Ch 9. Wicked

18 vs 29 (yunjae ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Howdy! Glad to finally see You~

“Sunbae, look!” the petite raven haired boy enhtusiatically waving a stack of papers to his senior. “We got so many new applicants. If its stay like this, it won’t be that long before we gained enough members to conduct a play.” The pretty guy added as he was counting the papers on his hand and handed it to the handsome chief of theatre club.

Hyunjoong sorting out the paper Jaejoong gave him. “Whoaah. This is the first time i saw this many applicants. How could you convince these people?”

“This must be because the new poster. I made it so good that so many people are finally taken interest in our club!” the raven haired proudly chimed as he was scratching his small pointed nose. Hoping to fish out some compliment from the sunbae he has been secretly crushing on.

“Omo, our Jaejoongie had been working so hard, huh? Great work!“Hyunjoong praised the adorable hoobae as he fondly the black raven hair. Jaejoong had to grit his teeth tightly to held back a squeal.

Knock knock

Before any of them could answer, the door to the theatre club room was already slided open, interrupting the conversation the two had. Jaejoong cursed lowly as he glare to the one who dare to interrupt his precious time with oh so dear Hyunjoong sunbaenim.

“Jung Yunho-ssi?” Hyunjoong furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not expecting the one who showed up behind the door. “what brings you here?”

Jaejoong can’t also hide the curiosity gleaming on his eyes when he know that the one who opened the door is no other than ‘Mr. Famous Celebrity’. He closely follow behind Hyunjoong approaching the taller brunette man.

“Isn’t this theatre club room?” Yunho finally open his mouth. “I come to look around. I already filled the application to join this club.” He added, His eyes was roaming all over the room till it landed on a certain pair of doe eyes.

 Jaejoong didn’t know why did he hide behind Hyunjoong shoulder when his eyes was accidentally met with the almond shaped eyes and whiy did he always feel that he was being closely scrutinized whenever Jung Yunho was looking at him. It feels kinda... weird.

“You did?!” Hyunjoong was clearly taken aback. “But You always turned me down whenever i asked you to join. What changes your mind?”

“Nothing” Yunho said nonchalantly as he briefly spared a look on his upperclassman, eyeing the man from head to toe. His eyes unconsciously lingered a bit too long on a delicate hand that is gripping on Hyunjoong arm from behind. “I just think that this club would do so much better if i join...” he added without breaking the eye contact with the doe eyes that had been curiously peeking through Hyunjoong shoulder.

Hyunjoong was taken aback by the overconfident retort, before he realize that Yunho isn’t really talking to him. He slowly follow the direction of Yunho intent gaze before he finally understand of what may actually going on.

Ring Ring...

“Urgghh~” Jaejoong groans lowly. Blindly reaches for his cell phone as he slowly opened his eyes, only to close it the second after to winch in pain as he was attacked by another of headache.

He had it again. A bizzare dream of his young self and Yunho... And now even Hyunjoong-sunbaenim showed up.

Jaejoong sighed heavily. Wondering just how much time did he need to finally recover his memories. So he wouldn’t feel do out of place everytime he open his eyes.

Ring Ring Ring...

The sound of his ringtone went off once more startled Jaejoong. He hiss lowly as the loud sound only made his headache went even worse. Slowly reaching on to his white dress pants pocket, Jaejoong answered his phone without looking at the caller id. “yoboseyo?” his voice still sounds hoarse from the sleep.

“THANKS HEAVEN. FINALLY ONE OF YOU PICKED UP!”

The overly eager voice made Jaejoong furrows his eyebrows, He took a glimpse of the caller id.

“Heechul...ssi. Is there any problem? You sounds kinda... troubled”

“OF COURSE I AM!”

Jaejoong startled. He wonders how could he manage to keep up with the energy this particular blonde is having.

“Is Yunho with You now?”

“Oh.. uh... um...” Jaejoong mumbles incoherently as He frantically looks around him. Feeling a bit disoriented thanks to the lack of sleep and lightheadedness, he don’t even remember how and where did he fall asleep last night and Heechul loud urging voice only worsen it.

“JOONGIE!”

“Ye-YES! He is sleeping... behind me.” Jaejoong hastily answered as he caught a glimpse of Yunho who is still lying asleep on the same sleeping spot last night.

“good. Now, get out there and quickly get on the TV! Oh, and make sure He don’t follow You!”

Jaejoong hastily get on his feet. Heechul commanding tone urges him to get on the living room as fast as his clumsy steps could safely bring him, but not without his knee trampled by living room couch on the way.

“Wha-what should i see?” Jaejoong confused voice sounds stuttering as He is frantically trying to clamped his phone between his ear and shoulder, while fumbling around with remote tv on one of his hand, and rubbing his painful knees with the other.

“OH GOSH, JAEJAE! JUST TURN IT ON! switch to whatever celebrity news you can find first!” Heechul sounded irritated that Jaejoong could tell that he is rolling his eyes accross the line.

Jaejoong quickly scroll about the channel and search for anything close to celebrity channel. His eyes  windened once he saw a certain headline scrolling down on the LED screen.

ACTOR KIM HYUN JOONG WAS SPOTTED WITH BRUISES ALL OVER HIS FACE. DONE BY A FELLOW ACTOR?

“Nation actor, Kim Hyunjoong was spotted sporting bruises all over his face last night after the closing of KBC drama awards was held. A credible sources stated that it was intentionally done by a fellow actor, J-ssi. No further clarification from both part. Rumors said that Kim Hyunjoong agency will take this matter seriously and  is preparing to put this as an assault charge if there is no official apology from...”

Jaejoong lost his focus and couldn’t hear the rest. Gone was his headache, replaced by an utter shock. Is this for real?!

“ngie... JOONGIE!”

Heechul booming voice finally wakes Jaejoong out of his reverie. Jaejoong frantically shook his head, calling out for more consciousness to gather on his head. “ye-yes?!”

“do you hear me, Joongie?” Heechul tone down his voice a bit, finally feeling a bit concerned for his best friend dismayed condition.

“Ye-yeah, Heechul-ssi. But im not sure if this is what You mean...”

“Cut the crap Joongie, and dont play dumb with me. All celebrity gossip channels in this nation are broadcasting the same damn thing! It was even more frenzier on the internet!”

Heechul overly casual words startled Jaejoong once again and instantly shut his mouth. It would take him a while to get used to this blonde man way of talking.

“Now, tell me if that news has anything to do with the fact that you both suddenly missing last night?”came Heechul interrogating tone, involuntarily made Jaejoong winched.

“Uuuuhhh... Ummmm...” Jaejoong mumbles as he isn’t sure whether it is better to tell Heechul the truth or do otherwise.

Heechul sighed exasperatedly. Jaejoong sudden inability to talk was enough to answer his question. “what the hell is exist on that man tiny head?! I already told him millions! Millions of times, Joongie! to stay ing low on the media! We just put one rumor off for him and he already goes out starting another one! How can he.... AAAARRRGGGGHHH”

Jaejoong had to put the phone away from his ear to protect his hearing, even though Heechul howl is still clearly audible even from a few metres away.

“He... Heechul-ssi, please calm-“

“HOW IN THE WORLD AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN?! WHAT SHOULD I HANDLE THIS?! I bet the agency is on fire right now. Ggrrh... this man must be thinking that nothing in this world will be able to bring him down! The media haven’t disclose who is the identity of the offender, but i already guess of what actually happened, and Jongie...”

Jaejoong nodded his head frantically as he is patiently hearing out Heechul grief. Saying  some words of assurance needed for the frantic manager to calm down, when all of a sudden the workroom behind him was swung open.

“Heechul-ssi, Y-Yunho is coming, I’ll call you back later!” Jaejoong quickly whispered

“What?! NO! Yah! Get me that bastard here this instant! I need to-“

Jaejoong abruptly cut the phone off. He quickly launched himself forward, turning off the TV, clearly  forgetting the remote that is securely wrapped on his right palm. His clumsy step failed him yet again, making him fell and bump his head with the hard surface of the table.

“Ouch” He lowly cursed as he hastily rub his head.

Yunho turn his head to the source of the pained moan, only to find his wife is straddled in a really awkward position. Jaejoong was sprawled on top of their living room table, one of his hand stretched out to the front, while his other hand was holding a tv remote on his back, one of his legs was resting on top of living room couch while the other one was dangling on the air.

“What are you doing?” Yunho curtly asked with an unreadable expression.

“.... S-stretching?” Jaejoong grimaced. Cursing inwardly at the stupid excuse.

Yunho furrow his eyebrows, he would question Jaejoong bizzare behavior if not for the sudden gush of hangover, He involuntarily scrunched his face to held back a gag, and quickly scurrying his way to the nearest bathroom.

“A-are You okay, Yunho?” Jaejoong carefully follow Yunho. The taller man was hovering on the toilet bowl, apparently disgorging every last bit of cuisine he ate last night. Jaejoong hesitantly rubbing his back in a circular motion, hoping to soothe the man nausea.

Yunho quitely turned to toilet sink to rinse his bitter mouth, ignoring his wife question. He stopped and hissed in pain when his hand making a contact with the cold water.

“careful!” Jaejoong quickly take a hold of Yunho wounded palm, and gently dab it dry with a warm towel, and slowly blowing air to the scratches to soothe the pain away, and carefully examining the wounds on Yunho palm, making sure that the band aid didn’t get peeled off. He is too engrossed on what he is doing that he is not aware of Yunho burning gaze is set on him.

Yunho was a little bit startled. No, take that back, he is utterly confused. As long as he remember, this man in front of him always try to keep him at least 5 metres away, and always tries to get away whenever Yunho is approaching. Remembering how he wasn’t on his best behavior last night, Yunho already prepared himself for the worst reaction he may get from this particular man. It won’t even be a surprise for him even if he wouldn’t find Jaejoong in this house anymore. Cause there’s no way anyone would consider his behavior last night as normal.

So why do Jaejoong acting so tender and caring toward him right now?

why do Jaejoong acting the exact opposite of what Yunho thought he would act?

Yunho shift his stare from his wife thoughtful face to the pale hands that are now gently tending his wound.

This is probably the first time his his wife initiate a skinship in such a long time....

And this time, Jaejoong touch actually feels... soothing.

This time, it was Jaejoong turn to examine Yunho. He wonders why the man stay quiet while making such a stern face. Did his touch feels that unpleasant? Jaejoong unconsciously pout, He slowly let go of the strong arm. The atmosphere around the two suddenly turns rather awkward.

“You... You hurt your hands...” Jaejoong mutters to break the tension. “I.. was just checking if the bandages got peeled off...”

Yunho nodded curtly without looking back at his wife. Pondering whether he should say something in return or not. And deciding to just go by the latter. But when he feel Jaejoong presence is slowly departing, he couldn’t restrain his lips from calling out his name to stop him. “Jae...”

Jaejoong turns once again, looking straight on to Yunho almond shaped eyes, with the looks that somehow tells Yunho that he got Jaejoong full attention. The looks that never fails to make Yunho heart skip a beat.

“Im... Im sorry for what I’ve done last night...” Yunho mutters without breaking the eye contact.

Its just like how he thought. The defense he’d put up wouldn’t stay strong in front of this man. Only one look into Jaejoong eyes and it crumbled down all the defense he had built.

“I... I did it again. Letting my emotion get the best of me, and...” a frown unconsciously gracing Yunho face yet again. It was only a few weeks since Jaejoong lost his memories of him, and yet he could only show the ugly side of him so far. Yunho never was the best at hiding his emotion whenever he was facing  Jaejoong.

Its that frown again. Jaejoong find his body moving on its own. Closing the distance between them, his hand immediately flies to cover the frown on Yunho lips.

The sudden action took both of them by surprise.

Jaejoong quickly recovered from the shock. He frantically shakes his head with what Yunho interpret as a pleading looks reflected on his eyes.

“Please don’t say any more sorry, Yunho-yah.” Jaejoong said softly, barely several inches away from Yunho face. The gentle brush of Jaejoong breathes sending a shivers down on Yunho hot skin. “I was the one who should feel sorry for not doing anything...” And for always be the cause of your misery...

By this time, Yunho couldn’t even hear what words did those red lips is uttering anymore, for he is already gone deep on his own mind. His chocolate orbs involuntarily following the movement the luscious lips is making.

What is this?!

Did... did he just imagining thigs? How could things turns out like this overnight?

Did something happened after He locked himself up?

Am I still dreaming? But how could this touch feels so real?

It feels like the time was temporarily put to a stop when their eyes met. No words were spoken as the two was intently staring at each other eyes. For once, Yunho saw those doe eyes were finally staring back at him without even the slightest hint of fear reflected in it. And it somehow made him feel rather... hopeful?

RRRIIIING RIIINGG

The blaring tune of Yunho’s phone startled both of them made the two quickly scurried away from one another. Yunho curse lowly at how of a bad timing the caller pick.

“Ye-Yea...? ” Yunho answered groggily as he fished out his cellphone out from his shirt pocket. “Director Bae...” His voice turned suddenly sour as he recognized who the caller is. He quitely leave Jaejoong behind and went to the workroom, deciding he would rather not having Jaejoong hearing what he and this man is talking about.

On the other hand, Jaejoong has already scurrying himself back to the living room. Thanking whoever is calling Yunho right now, for saving him from the embarrassing situation. He could clearly feel heat rising on his face, it probably has gone completely red right now, wondering where did he get the courage to approach the actor after what happened last night, despite knowing how his body always reacting in this particular strange way whenever he is having Yunho in a close proximity. Jaejoong exhaled several long sigh, calming his heart down.  

The blinking LED light went off from his phone distract Jaejoong from his mind. He quitely take his phone off the table.

3 missed call and 1 unread message from an unknown number...

Jaejoong curiously swiped open his phone. His doe eyes widened once he read the message.

“Jae...” Come the familiar baritone voice as the door to the workroom beh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter