6. Falling for the Ghost

I fell in love with a ghost?! (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I knew I would be back home quite late so I called my neighbor to check on Minji. It was indeed 3:30 AM when I reached the doorstep of my apartment. I unlocked it, went inside and took off my shoes in silent. “You’re late.” I sighed and joined the voice in the kitchen. “I’m sorry Yun-ah, I was busy.” I grabbed the water bottle inside the fridge and drank it. “You must be cold, let me make you a hot chocolate.” I threw the bottle in the garbage and sat next to him. “It’s okay Yun-ah,  I don’t need a chocolate. You will be tired for your classes tomorrow.”

 

“Noona, we’re Saturday tomorrow. I have no classes.”

 

“Really? It’s already Saturday…” I forgot I spent all my precious day off taking care of an Idol. The week to come was likely to be grueling. I couldn’t rest. “Anyway, Minji hurt herself in PE class today. Nothing serious, just a scratch on the knee. I treated her.”  I looked at him and ruffled his blond hair. “Noona!” I smiled. “Thanks for taking care of Minji.” He took his phone, his keys and popped on his coat. “You know you can count on me anytime.”

 

“I know and I’m glad to have you as my closest friend. I will treat you to a delicious meal next week.” I put my thumb up. “Okay?”  He smiled and nodded. “But Noona, I have a question… Do you by chance… have a boyfriend?” I shook my head. “Not as far as I know. Why?”

 

“You’re wearing a guy’s pants.”  I flushed. I forgot he was majoring in fashion designing. “I… kinda had an accident while helping my friend and I… he lent me some pants.”  He frowned skeptically.  “I promise I don’t have any boyfriend, nor any crush at the moment.” He giggled. “I believe you. Don’t be so dramatic, it’s not as if we were dating, right? Well, I’m off to sleep. Have a good night. Dream of me~” I showed him my tongue. “Not even in my worst nightmare.”  He laughed. “You’re so childish. See you~”

 

He put on his shoes and left after waving at me. I went to check on Minji. She was deep asleep in her bed. I tucked in her bed and kissed her forehead. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and went to bed, I set my alarm to 7 AM and sighed. Only three hours of sleep…

 

*~*

 

POV Jongin

Do Manager! Do Manager!

She began to cry, her make up completely destroyed. She began to dance on the table of the living room, singing really loud and off-key, holding an empty soju bottle as a mic.

It was currently 8PM and I was laughing my off watching the replay of my drama of the moment. The actress was so hot and so funny…. Ah~ Love can turn you so stupid in dramas, is it the case in reality? I wondered. I stretched myself on the couch and decided to pick something to eat in the fridge. The guys left early this morning to some random schedules while I was left alone, in the dorm. Today, I felt very good. I said good? Yeah, for the first time in days I had a good night sleep, peaceful, without nightmares, no woman, only the faces of my little puppies gamboling on a vast green field. And honestly, I didn’t even know why. I just remember two frail arms hugging me when the light went off. And I fell asleep. But still I couldn’t bear darkness.

I scanned the contents inside the fridge and nothing really caught my attention so I decided to order a pizza. I will dance more to eliminate the calories after. Right now, I needed western food, some fat western food! I called Domino’s Pizza and ordered a large Bacon Cheese with a extra cheese and extra mushrooms and a big bottle of Coca-Cola. My stomach was already purring like a cat, happy to be fed with such a delicious meal.

I grabbed a pack of potato chips which I knew belonged to Kris, anyway, and a can of beer to patiently wait for my order to arrive. What? I’ve always like to drink beer in front of my drama, got a problem with that? I jumped on the sofa, kicking my slippers away, somewhere far in the living room and lied on it and uncapped my can. I stuffed my mouth with some oily chips and watched my favorite actress on the screen until the dorm’s doorbell rang and startled me. I quickly swallowed what I was eating and nearly choked myself. I drank a gulp of beer to help the food go down and walked to the door, getting my messy hair in place. I watched through the peephole and saw the mass of hair. Only people approved by our guardian and the delivery boys could access to the elevator so…  THAT MIGHT BE MY PIZZA!

I took Suho Hyung’s spare credit card -I quote- ‘to use only in case of emergency’ — My growling stomach was an emergency, right? — and opened the door.

“You were quite quick this time—” I stopped on my tracks when my eyes met with a pretty girl wrapped in her big red scarf, holding a paper bag in her hand. She smiled at me and a strange feeling overwhelmed my body. I could feel my heartbeat double… or even triple.  

“Hi Jongin-ah” She calmly said and the way my name rolled on her tongue was beautiful.

Wait… Why was I behaving that way?

Qasjnahjsabsqahjsbqa. ...

Was this what we generally call…

Love at first sight?

Me? With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter