In the Rain

A Transparent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It became a habit for Hyoyeon to be hanging around the river after her class. It was four days away from the exhibition when Lay suddenly made a request.

“Can you help me write a letter?”

His request was for her to write down his words for he couldn’t touch the pen anymore. With his face all red, Lay left a thankful message for his best friend, Luhan.

“And, end it with que sera sera.”

“Que sera sera?” Hyoyeon lifted her head from the letter she was writing. “What does it mean?” Hyoyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

“Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be.” He explained in quiet, musical voice. “It is a Spanish phrase. It is a popular song from 1956, you know. Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future is not ours to see.” He sang. It sounded enchanting.

“Wow, it is beautiful.” She said in surprise.

“Yeah. The first time I heard this song, I don’t really care. But now, after I meet you, I truly appreciate its meaning. The future is really not ours to see.” He laughed a soft, mysterious laugh. A laugh that closed the subject.

 

“For me?” That was Luhan’s first reaction when Hyoyeon gave the letter to him. “He embarrassed me once again.” He commented while laughing after reading the letter.

“His face was all red. It was very cute.” Hyoyeon agreed with another laugh while remembering Lay’s red face.

Luhan saw her laughter. “You must have loved him dearly.” He smiled an impish grin when he saw her rosy cheek.

“Who would not love him? He is so much better than you,” She teased in her last effort to hide her embarrassment.

“Aigoo, typical woman in love. They become blind.” He sniffed, a clear case of sour grape. She wondered when was the last time he was compared like this.

Hyoyeon bit her lip to hide her smile. “Hurt your little pride, did I? But, maybe you can be a better friend.” She added.

“Friend?” His eyes narrowed.

“The thing is, I make a promise, no, I was forced actually, to make 100 friends in his place,” She threw a glance at Luhan, “Do you want to be my first friend?” Hyoyeon held her hand out in a friendly gesture.

“Sure, why not?” He smiled blissfully, shaking her hand. It was so easy to make Luhan happy.

Through the hand-shake, a friendship sprouted.

As for Luhan, something more than friendship sparked, which he quickly denied.

“I should tell Lay that you love him.” He was grinning that playful smirk again.

“Oh, no, you can’t!” Hyoyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter