Start of the War?

I Don't Wanna be Right

          On the second break, Aom approached Tina in the canteen that sat with Newclear, Mike, and Jane—Mike’s girlfriend—at the table that beside fishpond. Pei didn’t know that Aom went toward Tina, he was busy order meal for him and Aom. Aom stood up in front of Tina’s table. Tina acted like she didn’t see Aom, she was busy with Newclear that feed her.

            “Tina.” Aom called Tina, but Tina acted like she didn’t hear it.

            “What’re you doing here?” asked Jane in cruel tone.

            Aom looked at Jane coldly then said, “It’s not your business.” Then she locked her eyes again to Tina that still looked so lovey dovey with her girlfriend.

            Mike and Jane were surprised with answered that Aom gave. Jane can’t accept that. She narrowed her eyes and looked at Aom.

            “Just go. Tina won’t talk to you. Pity you.”

            “Listen to me, Tina,” Aom ignored Jane and that made Jane more annoyed. “I just want you to know our schedules are on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and it’ll be after school ends. We’ll begin from today. About the place—”

            “Shut up!” Tina can’t hold her anger anymore. “Just say whatever, I won’t do it. Now, go!”

            “Really? You won’t do it? Why?” asked Aom, calm. She already expected that Tina won’t be easy say yes to her.

            Tina snorted. “It’s not important. What’s the good thing of study? Nothing.”

            “I just realized that you’re so stupid. I don’t understand why peoples like you. What’s the good thing of you? Nothing.” Aom counterattack made Tina more irritated.       

            “Wow!” said Mike who didn’t expect that Aom would say like that.

            “Hey! Shut your mouth! How dare you!” shouted Newclear who didn’t accept Aom humiliated her girlfriend.

            “Yeah, shut your mouth!” Jane also tried to attack Aom again. “You’re the one who nothing.”

            Aom grinned. “Coward. You’re gonna hide behind these girls? Seriously? I’ll let you go if you can beat my score on math quiz today. How about it? If you can beat my score, then you really no need to study again, but if you can’t, then you must follow all my words. Deal?”

            Tina irritatingly looked at Aom that stood so confidently. She knew that she can’t beat Aom score, but if she just gave up, it’ll ruin her pride. She hate when people said she’s coward.

            “Deal,” replied Tina.

            Aom smirked. “Okay then. Good day, everyone.” Aom turned her body and walked toward Pei that looked at her in disbelief.

            “What was your doing, Aom?” asked Pei that almost like he scolded her.

            “Nothing,” answered Aom innocently. “Ah, my lunch meal already here. Thanks, Pei.”

            Pei still stared at Aom. He really didn’t understand the reason Aom did that. “Do you realize that everyone lock their eyes on you?”

            “Really?” asked Aom that already started eat her meal then she was wandering her eyes in the canteen. Pei right, she became a target of everyone eyes. “Just ignore them, Pei.”

            “Are you not worry, Aom? Really?”

            Aom nodded. “Yup. Stop it, Pei. Just eat your lunch.”

 

            As expected, Tina can’t beat Aom score. Aom got a perfect score, while Tina got 10 from 100. Aom smiled widely. She knew that Tina won’t say no if she dares her in public. Tina’s pride is so high. She approached Tina that looked sullen.

            “So?” Aom smirked.

            “Whatever,” replied Tina, mad.

            “Starting today, after the school ends, and the place is—”

            “At my home.” Tina cut her off.

            Aom nodded. “Okay then, no problem.” She turned her body and walked to her seat that in front of Pei seat.

            Pei touched lightly Aom’s shoulder that made Aom turned her head. “Are you having some interests on Tina?”

            Aom shook her head innocently. “Her dad wants me to teach her. Just it.”

            “Beware, Aom!”

            “From what?” asked Aom who got confused with Pei warning.

            “We knew what she like, she’s the number one trouble maker in this school. So, she won’t be easy to handle, plus she had a lot of fans that will kill you if you touch her.”

            “So what if she’s the number one trouble maker? She’s just a human, Pei.” Aom paused and looked at her wristwatch. “Stop. I have to study now.” Then she turned her head again, opened her biology book.

            Pei rolled his eyes. “Are you never tired because too much study, Aom?”

            Aom didn’t reply him because she was too focusing on her book. Pei didn’t understand with his friend. She’s indeed a genius, but she always took time to study. Why geniuses still need to study?

            If Aom already too deep on her book, she won’t be talkable and that made Pei bored. Because the next teacher didn’t come yet, Pei chosen to sleep. A bit far, Tina glared at Aom from her seat. Mike noticed that.

            “You must be shock because there’s a girl that against you,” said Mike.

            “I don’t care about that, Mike, you know it,” said Tina. “I don’t care about others, it’s not my business, but there’s something bother me.”

            “What?” asked Mike, curious.

            When Tina wanted to replied Mike, the next teacher came into class. She can’t reply Mike because she got punishment by the teacher. She didn’t do the homework. For the next two hours, she stood in front of class with one leg and her hands tweaked her ears.

            “Damn, Newclear! Why she forgot to do this homework?” murmur Tina. “And you,” she stared at Aom that focused on the teacher explanation. “I won’t let you go so easily after you humiliated me.”