Ch 3. Reasons

18 vs 29 (yunjae ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Im sorry for disturbing you at this kind of hour, Junsu.” Yunho said, opening his front door, letting a bubble gum haired man enter his home.

Junsu eyes wandered around. He pulled his coat off and hang it on a coat hanger, “i’ts okay. Im still worried anyway... where’s Jae hyung?” he asked.

Yunho cocked his head upstairs. “ He locked himself up in our room for two hours already. He refuse to let me in, no matter ho hard i try to ask him to open the door...”

Junsu turn his head, brows lifting. “did something happened?”

After the little incident on the bathroom, Jaejoong, with all his might and power, pushed Yunho out of their bathroom, and out of their bedroom also, slamming the door in front of Yunho’s face and locked himself in.

Yunho shift his stare sideway, avoiding Junsu’s questioning gaze. But Junsu didn’t miss his brother in law fidgeting in his place. Something must have happened, he decided.

Junsu walked upstair, to the tall mahogany door where Jaejoong locked himself in. and finally, knocked onto it,

“Hyung?” Junsu called his brother.

“Junsu?!” shout the one inside.

Then Junsu heard a series of shuffling steps, a thud that unfortunately followed by his brother ‘ouch’. Junsu chuckled, knowing that Jaejoong must be stumbled into something again, adding something on his collection of light bruise. He then again heard the footstep nearing towards him before the door in front of him widely opened. Jaejoong wide grin greets him....only for a mere 3 seconds, before Jaejoong eyes widen and his smile turn upside down, seeing the Junsu in front of him is not the junsu whom he had expected. Jaejoong then again slams the door in front of Junsu’s face.

Taken aback, Junsu knocked the door again, repeatedly, and louder this time.

“Hyung! Open the door! It’s me, Junsu!” Junsu ask.

“Can you guys stop this joke already? One ert claim to be my husband, and the other claimed to be my little brother. What’s next? I think its only a matter of time till someone appear and claimed to be my son!” Jaejoong shouted from inside the room.

“Hyung~ please, don’t be like this. Please let me in so i can explain what actually happened you hyung.. ne?” Junsu ask again, he called his hyung with a whiny tone he used to use when they were younger.

Feeling the presence, voice and how the blue haired guy act was somehow so familiar to him, Jaejoong again, open the door separating him from the said Junsu, he peeked through the slit of the door and staring at the cute man in front of him with a suspicious stare.

“Stop staring at me like that hyung.” Junsu said. But Jaejoong never listen.

“Im still thinking you’re not my Junsu...” Jae voicing out his doubt. His cute lips pouting and protruding forward. He narrowed his eyes into a tiny slits.

Junsu palmed his face “oh please, not this argument again....” Junsu sighed tiredly, remembering the same conversation he had with his brother back then on the hospital. Seriously, it felt like deja vu.

Jaejoong eyed the blue haired Junsu from eye to toe, giving a clear evidence that he didn’t buy anything the blue-haired stranger said to him. Junsu, having had enough being suspected lying, putting his arm on both his hips, challenging his brother.

“Ok. Fine. I understand. How about this?...”

Jaejoong blinks.

“You, Kim Jaejoong, how old you said you were then? Oh right, 18. Ok. Um... Kim Jaejoong, you still wet your pants even until your age was 14 years old....”

Jaejoong eyes widen. He blinks his eyes again. Surprised by what this stranger said. He feels his cheek burned.

“but since we’re always sleeping together back then, everytime our umma questioning the wet blanket, you had the nerve to always blame me.” Junsu said, pointing himself. He bend his body a little forward, to challenge his brother more. Jaejoong freezed up on the door frame, Flabbergasted by the knowledge of a dirty little secret the stranger knows about him.

“And when you are 16, you found out that you, in fact were gay. For this little crush you had for Hyunjoong sunbaenim from 2nd grade, right?” Junsu adds with a smirk, putting one of his hand on the door frame. Slightly amused with the looks of his brother. Wide eyes, mouth hanging. Owh, he get it, Junsu thought. “and you even joined the theatre club just for the sake of getting closer to him.” Junsu added, tilting his head, showing a bolder smirk.

 “guess what hyung? One day, I found your confession letter on the desk,  for god sake, the paper was PINK! With a hello kitty stamp sticked on it! Written with a fuschia ink! I thought back then that it was a love letter written for you by some 5th grader girl, but no. The handwriting was obviously yours, and you even put your signature on it. And you even foolishly attached your selca on it! And even you phone numb... umff mff mfff” Junsu rant was cut for Jaejoong already pried the door open,  jump out of the room, covering junsu mouth with his own palm so that Junsu could stop spilling his embarassing secrets.

Jaejoong drags the blue haired man inside the room, once they are both inside, he closed the room and uncover junsu mouth.

“Junsu...?” Jaejoong whispered, eyes stare at the cute stranger in fornt of him. he again, eyed Junsu from head to toe with his now widened doe eyes.

“Uh huh?” Junsu nods. Staring back at his brother.

“You... you have grown so much...” Jaejoong adds, still with a whisper, now covering his mouth with both of his hand.

“yeah, and that, i told you already...” Junsu rolled his eyes heavenwards.

“JUNSUUUU!!...”  Jaejoong shrieked, lauching himself at the blue haired man. Finally someone he knows.

“I... im sorry, it just that.. suddenly everything around me changed. I remember i was at school sleeping through the lesson, but then, i woke up, finding you, that i thought was a stranger with the other strangers, not letting me go home. So I... Im sorry...I... I...” Jaejoong rant, hugging his now acknowledged little brother.

“Its okay hyung.. its okay... its not your fault. The important thing is that you finally believed me.” Junsu hug his brother back. Soothing his hand up and down on Jaejoong back.

“Why? Why suddenly everything changed? Why did you changed so much? Why can’t i even recognized the way back to our home? Why cant i remember everything happened?” Jaejoong ask, lifting his head up, staring at Junsu with a moist eyes. Finally he can drop his defend down, Junsu is one of few person he can show his weakness to.

“well, the doctor said back then, that you suffered this thing called amnesia, hyung...” Junsu said, still soothing his brother’s back with his hand.

Furrowing his brow, Jaejoong letting out of Junsu hold. He tilt his head sideway “You mean... like those shown on movies?...” he asked.

Junsu nods. “You are 29 already, hyung. Not 18. On your way to law of... i mean, your friend’s house, you’re caught on an accident, and wake up, suddenly saying that you are an 18 years old.”

“So... so... I really am a grown ups already? And that pereverted old man outside is really is my husband?” Jaejoong ask unbelieving, pointing outside.

“erted old man?” Junsu lift one of his brows, reciting what his brother said, he shift his stare where his brothers finger is pointed to.

“You mean Yunho hyung outside? Yes hyung... he is your husband.” Junsu said, well, in fact, technically, his brother is still married to Yunho hyung, he thought.

“What?! How could I married someone like him? no! A selfish man with a face that will cause so much trouble like him is never my taste. Why didn’t you stop me from marrying him?!” Jaejoong asked frustrated.

“what?” Junsu ask back, not knowing what he have to answer to the foolish question his brother ask. “I... I don’t know hyung. Well, you two are sure in love with each other, thats what i know, and by the way, why are you calling him ert?”

“He kissed me Junsu! He forced a kiss on me! He stole my first kiss! That first kiss that i had saved all through my teens life for someone i love! I planned on giving it to Hyunjoong Sunbae!” Jaejoong shout.

Junsu snots, Heck, first kiss my . You two are almost having a child already. A kiss is just like your minutely routine. Junsu thought, but well, in this kind of circumstances, Yunho hyung should be able hold himself a little. He added to his mind.

“well hyung, technically, no one called someone a ert whe they’re kissing their wives, so well, yeah,i can’t say that it was Yunho hyung is at fault for kissing you...” Junsu said.

“YOU DEFEND HIM???!” Jaejoong said out loud, surprised that his brother is taking on the old man side.

“No, no hyung! That’s not what i mean. It’s just that, yeah, you may not remembered it now, but you two are a married couple already. So a little kiss sure is what you two are used to give to each other occassionally. And why are you getting so worked up over this? Its just a kiss hyung.” Junsu ask, trying to calm his brother down.

“I told you it was my first kiss! And its not only a kiss Junsu! He used his tounge! And he wear no shirt too!” Jaejoong add, he remembered the incident back, and he can feel some heat creeping back to his pale cheek.

“eww hyung! Stop! I don’t want to know about that!” Junsu shudders, not wanting to imagine one of his brother intimate moment with his husband. Even though he had already witnessed some of it, but he didn’t need details.

“see? It’s disgusting right? So Junsu, let’s go home. I wanna go home. I miss our Umma and Appa. I don’t know why but it felt like i haven’t meet them for such a looong time.” Jaejoong said, suddenly holding one of Junsu hand, staring at Junsu with his famous puppy eyes.

“What? You.. you cant hyung...” Junsu said, confused. He shrugged his brother’s hold softly. He was not ready for this sudden question. Oh, of course, there’s a lot of things happened on 11 years Jaejoong lost.

“why? Why can’t i meet umma and appa? I miss them so much Junsu...” Jaejoong whined.

Because they’re not here anymore. They’re in heaven hyung, they’re both died in an accident 7 years ago... But Junsu didn’t have the heart to break it out. They are both had had a hard time getting used of their sudden loss of parents. Especially his Jaejoong hyung. Junsu remembered years ago, when they found that their parents died, Jaejoong  decide to discontinuing college, so he could work really hard days and nights to pay for Junsu school fees. Junsu was still a high school student back then, Jaejoong didn't want anything disrupt Junsu excellent grade. So Jaejoong didn’t allow him to work for himself. Opposite to Junsu, who cried everytime remembering their parents, Jaejoong never shed any of tears in front of people. He’s putting up a strong facade for Junsu that time. But Junsu had know, by the low sobs he heard every nights in the room beside his, his Jaejoong hyung is also so depressed by the sudden loss, and of course, it was harder for Jaejoong, cause he is the oldest out of the two, and he have to take care of his younger brother needs from then on. And so, Junsu decided that he also have to be strong for his hyung.

“They... they are in Hawaii at the moment... enjoying their second honeymoon... we... we can’t disturb their sweet moments, can we?” Junsu said silently. Not knowing what he uttered himself. By the time he covered his mouth up, its already too late. A lie had already left his lips. He bits his inner lips. Eyeing his brother reaction.

“Humph! That annoying parents. Didn’t they know that i was suffering here? How can they have their honeymoon when i was struggling here?” Jaejoong huff loudly, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“w-well... anyway hyung, i have to go. one of the class I was tutoring requesting for a supplementary lesson tonight, sice the university entrance exam is coming out soon. We’re going to put out an all-nighter tonight, so I can’t bring you home right now...” Junsu said, disturbing Jaejoong trains thought.

“Eh? Wow. My Junsu works a tutor right now? Hehe. You sure growing up into smart man! Hyung is proud of you Junsu!” Jaejoong said smacking Junsu’s back.

Junsu smiled thinly, staring at his hyung. “no hyung, I am teaching english at SNU, but ocassionally, i teach some high schooler for supplementary lesson in Yoochun tutoring institution. You know? The other one you saw at the hospital?”

“THAT PRESTIGIOUS SEOUL UNIVERSITY?! WOW JUNSU! YOU ARE A GENIUS!” Jaejoong shout, surprised by the fact that his once crybaby brother suddenly turns out to be a capable man. A smile is widely displayed on his face and his hand fly to Junsu’s head proudly.

It’s all thanks to you hyung. Junsu smiled sofly, seeing his brother who is now his head innocently.

Junsu remembered, back then, knowing his brother worked his off for him, Junsu also did his best on his study. And that, gains him a shcolarship to most prestigious university in South Korea. That time too, his Jaejoong hyung had been the happiest person knowing the information. He even throw a little congratulation party for Junsu and his friends, despite their thight financial condition.

“So hyung, i have to leave now. But i promise, i’ll be back here tomorrow, early in the morning. Our appointment is on 10 p.m so...” Junsu said checking on his wristwatch, its 9.10 already.

“Oh, of course, of course. Hyung will bear that erted old man for a little while. You can’t show up late in front of your student. Wait for me for a while downstair, i’ll search for something to change in a minute. Then, i’ll cook something something for you before you leave.” Jaejoong said, remembering that he is still wearing a hospital gown. He softly push Junsu out of the room, and locking it back once Junsu is outside. Junsu throws a knowing smile on the door, His Jaejoong hyung never changed. Always the one who will never let himself becoming a burden for anyone.

Shaking his head, he head downstairs.

 

 

“how’s him?” Yunho ask when Junsu reach the last step of the stairs. He had been waiting at the end of the stair for Junsu to come out from his and Jaejoong bedroom.

Smacking his brother in law’s head was the first thing Junsu did when he reach down floor.

“Aw! What was that for?” Yunho asked, taken aback. These siblings sure loves to hit him today.

“It was all because of you! If only you treated Jae hyung well, it wouldn’t be like this! He asked about our parents and i have to lie from him! what should i do? Jae hyung is so depressed back then when our parents died....” Junsu asked Yunho with a desperate eyes, remembering his lies to his brother.

“w.. what?... i... im sorry, I promise we will find the right time to tell him the truth...” Yunho said, slightly feeling lost. “di.. did he believe everything now? Did he finally understand the condition? You seem two seems taking a while talking up there...” he added.

“Well... i had a hard time convincing him at first, but now he is fine. He told me to wait here while he changed.” Junsu said to Yunho, he walks towards the living room, where he put his bag back then on a sofa. He rummaging through it for a while, and pulling out a big brown envelope and a phone from it.

“...And Hyung, you should hold yourself a little. Of course anyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter