Chapter 2: Sharp Tongue and Mind Reader (Day 1 Part 2)

Summer Playground

Suho's POV

This guy is getting on my nerves. 

"P-p-e!?" I exclaimed. My fists clenched on the chains of the swing, stopping them from swaying due to the wind blowing

Tao faced his younger sister and warned, "Jae, don't ever come near this beast again." He paused. He pointed to my head and continued, "he has horns!" 

The little kid hit his head. "Oppa!"

Tao ended up growling and I laughing.

I like this kid. I thought.

"So your name is Jae!" I approached her. "Pretty~" 

The girl turned red. She fidgeted and giggled then hugged me tight. "Oppa, I love you!"

Still hugging Jae, I turned a beckoning remark to Tao silently, "Ha!"

"He really has horns." He said in a low voice. "You know you aren't helping your image as a e Su-hoe"

I released myself from Jae's hug and stood up. I intentionally tried to appear taller and pointed, "Suho not Suhoe."

"I don't see the difference." His face remained pokerfaced.

This guy really ticks me off! 

"Jae let's play by the slide and leave your lonely oppa here."

She smiled and nodded. Kids are easy to please. I'm not doing this because I am a eI just love kids, who doesn't? And well because it might tick him off this time.

Tao turned around and commented, "Said the even lonelier guy."

Ouch. That is right, I just have been dump a few minutes ago. Maybe this is why I feel so agitated, so pissed. Although now I think, I am pissed to myself more than anyone else. That was why, maybe even if this isn't the grandest company, I enjoyed it deep inside.

Tao left the kid with me. He just turned around and said he'll pick Jae up  after she is done playing. Initially I was confused, who leaves his younger sibling to a total stranger?  

Jae said good-bye and led the way, all the while she was smiling. She dragged me to the slide first. I was too big to play on the slide so I said that I'll just watch her. She pouted at first but came by when another kid called her. I watched them play along the slide, pushing each other and laughing when one of them fell. 

"Oppa!" She called to me. She voiced out 'I love you.' 

She really was sweet. I sent her a virtual hug. She run along and received my hug. Jae was really heavy for a petite child. "You're crushing me."

She giggled and dragged me next to the sand box. I remembered my Ji-Hye. She was an expert on this. Jae was engrossed in making a sand tower. I unconsciously played with her hair. It was a habit, I dunno why. For a while I began to wonder how time has flowed. Tao hasn't returned yet. I'm getting worried.

"Jae where's your oppa?" I asked. 

She replied, "Probably at an ice cream shop."

Hmm ice cream sounds good about now.

"Jae let's go grab an ice cream!" 

She nodded. Like always, she was smiling.


Tao's POV

"Oh good afternoon Tao!" Rina greeted me as I entered the local ice cream shop, down the playground hill.

I nodded and ordered an orange sherbet. 

It's nice to be alone right after a tiring event. Being with Jae really takes a lot of energy in me. 

The local ice cream shop stationed at the foot of the hill was actually more of a mini stall with many sits in front. There were four round tables, each has six chairs and three square tables with four chairs each. Beside the stall was a television set elevated at about a few inches higher than me.  

"Here's your order Tao." She gave me my sherbet and sat beside me. 

"Aren't you on duty?" I asked, taking a scoop of the sherbet. 

She nodded. "Yes, but there aren't really many people now." She dropped the subject and asked where Jae was. 

"Hmm, Jae is with Suho." 

Her eyes peeled opened, "Suho... you mean Joon-Myeon? THE Suho?"  

I didn't noticed he was this popular. Nuna doesn't study in the same University as I do but she knows his full name.

"Nuna, are you a stalker?" 

She didn't replied.  She smiled strangely and said, "I didn't know you are close with him."

Looking into her eyes, I felt some sort of flashback coming towards me. Strong winds, coming from the south. I shook my head to release from my daze and replied, "We are not close, I just met him."

"Is that so, then it is still a matter of time."  She looked disappointed for some reasons.

I still don't get what she was saying though. What needs 'a matter of time'? What will happen?

I took another scoop and simply ignored everything else.

"You want to come with me as I fetch Jae in a while?" I offered Rina a good chance to meet the e. 

She nodded fast. "It would be... dashing" She streamed her hands vertical. She resembled a cartoon character  being naturally aegyo. "Wait here, I'll just get pretty."

"Nuna you're already pretty." I commented. 

She winked. "I know, but it doesn't hurt to be extra pretty" She dashed behind counter and left nothing but a gush of wind. 

I was few scoops away from finishing my sherbet when Jae came with Suho. Suho was carrying her on his shoulders, which I noticed now to be really broad. He must have taken care of his body really well.

Suho got to his knees and Jae jump over from behind to the land. She waved her hands to me afterwards.

I waved back and gave her a smile. Once she sat beside me, she started talking about her adventures with "my husband".

Suho allowed himself to take the sit in front of me, so as Jae was between us. From time to time he would give me a look of bewilderness, but I never gave him the chance to ask me anything. I just pretended as if he didn't exist.

Once Jae was finished talking, I asked if she wanted some ice cream. She nodded and screamed chocolate. I asked Suho the same for courtesy and he said vanilla would be nice. I said my temporary leave and left for the counter.

Rina hurried over the counter when I called her. She was wearing now a light make-up.

"How do I look?" She asked.

"I want to order one chocolate ice cream and one vanilla."

She punched the order and laughed lightly. "Did they arrive?"

I nodded. She prepared the orders and came with me to the table.

Jae called out Rina when she saw her and waved vigorously. She began pointing to Suho and mouthing 'my husband'. Rina faked a surprise looked and Jae was boasting arrogantly. Suho was left to laugh in amusement. I can't help to pity him a bit for being stuck in such a situation. Then again he could have faced this all the while before.

I got the tray from Rina's hands and placed them in the table and sat at the same position. Rina sat beside me; consequently, facing Jae.

"You must be Suho, I am glad to finally meet you."   Rina started off the conversation.

Suho said thanks from the compliments and began eating his ice cream. Jae stopped talking and also started eating.

After indulging two scoops, he said  "You must be Tao's girlfriend."

"No." I immediately  replied, "she's just a neighbor." I turned to face nuna and said, "Don't bother, she only dates very young girls, she's a e ert."

"P-ert..." Suho stuttered. 

Rina laughed. "Hahaha e." She hit me in the shoulders with extra force. 

Okay I got it, no more truths. 

"Anyway, Jae, you promised not to stay too long right?"

She nodded and sighed. As soon as she finished her ice cream, we stood up and left the playground.

"Bye Rina! Be safe!" Jae bid. 

We were near our house when Suho reached us. He was sweating, he must have run.

He asked, "Why did you leave your little sister with me?"

I let out my tongue. "I thought you are a mind reader."

He sighed, "You really are a sharp tongue."