Ch 4. Pieces

18 vs 29 (yunjae ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong hadn’t had a good sleep. He kept tossing and turning around here and there on his sleep. Last night, he heard a loud crash sounded from downstair. But he was too afraid to check it out, therefore,  he choosed to ignore it and go back to sleep.

3.20 a.m

It’s the fifth time tonight that Jaejoong raise awake in the middle of his sleep. The new environment keep making him feel uncomfortable and stiff. And this time, he can feel his throat dry, so he decided to get out and look for something to drink, and so, he went downstair.

On his way to the kitchen, Jaejoong took a glance on the living room, there, Jaejoong can see the form of  his said husband was lying on the sofa, in such an uncomfortable position. The sofa seems too small for him, Yunho legs was hanging out from the sofa, He was lying flat on his stomach, so Jaejoong can’t see whether his said husband was still sleeping or not.

He seriously slept there? Its December and he can sleep without a blanket?

Feeling a pity for the man that lying down on the sofa, he gather all of  his courage to approach Yunho and softly wake him.

“Jung Yunho-ssi, i’m awake, if you still wanna sleep, you can take the room Yunho-ssi, you can catch a cold sleeping here...” Jaejoong softly shake Yunho legs.

No response.

“Yunho-ssi?” Jaejoong try again. Now he shake Yunho legs a bit harder.

Yunho letting out a low groan, he shrugged Jaejoong hold and only went deeper to the sofa. He bend his legs so now he hugged both of his legs, and Jaejoong didn’t miss the slight shivers on Yunho form. And now, he can tell that the man was sleeping with a harsh breath.

“Yunho-ssi?” Jaejoong said. Now his hand flying to Yunho arms, holding it. Yunho was only wearing a grey polo shirt, and he wear no blanket, so his arms wasn’t covered by anything. And Jaejoong can feel an excessive amount of heat on his palm, thrilled, his hand went to out to reach for Yunho’s forhead, his slid his hand on the space beetween Yunho face and the sofa, ignoring Yunho who was groaning yet again. once he was able to touch Yunho’s forehead, he immediately retracted his hand. Yunho was burning.

Worried, Jaejoong shook Yunho form. “Yunho-ssi. You have a fever. Please don’t sleep here. It might get worse.”

And Jaejoong only get a low “urrrngh” as his feedback. And his hand was shrugged yet again from Yunho body.

Of course, its no wonder that Yunho catch a cold. He had months of shooting non stop. Which only gave him a mere 3 hours to sleep each day. Its already a miracle that Yunho’s body could hold on up until this point. Yesterday accident was the last blow that he can received, it seems like that yesterday incident really had a big impact on Yunho. It stressed him out so bad that finally Yunho body decided to give up. And It’s time for his body to finally break down.

Jaejoong bites his lips, blaming himself. This man in front of him was sleeping outside because he took his bed. And he even forgot to offered the man even a layer of blanket to provide him warmth, in a middle of cold autumn. He whimpers, feeling yet another guilt building in him. he was pacing back and forth in the living room thinking of what he is going to do. Finally get his decision. He back approaching Yunho lying form.

“im sorry, Yunho-ssi” Jaejoong said before he pried Yunho folding arms open and with a much effort, slinging it around his neck. And with all of  strength he possessed, he pull himself up with Yunho’s body lying on his back.

Daaaaaaaamn. This is the first time he lift something or to be precise, someone this heavy. Of course, Yunho form is much bigger than his, it so big that if it was seen from their back, Jaejoong form is completely hidden. Jaejoong clenched his teeth and drag his step forward, wobbling here and there, almost stumbling on his step occassionally. He was almost losing all of his energy, when he was met with the stairs, that looks soooo much taller than the stairs he just descended a while ago. He cursed lowly.

“Damn you rich people, i know there is never any good reason on having an extra floor on your  house. And why the hell do you have to place your main bedroom upstairs huh?! Don’t you think it will only give more trouble on an occasion like this?!” Jaejoong shake Yunho form on his back a little, making it slided a bit, and only making it heavier, he whimpers, regretting his action.

He took sometime standing at the end of stair gathering his breath, will and power.  

“Kim Jaejoong, fighting!” he shouted, taking his first step ascending the stairs. He hold the banister tightly with one hand and ther other hand still holding Yunho arms that circling around his neck, he bends his body forward, so now Yunho legs was lifted from the floor and Yunho’s weight is now fully placed on his back.

Jaejoong face is becoming redder and redder each time he take his steps upstair, he endure it all by clenching his teeth harder. He can’t wait for the time he finally arrive on the bedroom upstair, kicking the door open, and throwing this body that leisurely lying on top of his back off to the bed.  Seriously, its not only that Yunho heavy weight that he have to endure, but he also have to bear the weird feeling lurching on his stomach everytime Yunho hot breath brushed against his nape, and Yunho lips that always slightly brushed on it, everytime he mumbles in his delirium state.

And finally when he see the tall mahogany door of the main bedroom, he quickened his pace despite his out of breath and exhausted body. He enter the bedroom and strolling his way to the bed, but of course, the clumsy Jaejoong in him wouldn’t let him place Yunho body on the bed safely. It was only some steps remaining, when Jaejoong legs finally stumbled on the carpet that covering that bedroom, faltering his steps and sending his body flying, fortunately landing on the fluffy bed, but unfortunately, with Yunho still safely placed on top of his back.

Yunho, still in his delirium state, seem to find the warmth emanating from something below him relaxing. And he unconciusly circling his arms around Jaejoong waist and brought Jaejoong closer, and buried his face deeper on Jaejoong neck. When he feel the wanted warmth successfully warped on his body,  he let out a content sigh. And this, of course alerted Jaejoong.

Jaejoong frantically trying to get out of Yunho hold. He struggled, thrying to pry Yunho arms away from his body, and throw it sideway. He quickly distance himself and crawling to the corner of the bed, taking a pillow on the way for his protection, in case Yunho suddenly regain his conciousness and decided to attack on  him just like yesterday incident.

After sometime waiting and there’s no such things happened, he finally set the pillow aside and take a look on Yunho lying form.

Jaejoong regeretting his decision, because he can feel his heart clenched as soon as he looks at his husband lying form. The entire form of Yunho body looks red. He looks like he was having difficulities to simply breath. His shirt drenched in sweat that trickling from his whole body, and his face looks like it was in such a big pain. A pained groan occassionally escaping from the bow shaped lips.

Jaejoong crawled back to Yunho side and pulled him, arranging Yunho body so now Yunho is sleeping in a comfortable position. Softly tucked under some layers of warm blanket with fluffy pillow lied under his head, after quickly changing Yunho shirt and wipe the excessive sweat off him (which he find really hard since he didn’t dare to take a look on Yunho body on the process).Yunho remain showing a pained expression, it seems like Yunho is now having a nightmare, his lips keeps mumbling some incoherent stuff and his head keeps turning sideways. And Jaejoong can feel his heart aching more everytime Yunho letting out a groans in his sleep. It just feels like that he also can feel the pain that Yunho is now going through.

Jaejoong hand unconsiously move slowly towards Yunho brown locks and softly it, hoping it could ease the pain that the man in front of him is suffering. “sssh.. it’s okay Yunho-ssi... it’s okay...” Jaejoong softly whispered on Yunho ear. Still brushing his pale fingers on Yunho’s brown locks.

And it works. Yunho’s form gradually stop tossing around and it calmed down. Yunho lips let out another content sigh and his head is moving slightly, leaning more to Jaejoong palm like it was searching for more comfort. His labored breath and pained expression finally get soften . And Jaejoong silently stay there, keep Yunho sleeping form and staring at his face. He sighed, finally, he can feel his own heart stop aching.

After making sure Yunho is sleeping calmly, Jaejoong rise from his place and turn around, he take some steps toward the door. Before his step faltered halfway.

“Jaee... hh... where are you going...?” Yunho voice suddenly filling the silent room. Jaejoong turn his head, staring back on Yunho sleeping form. Yunho eyes is still tightly shut, seems like he was having another nightmare.

“Don’t go Jae... hh.. don’t leave me....” Yunho mumbled softly in between his harsh breath. His hand weakly flying, like he is trying to reach for something, Before his head turned sideway, his flying hand fall down and he mumbled some incoherent words and Jaejoong can’t hear clearly. Seconds later, Jaejoong can see Yunho body back breathing softly, seems like he finally back to his sleep.

Jaejoong bit his lips. His heart swelled. He don’t know what is this man having as his dream but he can know it involves him. is he having such a big impact on him? even after he completely forget about him? with a heavy heart, Jaejoong get out of the room and head downstair.

 

 

Jaejoong straightly goes to the kitchen and turn the stove on in order to cook a warm chicken porridge, preparing a basin full of lukewarm water and dry cloth to compress Yunho forehead later. He wander around the big house trying to search for first aid kit, and  finally find it in one of his top kitchen counter. He tiptoed slightly, trying to reach for it and getting it out from the kitchen counter. After some seconds rummaging through it, he pull out a strip of aspirin and a thermometer out, And place it down on a tray. Together with a bowl of warm chicken porridge, a glass of water and the small basin. He quickly head upstairs.

On his way upstairs, he hears a sound of ringing tone from living room. He halt his step , approaching the source of the sound, and found that it was coming from the phone that Yunho used last night.

‘Heechul-ah is calling’ is blinking on the screen.

Jaejoong set aside the tray he hold on the table. And he took the phone.

“Is this a cell phone? Why is it so thin?” Jaejoong wonders, as he lift Yunho phone from the table. “how can I use this?...” Jaejoong fumbling with the phone screen a little, he accidentally swiped the answering button. Before he could greet the one accross the line, a sound of someone yelling booming through the speaker filling the entire room. And Jaejoong have to put the phone speaker away from his ear.

“JUNG YUNHO!! WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU NOW?! YOU TOLD ME YOU’RE GOING TO PERSONALLY APOLOGIZE TO DIRECTOR BAE TODAY?! BUT WHERE ARE YOU KNOW?! YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT HERE ATTENDING THE MEETING WITH THE WHOLE STAFF AND OTHER CASTS! AND YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT HERE FROM LIKE...” Heechul pause briefly to take a look on his watch. “ONE HOUR AGO! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU NOW HUH?! DON’T TELL ME YOU’RE GOING TO DISSAPPEAR WITHOUT NOTICE JUST LIKE YESTERDAY?!  DO YOU HEAR ME???!!! ANSWER ME JUNG YUNHO!”

“Um... Hechuul-ssi?” Jaejoong said timidly when he is given the chance to.

“Huh?!” Heechul sounds taken aback. “This voice is... Joongie? Oh my God. Im sorry Joongie, i thought this was Yunho anwering. Umm... where’s Yunho? Could you please connect me to him? I have to tell something important to him...”

“Umm... Yunho-ssi is sleeping upstair now... he..”

“WHAT?! HE IS SLEEPING?! HOW DARE HE IS SLEEPING ON CRUCIAL TIME LIKE THIS?! Jae, please give the phone to him. i will smack some sense right into his head right now!” Heechul command, histerically.

“A-Actually, Heechul-ssi, Im sorry, b-but i don’t think he can answer you phone right now... he is not in a good condition. He has a high fever. I was just going check how high it is when you’re calling...” Jaejoong add, stuttering. This Heechul guy sounds not that nice.

“What?!.. sigh.. that Jung Yunho. I told him to be careful of his health. This surely will interfere the drama shoots...” Heechul sigh, stopping for a while.

“I... im sorry Heechul-ssi...” Jae unintentionally apologize, feeling that all of this was his fault to begin with, for letting Yunho sleeping outside.

“W..what? oh no Joongie. You don’t have to apologize. It’s fine, i’ll go convince the director to give him another chance.. sigh... thanks for informing me Jae... oh and yeah. By the way, how are you? Yunho told me you were caught on an accident yesterday? Are you alright?”

“Umm... im fine really. Nothing serious happened, really.” Jaejoong nods, not sure if he is allowed to inform about his actual condition right now.

“oh... its nice to know that you’re okay. Okay,  Jae, i have to go back to the meeting room right now. If you need any help on Yunho, you can call me okay, i’ll call Siwon to check on him...” Heechul offered.

“Oh... o-okay Heechul-ssi. I’ll surely call you if something happened...”

“Okay, bye Jae, please take care of Yunho.”

“Um.. bye!”

And they both ended the call.

Sighing, he placed the phone back on the table. It’s good that this Heechul guy not sounded suspicious of him. he take the tray and back walking upstair.

 

“Hmmm... It’s strange. Why did Joongie calling me with ssi? He used to call me ‘chullie’?” Heechul wonder on his way back to the meeting room. He have to prepare himself to face the angry director Bae. “And why did he also called Yunho with ssi? What’s going on?” Heechul only shrugs, thought he was mishearing it.

“so, what is his excuse this time?” the stern voice of Director Bae greets him once Heechul open the door to the meeting room.

“Um.. actually director-nim. Yunho’s wife just informed me that Yunho is sick. So, im afraid he can’t make it today...” Heechul said.

“See? I know he was no good. Just because he have a high reputation and some fame doesn’t mean that im afraid to kick him out my actor list!”director Bae sounded upset.

“we... we’re sorry director-nim. Please give him another chance, yesterday he was just...” Heechul was going to convince the director when someone cut him.

“Please calm down director-nim. Getting angry over small things like these is not good for your blood pressure. Heechul oppa said that Yunho-oppa is sick right now. We should tolerate his absence since it was only the first time this is happening right? We’re so busy these past months, Yunho-oppa must be tired already. We should give him a rest for a while...” a beautiful lady suddenly appear behind director Bae, it was Yunho female lead, Go Ara she lightly hold Director Bae shoulder, and gently massaged it. “And i think, you also need a little rest Director-nim. Look. Your shoulder is so tense all over...” She add, showing her best smile that successfully melt the director heart.

“Ah... I think you’re right. I needed some rest.” Director Bae said grinning.

“Heechul, tell Yunho i forgiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter