Of Pizzas and Being Hot

A Collection

Huffing Hyukjae almost threw his backpack across the room, yes he was pissed off but not enough to not consider that expensive looking vase that would have certainly fallen off had he thrown the backpack. Settling for harshly throwing it at his feet he marched over to the kitchen, hunting for something to eat, nothing.

Grumbling he stalked towards the phone, trying to shove away bad memories of the day at his new internship and tried to focus on the number he was dialing, deciding on ordering pizza.

Thankyou for calling Palio’s, our landlines are disconnected, kindly place your order through our website, sorry for the inconvenience.”

Rolling his eyes he slammed the receiver down, in the process hurting his thumb and wincing, the pain helped channelize some of his anger away, now he was just look sad as he progressed to the backpack, hoping the laptop inside had not been damaged by his harsh throw.

It blinked on and he sighed with relief. Stomach churning he quickly went over to the pizza place’s site and did a quick easy login to order some pizza. His gaze caught something interesting and he almost snorted at an optional open space with the title “additional requests”. Hyukjae thought for a bit, smirked and typed in the words:

Tell me I’m hot

He grinned mischievously as he got a confirmation notification that his order had been received and it would be at his doorstep within twenty minutes.

--

Having showered, missed an important call and calling back to a haughty internship fellow who was rather hard to deal with, hyukjae had been startled by the doorbell. He scoffed at himself, of course! He had ordered pizza.

Scrambling to get the door once he opened it he felt himself smiling a little more because one: food had arrived indeed and second: food had arrived in the hands of a super cute guy with a slight dimple appearing on his smiling face. The guy blinked at him before stammering over something once Hyukjae chirped ‘hello’. Hyukjae smirked a bit more as the guy’s eyes oh so obviously darted all over him and then he instantly looked down, fumbling with sheet of paper and pen as he struggled to slip into his professional delivery boy mode and greeted Hyukjae formally. Hyukjae reached out for the pen, all the while eyes on the guy’s face “What’s your name?” Hyukja wondered aloud as he signed his name.

“D- Lee Donghae, sir.” A pair of chocolate eyes wearily glance up before they lowered to take out a flat box of pizza, eyes darting everywhere as he shuffled his feet.

“uh, um did you place the order by y-yourself?”

Hyukjae frowned a bit and smiled “No, my mafia boss did.”

Donghae’s mouth fell open a bit and Hyukjae snorted and he shook his head “I’m just playing with you, chill man. Yeah I placed the order myself, why?” he grinned brightly and donghae seemed a bit lost before he suddenly shook his head, an awkward smile “Oh um, so you- um okay then.”

Hyukjae raised a brow as Donghae seemed to broaden his shoulders and stand taller, as if gathering all his courage he stared right into Hyukjae’s eyes

“You’re hot.”

Hyukjae stood there, unblinking, half-smile frozen oh his face as his mind slowly registered what he was just told. Meanwhile Donghae’s complexion seemed to be turning several shades on pink in a matter of seconds, his shoulders slumping as he made to move away, muttering a “have a nice day”

“Wait!”

Donghae squeaked a bit as his hand was jerked a bit and suddenly he was standing closer to Hyukjae.

“You think I’m hot?” Hyukjae had a near to accusing look on his face, panicked Donghae quickly shook his head “No!”

Hyukjae’s face turned offended “I-I mean yes! Yes I- wait a second!” Donghae tried shrugging off Hyukjae’s hands as he scowled in confusion “Didn’t you fill that in yourself on the “additional requests” option??”

Hyukjae squinted his eyes,  he had completely forgotten about that and so he let his mind race as he cocked his head, disappointment lingering on his face “But I think you’re cute-aw shucks why don’t you think I’m hot?” Hyukjae felt the pout in his voice and that’s when his racing thoughts finally rung a bell.

Oh, that Additional Request option.

Hyukjae almost doubled over and a fit of laughter hit him “oh-that!” he gasped and  Donghae scrambled back a bit, sheepishly grinning and nodding “Yeah..that..um, so I should be going.” He felt his cheeks burning and that seemed to make Hyukjae forcibly compose himself, he still giggled a bit though “Wait, can I please have your number?”

The way Donghae smiled in that moment was sketched onto Hyukjae’s heart. From then on, Hyukjae always filled in the “additional request” option and the delivery guy would gladly fulfill said request.