Chapter 8: He Who Has Returned (Day 7)

Summer Playground

Tao's POV

This has been quite the summer. A lot of things had had happen and to be honest I can't pin point which ones are real and which ones are made up. For all I know, I could still be dreaming. But it would be a strange dream indeed: dreaming of waking up from a dream thinking it was a dream. 

I rubbed my eyes, went down and grabbed a piece of bread and put it on my mouth. It has been a habit of mine to hold the bread on my mouth for a while without chewing it. This way I really have an excuse not to speak. I chugged down a glass of water and headed out for a morning jog. 

It was nice jogging in this area. There were a lot of trees and shrubs. Every now and then I would spot few neighbors who knew me but I didn't know. I just bowed my head and paced a little faster. 

What I really want to happen though, one of this jogging days I mean, was that a neighbor would be watering his or her plants with a host and I would ask him or her to aim it at me. Refreshing. 

After half an hour of jogging I sat on a bench at the oval park.

"Someone is up early." A hand landed on my shoulders.

I know that voice. Unfortunately. 

 He showed his face and sat beside me. "You are such a grump at mornings, you know that?" 

I raise my eyebrow and gave him a face of denial. 

"Okay okay, you're right." He raised his hand as if he surrenders and continued, "You're a grump EVERY time."

I drop the subject and asked, "What brings you here?"

Suho mimicked my face a while ago and raise too his eyebrow. "I did say I'll see you today right?"

Oh so that part is real. I wonder what else... I was so hungry yesterday that I can't remember the details. All I am certain, we have reached friendship stage. 

"Ohh... did you stalked me?"

Suho laughed, his attire looks casual, not for jogging so I might be wrong. "Yes or no."

I dropped it. 

So what do friends ask to their friends. Uhm...

"Soooo... the weather's nice huh." 

He blinked thrice and scanned my face. Stupid Tao.

"Who are you? What have you done to Tao?" He grabbed my shoulders and shouted, "Tell me!" 

A noona passing by giggled and went back to her jogging. The birds on the fountain flew away. And Suho fell with his back on the ground. 

"Such a weirdo." I shrugged my body and stood up. 

He gave a sly smile and stood up as well. "Now that's the Tao I like. Let's eat!" 


Suho led the way to a shack restaurant not so far from the park. It has a Europe-Korean interior design with lots of greeneries. The folks eating here were around my age. The place didn't stood up too much, simple but functional. 

"So..." He said as we sat down. "What do you want to eat? Fish? Chicken?" 

"Chicken would be nice." 

He nodded and called the waitress. I noticed that she was fairly tall, she has chubby cheeks but it appeared in a good way. I wonder what ill luck brings here to such a job so young. 

Suho ordered the first chicken entree' he saw and a pitcher of lemonade. The young waitress was trying to flirt with him but I think he didn't noticed. 

"...yes that would be all." He returned the menu and said thanks. "Did you see that? She likes me." He smirked. 

So he did notice. I dunno why for a second I actually believe he might be not be a ert. 

I sighed. 

"You don't have to be jealous." He added.

"Ha! You compliment yourself to much." I replied. 

"Don't worry, I like you more than the cute waitress." He winked. 

Could it be safe to assume that when he said he liked me, he means it in a friendly way like yesterday? As much as I remember he doesn't have affinity for guys. But then again, I didn't care much to know for sure. 

The girl returned with the pitcher of lemonade. Her hair changed. Before it was laid back, now it is neatly tied with a ponytail. 

"Thank you. Your hair suites you better that way" Suho complimented. "Right Tao?"

I nodded and gave her a smile. 

She blushed deeply and tried to said thank you. She was lost for words and decided to just flee back to the counter. 

"Poor girl..." I said. Of all the guys you could have fallen for... "If only she can see through your charms." 

He laughed and I followed. It felt nice. Laughing, I mean. 

"You should smile more, it suits you." He complimented. 

I can't help but blush. No one can blame me, I'm not use to such compliments. It also doesn't help that the person telling me that said he liked me. Although I don't like him to a greater extent. I think. 

Tao get a hold of yourself. You cannot assume anything. 

A little while later, the orders arrive. It was a different woman. Slightly older but still young.

"May I ask you one thing?" Suho said when she was done placing the plates.

She said what was it and paused.

"Do you think..." He whispered in her ears. ".........."

The lady blushed and looked at me, back at him, to me and back at him again. She smiled and said "Very much" matching thumbs up. 

We ate our food quietly. Before we leave I asked. "What did you tell her?"

Suho grinned. "Finally." He wiped his mouth and said, "secret." 

Aish. Silly guy. "Okay." I dropped the subject.

"HEY!" He said a little louder, "aren't you gonna ask one more time?"

I let out my tongue. Not really, I thought to myself.

"Seriously, so fickle." He said with a lowly. 

I smiled widely and pokerfaced quickly. 

"Well since you won't ask, I'll just tell you." And he can't keep it to himself. " I asked that noona if we looked good together." 

He patted my back and said, "This was nice, let's do it again sometime. Adios." He gave me a smile and left. 


Chanyeol's POV

Do you ever wonder if the world you wake up in is the real world? Sometimes I do. Sometimes I wake up with a bunch of nice people, always smiling, they even laugh at my jokes— which is seldom funny by the way. Sometimes, they are just mean and grumpy. That is why I always labeled them reality one and reality two. 

Right about now, I believe I am in reality one. 

Once again, the days of summer and I together are coming to an end. Only six more days. SIX DAYS! So I decided to spend most of my time in my favorite ice cream shop. ICECREAM~ 

I ordered the same ice cream sundae and sat at the corner. Normally I wouldn't mind what was happening around me for all I care, I went to this ice cream shop to eat ice cream. But suddenly, everything around me turned to a sappy romantic couple movie.

To my left, a guy and a girl being all too sweet.

"Say ahh" Said the guy

The girl opened and the boy entered the spoon.

She giggled. He giggled.

The guy motioned to her lips. The girl blushed then punched the guy."Oppa"

She giggled. He giggled. 

She placed her hand in the middle of the table. He placed his on top of hers. 

She giggled. He giggled.

To my right was a younger couple probably a junior in high school. 

The guy was focusing on his ice cream, staring with cold blooded eyes. 

The girl obviously staring at him. 

The guy asked if anything was wrong, the girl shook her head and scooped an ice cream. 

The girl "accidently" slip her handkerchief. The boy stared at it, took him 5 seconds before realizing the girl wanted him to get the handkerchief. 

He handed it to her. She giggled. He smiled. 

Maybe the guy is a little bit of an amateur. Or maybe they aren't actually a couple. 

The girl winked at the guy. He blushed. She giggled. He giggled.

Great now everybody giggles. Where is my sweet sweet ice cream? 

"Good day, sorry for waiting." The waitress handed me my order, bowed and return to the counter.

Summer and ice cream are the best combination! 

A lady came by some time afterwards with a guy following her. The girl looked awfully familiar but I can't put my words around it. I could have seen her somewhere really close. Where could it be?

The guy that followed her was surprisingly tall, he has a cold aura, I felt my skin shivered by his presence. I can't help but stare at them. They were an attractive pair. Pretty soon I'll hate this place.

The guy noticed I was staring at one point. I pretended to be looking what was behind him. He snickered and motioned in his mouth stupid. 

Aish, stupid tall person. Only ice creams have the right to be cold. 

It wasn't my intention to overhear their conversation but since I was in such a place that I can, I did.

"How's Taotao doing?" said the guy, his eyes fixated on the girl. He was wearing a look of concern. 

The girl was stirring her citrus tea, "He's... fine, I guess."

"That's good to hear." He smiled and continued, "Has he..."

The lady cut him off "Made any friends? Yes." She paused. " You know, I don't get you. One day you just left him without a word, breaking your promise, ruining his life and then here you return asking how he was! You didn't even contact him for years!" 

The guy went silent, his fists clenched. "I am contacting him now. I want to see him."

She sighed, sip her drink and replied, "I don't think that is a good idea."

"Are you gonna stop me?" He asked, not really threatening but somehow dominating.  

"You know it is wrong to eavesdrop." Someone whispered to my ear.

I almost spilled my ice cream!   

"Hyeong!" I called when I realized it was Suho.

I embraced him hard. 

"Let go... can't... breathe" 

I released my clutch and smirked. 

"That's what you get for sneaking behind me" 

"Seriously?" He played with my hair. "So why do you eavesdrop" He sat down and took a scoop of my ice cream,

"Hey!" 

I looked left and right to assure no one was listening.

"See the pair beside us?"

He nodded.

"They were talking about a guy named Taotao. The guy apparently wants to see him but the lady thinks it is a bad idea. I don't know what was next since you bothered me."

Suho's gazed fixated on the guy. He seemed to be thinking of something.

"You don't say." Is all he reply.

Somehow the surrounding got very tense. Suho's face was strong, he was glancing occasionally at the tall guy. He seems to be analyzing him or something. Maybe Suho hyung is a spy and the tall guy happens to be a villain. Hyung can fit 007 very well! This is so cool!!

"Oh look at the couple to our left, they looked like you and noona!"

Suho nodded but remained motionless. He was just there listening intently.

"You know..." I said.

"Shh" He cut me off. "Let's listen."

"How long do you plan to stay here?" The lady asked.

Right about now, the guy was less tense. He was composed and replied, "3 months"

She sighed. "Then you gonna leave again without a word. You are gonna hurt him all the more."

He ignored her words, "I still want to see him." 

"Even if I say no, you won't listen will you?" She gave up. She fixed her bag and continued, "come on, meet him tomorrow."

Both of them left the store silently.

"Let's follow them Chanyeol!" Suho hyeong said. He sounded serious, his face was serious.

"I'm not done eating my ice cream yet."

"Hurry yup then." He tapped the table lightly.

I tapped the table too, harder than his but still light. "Why do you care so much about them?"

Suho hyeong got silent, "I... don't know."