Change

Sanctuary

“Krystal, stop annoying me!” Sulli snorted.

 

A week passed since Tiffany’s birthday and everyone knew of Jessica’s condition as their eyes are glued on him. To Sooyoung, Jessica and Sulli, Yoona’s word rings a bell for them. They tried to look for the certain thing that had changed in them.

 

“Sulli, just once, teach me this”, Krystal pleaded as he tries to get her attention.

 

“Krystal didn’t change much, he’s still so naughty but he didn’t know Tiffany that well”, Jessica thought to himself.

 

Jessica had nothing to do since his best friend, Choi Sooyoung and his assistant, Goo Hara banned him from working his at his own office and called Hyoyeon to watch over him.

 

“Krys, why are you here anyway?” Hyoyeon asked when she appeared with a food of tray in hand.

 

“It’s because she’s my classmate and she’s the smartest person I know”, Krystal defended.

 

“Woo, if I know Krys you like our baby Sulli”, Hyoyeon teased.

 

After hearing her aunt, Krystal almost spilled his drink.

 

“W-what are you saying aunt? D-don’t joke something like that and besides, I-I’m here to study”, Krystal replied as he wipes the spilled liquid in the side of his mouth.

 

Jessica watched them as he smiled at Krystal’s antics. It made him think that he was once like that to Tiffany.

 

“Daddy, are you okay?” Sulli asked Jessica.

 

“I’m fine baby. Daddy just needs to rest, don’t worry about it”, Jessica replied to his daughter as he patted head.

 

“Okay, don’t over work yourself daddy. Sulli will get mad”, she said threatening her father.

 

“Haha, okay baby. Daddy will be going to his room now to sleep, okay?” he said to his daughter before kissing her in the head, he also informed the group.

 

Jessica walked to their room. As he opens the door and shuts it, he slowly approaches the bed and slowly lay down feeling the warmth of the mattress. Shifting his movements on the bed, Jessica faced the wall where Tiffany’s pictures are hanging. He thought to himself that this was not the life he wanted nor he wished but this is what he was given. He closed his eyes and let his imagination do its job and let it run wild.

 

“Hey Jess, you awake?” a very familiar voice called out for him.

 

“T-Tiffany?” he answered back.

 

He tried to adjust his vision from the light, he was moving. He could feel it and the warmth he longed for was there. He quickly got up when he felt that it was too real. He was shocked in the view in front of him…it’s her.

 

“Hey Jess, long time no see”, the girl said accompanying it with her eye smile.

 

“T-Tiffany…you’re alive”, he voiced out.

 

“Don’t be silly Jess, I’m not. I’ve been dead for the past six years”, she replied as she chuckles.

 

“T-Then…am I dead?”

 

“Not dead either, I’m just visiting my husband”, she replied.

 

“Wait…but how?” he continued to asked.

 

“Enough questions from you. I only have a limited time you know”, she paused. “Can’t you just be happy that your wife is here…that I’m here with you?” she continued as she held Jessica’s face on her hands.

 

“You’re right. I’m sorry”, he said. “I’m sorry Tiffany, I’m sorry for everything, I’m sorry that—”

 

“Are you going to keep on doing that? I might as well leave now”, she said in a bit irritated tone.

 

Jessica just shook his head as he looks at Tiffany in front of him.

 

“Good, by the way the ring’s beautiful oh and also our baby Sulli’s getting prettier as well”, she started.

 

“Thanks…and about Sulli, she got it from you”, Jessica stated as he smiles.

 

“About that boy, Krystal, be careful at him, I can sense he likes our baby Sulli”, she added.

 

“I know, don’t remind me”, he replied shaking his head. “Did you do this with the rest?” he asked.

 

Tiffany shakes her head as she looks at the monitor of the train. The train had come to a stop and Tiffany got off. Jessica was about to join her when Tiffany stops him from putting another foot outside the platform.

 

“It’s not yet your stop, Jess. You can’t leave baby Sulli behind, yet”, she said as she points at Sulli who was inside the same platform as Jessica.

 

“Take care of her, don’t worry about me I’ll still wait for the day that the two of us will meet once more; the day that we can finally be together, forever. Goodbye for now Jessica”, she added when the door close between them.

 

Jessica opened the train’s window to say something to Tiffany but when he was about to spill his words, a gust of wind knocked him out. The next thing Jessica found was waking up from his short nap and he was surprised to see that he had knocked himself off the bed.

 

“A…dream?” he asked himself.

 

He thought about it but there is this something that’s keep on telling him the otherwise. It felt too real to be a dream, he thought. If it is indeed a dream, how come Tiffany’s scent lingers, the warmth of her hand on his face and her sweet angelic voice. He keeps on reminiscing on what happened. Then there’s a knock on his door.

 

“Jessica, are you okay?” Hyoyeon asked as she opened the door.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine”, he replied sitting on his bed. “What time is it anyway?” he asked.

 

“Six? Thirty minutes since you slept, or should I say, napped”, she replied.

 

“Thanks. How’s Sulli and Krystal?” he asked again.

 

But he knew to himself that that wasn’t just a short time between him and Tiffany. It felt like hours. He knew his time with her was longer than that and knew that it was not an illusion either.

 

“Krystal just went home and Sulli is downstairs”, Hyoyeon replied.

 

“Daddy, what’s the matter?” Sulli asked as she popped out at the side of the door before walking inside the room.

 

“It’s nothing sweetheart, mommy was just here”, he said to his little girl.

 

Hyoyeon was confused at what Jessica had just said, and what’s even more confusing is when she looked at Sulli and yet the little girl wasn’t even surprised. Instead, Sulli just smile.

 

“How’s mommy?” Sulli asked her father.

 

“She’s fine baby. She said thank you for the gift, she likes it so much”, Jessica replied.

 

“Yay! I knew it. She’d like my gift better than yours, daddy”, she happily shouted boasting her gift.

 

“W-wait a minute you two, can you see ghosts or what?” Hyoyeon said bewildered about the situation.

 

“Hmm, I guess? How about you baby? How did you know? She said she only did it to me”, Jessica wondered as he asked his daughter.

 

“I don’t see mommy like you, but I can hear her”, Sulli replied with a huge grin on her face.

 

Jessica and Hyoyeon were shocked at Sulli’s remarks. Jessica was even more shocked after hearing that his daughter can hear her mom. He was also lying about what he said up until now.

 

“And what does your mommy saying now baby?” he asked Sulli one more time.

 

Sulli looked at him. “You’re lying daddy. She never told you about the gifts, though she told me that mine was so much better and yours was old style”, Sulli answered. “She also told me that dinner would be a burnt one if aunt Hyoyeon won’t attend to it”, she added before looking at her aunt.

 

Hyoyeon furrowed her eyes towards Sulli but she smells something burning downstairs. She gasped as she remembers that she was cooking dinner. She hurriedly runs towards to the kitchen leaving Jessica and Sulli alone.

 

“Sulli baby, can you tell mommy that I’m scared of you right this moment”, Jessica pleaded as he shows Sulli the hairs on his arm standing up.

 

“We know”, Sulli replied with a laugh as she went out of the room happily.

 

As soon as Sulli was out of the room, Jessica thought to himself that he should do what Tiffany had asked him to do or she would hunt him. The next morning, he got up early not bothering to wake Hyoyeon or Sulli. Grabbing Hyoyeon’s car keys, he drives himself to the hospital to have some consultation with his doctor. He asked for his doctor and was told to wait in the waiting area just outside the doctor’s room. Moments later, Jessica was admitted inside the room to have some talk with his doctor.

 

“So doctor, is my condition treatable? I mean, can it be cured? You know”, Jessica asked,

 

“Well yes, but we can’t say for sure. Since this requires the will of the person if he/she wants to be cured. From my past experience with people having the same case you are having, seven out ten of them gave up on recovering however, the three pushed through”, his doctor explained.

 

Jessica pursed his lips together. “I’m prepared for anything”, he started.

 

The doctor looked intently towards him. “Well then we must first find the reason why you forget certain things”, he stated.

 

“How can we know?” he asked.

 

“In most cases, it is because it involves traumatic experiences earned from accidents, important memory or even a person but sometimes, the person experiencing this disorder tends to do it to himself to save himself for being abnormal. We’re saying about the capability of living a normal life since it may affect how the brain circulates”, he explained.

 

Jessica looked at him. “The only thing I can remember or I could think was the car accident six years ago”, he said.

 

“Did anything happen after that?” the doctor asked him again.

 

“Well I can no longer drive automobiles and anything related to that and also, I tend to forget about electronics as well”, he answered back.

 

After hearing Jessica’s remarks, he smiled. “Well Mr Jung, I’ll tell you this now. You are cured yourself”, he said.

 

“Excuse me? How come?” Jessica asked with a confused look on his face as he moves forward the doctor’s desk.

 

“That is because you overcome it already. Let me explain. Firstly, you overcome what hinders you to regain your loss memories. Second, you came here alone and I assume you drove here?” he asked earning a nod from the latter.

 

“Yes…but what’s so important about that?” he asked.

 

“And finally Mr Jung, driving was the key”, the doctor smiled tapping him on the shoulder. “I think you should go Mr Jung. You would figure it yourself eventually. Send my regards to your friends for me”, he added.

 

Jessica exited his room as he bows thanking him. He leaves the hospital with confusion in his mind. He was confused on what his doctor told him. Jessica enters the car as he starts the engine. Holding the steering wheel, he decided to visit the beach to clear his mind and try to figure out what his doctor told him. He still can’t ponder on what he just said to him. He arrived at the beach as he parks the car on the side of the road and walks himself near the shorelines, there he sat. His phone suddenly rang when he was in deep thoughts.

 

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!” the other person on the line shouted.

 

Not realizing he was gone for an hour or two and added the fact that he didn’t tell anyone about it. “Hey Sooyoung, don’t worry. I just went to see the doctor”, he said.

 

“Not to worry? Yeah you disappeared suddenly without leaving something behind of course I won’t worry about it. God Jessica, I know you’re driving as well. Hyoyeon’s car is missing!” Sooyoung replied angrily.

 

“Sorry Sooyoung, I just need to do this on my own for a while”, he replied and he put his phone down.

 

He smiled and just thinks for a little while longer as he watch everything being told in front of him. Enjoying the scenery in front of him, the sun reflects on the ocean as the soft breeze of wind embraces his whole body. It looked like time has stopped itself as he watch the fascinating horizon, with no worries, no problems. His mind was as clear as a blank sheet of paper and he was at peace, finally. Time passed so quick for him as he continued to stare at the magnificent horizon. The sun was setting and he knew his problems ended that day. He knew Tiffany wanted for him to be happy, and he knew it was time for him to let go of the guilt.

 

---

ayo! happy new year! XD it's kind of late, but still! happy new year!

and all those dating announcements are killing me. first yoong and now, SOO?! really? 

maomao, don't you even think about it! not yet! XD 

oh well~ here's an update :) enjoy guys... prepare some tissues! XD