Brake or Breakfast

Sanctuary

Darkness.

Then light.

Then darkness devours him…again.

 

Shifting movements, he tried to communicate then he found that he couldn’t. Tiffany, was the name he wish to utter, he needed to know if she was alright.

 

But…he couldn’t.

 

He tried to open his eyes, trying not to flinch at the surge of the pain crawling in his body every time he tries to move. “Ti-Tiffany”, he noted with horror and displeasure. He was gaping at the figure covered in blood, battling for her life as the surgeons tried their best to keep both of them alive.

He tried to reach out to her, hold her, and tell her everything’s going to be alright.

His body was going on seizure as the surgeons rushed and tried their best not to lose him. Shocking him for a couple of time just to make sure he remains with his consciousness.

 

“Wake up”, a voice of a young girl resonates in his ear.

 

Clear!

 

“Daddy, wake up!” the same voice called out once more.

 

“Daddy!” it shouted again.

 

Feeling a shift movement on the bed, he groggily opened his eyes as he looks at the active girl jumping up and down his bed, waking him up.

 

“A…dream, huh?” he whispered placing a hand over his face. “Baby, why did you wake daddy up?” he asked the girl.

 

The girl had a questionable look as she stops from jumping and seat up straight on the bed as she looks at her father. “It’s mommy’s birthday…did you forget?” she ask.

 

“Of course not…I just want to sleep more and re-energize”, he said jokingly.

 

He stares at his daughter and smiles. He then pats the child as he removes himself from the bed. “Go and wash first, daddy will fix us some breakfast”, he continues.

 

The little girl grins as she did what his daddy told her and hurriedly exited the room as he follows her. The week before had been consumed with restless nights with documents to be read, to be approved, and to be sorted out. Jessica worked through it, for a special day was fast approaching. Being an entrepreneur his age, everyone had high expectation on him. His business is going big with people around the world were getting engrossed with Korean objects and the county itself, so he made assured he took grasp of it. As he head downstairs to the kitchen to fix some breakfast, a hand taps him on the shoulder startling him.

 

“Jeez, Sooyoung don’t sneak up on me like that. You know very well I hated that”, he said abruptly.

 

“Cold as ever, but it’s always fun scaring the hell out of you. Setting that aside, how about it? Are you still going to do it?” he asked as he grabbed an apple in the dish and munch on it.

 

Raising an eyebrow, he asked his friend. “Huh? What are you talking about?”

 

“WHAT? Did you forget? We just tackled this yesterday…Anyway, so how about it? Are you expanding the business in America?” Sooyoung once again asked as he threw the leftover apple on the trash bin.

 

It happened again. After that incident, he kept forgetting every detail. He knows how a fork works or phone but he can’t remember what they are called. Jessica counted the years and told himself sternly it’s been six years already. At this rate he’ll forget a lot of things. He has to tell someone about his condition or it may be too late.

 

He sighed.

 

“Sure…I’ll let you manage the business there. I know you’ll fit in there just right, you giant vacuum post”, Jessica retorted back.

 

“Hey now, how can you say that to your own best friend?” he replied as he grabbed a slice of bread.

 

“That’s enough of the food and get out of my kitchen Sooyoung! NOW!”

 

He shouted at him as he chases him out. Sooyoung run for his life as he enjoys the bread he just stole. The two friends were busy bickering that they didn’t notice a woman walked in the kitchen.

 

“You do know it’s too early for this comedy act. Is this how you two wake a birthday girl?” she said in the midst of the commotion.

 

She was beautiful, she was sweet and that thought alone made Jessica’s heart ablaze with passion.

 

“Tiffany, did we wake you up?” Jessica asked. “Happy birthday baby…so what do you want for breakfast?” he added as he lands a peck on her cheek.

 

Tiffany leaned in closer before whispering. “Of course, I want you for breakfast”,

 

“This is making me sick”, Sooyoung said out of the blue as he stares at the two. “Person over here”, he added pointing to himself.

 

The couple laughs at their friends’ antics and breakoff. Jessica continues to make breakfast while Tiffany went over to the door and was about to leave.

 

“Oh? Tiffany, aren’t you going to eat breakfast?” Jessica asked as he holds a pan.

 

“I’ll eat at work Jess, don’t worry”, she replied with a smile.

 

Her eye smile reflected the bright crescent moon on a romantic night. She was Tiffany Hwang; a model and soon the wife of Jung Jessica. She was a shrieking tempest and a whirlpool on her work but became a sort of rooted, wishful tree beside Jessica. Her lips were finally capable of smiling and was plump with ripe of youthfulness.

 

Men had often described her being a sad and lonely maiden but after meeting Jessica, it all turned around. Some call her a maiden as bright as gem, with her personality both professionally and privately. They said there was a fire on her lips and red hair that nobody had gotten closes enough to kiss.

 

Tiffany bid her farewell to the two before going out. Jessica refocused his attention on his cooking. On the other hand, Sooyoung took a chair and sat on it as he observes his friend.

 

“So Jessica, when’s the wedding?” he suddenly asked.

 

“In two months’ time”, he said and shyly smiled.

 

Jessica smirked pathetically as he continues working with the breakfast; his fingers felt for an egg and toast and, hum a lullaby.

 

“Daddy…breakfast?” the little girl asked while holding her tummy.

 

Sulli, his daughter; isn’t really his daughter but he felt obligated to adopt the girl as her parents left her at his porch one day.

 

“Yes honey. Now go seat with uncle Sooyoung, okay?” he ordered Sulli.

 

The little girl obeyed her father and sat quietly in the table with Sooyoung, Jessica then served their breakfast and they ate quietly.

 

“Sooyoung, can we stop by the store before going to Tiffany’s?” he asked as he clean up the dishes.

 

“Sure we got some time to do that”, he replied while playing with Sulli.

 

The three then went to the car. Jessica buckled up Sulli’s chair at the backseat before they went off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

A/N

 

chapter 1 out. so how was it? ^^ hahaha..

we're working out to what should be the cover photo of this tear jerking story hahaha!

oh well, tell us what you think :))

comment, subscribe and the likes. <3

toodles for now ~ <3