.

            Aom bites her lips. “If you do that again—”

            “Yeah, yeah, tomorrow I’ll try to do something that not so childish.” Tina cut her off.

            “If you have time to think about it, it’s better if you use it to study.”

            “Aren’t you bored study?”

            “Aren’t you bored being childish?”

            “You’re sounds like a grandma.”

            “You’re acts like a kindergarten student.”

            “You still love that man, huh?”

            Aom shocked with Tina counterattack. She gulped. “Why’re you asking that?”

            “Because you seem dislike I punched him.” Before Aom replied, Tina added. “You’re stupid if still love him.”

            Aom narrowed her eyes and looked Tina seriously. “It’s not your business.”

            “I don’t get it, why you like that man? He’s so damn annoying, coward, and big mouth. It was really easy to take his down, until his friends came.”

            Aom ground her teeth. “I told you it isn’t your business.”

            Their eyes met. “Whatever,” said Tina.