Silence

Sanctuary

It has been a week since Tiffany’s birthday and everything seemed normal, except for Jessica taking care of Tiffany, obsessively. Sooyoung and Hara started to go out and Yuri and Yoona who openly revealed their relationship. It was late in the afternoon and Jessica was busy with his shop. He was in his office sorting out some documents when an unexpected guest arrived.

 

“Still busy as usual?” a woman said as she entered Jessica’s office.

 

“Sorry sir, we tried to stop her”, Hara followed inside the office.

 

“It’s okay Hara. You may go now”, he said and gestured his assistant to leave the room.

 

His face has a mixture of both surprise and joy when he saw the girl walked inside his office. He gestured the girl to take a seat and sat directly across her.

 

“What brings you here in Seoul, Hyoyeon?” he asked.

 

“Can’t I visit my non-blood related brother once in a while?” she replied with a smile.

 

“Yeah…it’s because you love me so much”, he said sarcastically.

 

“HAHAHA. I just came back from America and I don’t want to check-in to some hotel. It’s a waste of money you know. So I thought about crashing at you place”, she replied with a smile.

 

“Why not at dad and mom’s place then?” he asked.

 

“I don’t want to bother them Jess. And besides, the city is too far from there”, she replied.

 

“Do I have a choice? Alright, you may stay at my place but don’t cause too much commotion there, got it?” he said when suddenly they were interrupted by a young girl who entered the room quickly as she cried.

 

“Daddy! Krystal’s being mean to me again!” the girl cried at his lap.

 

“Its okay sweetheart, don’t cry. Just tell your uncle Sooyoung so that he could punish Krystal for you”, he replied to the girl with a wink.

 

Sulli walked out from the office door and went to Sooyoung who acknowledged Hyoyeon inside his office.

 

“So you have a daughter? How come I wasn’t aware?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“She is not mine per say but she still is my precious daughter”,

 

“Hmm. Oh well, it’s not like I’m going to deal with a pregnant woman now am I”, Hyoyeon joked.

 

“You have no idea”, Jessica whispered.

 

“Excuse me? Did you say something just now?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“It was nothing. Nevermind that. Come, I’ll introduce you to everyone so you won’t get bored waiting for me”, he replied shaking that idea out his head.

 

Jessica and Hyoyeon exited his office and walked around the shop for a short tour.

 

“Sir, Sulli won’t stop crying”, Hara said when she spotted Jessica and Hyoyeon.

 

“Sorry, but I don’t know what to do”, Sooyoung added.

 

Hyoyeon walked towards the crying Sulli which surprised everyone that she just shows a fluffy doll to the girl and she instantly quieted down as she hugs it tightly.

 

“H-How?” Sooyoung asked Hyoyeon from behind.

 

“I saw her shirt and shoes so I used my little magic”, Hyoyeon said as she points at the fluffy theme shirt, “My brother seems to spoiled her too much”, she then added.

 

“Yeah right and you’re not even carrying that stuff until now!” Jessica said to Hyoyeon. “Anyway, Sulli baby, what do you say when someone gives you something?” he added as he kneel down at Sulli.

 

Sulli looks up at Hyoyeon before smiling from ear to ear. “Thank you!” she said happily.

 

“You’re welcome. I’m Hyoyeon, daddy’s sister. You can call me auntie. And what’s your name?” Hyoyeon said as she pats Sulli’s head.

 

“Sulli”, she replied shyly.

 

“Nice to meet you Sulli”, Hyoyeon smiled. “By the way, can you tell aunt Hyoyeon why’re crying?” she added.

 

“Krystal is being mean to me again and she keeps on saying mean stuffs to me as well”, she replied.

 

Hyoyeon furrowed her eyes. She looks at Jessica who looks at Sooyoung. Finally she looks at Sooyoung.

 

“H-He’s my nephew”, he said.

 

“Hmm. No wonder…” she whispered. “Hey, if he bullies you again, tell aunt Hyoyeon okay?” she said to the girl as she wipes the remaining tears on the side of Sulli’s eyes.

 

“Sir…Tiffany and Yoona are here”, Yuri said as he appeared from behind the group.

 

“Well this is convenient”, Jessica whispered. “Let’s go, I’ll let you meet them”, he added.

 

Hyoyeon picked Sulli up and leaves with the group to meet Tiffany and Jessica who were waiting for them at the lobby of the shop.

 

“Tiffany, Yoona, I want you to meet my annoying sister, Hyoyeon”, Jessica stated while pointing to the woman who was carrying Sulli in her arms.

 

“This is Yoona, Yuri, Hara and my fiancé to be, Tiffany”, he continued pointing at each one.

 

“You have a fiancé? That’s new”, Hyoyeon said.

 

“Well get used to it. You two will be roommates”, he added.

 

Everyone inside the room were shocked at Jessica’s statement excluded Sulli. He still hasn’t told them about Hyoyeon staying at his house.

 

“Anyway! How long are you going to stay here in Korea?” Jessica suddenly changes the topic.

 

“A week at best, maybe. I’m just here to fix some things and take a vacation as well”, she replied.

 

“Oh I see. Then go back here on 2nd of October for my wedding, okay?” Jessica added.

 

“Sure. Better get going, I still have some important things to do today. I just dropped by. It’s nice meeting everyone”, Hyoyeon said as she put Sulli down. “I’ll drop at your place later”, she added.

 

Hyoyeon then leaves the shop hurriedly and left Jessica with prying eyes set on him about her sister staying at his place for a week.

 

“So I’ll be here roommate for a week then?” Tiffany stated in a cold tone.

 

“It’s only for a week baby. And she’s my sister. Please Tiff?” he pleaded to her girlfriend.

 

“She can stay at my room daddy”, Sulli said as she tugged Jessica’s shirt.

 

“Aww. Thank you my little angel”, Jessica said as he kissed Sulli on the head. “Well then, I still have paper works to finish, so please excuse me”, he said as he excused himself to the group and returns to his office.

 

“Wow! You really got him under your thumb Tiffany”, Yoona said as she took Yuri’s hands, “Well then, I’ll borrow him now”, she added.

 

“I think we’ll go too”, Sooyoung added as he took Sulli’s hand and Hara’s as well.

 

Tiffany sighed as she watched them leave. She then went to Jessica’s office to have a talk with him and apologize for her actions a little while ago. Slowly opening the door and closing it afterwards, she went to where Jessica is.

 

“Jess…sorry for bursting out at you, it’s just the hormones talking”, she said.

 

“I know, don’t worry about it”, he replied. “It’s been a week with all the mood swings that I guess I’m used to it now”, he then added.

 

Tiffany wasn’t satisfied with his answer and she still thinks that he’s mad at her. “Hmm, let’s go have a date tomorrow, sounds good to you?” she said hoping to lighten up the mood.

 

Jessica stops on whatever he was doing before looking at Tiffany with a smile. “Sure, it sounds pretty good”, he said.

 

Jessica kissed Tiffany’s hand and caressed it. The two stayed in the office quietly. Jessica holding Tiffany’s hand with one of his and his other hand was busy continuing his work.

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung together with Hara and Sulli played just outside Jessica’s office as there’s little to do at the shop. The three were playing with the crocodile mouth; the looser would obey the winners’ request.

 

“Uncle Soo, be my horse!” Sulli said.

 

“Jeez, why do I keep on losing to her?” Sooyoung protested as he obeys Sulli and acts as a horse.

 

“You’re just unlucky with this kind of game”, Hara stated.

 

Sulli was enjoying her time with his uncle and aunt that the three of them lose track of time. On the other party, Yoona and Yuri went to a restaurant for their date and somewhat Yuri can’t look at Yoona’s face. Every time he looks all he sees were flashing lights from cameras. He knew this would happened but not at this magnitude.

 

“Are you bothered?” Yoona suddenly asked Yuri.

 

Yuri looks away as he nods and kept silent. He doesn’t want to speak anything as he might say something that may jeopardize her girlfriends’ job. He fished out his phone, type something on it and press the send button. Yoona felt her phone vibrate and looks from the SMS she received, she then smiled at it. The two continued with it till the end of their date, neither of them talking.

 

Back at the shop, Jessica and Tiffany went out as Jessica was done with his work. They were about to close the shop when a question pop into Jessica’s head.

 

“Hey Sooyoung, can you baby seat Sulli tomorrow? Tiffany and I will have our date you see”, Jessica asked.

 

“Sorry Jessica, but Hara and I will be going out tomorrow as well. And here I was hoping to bring Krystal to your place to play with Sulli”, he replied scratching his head.

 

Thinking of an idea on how to resolve their problem, he thought of one. He fished out his phone and dialled up a number.

 

“Hello, Hyo?”

“Yup, speaking. Sup bro?”

“You free tomorrow?”

“I am”,

“Good! Babysit Sulli and Krystal for us tomorrow, as a favour for staying at my place”,

“Say what?! But I was hoping to sleep in tomorrow”,

“My house, my rules”,

“Yeah yeah, fine…I’ve got nothing to do anyway”,

“Thanks! You’re a big help. Well then, laters”,

 

Jessica then put his phone down before placing it back to his pocket. “Problem solved!” he then did an okay sign to Sooyoung.

 

After closing the shop that night, Jessica and Tiffany bid farewell to Sooyoung and Hara as they made their separate ways to their home.