He's Back

Why You of All People

When we get back to my house, Tao and I are both sticky from having our little ‘ice cream fight’.  We stride over to the sink, wet some towels and quickly start to wipe our faces and arms.

“That was such a waste of ice cream.” Tao pouted.

“Hey you were the one that started it!”I say, jabbing my finger into his chest, while wiping my hair with the towel.

“But you didn’t need to continue it!” Tao says, flicking my forehead.

“Ow!” I yelp, quickly rubbing my sore forehead.

“Well, I better get home since our day has come to an end.” Tao sighs as his shoulders slump.

“Oh it’s this late already?” I ask, looking up towards my wall clock that read 6:00. Disappointment hit me, but I wave it off. I’ll see him in class tomorrow so there’s no reason to be sad he’s leaving. I lead him towards the door, and watch as he puts his shoes back on and opens the door but before stepping out, he turns back towards me.  His face is completely serious as he leans in to my face. Involuntarily, I close my eyes as he comes closer and closer. But instead of feeling his lips on mine as I expected, I felt his thumb brush over the corner of my lips.

“You had a little bit of ice cream left on your face. Why…were you expecting something else?” Tao asks with smirk and a raised brow.

My face flushes as I try to cover it with one hand, while pushing Tao out the door with the other. I close the door at the speed of light before Tao even has the chance to say goodbye. Sliding down the door, I felt my heart racing. I slapped my hands over both of my cheeks and did a high-pitched squeal. I really thought he was going to kiss me. And I was going to let him. 


I arrived at school, back with my cold and chic persona, CL. I wanted to show off my legs today so I wore this http://data.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/73121/2ne1-cl-reveals-her-chic-style-through-photo-excited-for-solo-debut.jpg. As usual everybody was staring at me. Guys drooled, while girls muttered insults such as out of jealousy. I walked into class, eager to see if Tao keeps to his promise about being his normal self. I looked to where my desk was and what greeted me was Tao and his childish smile, waving me over. I smiled back, happy he kept to his word. I sat down next to Tao and felt my heart beating faster than usual. I tried to act as I usually did, and started to make small talk with him before class started. But before I could, the bell rang, along with the teacher walking into class. And thus class had begun.

Throughout class, I couldn’t help but to steal quick glances at Tao. Why am I so conscious about him now? I became so conscious of him, that I constantly made mistakes on my worksheet. Tao had to help me the whole time. So when the bell rang, I gathered all my belongings, and bid him a goodbye as I strode towards the door. Thankfully Tao just said ‘see you later’ instead of chasing after me. I sighed in relief as I walked to my next class feeling at ease.

 

As lunch time rolled around, I went over to my table but to only be stopped by Dara and Bom with anxious faces. This can’t be good…

“Chaerin, we have to tell you something.” Dara said gripping my arm.

“Okay? Then tell me, hurry!” I said.

“Yesterday when you weren’t here, he came back.” Bom warned.

“Who?” I asked exasperatedly.

“I’m back.”

No. It can’t be him. He moved away. I turn around slowly and there he is. Nothing has changed about him. Definitely not his height that’s for sure.

“Suho.” I whispered.

“I’m back Chaerin.” Suho says with a smile.

I can’t speak. My throat feels constricted as though someone’s squeezing it. I feel tears start to prick my eyes as Suho moves towards my direction. My hands are shaking, but then warmth engulfs them as Tao grabs them and pulls me to stand behind him.

“Who are you?” Tao growls.

“None of your business, I’m only interested in her.” Suho argued, as he nods his head in my direction. 

“Well if it deals with CL, it is my business.” Tao retorted. I gripped the back of his shirt. Tao feeling this, ushered me out of the cafeteria away from all the staring eyes. And away from Suho. We went into an empty closet and he locked the door.

“Tell me.” Tao demanded.

I stayed silent as I hung my head low.

“This is not the CL I know. The CL I know is chic and fierce but also cute. He has to be someone important if he could break you down this easily. Please, tell me.” Tao pleaded this time with a softer voice.

I breath out a sigh as I slowly raise my head. Tao is staring at me with concerned eyes as I look at him. I calm down to even out my breathing and racing heart.

“Okay, I’ll tell you.” I sigh. “It all began in my freshman year of highschool…”

 


I'm back! This is a short update, I know. My teachers are just piling on the work, I have to read 3 books in english, and have a quiz every day in math. I won't updtae again till winter break sorry! 

tumblr_lrch6pKlIE1qkxuneo1_500.gif