Nothing's Over

Nothing's Over

I ran home, as fast I could. I didn’t even bother taking the bus because I knew Woohyun would catch up to me. I felt bad for what I said and I wish I could take it back but it was too late. He probably hates me by now.

I laid on my mattress and stared at the desk Woohyun bought for me.

The next day I walked into the classroom and Woohyun wasn’t there early like he normally was. Normally I would ignore him and just sit down and listen to the lecture but I was kind of sad not to see his face there before I was.

I took my seat and listened to the lecture. I looked around the classroom and still no sign of Woohyun. I figured I should call him after class and apologize.

Class was over and I quickly took my phone out and texted Woohyun to meet me under the tree. I waited for about 30 minutes but he never showed up. I got up from under the tree and walked to the library thinking that maybe he would be there. He wasn’t.

I was scared at this point. What if he really believed what I said about getting lost and he actually went away. I called him but it would keep on going to voicemail. I called him a couple of times and still no answer. I didn’t know where he lived so I couldn’t go to his house. Where could he have gone?

3 weeks later on my way home from school and I saw someone at the rice cake stand in front of the university. I walked up to the rice cake stand and looked at who it was. It was Woohyun! I grabbed him by the shoulders and looked at him for a second just to be sure and sure enough it was. I hugged him really tight and started apologizing.

“I’m sorry Woohyun for what I said. I really am. Please forgive me. Please. I’m so so soo sorry. I didn’t mean anything I said. I swear.”

After my rant about how I was sorry, I let go of him and looked at his face. It was….different. His hair was shorter and it was brown instead of black and his face looked skinnier.

“Woohyun are you okay?”

“Hey, I have to go okay?”

And he left. I stood there still confused about what happened. It’s like my legs couldn’t move or something. I watched him walk away.

I went to my side of the room. Hara was there today, surprisingly. She was writing a new novel so there was paper scattered all over the floor. I had to jump over it to get to the side of my room. She told me that she was fully concentrated and she didn’t want any distractions, so I decided to go to the park and finishing reading my book for my class.

I walked over to the park and sat on a bench. There was kids everywhere and parents chatting around with it each other. I took my seat on a bench and opened my book. I heard a lot of screaming and laughter, but what do you expect when going to a park?

I heard someone scream “watch out!” but when I looked up it was too late. A ball landed straight on my head and bounced off. I felt a throbbing pain in my head and a little bit dizzy. The boy who threw the ball ran over and asked if I was okay. I nodded, rubbed my head a little and he ran away and continued to play with his friends. I looked to where the kid was playing and saw a guy that looked like Woohyun sitting on the bench with a girl. It probably wasn’t so I took my book and walked to a convenience store across the street to buy some ice. My head was throbbing like crazy and I needed some ice.

I walked across the street and bought a small bag of ice. I asked the person behind the register for some napkins and wrapped the ice around it. I sat on a chair outside of the store and put the ice on my head.

“Are you okay?”

I looked up. It was Woohyun!

“Oh! Woohyun!”

I looked up at Woohyun and got a closer look at him. Yea he was for sure the guy at the rice cake stand and I wasn’t being crazy at that moment.

“Where have you been?”

“Oh, um-“

The girl who was sitting next to Woohyun at the park walked next to Woohyun.

“Woohyun, I need to- oh whos this?”

She looked at him and then at me.

“Oh, shes my friend."

"Oh i see. Well Woohyun, im gonna go inside first."

“Oh okay nuna.”

“Nuna?”

“Yea. Well um, are you okay? What happened to your head?”

“Oh, some kid threw a ball at my head and I just got some ice and-“

He took the ice away from my hand and took the ice and started rubbing my head with it.

I felt embarrassed and my cheeks turning red. I managed to get some words out of my mouth.

“Woohyun, I’m sorry for what happened last time. I didn’t mean anything I said. I was just angry, at myself and at Myungsoo and I didn’t know what I was saying and I-“

“Its okay. I forgive you.”

“and I wanted to- wait, you do?”

“Yea.”

I smiled and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Um, Seungyeon…. I need to tell you something.”

“What?”

“Well I um-“

“Woohyun! Lets go.”

“Oh, okay nuna. Im coming.” He looks at me. “I’ll tell you next time okay?”

“Um okay.”

He walks away with that girl. I really wonder what he wanted to tell me. I was slowly walking back to my apartment and I figured I should pass by Myungsoo’s house one last time. I slowly walked to the front of his house. The garage was open. I hid behind a bush hoping he wouldn’t see me. There was a moving van in the front of his house and then I saw his face. He was moving in chairs and other furniture inside his house. I wonder what was going on.

“Oppa! Where should I put this?”

“Um, next to the coffee table.”

“Okay oppa!”

It was that girl again. She was at his house and helping him move stuff but why? I was curious and all of a sudden my legs started moving towards his house. Myungsoo got out of the truck and was carrying a lamp. He saw my face and put it down on the floor.

“What do you want?”

“I-“

“Oppa! I need help with- oh, ahem, hi.”

I didn’t even bother to look at her.

“Myungsoo, I-“

“Hey, if your back for your stuff, here.”

He hands me a box of all the stuff I gave him. The couple ring, the handmade cards, all the letters I wrote him, all the teddybears, all the pictures, everything.

“You can leave now.”

“Yea, oppa is helping me move my stuff into his house.”

Move in? I cant believe it. They were going to move in together. I held onto the box tightly and walked away. I didn’t even say bye.

I sat on my mattress and looked through the box. I was look at the pictures that we look together and the tears just started falling out. I cant believe our relationship was really over. My phone was ringing and I saw that I got a text. I wiped away the tears and read it.

It was Woohyun and he wanted to meet up with me. I got my jacket and ran to the park where he told me to meet him. When I got there, he was already there and waiting for me. I walked up to him and asked him what he needed to tell me.

“Seungyeon….. I have something important to tell you.”

“What? What is it? Please don’t tell me you don’t want to see me anymore or something. Please.”

“I have to go.”