That Feeling

I Don't Wanna be Right

             Aom stared at Tina that looked so serious working on her homework. Tina never looked like this before, even she listened well to Aom explanation. Aom curious with her sudden changed.

            “Tina.” Aom said her name.

            “Hmm.” Tina still focused on her book.

            “Are you okay? You’re not sick, don’t you? You’re still on your right mind? Or thunder had struck you?”

            “Weird?” asked her.

            Aom nodded. “Yeah.”

            “Just think that I’m not on my right mind now then,” replied her, sound a bit angry.

            Aom laughed then mess up Tina’s hair. “Someone is angry.” Tina slapped Aom’s hand from her hair. “I’m glad you’re studying, Tina. I know you can do it. You’re just won’t do it before. You need to study so you can pass the final—” Tina handed her book to Aom make Aom stop talk for minutes.

She looked carefully Tina’s book. Aom didn’t realize that Tina stares her. Her serious look really cute, thought Tina. Aom’s serious look suddenly changed to the angry look.

“Aw-w,” said Tina, knew that she gonna get scolded by Aom.

“Why just two of twenty that have the right answer, Tina?”

“But two is better than zero, Aom.”

            Heard the excuse that Tina made make Aom more angry than before. Before Aom spoke, Tina opened first. “I’m not genius like you that can solve the question so easily. I’m trying to be a better, but it’s not like I can solve all the question with the right answer with one try. I’m not you, Aom.”

            Aom sighed. She realized that she wrong and thought that Tina was right. “Okay, I’m sorry, Tina. Let’s discuss it together.”

            Tina and Aom studied together until the clock show 9 pm. “I think enough for today. Tomorrow you’ll gonna go to school, right?”

            Tina raised her eyebrow. “Why? You’re feeling lonely when I’m not around?”

            Aom rolled her eyes. “You wish. Bye!”

            “Where you’re going?” asked Tina.

            “Home,” answered Aom. “You and your stupid question.” She shaked her head. “Rest and don’t be late for tomorrow or you’re gonna get another punishment from school.”

            “I get it, Madam.” Tina stood up, took her jacket, and her motorcycle’s key. “I’m gonna drive you home.”

            “No need, Tina. I can go home myself.”

            “I insist.” Tina pulled Aom’s hand.

            After Tina locked her house and garage, she her motorcycle’s engine. Then Aom sat on the back seat. Tina drove her motorcycle not so fast.

            “I’m hungry. Can we eat first, Aom?” asked Tina.

            When Tina said that, Aom just remembered that she hasn’t dinner yet. “Hmm… okay, deal.”

            Tina stopped her motorcycle at the parking lot of McDonalds. Tina ordered burger with big size, ice cream, ice coffee, and french fries while Aom ordered a package of chicken with rice and lemon tea. Tina paid it as a treat because Aom help her finished the homework. They seated on the chair that not too far from door.

            “Why you so kind to me, Aom?” asked Tina while eat.

            “Is it wrong? I can’t be kind to you? I just wanna help your dad at first, but then I wanna help you too.”

            “My dad asked you just because he won’t see his child don’t pass the exam. He’s too ashamed of me, you know it.”

            “But if he doesn’t care at all with you, he won’t ask me to help you, Tina. Maybe he just can’t accept the fact that you being tom and like girls, but yeah, slap you wasn’t the right thing to do as your father.” Aom tried to see from the both sides.

            Tina snorted. “He has been like that since I was a kid. Always compared me with my brothers. He’s so proud had sons. I don’t know what’s the good thing had sons that make him ignoring me all the time. Sometimes I thought that he isn’t my biological father because he’s so mean to me.”

            “Aw, don’t say that, Tina.” Aom didn’t expect that Tina thought that far.

            “Are you on his side?” Tina stared Aom sharply.

            “Not like that, Tina. I’m just trying to see you and your dad sides.”

            “He hates me.”

            She’s hurting so much. “Are you happy being a tom and having relationship with girls?”

            “Not really.” Tina shrugged.

            “Have you ever really fallen in love with girls?”

            Tina shook her head. “Nope,” she stopped for a while to drink her ice coffee. “but I think now I’m falling in love with a girl.”

            Aom’s eyes like popped out. “Really?”

            “Yeah.” Tina nodded. “She gives me something that others can’t: makes me comfortable around her, makes my heart beating so fast. I wanna always with her.” Her eyes were sparkling when told this girl.

            “Wow! Finally, there’s someone that you really love. Then stop playing with others. She knows that you love her?”

            “Hmm… I don’t think so. She’s so blunt.”

            “Aw! Is she your girlfriend now?”

            “Nope, but why you’re so curious, Aom? Get jealous?” Tina teased Aom.

            Aom rolled her eyes. “You wish, Tina. So, because you’re really falling in love now, don’t be a player anymore. Be a player isn’t—”

            Tina cut her off with put french fries on Aom’s mouth. “You’re so noisy. I know, I know, I won’t be player anymore. So, just eat now.”

            Aom that wanted to angry at first, smiled. “Good. Just must listen to me well.”

            “Yes, Madam,” nodded Tina.

            Aom laughed loudly. “Silly Tina.”

            “Happy, huh?” Tina sulky.

            “Totally.” Then Aom laughed again.

            That moment, Tina felt so happy because make Aom laughing like that. She was happy saw Aom happy. She laughed too because she was just pretending to sulky.

            And her heart was about to coming out from her chest. She was dying from happiness.