Episode 3

The Day I Lost my Visuals

Myungsoo couldn't keep from screaming into the quiet room as the women disappeared. Not knowing what to do he called Sungyeol with panic in his voice.

Unknowing the situation Sungyeol answered. "Hello?"

"Neh Sungyeol! Where are you?!"

"Funny thing, I was just about to call you-"

"Can you come over to my house?" he asked putting stress into his voice.

"Um...sure...but I was gonna tell you that they need you down here at the studio for the final revisions to the auditions"

Myungsoo couldn't believe it, how much he fell behind and couldn't recover from.

"It's urgent, can you come RIGHT now?"

"I'll be on my way" Sungyeol assured before hanging up. Myungsoo threw his phone on the floor and layed against the couch.

"Am I that ugly?" he asked himself while turning to face one of the living room mirrors. He could easily point out the uneven curves to his face. In fact, he could see the uneven marks of his eyebrows. "What am I going to do?" he mummbled to himself.

Quickly he ran into his closet and grabbed a hoodie and scarf. He slummped the hoodie over his head as it rested to the bottom of his hips. And then he wrapped the scarf numerous times around his mouth and chin line.

"Now what do I do about this mess?" he asked while pointing to his eyebrows and hair. He paced around the rooms a couple of times before rushing towards his bathroom. Quickly he opened the drawers at the bottom of his sink and pulled out a small pink case. It had been Ji eun's case whenever she'd spend the night over at his house. He ped it and pulled out the eyebrow pen. At first he didn't know how to use it, he had seen her apply it a few times and watched on television how women put on makeup...but he was confused as a log.

"Aish, women actually put this on their faces? It's like rubbing crayon on your face!" he complained trying to fix the shape in the mirror. When he finished, he matted down the ends of his hair (which was puffying upwards and curling in random directions).

Just then the door bell rang as he ran to open it. Sungyeol was waiting ready as ever, for the urgent news.

"What's wrong?!" he asked barging in like a cop.

"Come inside now" Myungsoo instructed as Sungyeol walked in. "Why are you wearing a scarf in doors?" he asked suspiciously.

"Because...I...I..."

"You aren't sick are you?"

"Ani- it's much worse..." he began. Myungsoo leaned in closely almost the speak in a whisper. "I...lost it"

"Lost it?" Sungyeol repeated thinking for moment. After a few seconds he let out a deep gasp and then a loud shreek.

"WHHHAAAAT?! YOU LOST YOUR ITY?!"

"Anianiani.....please I lost that a long time ago" Myungsoo shook his head while mentally face palming himself. "I lost my visuals..."

Sungyeol was quiet, and then a smile began to form on the edge of his mouth. "That's the stupidest thing I ever heard"

"NO...It's a serious crisis!"

"Come on, I bet it's just because you're sick" Sungyeol said rolling his eyes. "Oh yeah?" Myungsoo asked back while pulling down his scarf. It revealed the bare face in front.

"AIIISSSSHHHH! PUT IT BACK UP! PUT IT BACK UP!" he shouted.

"See!"

"What happened to you? It's like you aren't who you are anymore" Sungyeol said backing away from his friend.

"Well..." Myungsoo had explained the whole story about how he had ran into the witch at the bar and had became more closer to her than ever and had been stipped of his handsome face.

"How do you get it back?" he asked trying not to look at Myungsoo's face.

"She said that I had to change my ways from my lifestyle with my visuals"

"What does that mean?"

"I am not sure, but she said that everything I do and succeed in is determined by my looks"

"Aish-" Sungyeol said while looking at the message on his phone.

"...hey, the company is stating that they need you there right now for the finalizing"

"Can't they do it on their own?"

"No. And you are the one taking head of the company in a feel more years. Atleast show them that you want the job..."

"Fine I'll go" he complained but then panicked once more. "No one can know about this. Or see. If they find out, especially the media, I'll be ruined" he said wrapping the scarf around his mouth.

 

"We plan to narrow down the 500 auditions by tomorrow. We were told that we need to create the top 10 already"

"Are they insane?! Narrow down to 10 out of 500 in one day?!" one of the men complained.

"It isn't my orders, it's the head boss's orders"

Right then Myungsoo arrived just in time to take his leading role. "Thank you for joining us on such short notice Mr. Kim" the man said bowing and then stepping down to his seat. "There was no trouble" Myungsoo said still holding his scarf to his face.

"Um...Mr. Kim are you sick?" one of the men asked from their seat. Myungsoo gave them a look then looked at Sungyeol who was shrugging in the back. He stared back at the man and answered shortly.

"I guess I am coming up with something, but that will not interfere with our auditions"

"Is that so? Well your father assures us to create the top 10..." the man from before said pointing at the documents in front of him.

"...that's no problem, I can get them done by tomorrow" he nodded. The men in the room nearing gasped looking at eachother.

"In fact I'll do it at my own home. You guys can have the day off today. Meeting over" he said stepping down from the podium.

"But...but Mr.Kim-"

"Please, I can handle it in the comfort of my own home" he said nodding.

"You sure?"

"Possitive" he answered before exiting the building. Sungyeol was right by his side.

 

"Well that saved you a while to figure out what the hell is going on" he joked. Myungsoo continued walking towards Sungyeol's car.

"That's right...I'm not sure what she meant by teaching me a lesson. But for now I should get started on these auditions" he said slamming the stack of papers in the back seat.

 

Jimin was laying against her bed sleeping soundly. The noise of her alarm disturbed her instantly as she opened her eyes. Yawning loudly she turned to face the clock seeing that it was 9:30.

"Ahhhh! What?! It's almost 10! I slept in!" she complained holding herself. "That narrows my day away" she sighed.

Slowly she turned to her phone, which was resting on the hotel bedroom table.

"I guess I'll call him to get me when I get ready" she nodded sending the message.

 

She waited at the edge of the curb with her luggage in one hand and coffee in the other. The hotel was complimentry for the auditions and she was most excited to see her best friend she hadn't seen for the longest time. It was partially cloudy and it seemed as if it was going to rain. A few minutes later, a car pulled up in front of her, its engine running down. The drivers door popped open and a man stepped out. He brushed off his jacket nicely then looked up in his direction to see her.

"Jimin?" he asked walking over towards her.

"Is that really you?" she asked.

"Neh--you grew pretty...tall?" he asked holding out for a hug. She accepted and smiled. "It's good to see you Minhwan"

They pulled out of their hug and laughed examining eachother. "Why didn't you call earlier? I want to know how you did" he pouted.

"Sorry, I woke up late..."

"The same Jimin as ever" he joked while messing with her hair. "You know it" she smiled holding her hands against her face.

"We can take your stuff to my apartment and then we can go get something to eat" he said pointing towards his car.

"Sure" she said as he grabbed her luggage.

She jumped into the front seat as he loaded her luggage into the trunk.

"Okay, let's go" he said while starting the engine. She hadn't seen Minhwan for nearly 5 years. How he changed, gotten taller, skinnier, and a lot handsomer since the last time they saw eachother.

 

Sungyeol paced the floor thinking. "What could have cause this...and why?" he asked himself.

"I'm not sure, but can you talk in your head, cause I kinda have to fill ALL these auditions?!"

"My bad...by this all doesn't make sense...I refuse to understand how this can go against science" he repeated while looking over Myungsoo's shoulder. There was a few audition papers in his hand and a few on the couch. He examine the ones lying against the furniture. Suddently his eye caught something intresting. He picked up the paper and flipped it over.

"Who is this girl?" he asked pointing to the papers. Myungsoo took the time to put aside his work and leaned over to read the paper.

"...Park...Ji--min?" he sounded out reading the name printed on the paper.

"...hm...something's familiar about her..." he thought holding his finger to his lip.

 

A/N: Hello~^^ I'm sorry it was kinda short. How are you liking the story? Haha hope it's good. Anyways please wait for the next update :D