Is this Green Tea or Something More?

My Debts Paid

 

After the elevator ascended up you waited patiently for Haeryun. You watched a little envious as quiet signs of affection were exchanged between her and Seungri. You were happy for her and loved the fact that they finally moved beyond the friendship boundaries but seeing a happy couple before you only enhanced the confused feelings that you were having. You couldn't deny you were physically attracted to Seunghyun but you were unsure if the butterflies you had were more than that. 'Am I just falling for him as a fan girl or am I falling for him for real?' Your jumbled thoughts were interrupted (thankfully) by Haeryun. You guys drove back in communal silence each absorbed in your own thoughts; Haeryun's probably a lot happier. 
Wanting to get out of you own mind you decided to tease Haeryun (revenge really was sweet)
"So... When were you planning on telling me about you and Seungri?" She looked up at you startled. 
"I...uh... There's nothing going on between us." you gave her a look.
"That is the worst lie I have ever heard. You know it's quite obvious, I don't know why you never told me sooner." you looked at her indignant. She had the decency to look a little guilty. 
"Sorry... He only just asked me today." You grinned elated and grabbed Haeryun and gave her a big hug. 
"Tell maknae that if he hurts you I'll hurt him." 

She smiled wide, “God I’m so glad you know!” She started wildly flailing too happy to do anything else. She stopped embarrassed, “Sorry I’m just so happy. Seungri is really just… just… I don’t know he makes me so happy.” You both hugged again smiles lighting up your faces. You listened to her talk about Seungri and how amazing he was the whole ride home.  You didn’t mind, it was her first major relationship, of course she would gush about it.

----------

The next few months flew by. University had started and took up most of your time. You didn’t have any classes in Korean (thank god) except the beginner Korean class you were taking but you still had to deal with many communication problems between other students. Many of them could speak a little English but it was still difficult for them and you to understand each other. You could really only say you had one friend, which was Haeryun, you both still hung out together but she was gone a lot either with Seungri or for her other classes (since you both had different majors.)

You hadn’t heard anything from the other Bigbang members either. You had texted Daesung and Taeyang a couple of times. The conversations usually were short and uneventful,

‘How was your day?’

‘Good. You?’

 ‘It was good.’

‘That’s great.’

It’s not that you guys didn’t want to talk to each other it’s just you were all so busy, them especially. You hadn’t texted Jiyong you were afraid he was still his normal moody self and wouldn’t text you back. You picked up your phone debating whether to text Seunghyun. You sighed and put it down on your bed. You had lost count the number of times you did just that. Every time you got close to pressing the send button you chickened out. Your heart would start racing and you’d suddenly become self conscious. Thoughts always raced through your head like, ‘What if he didn’t text back? What if he did? What would you say? What if he only texted back to say he had your money? Would he tell you to delete his number and never text him again?’  After all he wouldn’t ever have to contact you once he paid his debt. Just thinking about it made you depressed. You threw your phone on the bed out of frustration and got up. You grabbed a book and decided to study trying to get your mind off of Seunghyun and his stupid face… his stupid eyes that you seemed to think about every second. “I hate you Choi Seunghyun!” You yelled out of annoyance. You didn’t even know him that well and you were fawning over him like a love sick school girl (you technically were a love sick school girl and that only made you angrier). You weren’t in high school anymore so why were you acting like it. You had come to realize in the months that you didn’t talk to him that maybe you liked him… liked him a lot more than just a fan girl. You were being irrational and stupid but you couldn’t help the feelings that came to you. What made it even worse was you knew nothing wouldn’t and couldn’t come out of your infatuation with him.  You grabbed your pillow and screamed into it out of frustration. The door opened suddenly and you threw the pillow away guilty. You were met with Haeryun and Seungri backing into the room kissing. Your already dark mood grew darker. You loved that they were both happy, loved that they were adorable and cute together. But you wished they could be adorable and cute together somewhere else. Seeing a happy couple only highlighted the fact that you were single and tearing your hair out. You coughed loudly interrupting the happy couple. They turned to you Haeryun growing red and Seungri looking sheepish.

“Oh… sorry I thought you were in the library studying…” You had to admit you’d been doing that a lot… to get your mind off of Seunghyun!

“Well I was going to…” You trailed off and stared absentmindedly at your phone. “Let me get my stuff then I’ll go.” You got up dejected and grabbed your books and bag.

“No that’s not what I meant!” you watched Seungri and Haeryun exchange ‘a look’ which instantly made you suspicious anything they planned automatically was not good. “I just stopped here to grab something. We were heading back to the YG building you want to go with us?”

Seungri hurriedly interjected “Everyone’s missed you. You have to come. Please?” He looked at with his panda eyes. You mentally swore no matter how hard you tried you always caved. Those panda eyes were worse than any puppy dog eyes.

You let out a very loud and exasperated sigh. “Fine. But  I’m not changing.” You glared pointedly at Haeryun. You were going to go in your jeans and worn out hoodie or you weren’t going to go at all.

“Bu-“ You cut her off with your hand and shook your head. You didn’t have anyone to impress doubting you’d run into the Bigbang members, especially Top, since obviously they were busy.

It was a short ride to the YG building, Seungri had decided to ‘borrow’ Jiyong’s white Bentley but somehow you didn’t think he asked to borrow it. He pulled the car into the parking garage and you guys rushed into the building, avoiding fans nearby, on Seungri’s part anyway. You followed Seungri and Haeryun not sure if you were just going to hang out in a rec. room or not. You were hoping that’s what you were doing because as you thought about it meeting anyone in your casual everyday wear wasn’t something you wanted. You silently berated yourself wishing you had listened to Haeryun when you had the chance. You realization came to head when you noticed the various doors marked studio. You panicked silently. ‘What if I meet Seunghyun!? Oh God why did I have to wear this!?’ You tried to push any thought of meeting Seunghyun out of your head and failed miserably. You entered the studio marked number 5 and knew your face was downcast.

You were still looking at the floor sullen when you heard someone call your name.

“______! It’s been awhile, you never come with Haeryun anymore.” You looked up into Bom’s smiling face. A smile instantly sprang to yours (I mean how can you not smile when Bom smiles.)

You let out a small laugh, “Yeah I’ve just been busy with University.” You lied. You had only a little more work than Haeryun but not much. In fact the sad truth was you were even a little ahead in some of your classes, guess all that time in the library paid off for you. You looked around the room and let out a small exhale. It was just the 2NE1 members you could deal with looking less than impressive in front of them. Although looking at them now they seem gorgeous even in their casual wear.  It seemed K-Pop idols always looked good. You were still musing to yourself when Haeryun suddenly spoke up

“Is anyone thirsty? I’m thirsty… ______ you want to go get some drinks with me?” You gave her a funny look but everyone was already rattling off their drink orders. As you were leaving you noticed them all shoot each other several ‘looks’ the same look Seungri and Haeryun had done earlier. Something was definitely not right but Haeryun grabbed your arm dragging you against your will. “So CL, Dara, and Minzy wanted water, Bom and Teddy wanted green tea, and Seungri wanted some coke. There’s a vending machine down the hall in the rec. room. I think they only have the pop and green tea. How about you get that and I’ll go get the water. Wait for me so we can walk back together okay?” She smiled and walked off before you could say anything. You sighed again, you seemed to be doing that a lot, and walked into the rec. room. It was different from the one you first saw. It was a lot smaller. It basically had a T.V. with gaming systems, two couches, and a couple of vending machines. You walked toward the drink machine and pulled out some money. The labels were all in Korean but you could make out the Coke symbol. The green tea was harder to decipher and you stood there for five minutes debating whether to just pay and click all of them or just hit one randomly.

You were startled out of your debate when you noticed someone walk in out of the corner of your eye. You turned thinking it was Haeryun, “Thank god you’re here, I can’t read any of this!” You turned and let out a small gasp. Haeryun was not the one in front of you. A very startled and confused Top stood before you, in all his silver haired glory. You both stood there in silence. If you could see yourself you probably looked like a deer in the headlights. He looked just as bewildered. You suddenly remembered your clothes and felt your face grow hot. You started to speak but were sure only gargled noises came out, which made the whole embarrassing situation worse.  Seunghyun looked down briefly and cleared his throat.

“Um… Hi.” He shot you a timid hi motion and smiled at you. If you hadn’t been so embarrassed you would have found it rather cute. You waved back awkwardly and mumbled a hello back.

“I didn’t know you were here today.” He looked at you slightly turning red. You thought it was because you were making the situation more awkward. It wouldn’t have been so bad if you hadn’t kept thinking about what you looked like; that he was in front of you looking like he always did, which was like a walking fashion show, or the fact that you had a huge crush on him that you tried unsuccessfully to control.

“Yeah… Haeryun and Seungri invited me.” His eyebrows raised in realization of something, something you didn’t understand. Silence fell again.

“Do you… uh… need help with that?” He pointed toward the vending machine. You looked at the vending machine partly forgetting it with Seunghyun in your presence.

“Oh yeah. I was supposed to get two green teas… but as you can see I can’t read the Korean very well…” You let a nervous laugh hating yourself for making everything so awkward. Top nodded and walked over to you. You started to pull out some money, only having 50,000 won ($50)

“Wait that’s too much for the machine let me get this. Count this as part of the debt.” He put his money in and hit the button. Two bottles shot out and you both reached for them at the same time. Your heads hit each other on the way down. You both grabbed your heads murmuring ouch as you stood up suddenly. You stammered out an apology at the same time as Seunghyun.  You just looked at each other. You burst out laughing together the weird tension leaving the room as you laughed out most of the nervousness you both felt.

“Ah I’m sorry, really.” Seunghyun chuckled and reached for the bottles again grabbing them and handing them to you.

You smiled happy to take them, “Thanks. Like I said I always seem to be a klutz around you.” You watched the smile slip from his face and you looked at him startled. ‘Did I say something wrong?’ you worried to yourself. Top looked down again shy.

You started to speak, and were interrupted by Top starting to. You glanced at each other and looked away quickly.

“You first.”

“No you first.” You motioned for him to continue.

He cleared his throat again and looked at you dead on. Still shy but a question in his eyes, “So… I thought you would text me…” You stood there stunned. Out of all the things he could have said that was not what you had envisioned. You opened your mouth and closed it again probably gaping like a fish. You really didn’t know what to say. Crazy hopeful thoughts rushed through your mind, ‘Did he really want me to text him? Does he want to talk to me outside of the debt?’ and the most hopeful of all ‘Does he… like me?’

“Oh… I’m sorry…” You were confused and wishful. He looked at you disappointment evident in his eyes. You continued on shy and vulnerable, “I… Didn’t think you wanted me to text you…” You laid it all out. Although you hadn’t confessed your true feelings you let enough out that if he rejected you it would sting but wouldn’t ruin you completely. You looked up and noticed some emotion you couldn’t quiet read in his eyes.

“Oh… I thought you didn’t want me to text you…” And you realized it was like one of those silly dramas. The one thing they all lacked was the flow of communication. You smiled and started laughing. Never had you thought you’d end up in a situation from a drama. You looked into Seunghyun’s amused but very confused eyes.

“Sorry… it’s just… oh never mind…” You couldn’t stop smiling. It’s not that he didn’t want to text you it was that he didn’t know if you wanted to text him. Did the mighty Choi Seunghyun fear getting rejected? And rejected by you? Of course you knew your thoughts were ludicrous. He didn’t like you but the thought of him shy and confused on how to talk to you pleased you to know end. You realized even for all his masculine charm that maybe Seunghyun wasn’t very good with the ladies. Well you didn’t know for sure but in his interactions with you he was shy and awkward… like you… you still weren’t sure if that was because of you in general or because of him. Seunghyun smiled back at you. His dimples showing, you held in a little fan girl squeal. He was showing you the smile, the one that seemed to say he was happy and dorky at the same time. The Seunghyun smile that he held in because he couldn’t very let his image slide, it was the choomTop and binguTop smile. It sets your insides a flutter and you had to keep your legs from turning to complete jelly.

“How about I text you when I leave?” If his smile could have gotten any better it did as you watched. You wanted to make him smile like that every day.

“I’d like that… a lot.” You both stood there just smiling at each other. For once it wasn’t awkward, it felt normal, it felt right. Like how it would be if you had been dating for a couple of months and could enjoy the silence. You stared at each other both your eyes seemed to communicate things, his asked questions yours sent answers, things that you were to afraid to say, to afraid to admit, for now anyway.

 

A/N: I'm so sorry this is so late. I got lost in the wonderful world of one shots. I'll try harder to update faster but seriously I do love me some oneshots. There so much easier for me to write... don't ask me why cause I don't know *shrugs shoulder* Hope this is good. I was unsure as I wrote it.