A Proof of an Existence

A Transparent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ending is here, at last...

 

 

Today was the day for Art Exhibition finally. It explained all those chaos and the commotion. The committee members were trying hard to control the event and guide all the guests to make the event went smoothly without any trouble.

The crowd was loud outside of the building and shouting could be heard from here and there.

Hyoyeon was glad she chose to stay in the class, fixing and adding the ornaments and decorations for the celebration after the exhibition. The exhibition was held in the hall in another building so that she was having her own little freedom from mixing and squeezing with the crowd.

“Hey, where is Kris? I need more photographs from him!” She could see some guys in Photography Department were talking when she threw her glance outside of the window. They looked obviously anxious, searching for this guy called Kris.

“Kris is definitely not here unless he has turned into a cat.” One of the guys held up a black cat in his hands, cracking some jokes to ease the tense atmosphere.

Chatters continued to grow as the clock past 10 am. That was the time when the crowd became bigger.

She was almost finished with all the decoration when she noticed that the curtain seemed off. She took a chair nearby and climbed up, trying to fix the curtain.

 “Do you need help, Hyoyeon-sshi?” Asked a familiar, sweet voice from her right side.

She turned around and saw Suho, one of her classmates. “Oh, Suho-sshi. Thanks, but I think I can handle it. Besides, I am almost done here.”

“Oh, umm, if you need any help, just call me.” The handsome boy that looked like a guardian angel offered.

“By the way, can you find some pins? This curtain is loose and I need some pins to support it.”

His smile became bright. Maybe he was glad that he could be of help. “Okay, I will ask Jessica to bring it to you.” He said and turned around immediately to search for Jessica.

She heard his footsteps going faint as he left her. She smiled after he left, glad that he finally remembered her name. Deep in her heart, she wished they could become closer and drop the honorifics someday.

Then, she heard another footsteps coming closer. She turned around again, expecting it to be Jessica just to see Luhan.

“Wow, you are doing a tough job for a woman.” She thought she heard him chuckle, but the sound was too quiet for her to be certain.

“Luhan! I don’t expect to see you here.” She said, trying to balance herself on the chair when it started to wobble a bit as she moved suddenly.

“I’m preparing to catch you in case you are going to fall.” He opened his arms widely as if trying to catch her.

“Oh, don’t be silly! I’m not going to fall.”

Just then, a gorgeous woman approached them. She had these doll-like features, the kind you usually saw coming out of Barbie movies, the kind that made every girl became self-conscious just by staying in the same room. Her hair was brown, gently waving to the middle of her back. But, her stoic gaze earned her the title Ice Princess among the students.

“Here, this is the clips that you wanted.” She held out her right hand as her left hand was holding on to something that looked like a bundle of pamphlets.

Hyoyeon tried to grab the pins but she moved too hastily and her feet suddenly slipped. Luckily, she was saved by Luhan who was standing nearby and fell into his arms instead.

“And I thought that you don’t need any help and you are not going to fall.” He was trying to suppress his laughter. His eyes were wickedly amused.

Hyoyeon freed herself from his arms. “Laugh if you want to!” She retorted. He was unquestionably shaking and his face of trying to suppress his laughter looked more annoying, as if asking for a punch.

“Ahaha! That’s so funn---” Unfortunately, he could not finish his sentences.

BAM!

Luhan stopped laughing when he was punched in the stomach by Jessica. In one way, Hyoyeon was glad Jessica did it on her behalf.

“What are you laughing at? And, you! What are you doing here? You are not even helping,” Jessica said icily, making Hyoyeon thought she really did fit the title Ice Princess.

Luhan grimaced. “Excuse me. I just helped Hyoyeon from falling down. It counts as helping too. Besides, I’m from Acting Department, not Art Department. Do you always have poor memory?” He mocked.

Hyoyeon could see Jessica was blushing. Uh-oh, she knew this reaction!

BAM!

Once again, his stomach fell victim. Hyoyeon made a small reminder in her head to not ever make Jessica angry.

“I think that this ‘exerting violence to cover up my anger’ bad habit of yours needs some amending. If this goes on, my body won’t be able to take it anymore.” His face crumpled in pain.

“I am not mad!” She denied with her nasally high voice.

Jessica was charming when she used her voice to sing especially when she could hit high octaves impressively. But, while it was true that Hyoyeon loved her voice, she did not like the high voice when Jessica was angry.

“Ah, whatever! Here, help us to distribute these pamphlets.” She shoved the bundle of pamphlets that she was holding on earlier to Luhan and turned her back.

Just as she started to walk away, she looked like she remembered something and turned back to face them, “Oh, by the way, Hyoyeon, tomorrow I will make you lunch as thanks for helping me with my painting.”

Luhan snickered, “And I will buy the stomach medicine.” He interrupted.

DUSH! BAM!

“Ok, see you later.” With that, Jessica strolled gracefully away from them, in a fashion that would break any ballerina’s heart.

“Errr… are you okay?” She choked back the laughter that threatened to explode but a small giggle managed to get out despite her efforts.

Luhan glowered at her. “She really doesn’t take jokes well, doesn’t she?” Luhan cringed in pain after being kicked and punched by Jessica.

“Congratulations! It looks like you just used up her quota of patience for the day.” Hyoyeon chuckled while Luhan could only grimace in silent. “Let me help you with the pamphlets.” She kindly offered. After all, she had been trapped in the building, decorati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter