Ch 8. Guilt

18 vs 29 (yunjae ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello~ o~ o~ o~ *echoes

"Yu... yunho?!"

Jaejoong find himself stuttering as his eyes made a contact with the darkened chocolate orbs.

Things wouldn’t be easy. Was the first thing his instinct tell him.

This is not the first time he witnessed how this man irish gone several shade darker, and he already learned it quite well that there is nothing good awaiting for him whenever Yunho had this kind of aura surrounding him. A shiver run down his spine imagining what kind of situation might awaits him.

A defeaning silence befall upon them. None of them know what’s actually going on or what to do in this kind of situation. Everyone is busy speculating what’s on each other mind.

Jaejoong fixated his gaze downward and slowly close his eyes, biting his lips to prevent it from quivering. He was unable to do anything as Yunho judging eyes was scrutinizing him, giving a foreign prickling sensation on his skin. Even with closed eyes, he could still tangibly feel how Yunho presence is slowly approaching, just like how a predator was silently manuevering its way towards a helpless prey.

Why? Why should he feel this way?

He didn’t remember doing anything wrong. So should he feels like he was just being caught red-handed?! Why did it felt like he is about to bear an ugly consequences of something he didn’t even recall of doing? Jaejoong cold hand involuntarily curling, tightly clutching the hem of his coat. Agonizingly wait for what was coming for him. The little voice on the corner of his head keep wondering how one gaze from this certain man could always instantly pulled him into a vulnerable state like this.

Jaejoong winched at the grip encircling his upper arms. The sudden contact sending a jolt of electricity through his whole body, instantly draining every bits of courage left in him, together with every will to fight back. Deciding not to provoke the man’s anger any further, he let Yunho pulled his body and bringing him close to the other’s stern posture. Another shiver trailing down his spine triggered by yunho low groan when their body collided a little bit too harshly.

Turning around, with Jaejoong securely wrapped around his arm, Yunho was about to leave the place without causing any unnecessary harm. He was about to leave silently and forget about everything he just witnessed, and treat it as another misunderstanding, that its probably just his jealous mind trying to make a fool out of him, if not for the resistance he suddenly felt on his hand.

Jaejoong audibly whimpers when he could feel another stubborn grip on his other hand, preventing Yunho from bringing him away from the damned place. He nervously turned his head around, the doe eyes widened in horror when he found Hyunjoong was holding his other hand firmly. Jaejoong slowly shake his head, his eyes sending a pleading look to his sunbae, begging him to let go. He start panicking when he could feel how Yunho body gone even more rigid.

These two must be the most stubborn men He ever involved himself with, Jaejoong decided. For even Hyunjoong grip on his hand only get tighter, refusing to let him go.

The next thing happened in a blink of eyes. That even Jaejoong couldn’t even apprehend on whats going on despite witnessing it with his own eyes. Barely a second ago, He was still looking at Hyunjoong hazel eyes, begging the man standing in front of him to let go, and the next thing he know, his dear Sunbae was already crouching on the ground writhing in pain, holding his now slightly deformed nose with both hands.

Jaejoong held back a shriek, he could even see a small stain of blood seeping through between Hyunjoong fingers.

What was just happened?!

Before he could register on what happened before his eyes, a loud gasp escaping his lips as he witness how Yunho long leg is delivering another hard blow to the poor man back who is by now already helplessly crouching on the ground, barely protecting himself from the merciless blow.

Jaejoong could only watch in terror as Yunho was pulling Hyunjoong by his collar and hang him high in the air, like it was has the pure intention to choke him. He could clearly hear how Hyunjoong was coughing, as he was struggling to breathe an ounce of air into his strained lungs, Hyunjoong hand was gripping tightly on Yunho unforgiving grip, clawing through its flesh, trying hard to release the iron grip.

Even on his limited memory, Hyunjoong-sunbaenim he knows was never a weakling. Unlike his smaller lean frame, Hyunjoong figure was also well-built, with firm muscle properly grew and trained on the proper part, just like how his husband body built, Physically speaking, Hyunjoong isn’t that far off behind Yunho.

Probably that was what made Hyunjoong think that he would stand a chance standing up against Yunho. Not thinking that the outstanding knowledge the actor have both in tae kwon do and hapkido would actually make a huge difference.

Jaejoong watch how hyunjoong face starting to turn pale in color as he was struggling to get out from Yunho grip, Jaejoong gaze shift to the one who still wordlessly clutching the struggling man, trying to see what’s reflected on his husband eyes, hoping he will see some kind of hesitancy or whatever other humanly emotion exist there beside warth.

He won’t actually kill the poor guy, right?

His heart dropped when he saw none. Yunho eyes reflects nothing but pure hatred, his eyes were cold, even the view alone enough to make Jaejoong quivering in fear. ! If he let this happen any longer, Hyunjoong-sunbaenim might be really dead. A goosebumps crawling on his skin just with the thought.

With the little courage he managed to collect in a short amount of time, Jaejoong quickly get in between the two, trying to push Yunho away from the withering man as hard as he can, no luck, Yunho stance didn’t budge even for an inch.

Being frightened at what might happened and feel hopeless, Jaejoong didn’t know what made him throw his hand around his husband neck, slowly and hesitantly hugs him, hoping it could calm the rage exploding in the man chest, after all blunt force won’t work on him.

“please s-stop Yunho-ssi, you may kill him!” Jaejoong said stuttering as his mind was full with fear. He shrieks as  turn his head only to see how hyunjoong face only becoming paler and paler.

Gritting his teeth, ignoring the fear lurching on his stomach, jaejoong lunch his self and hug his husband tighter. “…please” he piped in, barely above a whisper on the crook of Yunho neck. His whole body shook with fear, a tear involuntarily trailing down his cheek, and making a contact with Yunho skin.

A stream of relief gushing in Jaejoong chest once he feel Yunho starting to show response to his touch, Both the tense posture Jaejoong felt under his body and the grip Yunho had on Hyunjoong collar loosened, sending the poor man falling straight to the cold ground, Hyunjoong quickly scurried away from the ruthless man reach, avoid to receive another painful blow.

Seriously, whom he was kidding?! Hyunjoong frantically gasping for air.

Another feeling of uneasiness suddenly creeping out of the pit of his stomach. This is the first time he could feel someone eyes on him without even have to look back, Hyunjoong gather the last ounce of courage left in him and slowly look up to meet the burdening gaze. And oh boy if only he didn’t, for what meets his eyes was a pair of cold dark brown eyes looking down on him in blatant disgust, hatred, and mockery. It was a gaze that could made anyone feel that they were the lowest being on earth, so degrading that Hyunjoong could feel another invisible force choking down his throat, made him lost for words.

Turning around, hiding Jaejoong smaller frame within his larger one from the man he detest the most, Yunho finally left the dark courtyard, dragging his wife with him, leaving Hyunjoong utterly wounded and cold.

Jaejoong whimpered and sunk deeper in his seat when Yunho run over yet another red light. That was the third traffic light They had disobey.

Jaejoong send a nervous glance outside the window only to find himself fidgeting in fear the next second, realizing how fast their car is skidding trough the night road. He quickly glance towards the rear view and silently chanting a prayer, hoping they won’t encounter any patrol car, or anything that would make the whole things get more complicated. Oh wait, now that he think about it again, being caught breaching traffic policies by a mere patrol sounds so much nicer that what he may have to face right now.

Jaejoong hesitantly glance to the driver seat, the ominous look Yunho still have on his face made him frown deeper and squirm uncomfortably further into his seat. No one made any sound through their way home. Yunho gaze sternly set on the empty road ahead, didn’t even spare any second to look anywhere else. His long lean fingers turning white as he was helding the steering wheel a little too tightly. Jaejoong slowly trail his gaze upwards, albeit covered by the fine fabric of his suit, Jaejoong could clearly see how rigid Yunho posture is, like every muscle he have is involuntarily contracting right now, trying hard to hold up the turmoil stirring inside.  

Jaejoong open his mouth, desperately want to say something, only to close it again the second after.

It will be no use

Nothing come out from his mouth will spare him from this misunderstanding. This man beside him probably already made up his mind and completely believe everything Hyunjoong said.

Jaejoong chuckled grimly. And its not like he have something to defend himself. of all things, Hyunjoong sunbaenim could be telling him the truth. Whom he was kidding? He was just a clueless man who have no memory of his past, how can he defend himself if he didn’t even know the truth? does he even have any say in this matter? He bit his lips as he found himself incapable of doing anything. Again. Just how messed up his current life actually is, he wonders.

Feeling so tired all of sudden, a deep frown marring his beautiful face as Jaejoong decide to keep quiet through the rest of the journey back home. He leaned his body on the window beside him and slowly close his eyes, hoping to get home soon so this torturing journey would finally over.

The screeching sound of  tires and the abrupt stop of the car waking Jaejoong out of his reverie. Not recovering from the shock, He look over to the driver seat only to find Yunho alredy had unbuckled  his seat belt and hastily getting out of the car, leaving Jaejoong without sparing any second look.

“Yun...”

Slam!

The loud sound the car door slammed shut  in front of his face instantly shut Jaejoong mouth.

Jaejoong quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and getting off the car as quick as he can.

“wait!” Jaejoong scrambled on his step trying to follow Yunho long stride. “Yu-Yunho...!” He tried to call out his husband once again. But it was to no avail. Yunho didn’t even bother to slow down his steps even for a bit. Its very clear that he is trying to ignore and avoid having any kind of talk with Jaejoong at all cost.

Yunho keep his mouth shut as he was quickly striding his way toward his workroom, ignoring his wife desperate attempt to approach him. He knows that he should probably at least listen to what Jaejoong had to say, but seriously, all of the outrageous emotion bottled up in him right at this moment had drained all the energy he have. For now, He don’t want anything else aside shutting himself out completely, so that he could stop his own mind from going crazy thinking about things that the truth he couldn’t even fathom.

So this is it? The reason that he had so desperately seek?

So he was right from the very beginning?

Why? What does that bastard have that he don’t?

So, they’ve been foolng around behind him all these time?

Since when? How far did they go?

Did they...

, he did it again.

Its like his mind have a thought of its own, and been refusing to let him think clearly. It always goes around the most disgusting scenario Yunho thought could ever happen. An image of Jaejoong passionately holding another man aside of him flashed on his mind, and even the sole image just enough to nauseate him, and suddenly giving him this urge to break several bones.

Oh, how he regret that he didn’t.

Yunho chuckled grimly. He didn’t know what upset him more, the uncertain possibilities of his wife fooling around with another man behind him, or the fact that it took him only a word from a man he loath the most to ruin all the faith he had for his dear wife.

Oh yeah, how could i forgot about their their little plans of eloping right after his wife was done with him?

How could he forgot? It all made sense now. Yunho silently grimace.

“Yun...”

The sudden familiar soft voice and touch invading his sense send Yunho to an even more vulnerable state. No , he won’t be fooled this time. The sole thought automatically made Yunho turned defensive. He don’t know how Jaejoong touch, a touch that usually giving him the calm and solace, at that moment could give an unpleasant burning sensation on his skin and felt so... disgusting.

“GET OUT!” Yunho roughly pulled his hand out of Jaejoong grasp out of instinct, the force accidentally pushed Jaejoong several steps backward, making the smaller figure’s back bumped with the surface of the hard surface of mahogany wood of their workroom door.

Jaejoong was taken aback at the sudden outrage, too taken aback that he didn’t even bother to feel the stinging pain on his left shoulder. his widening doe eyes staring right at his husband eyes in disbelief.

He wasn’t the only one.

What meet his eyes was a pair of almond eyes staring back at him with the same amount of disbelief and regret. Even it was only visible for a brief moment, Jaejoong could see the color of those eyes turning back to its original warm color.

Feeling that this time, the other male may listen to him, Jaejoong feel like he have to try once again.

“Yun... I...”

“Im sorry, Jae. I really am...” Yunho cut Jaejoong words short as he shift his gaze away from Jaejoong pleading one, breaking their  brief eye contact. Its still really hard for him to look straight into those glazing doe eyes.

“We... we’ll talk about this later, i promise. but not now...” Yunho voice come out strained, like he have to try so hard to simply utter a word. “Im not in the right state of mind to talk right now... please...”

“Please... Boo. right now im afraid that i might do something i’ll regret...” the last sentence escaping his bow lips in a barely audible voice.

“Please...” Yunho pleads one more time without looking back at his wife, afraid of what he may see on those doe eyes would crumbled down all the defense he had put up.

Yunho don’t lie, even after everything happened, hurting Jaejoong is still the first thing he despise the most. It was actually the sole reason he is refusing to talk right now, he is really afraid that he may unintentionally hurt his wife, or make another foolish decision, just like what he did on that dreadful night. making things go broken beyond repair, and he almost did again.

Jaejoong could faintly see how Yunho broad shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter