Sweet dreams or a Nightmare

Sanctuary

Alright...before i begin on posting this chapter, i would like to clear things out since i'm having the same trouble in SSF (SOSHIFIED).

So basically, the common things cited were, why jessica and krystal's name was retained. I PLANNED ON DOING THAT. I DID THAT ON PURPOSE. 

so the question now is, WHY? 

Let me just explain it briefly. I didn't change their names into something more suitable for a guys' name because it would lose the sense in their character and i'm not that kind of an author. Also, Jessica had a different case unlike her other member whose name can be change into a boyish one like for example:

 

Taeyeon changed to Taeng/TaeTae/Taengoo

Yoona changed to Yoong/Yoongie

Yuri changed to Yul

Sooyoung retained (since Sooyoung is a name for both girls and boys)

 

In the case of Krystal, her name can be uni  like Amber's name. Other uni name like, (louise, Alexis/Alex, Stephen, and etc.) So you see, changing one's name is a very important matter. You can't just change their name for the sake of the story, and besides... it is just names, what is important is the flow of the story in where the characters came into the minds of the readers as well as the author themselves. 

Alright... i'll stop there, i'm losing space in this one. I should start now. ENJOY READING ~ <3

 

------

 

 

 

“Hey Jessica, wake up we’re here”, Sooyoung said as he tries to wake his friend.

 

“Huh? Where?” Jessica groggily replied.

 

“Office…Documents…Drop off?” Sooyoung said flatly.

 

“Ah…sorry, I’ll be quick”, Jessica replied as he unbuckles himself.

 

“You sure you’re alright? You want to make a stopover at the hospital?” he asked Jessica.

 

“Don’t worry. There’s no need for that”, he said as he shut the door of the car before entering the shop.

 

“Hara, I have the documents you asked”, Jessica said.

 

“Okay sir. Thank you. I ‘ll get to it later, just please leave it at the table”, she replied as she organize some stocks.

 

“Noted. I’ll leave them here”, he said as he puts the documents down. “I’ll pick up something in the room then head out. Take care of the shop for me”, he added.

 

Hara finished what she was doing and went at her table. She searched for the documents Jessica left but she can’t find where they were. She saw the documents resting at the shelves a few distances away from her table.

 

“Hara, I’ll be heading out now”, Jessica said as he comes out of the room.

 

“Sir…I’ve been meaning to ask…” she said worriedly but she saw Jessica passed out on the floor. “Sir?! Sir?! Jessica! Hey are you alright?! Sooyoung! Sooyoung help!” she shouted.

 

 

Light…

Darkness…

Then light…again.

 

 

He tried not to flinch from the light. He tried to move his body but only managed to move his right side of his body.

 

“Jessica…don’t move…you’ll stress your body”, a man’s voiced echoed to his hearing sense.

 

He looked at the person to recognize who it was but his eyes was heavy and his head was still in pain after the ordeal he passed through.

 

“T-T-Tiffany”, he muttered with great difficulty.

 

“She’s fine Jessica. She’s resting next to you”, the guy said to him.

 

He was too preoccupied that he didn’t notice the look of the man nor his expression. He mustered all of his strength to look at the girl sleeping silently beside him.

 

“Jessica…just rest okay?” the guy insisted.

 

Jessica did what he was told and closed his eyes and succumbs himself to the fatigue.

 

“Hey…it’s time for a switch”, Hara said as she enters the room.

 

“Oh Jessica just woke up for a second ago, just let him rest more”, Sooyoung said as he stood from the chair. “I’ll just rest and eat something. I’ll be back in a while, but call if anything happen”, he added as he walk out of the room.

 

Sooyoung had only walked a couple of feet away from the room when his phone rang. He fished out his phone before answering the call.

 

“Hey, how’s their condition?” the person on the other line asked.

 

“Jessica just woke up for a minute or so, while Tiffany still hasn’t regain consciousness. How about Sulli? How is she handling things?” he stated.

 

“She’s not doing so well. Krystal and I are keeping her pre-occupied but nothing seems to be working. She wanted to stay there in the hospital”, Hyoyeon replied in a low tone.

 

“Bring her when everything is fine. As for now, do your best to take her mind set out off the topic”, he said before ending the call.

 

It’s been two weeks since the accident and everyone are still worked up. The condition of the two is still unknown for them. The doctors had tried their best but told them that the rest are up to the couple. Tiffany’s parents arrived and are always at the chapel praying for the safety of both of them. Jessica’s parents manage the vacant store as both Hara and Sooyoung insisted as they overworked things which are not good for the old couple. Yuri and Yoona visits occasionally with news on the investigation of their accident. The man’s lover and parents wasn’t convinced that Jessica didn’t cause the accident, and so the two volunteered to find the truth.

 

“Sooyoung”, a man’s voice called for him at the cafeteria.

 

“Yuri? What’s up”, he asked.

 

“We found a lead that would free Jessica from the accusation filed on him”, he stated.

 

“Good. We must finish this before Jessica wakes up again”, he replied. “Jessica will have a lot on his hand when he regains his consciousness, with their wedding and all”, he added.

 

“Do you think they would move the date or will both of them continue even with their condition?” Yuri asked with a worried expression on his face.

 

“Knowing those two, of course they’ll push through it”, he replied.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona had join Hara in looking after Jessica and Tiffany’s condition.

 

“Hara, do you remember what the doctor said when they were admitted two weeks ago?” Yoona asked.

 

“About their condition?”

 

“No, about the other one”, she stated.

 

“You mean THAT, Why are you asking?” Hara asked as she faced Yoona.

 

“Just wondering, when would they tell us? I’m her best friend and she hadn’t told me anything”, she started.

 

“Maybe they are still not ready to tell us. It’s a big thing for them, and now it’s gone”, she sadly replied.

 

“Y-Yoona”, Jessica uttered in such weak voice.

 

Yoona walked towards Jessica and checks about his condition.

 

“Hey”, was the only thing Yoona could say to him.

 

“S-sorry…I c-c-couldn’t p-prot-tect them”, he utter almost crying.

 

“How long have you been listening?” Yoona asked.

 

“S-since the s-start…I g-guess”,

 

Yoona looked at him. “It’s not your fault Jessica; don’t ponder on it too much”,

 

“Sir, how are you feeling? Do you need anything?” Hara asked as she helped Jessica to seat up on the bed.

 

“No. I’ve rest long enough, how is she?” Jessica asked.

 

“She’s resting Jessica, she got tired waiting for you to wake up”, Yoona lied.

 

“Oh…then it’s my turn to wait for her”, he replied.

 

The door creaked opened as the three check who it was, there came Yuri and Sooyoung.

 

“Oh! Jessica you’re up!” Yuri said as they closed the door behind them.

 

They all waited for Tiffany to wake up. Jessica didn’t utter a single word as he look at the sleeping girl.

 

“This time, I won’t take my eyes off you”, he whispered to himself.

 

Sooyoung went to sleep at the couch while Hara sat next to Tiffany cutting some apples. Jessica never took his eyes off Tiffany. He would take naps then waking up and look at her again. He did this without fail for three weeks but he never saw Tiffany wake from her deep slumber. The doctor gave him the privilege to walk around and move to exercise his body but all he did was stay beside Tiffany and hold her hand.