the Beginning

I Don't Wanna be Right

           “We need to break up,” said Beam to the girl that standing in front of him.

            That girl who had a black hair, frowned. “Why?” she looked at Beam serious.

            “Because you’re so boring. I can’t help it anymore.” Beam explained. “FYI, I became your boyfriend just because I was betting with my friends. So, goodbye, Aom.”

            As Beam’s back left her, she felt something hurts on her right chest. No, she didn’t love him, but knowing the fact that it was just betting is hurt her. Without she realized, her eyes became teary and tears fell on her cheeks.

            BUGH!

            She startled when someone on sportswear jumped from a tree beside her. Quickly, she wipes her tears. She knew that person because she’s one of her classmate, Tina. Tina, without looking at Aom, walked casually to the class. She didn’t care that Aom just cried.

            What she was doing up there? Weird.

 

            She’s walking into class confidently and always like that. She knew that she’s so good looking. She’s tall, had white and flawless skin, had dark brown hair, and handsome, even a lot of guys can’t defeat her on being handsome. Shame on the guys. She’s popular too in the school, even many of beautiful ladies wants to be her girlfriend.

            She had a lot of friends, but just one that really closed with her. That guy who walked beside her, Mike. He also knew that he’s handsome, from a wealthy family, and popular too. That girl and that guy like duo that can’t be separated and also targets for the ladies. No one’s perfect and so with them. They’re too lazy to study and that made their school grades so bad.

            “Morning, baby. I made this for you,” said Newclear, new girlfriend of Tina. Yeah, her name is Tina and she’s tom. Newclear gave a meal box to Tina.

            “Thank you, baby,” said Tina then kissed Newclear’s cheek.

            Newclear giggled. She looked happy when Tina gave her a kiss, but that made other girls envying her.

            “I also already finishing your homework,” added Newclear, proud.

            “Oh my God, I love you more, baby,” said Tina then she pulled her closer and gave her a light kiss on her lips.

            “Oh, baby, we’re in the class,” said Newclear, shy. Her cheeks blushed.

            “So what?” replied Tina. She really didn’t care that she and Newclear became a hot topic that morning.

            “Oh, please, Tina, it’s still morning. Don’t makes everyone jealous,” said Mike that sat on the seat beside Tina.

            Tina laughed. “Like I care, Mike.”

            “What’s wrong, Aom? I don’t know you pay attention to Tina,” said Pei that knew Aom can’t take her eyes off Tina.

            Aom startled, but then tried to be calm. “Nothing. I just don’t get her thought, kissing in the class? No manners.”

            “Don’t tell me you’re being jealous, Aom,” teased Pei with a smirk.

            Aom rolled her eyes. “Oh, please, Pei.”

            Pei laughed. “Anyway, I didn’t see Beam. Where’s he?”

            “I broke up with him,” answered Pie, flat then she opened her book and read it. She tried to hide her pain, but Boy can still see it.

            Pei pats her back to encourage her. “It’s okay, Aom. He’s not good enough for you.”

            “I’m okay, Pei.”

            Pei knew that Aom was lying, but he acted like he believed her. “Anyway, Aom, can I look your math homework. I can’t understand number 1.”

            Aom glanced at Pei sharply. “It’s so easy, Pei. Where’s your book? I’m gonna teach you.” She took down her book.

            Pei took his math book from his bag and faced it to Aom. Aom explained the solution method to Pei carefully. In five minutes, Pei finished that question.

            “See? Easy, right?” asked Aom with i-am-right-huh look.

            “It’s easy because you’re genius, Aom,” replied Pei.

            “I’m not.”

            Pei rolled his eyes. “If you’re not genius, then what’re you? Always ranked 1.”

            “It just because I’m lucky. You can do it too, you just need to study.”

            “Yeah, whatever, Aom. I’m gonna to bathroom. Don’t miss me.” then Pei giggled and Aom rolled her eyes.

            “Silly,” said her in lower tone.

 

            Aom heart beat raced as she walks toward headmaster office at the second floor. She didn’t know why the headmaster wanted to meet with her. As long as she could remembered, she didn’t do anything wrong, like broken the rule’s school. When she finally arrived at the headmaster office, she took a deep breath before knocked the door. She walked in after there was a deep voice saying she can in.

            She didn’t think that would be another person in that office. That person, Tina, looked annoyed and sullen. The headmaster smile to Aom and gave permission to Aom to sit. Aom sit beside Tina.

            “Aom, right? Ah, finally I can meet you personally,” said the headmaster that made Aom confused. “I’m your father’s friend. I heard you’re always had top rating from you were on primary school. It’s totally awesome, Aom.”

            “Thank you, Sir,” replied Aom politely.

            “The reason I call you here is I want you to teach my daughter. This is her third year, but she’s so lazy and never studies. Maybe if she studies with her friend, it’ll be easier for her. I want her to pass the exam and go to the college. Can you help her, Aom?”

            Aom thought for seconds and took a glance to the person beside her. “I’ll do it, Sir.”

            The headmaster smiled brightly. “Thank you, Aom. Please take care of Tina. She’s a troublemaker. You can do anything to makes her study and listen to you. I believe in you, Aom.” Then he, Mr. Jittaleela, turned his head to Tina, her daughter, looked at her eyes sharply. “You must listen to Aom, Tina. Your house and motorcycle will be taken from you if I hear you make a trouble to Aom. Get it?”

            “You’re so silly, Dad. You can make me pass the exam, why I need to studies?” asked Tina in anger.

            “It’s cheating and you’re not allowed to do that, even if you’re the headmaster’s daughter,” answered Aom.

            Tina glared at Aom with anger. “So what if it’s cheating?”

            “Shame on you. Became a headmaster daughter doesn’t mean you can do anything, include cheating on exam.”

            Before Tina answered Aom, Mr. Jitaleela cuts her off. “I know you can handle her, Aom.”

            Tina looked more irritated. “Dad, you’re really gonna be like this?”

            “Yes and you two need back to the class now.”

            Aom nodded then stood up. She bowed to Mr. Jitaleela, walked out from her office to her class on the third floor. Tina behind her, walked with her sullen face. She grabbed Aom’s hand and that made Aom stop her steps. She bent her brows.

            “Why?” asked Aom with flat tone.

            “Are you really will do this?”

            “Yes. I promised your dad.”

            Tina narrowed her eyes and looked directly to Aom’s eyes. “Listen to me carefully, just give up, there’s no benefit you doing this or I’ll make you regret.”

            “Then try me. I’m not afraid.” Aom letting her hand go from Tina’s hand and walked in to the class, leaving the mad Tina.

            “Just see. You don’t know with who you’re dealing with,” murmur Tina.