5. A ghost's warm hand.

I fell in love with a ghost?! (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I approached my hand to Jongin's head but I stopped mid-way. Han Jimin, you’re a complete outsider, touching him would be really inappropriate! I reminded myself.

 

"Jongin-ah, please..." Suho pleaded shaking him once more to get an answer.

"G...go away. ."

"Jongin-ah, I am not bad..."

"SHUT UP!! I DON'T WANNA HEAR YOU, SATAN!"

 

I crossed my arms and heaved a deep sigh. “I won’t go away until you face me correctly.” He wanted to play? Let’s just be stubborn. “Not in your wildest dream! Stop appearing in front of my eyes!”

 

I remained silent and asked Suho-ssi to leave us alone with a discreet hand gesture. He nodded and withdrew himself. I was watching Kai’s body moving at his breathing’s pace under the blanket for maybe five minutes. “Hyung… did she… disappear?” I kept quiet. “Hyung, are you here?”

 

He slowly pocked his nose out of the blanket. “Nobody?” He uncovered his whole body and took a deep breath. It must have been really hot, he was gasping for air.  I took this opportunity to catch one of his wrists and he let a really girly scream escape from his lips. “Calm down, Jongin-ah.”  I couldn’t use the honorifics knowing he was three years younger than me. Tears flew from his eyes and his voice was calling for one of his band mates to come and rescue him.

 

“I won’t harm you, I promise, just, look at me.”

 

He thrashed about. He tossed and turned like mad, nearly hitting me in the process.  I cupped his cheeks and he stopped moving abruptly. I fixed my gaze on his teary eyes and slowly cleaned the salty water with my thumbs. “Stop crying, I won’t eat you nor hurt you.”  I showed him my teeth in a tender smile and he avoided my face. “You don’t exist. You don’t exist. You don’t exist. You don’t exist.” He kept on repeating this while shaking his head. I pecked his cheek and his eyes opened wide. “Can a ghost kiss someone?”

 

“RAPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE! I WAS KISSED BY A MONSTER!!!!”  He pushed me away, making me fall on the ground and wiped his cheek with the fabric of his bed cover.  His right hand slipped under his pillow and reached a wooden cross.  He raised it toward me. “Vade retro satana!”

 

I bit my lip to prevent me from laughing at his foolishness. This Kim Jongin was beyond cuteness. “I will go now.” I stood up and moan in pain. The fall was quite painful and now my was sore.  “Y...You’re hurt?”  I looked at him astonished. He just asked me a question… To me? A supposed ghost, or monster or whatever his imagination convinced him I was?

 

“I…” The door cracked open and a freaked Sehun ran and jumped on Kai pressing him against the mattress of his bed. “Jongin, Jjanggu is crazy!”

 

Who’s Jjanggu? I wondered in my mind until my ears perceived something coming fast. The shape of an animal drew in the doorstep and I backed up. “D...Dog?”  The animal barked and hopped on the bed, attacking the two guys. Jjanggu was their faces, slavering all over the bed sheets. I was paralyzed. I wasn’t afraid of anything but dogs.  “JJ...Jjanggu-ah, down!”  Jongin tried to calm the dog but he wasn’t listening and I quickly escaped from the room. I bumped into Suho-ssi holding another dog in his arms. He flashed his breathtaking signature smile.  “Jjangah, say hi to Jimin Eonni!” The white puppy was about to jump on me when I unconsciously hid behind the other person who was there. It turned to be Kris-ssi. “I… don’t like… dogs…”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know. Those dogs are Jongin’s. His big sister just came and dropped them off to see their owner.” I nodded slowly and bowed to Kris. “I’m sorry for my sudden behavior.” He shook his head in a cool way and buried his hands in his pockets. “Dogs are not my style either. By the way, may I get your number please?” He cockily asked a smirk plastered on his beautiful face. I was about to reject him when something climbed on my leg. I lowered my head and there was a third dog…

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter