Darn Elevators

My Debts Paid

You woke up to bright light flooding your room. You squinted and looked up to see Haeryun opening the window blinds.

“Rise and shine we have a big day ahead of us.” She cheerfully clapped her hands and tried to pull the covers away from you.

“Hey!” As she dragged the covers away you noticed Seunghyun’s jacket tangled in the blanket. She raised her eyebrows and smirked at you. “Honestly I don’t know how that got there.”  You snatched it away and put it swiftly on your desk.

“Well maybe your subconscious mind told you to sleep with it… Maybe it’s saying you like a certain someone and you’d like to sleep with him.” She grinned and wiggled her eyebrows making you blush.

You quickly denied it “No! It’s not like that.”

“Well you just keep telling yourself that.” You just shook your head exasperated. You knew whatever you said she’d just twist it around to fit her fantasy.

You just rolled your eyes at her and then remembered the rude awakening, “Hey why’d you wake me up!”

“Oh… because YG himself invited us to have lunch with him today.” She was jumping up and down excitedly while it took you a minute to absorb what she said.

“Wait, he wants to eat with us?”

Haeryun quickly shook her head up and down, “Yes! I’m so happy! I’ve wanted to meet up with him for the longest time but he’s not very sociable and the Bigbang members are buttheads and never helped me out.” She frowned sounding miffed. “Luckily though Seungri texted me and said he wanted to meet up with us. At first I didn’t believe him but he had Yongbae text me so it’s legit!” You rubbed your eyes still a little drowsy. The thought of meeting YG, the Papa YG, the creator and mastermind behind your favorite K-pop groups was amazing. But you had to wonder why he wanted to eat with you guys…

Haeryun suddenly pulled you out of bed and your pondering thoughts and shoved you toward the bathroom, “Hurry up! I definitely do not want to be late to this!” Not wanting to suffer Haeryun’s wrath you obeyed.

“Hurry! I want to make sure we don’t run into traffic!” Haeryun had basically dragged you out of the dorms as soon as you looked decent.

“Why in such a rush we have like 30 minutes?”

“Like I said I don’t want to be late! I’ve waited to meet YG forever! My dad’s friends with him and I begged him several times but he’d never introduce me. You’d think I’d have met him being friends with practically all of the YG artists but alas I’ve yet to see the guy.” She hailed down a taxi and rattled off the address to the YG building. She started talking about how amazing it was going to be but you started tuning her out. You were staring at Seunghyun’s jacket folded neatly on your lap, (Haeryun made sure you wouldn’t forget it.) then you started to remember the closeness of your bodies as you hid from the paparazzi. The way his body moved hovering slightly over yours, even though he never showed it off you could feel the tight sinewy muscles underneath; the very muscles every fan girl dreams of seeing someday.  You shivered involuntarily thinking of Top. It wasn’t just his body that made you react but his eyes. Those captivating irises that captured you and made your breath catch in your throat.

“Hello?” Haeryun waved her hand suddenly in front of your face snapping you out of your reverie. You breathed a sigh of relief, for some reason thinking of Seunghyun and his magnetic eyes frightened you and you didn’t like feeling that. “Were you thinking of someone” she smirked at you and pointedly looked at the jacket in your lap.

“Uh! Why every time I seem to daydream you automatically think I’m thinking about someone from Bigbang?”

“That’s not true! It’s just you get this look when your thinking of someone, especially a certain silver haired ajhussi.”

You gave her a quizzical look, “I do?”

“Ha! See I knew you were thinking of him! Aw! Well honestly I don’t know how you can’t he’s gorgeous.” You started blushing and lightly hit Haeryun she had an uncanny ability to get things out of you whether you liked it or not.

“Haeryun!”

“What? It’s natural to be attracted to him? Are you jealous?”

You rolled your eyes, “No. I’m not. It would be pointless to get jealous when every fan girl out there thinks Top’s attractive too.”

“Yeah but not every fan girl gets to hang out with him. You need to snatch up this opportunity while it’s available.”

“What opportunity is that?”

She tapped your head lightly and gently shook her head, “The opportunity to date the mighty Choi Seunghyun.”

“But I don’t-“

“Ah! But your subconscious mind has already spoken for you.” She pointed at the jacket, “So it’s too late to deny it. Besides its no guarantee that he’ll like you know.” You feigned a hurt look.

“Well geez thanks for the vote of confidence.”

“Hey I wasn’t done, from what I can tell I think he likes you anyway.”

You just rolled your eyes and sarcastically replied “Yeah, right.”

She gave you a funny look that you couldn’t decipher, “Whatever you say. Oh we’re here!” She vaulted out of the taxi and started jumping up and down.

“Calm down you don’t want to freak him out. And we’re here like 20 minutes early, you were worried over nothing.”

“Oh well we can go greet the boys then.” She yanked you through the building and into the elevator.

“Do you know where they are?”

“Yeah I texted Seungri before. Their recording some stuff for the new album.”

“Really! Do you think they’ll let us listen to some of their stuff?”

“I don’t know but I hope so!” You both started spazzing out. The thought of hearing Bigbang’s new album in the early stages just made the fan girl in you crazy. The doors opened to the third floor and Haeryun looked around. “I don’t know which studio there in. Let’s just look around.” Following her you tried looking through the windows on the doors. They weren’t see through so you could only make out body shapes.

“There are people in this one. You think they’re in there?” Haeryun just shrugged her shoulders and let herself in. You’re ears were met by a fiery rap not by a man’s voice but a confidant woman’s. Eyes turned toward the two of you and you became frozen. Your mind tried to process the people in front of you. The members of 2NE1 were looking at you confused.

Their faces brightened as they looked toward Haeryun and she brightly broke the tension, “Oh! Hey Bom, Dara, Minzy, Teddy oppa.”

“Unnie! I didn’t know you were coming today!” Minzy smiled brightly and stood up to hug Haeryun. Dara and Bom greeted Haeryun while you stood awkwardly to the side.

“Haha yeah I didn’t know until today either. I see you guys are recording sorry for interrupting.”

“Ah, Haeryun you always seem to interrupt me.” CL walked out of the sound booth and playfully teased Haeryun. Haeryun lightly tapped CL then remembering you she turned and introduced you,

“Oh, yeah this is my good friend _______.” They all looked at you with surprise on their faces which weirded you out.

“Oh it’s nice to meet you; I’m Cl that’s Dara, Bom, and Minzy. It’s nice meeting you. We’ve actually heard a little about you already.” Your face must have shown a hint of surprise and panic because Cl quickly spoke up again, “Nothing bad trust me...” She paused and then smiling coyly continued, “In fact I think I heard Top and Jiyong oppa discussing you and how they thought Haeryun would be a bad influence.” She laughed as Haeryun gave a slight grunt of displeasure.

“What! Me a bad influence, they’re going to get it when I see them next.”

“Well we have to go to a lunch meeting with YG, do you want to meet up afterwards?”

“Oh! We were invited to eat lunch with YG today too.” The girls gave a look of surprise.

“Oh well then let’s just go together unnie.” Minzy looped arms with Haeryun and they cheerfully started walking out. You saw Cl flash a worried glance toward Dara before she turned to you.

“So I hear you’re on an exchange program. How do you like Korea so far?” You chatted with Cl, Dara, and Bom on the way to meet YG (Cl said they were supposed to meet downstairs in the cafeteria area so you guys just followed them.) You realized they were like how they portrayed themselves on their show. You were laughing as Bom was explaining the agony she was in because she hadn’t had corn in a week and it was just killing her. When you reached the cafeteria it was more like a restaurant. A long table was already set up with various dishes and you saw the Bigbang members already in their respective seats. 

Seungri saw you and the 2NE1 members and waved. “I was wondering where you both were.” Quickly glancing at the members your eyes met with Seunghyun’s. You tried to listen to the conversation but were having a mini staring contest him.

“Yeah Haeryun interrupted our recording session.” Cl joked.

“Again?” Seungri playfully sighed and shook his head. “She has a habit of doing that. Remember hyung when she barged in when you were on a really good session?” He looked at Top. You turned your eyes away as Top looked up startled like he had just done something bad.

 You looked back to see him fidget a little then coolly answer Seungri “Yeah I remember.” Seungri unaffected by his curt remark gave him a big smile. He lightly grabbed Top’s shoulder and looked towards you,

“So how are you today _______ssi?”

Confused you looked slightly at Haeryun and saw her flash Seungri a big grin. “Uh, I’m fine Seungri what about you?”

“Oh I’m wonderful. I get to have a wonderful lunch with you today.” You watched as Seunghyun lifted Seungri’s hand off.

“Oh well…” You didn’t know what to say you were honestly too confused to follow the conversation more worried about the bizarre body language happening in front of you.

Jiyong suddenly spoke up, “You guys should sit down YG’s on his way.” You looked toward Jiyong and saw him stare at Top. He then looked toward you. You felt your cheeks flush you looked down suddenly shy. When you dared to look up again he was still staring at you. He then smiled at you. Somehow Jiyong’s smile always seemed to settle your nerves. Everyone started having little side conversations. You tried to listen to them but realized they were talking in Korean. So you just sat there pondering things. Like why was everyone here to have lunch with YG? You could understand having Bigbang and 2NE1 because they were a part of the company. Even Haeryun a little since she was his daughter’s friend. But you it did not make sense.

“Um…” You spoke to no one in particular but they didn’t seem to hear you. “Um…Excuse me but why are we all eating together like this?” You spoke a little louder and they all turned to you. Your mouth closed on your other unspoken thoughts as a familiar voice from the many impersonations you had heard answered your question.

“Ah, _______ssi good question.” You saw everyone tense up except, Seungri and Haeryun. For some reason your little lunch seemed more than that.

“First let’s have some of this delicious food that the staff prepared.” He sat down and proceeded to take a bite of rice. You honestly had to admit you had never felt a more stifling, uncomfortable atmosphere. You knew something was going to come, something most likely very unpleasant. Even Haeryun seemed to realize this lunch was more than just a friendly gathering. You looked at her sending out a mental question as to what the heck was happening. She just shrugged not sure either. Seungri tried to lighten the tense atmosphere but it didn’t help. You were sitting between Bom and Cl and you all three quietly ate. Cl lightly whispered to you that she was still a little nervous around YG and not to be too scared of him.

Bom leaned over and added, “He may seem menacing but he really is very caring. He always tries to do what’s best for us.Just remember that, okay.” You looked at her a little frightened by her, sort of, words of incouragement. The lunch soon came to an awkward end which you were thankful for. YG then cleared his throat inciting a mass of nervous butterflies in your stomach.

“I called you here today because I want to discuss the photos that surfaced last night.” Then you remembered you and Top were spotted together. But you thought your face was shielded… wasn’t it? “Now luckily ______ssi’s face was covered which has helped quite a bit. But we still have the problem of Seunghyun-ah being seen with a woman.” You felt really guilty and stupid. ‘Why did I have to make Top walk with me? Because you wanted to walk with him.’ You tensed at your sudden train of thought. ‘WTF was that… I need to get it together.’ You did not need those kinds of troubling thoughts in your head right now.

“Do not worry ______ssi I have taken care of everything but we need you two to be more careful next time.”

You looked at Top quickly then at YG about to deny any relationship between you, but he quickly continued, “Luckily Seunghyun was thinking clearly. I wanted to talk about this now because this is one of the things that you as idols and artists need to be careful of.”

 He looked around pointedly, “Whenever you get into a relationship some fans and antis will not like it and it can get difficult. That’s why it’s important to trust each other in order to protect it.  Dong Wook’s is a good example. They were able to be together in secret for 7 years and when they came out together it was tough at first but soon they gained fan support and have prospered. Not every couple can be like that so be careful. I’m discussing this because I realize you are human and everyone longs for the comfort and support of someone. And because I recently got rid of 2NE1’s 5 year dating rule and have yet to talk to them about this.” He then looked at Top and then you, “I also wish you would tell me when you start dating someone.  As your president because I need know things like this and I hope you tell me because I’m your friend.” He stopped and everyone seemed speechless. You wanted to tell him you were not in a relationship with Seunghyun but no words formed. Someone beat you to it anyway.

“They’re not in a relationship.” You looked up surprised at Jiyong. “We had gone out to dinner as a group with Haeryun and ______. We were just on a walk and Seunghyun and _____ happened to be walking together.” You saw Top in the corner of your eye tense and stare at Jiyong

YG nodded his head, “Ah… still as an idol you need to be more careful alright Seunghyun.” Top looking stone faced just nodded his head. Then he turned toward you, “Sorry I seemed to have jumped to conclusions. I just would rather be more safe than sorry. I had heard about you before so I thought…” He trailed off, “Never mind that, I hope you enjoyed lunch.”

“Oh yes it was very delicious.”

“I’m sorry we couldn’t provide any dishes from the States.”

“Oh no it was wonderful thank you.” You stuttered a little and became shy again.

He just chuckled a little and turned to Haeryun “Haeryun I’m glad I finally get to meet you. Your dad talks about you a lot.” You watched as Haeryun became shy too. The first time ever that  she had nothing to say.

“Oh… thank you. He probably exaggerates.” You smiled there’s the Haeryun you know.

“Haha not at all. Well I hope to see you guys again but I must leave I have work to do. You both are welcome here anytime.” He smiled and left leaving you all there to breath out a sigh of relief.

Haeryun turned and glared at seungri, “Ok Seungri why didn’t you warn us?” 

“I didn’t know he was going to ambush us.” He looked at her just as confused.

Cl stood and stretched looking quite relieved, “Oh well I’m glad it’s over. Haeryun, ______ we’ll see you later we have to go back and record.” You and Haeryun said goodbye to 2NE1 as they ascended up the elevator. Daesung and Taeyang followed them and you waved by to them.

“Oh Haeryun I wanted to show these videos I found.” Seungri pulled out his phone and Haeryun sat by him getting awfully close which made you smile.

You saw Jiyong walking toward the elevator and you sped up to him.

“Thank you Jiyong for saying something I was so nervous I couldn’t speak.”

He slightly turned his head and said “No problem” and got on the elevator. You stared at the door confused. Why was he always moody. He smiled at you one moment then frowned and was cold toward you the next. You just sighed and turned back. You turned and noticed Seunghyun standing behind you.

“Oh… hey.” After YG’s little lecture about your ‘relationship’ you knew it was going to be more awkward than before.

“Hi.” Silence fell between you. You looked up at Top he was staring anywhere but at you. You watched as he seemed to want to say something but failed. Then you remembered his jacket.

“Oh! Hold on I have something for you.” You walked quickly to your bag and grabbed his jacket. He was still in the same position and turned toward you as you approached. “Here… and thanks for letting me use it. I also want to say sorry for the whole picture thing…”

He grabbed the jacket slowly, “Like I said before it wasn’t your fault and nothing serious happened so please don’t worry about it.”

You nodded your head and looked down still feeling guilty. You saw a faint movement in your vision and looked up to see Top moving his hand away from your face.

He looked down uncomfortable and cleared his throat, “I was uh… going… there was something in your hair and I was going to get it out for you.” You quickly touched your hair. “It’s, uh gone now.” he mumbled.

“Oh…” ‘Why does it have to be eternally awkward!’  

Then he stepped toward you and leaned passed  you to press the elevator button. Suddenly you got a whiff of  his wonderful body cologne again and smiled. He pulled back and looked down at you. You were close enough for the jacket he was holding to press against you. You swore you could feel an energy thrumming between the two of you. It was like electricity and fire all rolled into one. Your stomach started fluttering. ‘God! Am I really having butterflies! Seunghyun what are you doing to me?’ The elevator doors opened and he stepped passed you slowly.

“Uh… ______?”

You turned toward him and brushed his arm as he passed. He looked down from the sudden contact. You could tell he was like you and awkward around skin ship.

“Yeah?”

“You should text me…” You knew your eyes must’ve gotten big. He spoke suddenly, “I still owe you.” Then the doors closed before either of you could say another word and you were left there staring as the elevator began to rise.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Okay yeah I'm sorry for the late update. I seem to get distracted easily and only really go on writing binges at around 3am so my apologies. This is my first fic so I hope you enjoy it. I don't really like to read what I write so if there's mistakes sorry. I try and read it though to correct any major mistakes. And I'm not really sure where this story is going. I kind of just write off the top of my head so I hope you like the unorganized story I'm writing. Thanks to the subscribers! And I don't mind silent readers, cause I'm one of them, although comments are appreciated. I'd still write this if I never got a comment or subscriber though. So yeah... kind of rambled sorry.