Childish

Why You of All People

Surprisingly, Tao didn’t do anything to me during class. We both took notes and it was the first time I saw him having such a serious face. I hate to admit it, but he does look quite handsome when he doesn’t have his mouth running all the time. But with my luck, he caught me staring at him.

“Like what you see?”

Feeling a light blush coating my features, I turned away hastily, and went back to my work. I could hear light chuckle as I scribbled on my paper to make it seem like I was working. God, what was I thinking. He may be handsome but he’s still a brat.

When the bell rang, I quickly gathered all my belongings and walked out of the classroom before Tao could even utter a word to me. But just as I walked outside the classroom door, I felt an arm snake its way around my waist.

“Hey Chaerin.” Kris huskily said into my ear.

“Get your hands off of me Kris”  I said as I pinched his hand.

“I’m just teasing, I’m just teasing. Tch can’t take a joke at all can you Chaerin?” He replied as he nursed his injured hand.

“You got what you deserve. It’s not my fault you’re a wimp.” I replied having a triumphant smirk.

“Yah, are you are forgetting all those times I’ve helped you get things from the top shelf since you’re so short.” He retorted.

“It’s not my fault you’re a giant!” I practically yelled, standing on my tip-toes to seem more intimidating.

We kept bickering all the way until we went our separate ways so we could get to our classrooms. As I was walking to class, I had one minute left beforethe bell was gonna ring. I started to walk faster, but I suddenly got yanked backwards into a closet, as my back rammed into someone’s tall built frame. I was about to turn around and yell at whoever pulled me, until they wrapped one arm around me while covering my mouth with the other as they rested their head on my shoulder.

“That’s not nice CL. Not even saying goodbye to me and even walking out with another guy that’s not me.” Tao said while pouting.

I felt my heart racing as he said those words. But why does he care? We barely know each other. All he’s done to me is tease me.

I tried talking but with his hand over my mouth, it only came out as muffled noises. So I tried squirming but his grip on me only got tighter.

“Just let me stay like this for a little longer. I won’t do anything to you.” Tao said as he buried he head into the crook of my neck.

I obliged and stopped moving resulting in him letting his hand off of my mouth and wrapping it around me, essentially giving me a backhug. After realizing that I felt me face go red. Thank goodness he’s behind me otherwise I would never hear the end of it. We stayed like that for I don’t know how long until he finally let go of me.

“I’m surprised you didn’t fight back or scream for help.” Tao said with a raised eyebrow.

“Not like I stand a chance and everybody else is in class so nobody would hear.”

"Speaking of class, we should go to ours now. We’re already late but I have an excuse of being new and getting lost. What about you?” Tao asked already back to his old self.

“You jerk!” I yelled as I sprinted to my classroom already expecting detention from being so late. 


 

After class, I sat at lunch pissed off because I was right and my teacher gave me detention. I was sitting with Dara and Bom as they animatedly talked about cute guys in their classes while eating their lunch. I wasn’t interested so I just scanned the cafeteria. Nothing out of the ordinary, until I noticed Tao sitting with the Chinese foreign exchange students. I saw him sit next to Kris and it seemed like he took a liking to him. It was the first time I saw such a huge smile on his face. I didn’t realize I was staring until he looked up and winked at me. I scowled as I turned my chair back to facing Dara and Bom. But I hope he makes good friends with them. Then maybe he will bother me less...

 

The school day quickly ended but as much as I wanted to go home, I had afternoon detention. I had to clean the classroom, it beats having to sit in a classroom in complete silence for an hour with only your teacher. Since I’m a ‘neat freak’ as some of you might say, it was a simple task for me. So I quickly exited the classroom when I was done.


So here's a short update for you guys. In regards to my sequel, I won't be updating that until after the MAMA awards just in case there are any interactions. Hope you guys understand. So comment, subscribe, and enjoy!