The New Target

I Don't Wanna be Right

          “Ugh!” Aom grimace in pain when she tried to wake up from her bed. Thankfully her ankle just sprained, not to serious, but that was really painful.

            She carefully walked to the bathroom that beside her room. After took a bath, she wore her uniform then went to the dining room. Her parents already started eat their breakfast.

            “Morning, Aom.”

            Aom disbelieved her sight. She saw Tina sat in her dining room, ate her breakfast with Aom’s parents. Tina smiled widely to Aom, even she waved to her. Saw Aom who looked walking in pain, Tina came closer. Aom guarded herself saw Tina coming closer. Tina wrapped her hand to Aom’s waist and put Aom’s right hand to her shoulder.

            “What you’re doing?” protested Aom.

            “Helping you, silly,” replied Tina.

            “I—”

            Tina smirked. “Wanna me to shut you?”

            Aom didn’t buy Tina threaten. She didn’t believe that Tina will kiss her in front of her parents. Tina wouldn’t that brave.

            “Oh, really?”

            Darn! She knows that I won’t kiss her in front of her parents like this. “I’m just trying to help you, Aom. Can you be nice?” I just realize she has great scent. It’s sweet, like a dark chocolate or flower? Well, whatever it is, it’s good for sure. Tina took a deep inhale, tried to absorb Aom’s scent.

            With the help from Tina, Aom was so much easier to walk. Aom wondered will Tina be so nice like this if Aom wasn’t hurt or if they’re not in front of Aom’s parents. Aom ate her breakfast with her thought wandering.

            “You’re absent two days ago on my class, where’d you go, Tina?” asked Mrs. Mannaying.

            Tina sighed. Darn! She remembered it. “I was sleeping on the tree, Mam,” answered Tina, honest.

            “Again?”

            Tina nodded. “Yes, Mam. I was too sleepy.”

            “Listen, Tina, I don’t want you to skip any classes today, get it?” said Mrs. Mannaying.

            Tina nodded, obedient. “Yes, Mam. I won’t.”

            “Don’t fight and study well,” added Mrs. Mannaying.

            “Yes, Mam. I’ll try to study well, even though my mentor didn’t teach me well, but I’ll try hard,” replied Tina in such a serious face.

            Aom punched her arm. “Ouch! It’s hurt, Aom,” protested Tina.

            “I taught you well,” denied Aom. “You know what, Mom, even she didn’t know—”

            Immediately Tina closed Aom’s mouth with her hand. “Don’t listen to her, Mam. I definitely studies well.” Tina tried to convince Mrs. Mannaying.

            Aom punched Tina’s back a few times and that made Tina let her hand go. Mr. and Mrs. Mannaying locked their eyes to Tina and Aom. They confused with their behaviors. Tina which aware with the eyes from Aom’s parents, put a serious face, looked at her wristwatch, and gazed to Mrs. Mannaying.

            “It’s better if we’re leave now, Mam,” said Tina, full of politeness.

            Aom didn’t believe that Tina will be look so obedient in front of her mother. Is she had multiple personality or what? Such a weirdo. Aom stared Tina in such hateful look. Then she remembered their kiss scene. And I got kiss from that weirdo. Tsk!

            ###

            “Why you look so polite in front of my parents?” asked Aom to Tina which grabbing her arm. Tina helped Aom walking to the class.

            Tina smirked. “So I didn’t get detention.” Then she laughed hard. “I tried to make good impression in front of your parents. Cool, right?” she laughed again.

            “I know you’re not that nice,” replied Aom.

            A girl with long hair, pretty, and taller than Aom, headed toward them. She glanced to Aom then stared Tina. Pretty, said Aom in her mind.

            “I’m busy, we’ll talk later,” said Tina coldly to that girl.

            “Why you kissed her yesterday?” asked that girl, attacked Tina. “I thought I’m your girlfriend.” She looked angry.

            “It was misunderstanding,” replied Aom quickly. So, she’s Tina new girlfriend, huh? “We’re not in any relationship. So—”

            “Stop it!” Tina cut Aom then looked seriously to the girl that named Baifern. “I kissed her because she was annoying me and yes, you’re my girlfriend. Don’t over-reacting, if you still wanna be my girlfriend, cut that off. Now, get away from our way!”

            Aom rolled her eyes saw Tina behavior. Tsk! Arrogant! Why a pretty girl like her wanna be her girlfriend? Pity her.

            Tina dragged Aom went through Baifern. Aom took a glance to Baifern before left her, she saw her eyes teary. Suddenly she felt sorry for Baifern.

            “Why you did that?” asked Aom. “You’re not supposed to do that. She’s your girlfriend, right? You’re such a cruel girl. It’s better for that girl if she’s breaking up with you. She’s too good for you. She need—”

            “One more word and I’ll shut you.” Tina who annoyed cut Aom off.

            “Why you always wanna shut me? One more shut kiss and I’ll tell my Mom.” Aom tired with threaten from Tina.

            “If you stop nagging, I won’t shut you.”

            “It’s not nagging—”

            “Then what?” Tina faced Aom. “You’re sounding like a grandma.”

            “I’m what?!” yelled Aom, shocked with was Tina say.

            “No need to yell, Grandma. You make others looking at us,” protested Tina.

            “They’re already looking at us since before I yell and stop calling me ‘Grandma’.”

            “Grandma,” whispered Tina.

            “Stop it!” Aom annoyed.

            “Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grand—”

            “Stop it!” Aom punched Tina’s arm.

            “Or what? You’ll shut me?” Tina smirked.

            “You wish!”

            “Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Aom like a grandma.” Tina still .

            Aom narrowed her eyes and glared at Tina. “Oouch! You’re stares killing me, Aom,” said Tina while touching her chest.

            “Let me kill you for sure.” Aom tried to strangle Tina’s neck.

            Because Tina is taller than Aom, it was a bit difficult for her to strangle. She even needed to stand on her tiptoes, but she forgot that her ankle was hurt.

            “Argh~” Aom loosen her balance, but Tina caught her and they were like hugging.

            Their eyes met each other. Tina can felt her heart beating so fast. Suddenly she felt nervous. Shoot! Why? What’s wrong with me?

            “Let go,” said Aom which felt uncomfortable.

            Tina smirked. “You wanna kill me or kiss me, Grandma?” she teased Aom again. Shut up, heart!

            Aom pushed Tina’s body away. “ert!” then she walked by herself, left Tina.

            Tina followed Aom from behind, seen how hard she walking by herself. Tina didn’t know why she suddenly felt sad saw Aom who kept in the pain. She sighed then walking beside her. She grabbed Aom’s hand again, but Aom won’t let it.

            “You need help, Aom,” said Tina with such a warmly voice, even Aom surprised by that.

            “No need,” rejected Aom as cold as she can, but then she stared the stairs in front of her.

            The stairs looked so scary to her. She gulped. At that time, she regretted the location of her class that on third floor. That’s mean there so many stairs that she must through it. Just thinking about it already made her felt the painful on her ankle. I’m doom.

            “Still won’t my help?”

            “No.” Aom still rejected Tina.

            “Okay then. I’m leaving first. Good luck.” Tina gave a teasing smile and waving while continues her walk.

            Aom just glared at her. If she’s leave me for real, I’ll eat her. But then, Tina didn’t show her face again. She sighed frustratingly. You’re so mean, Tina. She stared the stairs again, hesitating whether walking or not. She looked at her wristwatch, just five minutes to the bell. She needed to hurry up if won’t be late. She decided to force her foot. She was right, it’s totally painful. She grimaced in pain.

            “It’s must be hurt, right?” and Tina’s voice heard from the second floor. She have been watched and waiting her.

            Aom who recognized her voice, ignored her. She just continued walk. Oh my! This is so hurt.

            Tina rested her chin and stared Aom intensively. For how long you can endure it, huh? “Aww! It’s hurt.” She mimicked Aom’s expression.

             “What’re you doing here?” asked Mike to Tina. He came from the third floor.

            “Huh? Just watching her,” answered Tina while pointing Aom with .

            Mike changed her gaze to Aom who still walked in pain. “How can you let her walking by herself?” he came closer to Aom.

            “She said she didn’t need any help,” Tina glanced to Aom. “right, Aom?”

            “Yeah, I don’t need any help,” said Aom. She looked sharply to Tina.

            “Why you’re coming today? It’s better if you resting at home. Your ankle gonna worsen if you like this,” said Mike to Aom.

            “I’m okay, Mike.” But Aom’s face didn’t show that she’s okay.

            Tina a bit surprised when saw Mike carried Aom. Aom tried her best to reject Mike, but he kept insisting to carry her. Tina which saw that, rolled her eyes and somehow dislikes it. She walked behind them, her gazed locked on Aom. Not just Tina that locked her eyes on Aom, but almost all the girls in their school. For them, Aom really getting on their nerves because suddenly she became a girl that received attention from two peoples which the most wanted in their school. It annoyed them.

            Mike put Aom down on her seat while their classmates’ eyes locked on them. They looked so surprised and curious. Tina stopped her step at the door and leaned her body to the door while stared at Mike and Aom. She folded her arms. Mike headed toward Tina direction and a big smile on his mouth.

            “Why you’re doing that?” asked Tina. She didn’t try to hide her dislike.    

            “To make a good impression in front of her,” answered Mike on low tone then he chuckled.

            “A new target, huh? Bored with Jane?” Tina knew that Mike won’t do anything like that without reason. The most reasonable reason is Aom her new target.

            Mike smirked. “You know me so well, huh? Help me, will ya?”

            “I won’t. You can do it by yourself.” Tina rejected his ask. They’re never asking help to get a girl that becomes their target. “She’s my toy anyway.”

            “You make her feels like in hell and I’ll make her feels like in heaven. See? You’re still having your toy, right?” Mike wrapped his hand around Tina’s shoulder. “Help me this time, okay.” Then he tapped Tina’s shoulder, walked to his seat while whistling happily.