Wedding Day

Sanctuary

 

People seated quietly inside the church as the head priest makes his to the altar from the back chamber. He then looked at Jessica and then finally to Tiffany. The head priest then started with his preaching about the wedding. As soon as he started with his preaching, Tiffany’s parents also started to let their tears out. Hyoyeon held Sulli tightly in her arms refraining the little girl to cause any ruckus inside the holy place. Yoona maintained her composed self as she bit the guilt raging through her veins. She was breaking inside. Yuri held her close to his arms. Sooyoung is holding Hara and Krystal as he held his tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

 

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to witness the union of Jung Jessica and Hwang Tiffany”, the priest then opened his remarks.

 

The preaching continued without any problem. And soon, the priest was at the point of ending their wedding preaches.

 

“To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for riches or for poorer, as long as you shall live, till dea—”

 

“I’m sorry father, but I will always love her even in death. It will never change, we will not part ways”, Jessica interrupted the head priest on his last sentence as he spoke those words. He then looked at Tiffany intensely.

 

The priest was almost shocked at his remarked but he continued on agreeing with Jessica’s remarks on the exchange of vows.

 

“Is there anyone here that doesn’t want for this two to be one? Speak now or forever hold your peace”, he said as he asked everyone. “No. Then I shall pronounce you two husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride”, he continued after a minute of silence.

 

Jessica slowly lifted Tiffany’s vail and kissed her passionately at her forehead, he looked at her intently as he couldn’t hold his tears anymore. He couldn’t control the emotions devouring him, he couldn’t do anything.

 

“I love you Hwa—, Jung Tiffany, and I will always love you no matter what”, he said as he tried to hang in for a little while longer. “I will miss you, but I won’t say goodbye yet, I will say see you later, okay?” he added as he kissed her at the forehead once again.

 

The head priest witnessed it and after giving them some time alone, he walked towards Jessica and tapped his shoulder. Jessica looked at him before he can comply. The priest then prayed a short prayer then closed Tiffany’s coffin.

 

“Hey Jessica, you okay?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Huh? W-what happened?” he asked as he caresses his head.

 

“You passed out earlier. We’re at the hospital now”, Sooyoung explained at Jessica as he only stare back at him as he explains.

 

“Sir, we talked to the doctor and according to him you might have a memory loss”, Hara added.

 

“I know. It’s no big deal, I just forget what things are called”, he said calmly.

 

“But sir this is a big deal, you have this six years. When would you tell us?” Hara asked him.

 

“In due time, but I was going to tell after our wedding anniversary”, he replied to Hara.

 

“Daddy, are we still going to mommy?” Sulli asked as she walked towards Jessica.

 

“Yes we are honey; I’ll just have to convince this two. I’m fine”, he replied to his daughter as she pat her head.

 

They were in an argument about whether they should go or not when the doctor came inside the room.

 

“Am I interrupting something?” the doctor asked.

 

“No sir”, Jessica replied.

 

“Okay. Well, we have your result here in my hand. I know they already told you about…your memory loss, but you passed out because of overworking and your body didn’t consume enough nutrients that lead to body fatigue. But you are free to go now. Be reminded that you have to take more check-ups now because of your condition”, the doctor explained as Jessica nods in return.

 

“See? So don’t worry, we have to go to Tiffany. I’ll get a beating if I’m late”, he said as he pattedSulli’s head again grinning to the two.

 

Sooyoung and Hara sighed as they give up. Jessica signed some papers and paid for the hospital bills for his discharge. They continue their way to Tiffany’s grave as Hara went back to the shop.

 

“Is this the reason why you can’t drive anymore?” Sooyoung suddenly asked Jessica.

 

“No, it’s not the reason, I’m just scared that I’ll cause another accident”, he replied as he looks at Sulli who is sleeping peacefully at the back seat.

 

“Then why not tell us sooner?” he asked again.

 

“I just thought it was temporary and it will just go away”, he replied.

 

“Six years isn’t temporary”, Sooyoung retorted.

 

“Sorry, I’m just scared”, Jessica uttered in a weak voice.

 

“No matter, you are now FORBIDDEN to go to work from now on, just take care of the kids”, Sooyoung stated.

 

The drive was very silent and was very long; Jessica looked up at the sky hoping that Tiffany is looking down on him. After an hour of drive, they finally arrived at their destination and saw Yoona holding some flowers on her hand as she stands in front of her late best friend.

 

“Hey Yoona”, Jessica called the attention of the girl.

 

“Hey Jess, I see you still give her that”, Yoona said pointing at the Totoro doll that Jessica was carrying.

 

“She likes this, and it seems even in her grave, no one can touch what’s hers”, he replied as he smiled looking at the five identical dolls seating next to her grave, untouched.

 

“Mommy would like this as well”, Sulli said as she waves a pink unicorn on her tiny grasp.

 

“I know she would like it, especially that thing is pink”, Yoona said as she smiled at Sulli’s actions.

 

“You changed”, Sooyoung said at the back with two bouquets on hand.

 

“Me? Why?” Yoona asked her.

 

“You smile a lot now a days”, he replied.

 

“Now that you mentioned it, he’s right”, Jessica pondered as he looked at a smiling Yoona.

 

“I guess she did this to us”, Yoona replied looking at Tiffany’s grave.

 

“Us?” Sooyoung and Jessica asked in unison.

 

“You’re no longer a cold person at heart, you’ve matured. And Sooyoung, Hara told me that you don’t eat that much anymore”, she explained almost laughing.

 

“Aunt Yoona, how about Sulli?” Sulli asked as she tugs Yoona’s skirt while pointing to herself.

 

“Our baby Sulli? You’re no longer a cry-baby, and you don’t watch too many shows”, she replied pinching the little girl’s soft cheeks.

 

“Can you…guys leave me for a moment? I want to talk to Tiffany”, Jessica asked the two.

 

Sooyoung and Yoona looked at each other before smiling. They nod as they agreed to have her little time with his deceased wife. Sooyoung carried Sulli as they started to walk away from Jessica and Tiffany.

 

“Hey there baby. It’s been six years already right?” Jessica started as he sat in front of Tiffany’s grave. “You know what, even though I always visit you here, I just want you to know I’ve been missing you, and I still love you. You know that, right?” Jessica said as he holds his tears in place.

 

“I’m sorry Tiffany, I still need to obey your dad and Sulli needs me, but I hope you could still wait for me? Please? You could spare another five years or ten years maybe?Also, there wasn’t a day that I don’t think about you. I even see you in my dreams”, Jessica paused as he looks up to the sky from time to time.

 

“Are you enjoying the gifts I’ve been giving you? This one will be the sixth now, and our baby Sulli, bought a pink unicorn doll for you. She picked it herself this time. She told me that you’ll love it once you’ve seen it. So, are you happy? Sulli will be asking me that earlier”, Jessica smiled as he paused again. “…She’s growing up to be such a fine lady, just like you”, he continued as he placed his gift and Sulli’s next to the five dolls.

 

Jessica traced Tiffany’s name on her tombstone as his tears finally escaped his eyes. Sobbing from the pain his feeling, he tried not to make any sounds as he cries but it was no use as emotions got the best of him. Balling his fist as it stays at her tombstone; Jessica held his face with his other hand as he continues to cry his heart out loud. Wiping his tears away was not useful as his tears flows like and endless stream. His face flushed bright red as he held his face with his two shaking hands. Fingertips and earlobes were bright red as well as his body shivers.

 

The cloud started showing signs that it will rain anytime soon but Jessica didn’t mind it at all. Yoona asked Sooyoung to fetch Jessica but he shook his head. Telling her to give them more time, they need it. Yoona just agreed with him as the three of them enters the car as they wait for her return. The rain started pouring as Jessica remained seated in front of Tiffany’s grave. He was smiling and yet crying at the same time. He repositions himself from seating to kneeling. He then hugged Tiffany’s tombstone for the last time. He hugged the tombstone feeling and wishing that Tiffany will be doing the same thing. Slowly letting go of the hug, Jessica kissed it one last time before standing up.

 

“Baby, I’ll come visit you again. Wait for me okay?”

 

 Jessica said as he caresses the grave of his wife before letting go. Walking away from the grave, he looks back one more time and it was his eyes playing tricks on him or that’s what he thought, he saw Tiffany smiling back at him as she waves him goodbye. 

 

--

going to be updating this one again and again!

advance happy holiday to everyone! <3