Chapter 8

Jealousy

EUNYOUNG POV

“Seyong Oppa?” You could hear the shock in my voice. Next to me Hakyeon was very still and tense. I think he assumed I was still not over Seyong. A girl neared Seyong and his arm immediately wrapped around her waist.

‘He already moved on’ I sigh gave away my disappointment and before I could say anything Seyong spoke up “I told you” I was confused until he nodded in Hakyeon’s direction.

Then he continued speaking in our silence “I told you, you would end up with one of them. One of your close friends”

I was taken aback by his  confrontation that I could speak. Neither could Hakyeon Oppa. This time it was Seyong’s girlfriend that spoke “Oh you’re the girl? Luckily I was there for Oppa when you two split” She smirked.

Oh I already hated her when she made an appearance… now I despise her even more. I still couldn’t speak as fury raged through my mind. I think Hakyeon could tell I was upset but I never imagined what would happen next.

“Yeah? And luckily I’m here to do this” Hakyeon punched Seyong’s face and hurled him into the floor “Do you understand how much pain you’ve put Eunyoung through?” He pointed at me and took Seyong by the collar filled with anger. “She may look strong but she’s gone through a lot. Now you confront her about dating me? Seriously she will never like me because she loves you and as much as it pains me to say that it’s the truth. She thought you loved her back and now you prance along the streets with this chick. What a jerk. I may not get the girl I like but at least I don’t treat girls like crap”

Everyone in the movie theatre was staring at the scene. Security had even come along trying to stop Hakyeon from leaving but he just took me by the arm and led me to see the movie. I could hear Seyong shouting behind us as tears fell down my face.

We entered the cinema and seated ourselves. The movie would start in 5 minutes so I took this chance to thank Hakyeon for his efforts. I looked at him slowly, his eyes focusing straight onto the black movie screen waiting for the movie to start. You could tell he was still full of anger. I hesitated but I needed to say this… it was the least I could do. He still had feelings for me and I didn’t realise… so I needed to at least say thank you.

“Oppa…” He turned to me slowly and wiped a stray tear. He looked me in the eye and nodded for me to continue “I’m sorry… and uhm thank you for doing that for me”

He smiled softly. ‘I’m glad he understood how I was feeling’. “You know… we don’t have to watch the movie anymore…” I said softly

Hakyeon shook his head “It’s okay. We should watch this but on one condition. You need to stop crying because the movie hasn’t even started yet”

‘He could always make me laugh’ “Thanks Oppa” I squeezed his warm hand in return and reassured him I would be okay.

--

After the movie Hakyeon and I went into his car and he began to drive me home. We spoke about the movie and our thoughts about it but all I wanted to truly say to him was ‘sorry’ and ‘thank you’. Yes, Hakyeon probably could’ve handled the situation better without hurting Seyong but I wouldn’t have gotten out of it if it weren’t for him.

“Oppa… thanks again and you probably wouldn’t want me to give the girls your phone number anymore right?” What was I thinking before trying to set him up with other girls… when he still liked me.

Surprisingly though Hakyeon smiled “You know what. That’s okay. You can give them my number”

I was happy Hakyeon Oppa was very accepting and understanding. That’s why he was my best friend.

He dropped my off at my house and called out from the car “Don’t forget to get a good rest. We have school tomorrow!” I smiled and waved as he drove off

Now I was determined to find Hakyeon Oppa a good girlfriend. He needed one who would appreciate all of his efforts. He may not completely like her now but knowing him he would try and soon realise his love for her. ‘Hakyeon Oppa is a good guy, just not for me’

I smiled unknowingly whilst remembering the eventful day. Yes, I may have cried because of Seyong because truth be told… I wasn’t over Seyong. We dated for quite a while. It’s hard to try to hate a person you’ve loved for ages. But the day made me realise the good things I had. I had two good boy friends; Hongbin and Hakyeon who would support me through everything.

It’s just difficult when people who you want to date are afraid to date you because of your best friends. Why couldn’t they be understanding like Zinni? She knows I’m good friends with Hongbin but she never thinks Hongbin will cheat on her with me. I collapsed onto my bed snuggling myself up with the blankets and pillows. “My best friends are too good to give up” I told myself

-----

Hi ~ Just a filler chapter and quick update before the MAIN PLOT begins… so please bare with me ^^ It’s a good way to know Eunyoung’s thoughts as well so enjoy –Daestarlight x  P.S sorry for any mistakes made in the chapter