Sometimes movie clichés happen

My Debts Paid

A smile spread across your face as you entered Top’s number in your brand new phone.  Your roommate Haeryun had finally taken you to get it. A week had passed and you were worried that Top might have forgotten that he gave you his number.

“Hey you want my number right?” Haeryun looked at you and waved her phone.

“Oh yeah.” You typed in the numbers as she said them and hit save. You felt relieved now that you finally had someone to call in Korea who could help you if you were ever in trouble. Haeryun was your guide to all things Korean and you were lucky the school paired you up with her. She spoke great English and helped you learn Korean, an added bonus. 

“So are you going to call Top or what?” She looked at you and grinned. You had told her about your adventure with Bigbang. She of course had fan girled out at first but then became calm and even teased you over it.

“Why you want me to let you call him for me?” you were only kidding and waved your phone in front of her face. Suddenly it was out of your hands and in Haeryun’s. You lunged for it but she saw you coming and turned while pressing the call button. You started panicking. 

“Please don’t!” you were waving at her in desperation but all you saw was an evil little grin as she put the phone to her ear.

“Annyeong haseyo, is this Top?” you heard her pause and then continue in Korean. She started talking excitedly and you heard your name mentioned several times. She even shot you a grin every now and then. Finally she said, “You want to talk to her?” then suddenly she was shoving the phone at you.

 

“Um… hello?”

“Hey _______. You finally got a phone. I was wondering when you were going to call.”

Shocked you said “Really?” then you realized what you said and smacked your head with your hand ‘Great. Smart _______ real smart’ Haeryun looked at you and laughed.

Top then said, “Yeah the debt has been bugging me all week.” You sighed deflated of course he was worried about that. It was only a measly $10 though.

Glumly you replied, “So when do you want to pay that back?”

“Hmmm well I’m busy today and tomorrow. I’ll text you when I’m free is that okay?”

You really couldn’t do anything else so you just said, “Yeah that’s fine. Well bye.”

You hung up before Top could say goodbye. You were embarrassed and sour after the conversation.

“Happy now.” You scowled at Haeryun.

“Aw come on you wouldn’t have called him if I didn’t do it for you. You know you love me.” She grinned wide and wrapped her arm around your shoulder leading you back to the university.

You were busy the next two days getting used to your new life in Korea and for the preparation of University to start. 

On the third day you waited expectantly but no text came. You brushed it off because you knew he must be busy. When a week had passed you had given up. Haeryun kept telling you he was an idol so he was super busy. You knew this but you still weren’t happy.

The weekend rolled around and Haeryun wanted to take you out to the clubs. You reluctantly agreed you didn’t often go out dancing but it was a new experience. You left the University around nine and arrived at the W hotel (a high end hotel)

“I thought we were going clubbing?” You turned to Haeryun confused.

“We are this is like an exclusive party. Why do you think we’re wearing these dresses?” You did find it odd when she pulled out the dress you had on now. Haeryun had pulled out some name brand dresses (apparently her family was a little loaded) and basically shoved you in one. You didn’t think it was a good club dress but you wouldn’t know so you had trusted her.

Haeryun dragged you along to the entrance where she greeted the security. You were ushered in right away.

“Do you come here a lot?” It seemed like the security knew her.

Haeryun smiled at you but didn’t say anything. You were in awe. It was so glittery and everything sparkled. Electronic music pulsed through the room and you saw a mass of people dancing. Everyone looked like a supermodel and your mouth gaped open.

“Come on let’s get out on the dance floor.” Haeryun dragged you along and you found yourself engulfed by bodies. You were uncomfortable at first but soon you were having a blast. A couple of hot guys came over and you and Haeryun just had fun dancing with them. You looked at the guy dancing with you and he looked familiar. You smiled at him then turned to Haeryun and whispered, “Is it me or does he seem familiar?”

Haeryun laughed out loud and whispered back, “Well he should look familiar you have some of his songs on your Ipod. His name is Choi Dong-Wook but you know him as Se7en.” You suddenly stopped dancing and looked at her. Haeryun laughed at you and turned you around, “Just dance with him. Don’t think of him as an idol but a normal hot guy.” You looked at Se7en or Dong-Wook and smiled sheepishly.

“It’s alright I don’t bite.” Shoving your nervousness you just decided to feel the music.  After a bit you became thirsty and Haeryun took you to the bar. “”I’m not 21 yet.” You said as Haeryun handed you a champagne glass.

“Your 19 which makes you 20 here so that makes you legal.” You were really thirsty so you took a small drink. You made a face it wasn’t the best taste in the world but you had no choice. Then suddenly Haeryun squealed and turned you around. Walking through the door you saw all the members of Bigbang.

“I didn’t think they’d actually come!”

“Wait what do you mean you didn’t think they’d come?”

“Well I invited them. I invited everyone.”  You looked at her confused.

“Wait… What?”

“This is my party. My parents own the hotel.” Your eyebrows shot up.

“Um why didn’t you tell me?”

“I have to get to know people first before I can trust them. I trust you, you’re my friend.” You didn’t know what to say but you didn’t think long because Haeryun dragged you along with her to greet Bigbang.

“Hey Jiyong, Dae, Youngbae, Seunghyun.” Haeryun waved to them and then you heard Seungri protest.

“Hey what about me?” Seungri started pouting.

“Oh I’m sorry do you hear that.” Haeryun turned to you pretending not to hear him. You smiled then looked up to see Top looking at you. You smiled and hesitantly said, “Hey”

Seungri then saw you and gave you a hug. “Hey _______ Hyung has been so mean he wouldn’t give me your number so I could call you.”

“She wouldn’t want you to anyway.” Haeryun injected grabbing you away from Seungri. You could tell Haeryun was majorly flirting and Seungri was flirting right back. You waved awkwardly to the rest of the members under Haeryun’s arm.

Jiyong smiled at you and turned to Haeryun “Thanks for inviting us we need some down time.”

“Please you know whenever there is a party you’re invited.”

“Well of course cause I’m the party.” Seungri squeezed himself between you and Haeryun.

“Hey maknae be good!” Daesung lightly hit Seungri’s shoulder.

Suddenly Youngbae said “Well I’m ready to dance.” Everyone laughed and agreed. Soon you were all on the dance floor. Bigbang was at the center, they were basically surrounded by everyone. You didn’t really care after your initial shock of seeing them you were okay to just dance. Not paying attention you let the music flow through you. At one point you were dancing between Jiyong and Youngbae they both moved so well you became a little self conscious.

“You don’t need to worry you have natural rhythm.” You looked up surprised Jiyong was looking at you smiling.

“Uh thanks.” You were totally blushing. You heard him laugh and your heart started fluttering. You continued to dance and found yourself with Daesung. He was dancing funky to make you laugh and it was working. You were having the time of your life. Suddenly hot you pushed your way out and walked toward the bar. You grabbed a drink and headed to a little alcove outside to get some fresh air. You stopped and closed your eyes. Everything was so perfect. The night, the party, Korea, your life all of it was good.

Suddenly you heard “Hot in there isn’t it.” Startled you spilled some of your drink on your arm.

“Omo!” Top walked toward you and pulled out a handkerchief. “Here let me help.” He used the handkerchief and wiped the drink off your arm.

You looked at him and forgot your embarrassment. “It seems whenever I’m around you I become a klutz.” Top looked up from wiping your arm. He didn’t smile or do anything, he just looked at you. Unable to look at him you turned your head away and said, “Thanks.”

“Here you can have this.” He handed you the handkerchief and you took it slowly brushing hands with him. The hairs on your arm stood on end suddenly. ‘Wow this is totally cliché’ movie stuff, what’s up with this?’

You and Top just stood there awkwardly looking around then out of the blue he said, “Sorry I never texted you.”

“It’s alright I understand. You’re an idol your busy I get it. It’s only a couple of bucks anyway.” You could tell he was looking at you but you just looked up at the sky.

“Do you want to come to a concert sometime?” stunned you looked at him bewildered.

“Um… Top you really don’t have to do that.”

“You are fan I think you should at least see us once in concert.” ‘fan yes of course.’

Hiding your disappointment you just shook your head.

“Haeryun will drag you there against your will anyway. She’s a huge fan of us so she’ll want to spread the love.”

“Fine, fine okay I’ll go.” You sighed exasperated.

Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows at you.

“How about I text you the date and time?”

You whispered under your breath, “Yeah look how well that went the first time.”

“I said I was sorry about that.” You looked up and realized you didn’t whisper soft enough.

“Sorry…”

“No it’s okay I’d be mad if I didn’t hear anything when someone said they would contact me.” You suddenly felt like he was referring to when you didn’t contact to him.

Suddenly a gust of wind blew causing something to get in your eye.

“Ow!” You reached for your eye.

“Here let me help.” Seunghyun grabbed your head and gently tilted it up towards him. He blew softly on your eye getting rid of the dirt. You found yourself staring at him with your lips inches apart. You started trembling and a tingle ran across the surface of your skin.

Softly you whispered, “Thank you.” Seunghyun continued to hold your head and just stare at you.  Then you said, “You have amazing eyes.” And slowly reached up and softly traced just above his eye. He closed his eyes and exhaled slowly. You felt his body tremble ever so slightly. Then as swiftly as it happened it ended. Seungri barged out and you both jumped back so fast. Seungri was oblivious and dragged you both back inside.

The rest of the night your mind drifted back to that scene. Seunghyun danced with other girls and didn’t look at you the rest of the night. You weren’t too bothered by it since Jiyong danced with you which helped you stay in the present.

By early morning you and Haeryun just decided to stay at the hotel. Once you hit the soft white bed you were out. But your last image was of those piercing eyes. Eyes that could somehow see into your soul.