Heartbreak Painting... or Not.

A Transparent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Art Department was holding an exhibition. A lot of people could be seen at the gallery. They came to see the exhibition. There were a lot of arts being displayed, from the ranges of photos, paintings and sculptures.

“Hey, look here! I like this painting!” One of the visitors exclaimed to the other man beside him, while pointing at one of the painting hanging in the frame. The painting showed the azure blue skies. Five birds were drawn flying in a formation, making the painting looked very attractive. The mixture of crayons and watercolors used to draw the painting added to its uniqueness and made the painting looked real. His eyes wandered and he noticed the plate under the picture that read ‘Kim Hyoyeon’.

“I see. Of course, it’s your type, isn’t it, Lay?” his friend took a deep glance at the picture too.

“Is it? It’s really my type. I love soft world.” The man called Lay agreed. He was smiling, looking immerse on his own thought. He closed his eyes, his face looked so peaceful and calm.

Their conversation was heard by a girl nearby. She was smiling brightly hearing the last comment.

And that was the second time Hyoyeon encountered Lay.

Smiling softly, he was talking like he just found a peaceful world as he saw her painting. Since then, she had always wanted to touch that soft atmosphere that was surrounding his handsome and peaceful face.

That was the story of one year ago…

 

It was Visual Inquiry subject when the news hit their department.

“Hey, have you heard!? Zhang Yi Xing, Third Year of Acting Department student, just passed away!”

That day, the news not only stormed the Art Department, it also stormed Hyoyeon’s heart. She could feel like a lightning just struck her heart.

Hyoyeon stood motionless. ‘Lay… Passed away?’ Like a glass that fall into a hard brick and shattered into tiny little pieces, that was how her heart felt at that moment.

She could hear the whole class was chattering about the shocking news. How she hoped the news was false. Even if it was true, she desperately hoped that it referred to another Lay, not the one she'd always admired. But, there was only one Zhang Yi Xing in the Acting Department. The one that went by the name Lay. The one that was among one of the hotties in the campus. The only one that could shake the whole campus into a big turmoil with his death.

“Yesterday…” The girl that brought the sad news trailed off while ending her story.

‘He died yesterday? But, why? He was still young.’ Hyoyeon's heart skipped a bit.

“I heard his condition worsened during the summer.”

‘Is that the reason why I haven’t seen him after the summer break?’

“He had always been sick…”

‘And I don’t even know that. He always showed this healthy looks. Like he was going to live for another one hundred year.’

“Everyone knows that his heart is weak.”

Now, her legs felt weak. She reached for her chair and sat quietly, feared that she might fall down any moment. Then, she reminisced back the memory she had together with Lay. There were not a lot to remember actually. Just that she had been admiring him for as long as she had remembered it.

The first time she saw Lay was at the college entrance. Her thought at that time was, that guy was so cool.

'Lay, I only dare to admire you from afar...'

“I’m really shocked!” The chatter continued.

“I’m even more shocked than you are.” One the girls agreed.

“I can’t believe it!”

She could not believe it either. She had always looked at him from afar. Hyoyeon concentrated on listening to their conversation that she could not even hear her heart was beating.

“I can’t hold back my tears.” Hyoyeon could see the girl that sat in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter