Nothing's Over

Nothing's Over

“Hello?”

“Woohyun…?”

He arrived at my apartment 10 minutes later. I opened the door to my apartment and he there he was standing there, panting and out of breath.

“What? What happened?”

I ran to him and hugged him as tightly as I could and cried.

We sat down on my mattress and I told him what happened. He sat there listening to everything I was saying. Not even saying a word. I looked at him and looked into his eyes to see if he had any answers. Nothing.

He turned to look at me and gave me a hug. A long meaningful one. I just sat there with his arm wrapped around me. I didn’t want him to let go.

My phone was buzzing and I looked at my new message. Myungsoo texted me saying he wanted to see me and talk things through. I deleted his text and his number and told myself that I would never talk to him again.

After Woohyun had left, I sat there on my bed replaying what had happened between me and Myungsoo over and over again. The slap. That replayed in my mind. I have never slapped Myungsoo before. Well maybe playfully on the shoulder once but never on his face and never that hard. I felt guilty about it for a while and I just wanted to call him and say that I was sorry and that I want him back but I held myself together. I knew that I could not go back with him after what happened. I just couldn’t.

I walked to school and entered my class. Woohyun was already there sitting in the seat next to mine. Head on the table, eyes closed. I looked at his face from the doorway and noticed that he looked really innocent when he slept. Like a little kid.

“Ahem.” I turned around and saw my professor. “Oh, Sorry.” I moved to the side and he eyed me for a little and walked to the front of the class. “Class today we are starting a new lesson…..” I took my seat next to Woohyun and elbowed him. He didn’t move. “Aheeem.” I elbowed him again. No movement. “AHEEMM.” I elbowed him again.

I looked up and all eyes in that classroom was looking at me. I could feel my cheeks turn red. Woohyun lifted his head up and looked at me. “Oh, hi.” Professor walked over to us and told us that he would kick us out if we were disrupting his class again. I nodded, looked over at Woohyun and gave him a little glare. He just smiled and rubbed his head nervously.

Class was over and I got my books and walked out of the classroom. Woohyun followed behind.

“Sorry for almost getting you in trouble.”

I turned to look at him.

“What happened? Did I keep you up last night?"

“No, its not that.”

“Then what happened?”

“Its just that….I…...”

“What, what happened?”

“Well…. I went over to your jerk boyfriend’s house last night and gave him a talk.”

“House?! Where do you know where he lives???”

“It was pretty easy actually. He was laying on the front of his porch with a beer in his hand screaming your name.”

He was screaming my name? I couldn’t help but think about how much that jerk hurt me but maybe he didn’t mean to. He probably just lonely and wanted some company. Maybe that girl was really just his friend.

“Wait…. Why did you go to his house?”

“Well lets just say that guy isn’t going to be bothering you anymore.”

“What??? What do you mean?! What did you tell him?!?”

I knew he was only doing this to protect me but he was going a little too far. He went to his house??

“Nothing. Just some things, but that doesn’t matter.”

I felt a little annoyed now. How could he be going into my personal life? I needed to talk to Myungsoo myself. I didn’t need him to do this for me. I didn’t want Myungsoo to think I was a wimp and couldn’t talk to him myself. I needed to see him. I needed to straighten things out for good, on my own.

I ran down the street to the bus and went straight over to Myungsoo’s house. Woohyun tried following me but I wouldn’t let him. I needed to do this on my own.

Once I got to the front of his house, I banged on the door.

“Myungsoo! Myungsoo! Its me! Seungyeon! We need to talk!”

He opened the door.

“What do you want?”

“Myungsoo……”

“Go tell your new boyfriend to leave me the hell alone.”

I looked at his face. His eye was completely bruised and his lip swollen. I would’ve never thought Woohyun was this kind of person.

“Myungsoo, are you okay?”

“Leave me alone!”

“Please Myungsoo, we need to talk……”

“Are you coming here and begging for forgiveness or something? Well I don’t need you in my life anymore, okay?”

“Myungsoo….”

“We are done.”

“Myungsoo….”

“Cant you tell? I’m tired of you. Im sick of seeing your face!”

My eyes started to water.

“But Myungsoo….”

“I already found someone else. Now go.”

I still couldn’t believe this. Is this real?

“If its cause I slapped you I didn’t mean it. I thought things over and I just cant let go of you, so please…”

“Go!”

And he slammed the door in my face. I just stood there. Woohyun ran over, panting and out of breath.

“Seungyeon!”

He grabbed my arm.

“Seungyeon-I just wanted-to tell you-that-“

He was panting really hard. I could tell he ran here.

“Seungyeon-“

He caught his breath.

“Seungyeon-“

“What did you tell him?”

“What?”

“What did you say to him?”

“Oh. I um….”

“This is none of your business yennoe?”

“I know. Its just that- he hurt you-and I wanted-“

“Stay out of my business.”

“What?”

“Stay out of my life.”

“What? Seungyeon you don’t mean that-“

“Get lost.”