A Day Out

Why You of All People

I woke up to the sun’s rays shining through my window and onto my face. I groaned, and shifted myself so that I faced the other side. But as I did so, something was in my way. I tried pushing it, but it sure was heavy. Then I heard groaning and felt my bed start to shift. I snapped my eyes open and realized it wasn’t something but someone, and that someone was Tao. I screamed and making Tao sit upright immediately.

“What?! Is everything okay?!” Tao asked, looking around my room frantically for the source of my scream.

“What are you doing in my bed?!” I screamed.

“Oh? That’s why you screamed, I thought it was something important.” He replied, lying back down onto my bed.

“It is important! Answer my question!” I yelled, looking down at the now relaxed Tao.

“Okay okay. Sheesh, no need to yell. You were shaking and murmuring words with a scrunched up face so I decided to keep you company on your bed.” Tao said, putting his arms behind his head.

“Oh…thank you.” I said, feeling flustered all of a sudden. “By the way what time is it?”

“7:15.”

“7:15!? We gotta get ready! We’re going to be late for school!” I shouted, about to jump out of bed. Though someone’s hands grabbed my waist pulling me back into bed. Tao hugged my back as we both lay down and he entangled his legs with mine, preventing me from moving.

“Let’s just sleep and skip today.” Tao suggested.

“Wha-, no we gotta go!”

“Who says we have to go? Anyways, I did a favor for you by staying with you last night, now you owe me a favor. And that favor is to skip school, with me today.” Tao said as he hugged me tighter.

He is right though, I do owe him. Oh what the hell one day won’t hurt. “Fine…” I sighed.

“Yay!” Tao exclaimed. 

“Now that I’ve agreed can you let go of me now?”

“Hhhmm…Nah.”

“What the hell?!” 


“Hurry up! How long does it take to get ready?!” Tao shouted.

“Hold on! I just have to do my make-up”! I yelled back, grabbing my eyeliner.

“No time, let’s just go!” Tao yelled, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the door.

“I can’t show my bare face in public!” I shrieked.

“Yes you can. Besides, I like you better without any makeup on.” Tao said.

I didn’t know how to respond to that, so I stayed silent but I felt my face get hot.  I let Tao drag me out of the house with no complaints. It was bright sunny day so I wore this http://84d1f3.medialib.glogster.com/lovekswag13/media/6f/6fcca14c2896371f3f67519af18609a1fe1a14d3/swag-outfits9.jpg. As we were walking down I kept hearing whistles being blown my way. Until I felt Tao tighten his grip on my hand and pull me closer to his side. He then let go of my hand and draped his arm around the back of my neck protectively.

“Hey, what’re you doing?” I asked up, trying to get his arm off of me.

“Nothing.” Tao growled.

“Then let go, because you’re starting to hurt me.” I grumbled, as I struggled to get out of Tao’s tight grip.

“Oh! Sorry… It’s just that…Why’d you have to wear such revealing clothing.” Tao asked, not looking at me.

“What? Why does it matter what I wear?” I asked

“Because all those guys were whistling at you, even though I’m right by you.” Tao said, as a light blush covered his face.

“Are you blushing Tao?” I ask as I turn his face to look at me.

“No! Just, come on!” Tao says, as he grabs my hand and drags me to who knows where. 


“The park?” I say in disbelief. (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/S8clSZXq4TI/AAAAAAAAOTM/yNyRolUSttw/s1600/DSC_2132.JPG)

“Yeah!” Tao says excitedly, unlike me.  

“Why are you so excited? It’s not like we’re nine.” I ask in disbelief.

“Hey, today is my day and you gotta do whatever I say. Besides, so what if we’re older, we can still have fun at the park. Besides, this park is huge!” Tao says, holding both his arms out to emphasize how large it is. “We never had parks like these when we were little, so might as well enjoy it while the kids are at school.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right and since we should have fun…tag! You’re it!” I say, taking off towards the playground.

“Oh, it’s on!” Tao yells, immediately chasing after me.

I started running up the ramp, heading towards the highest point so I could slide down the slide for a quick getaway. But when I got up there, Tao was right on my tail, so I went down headfirst. Though Tao grabbed my ankle, stopping me from sliding down, and with a devious smirk he said “You’re it” before letting me slide down. I screamed the whole way down, and landed on my back on the rubber ground. Groaning, I looked up and saw Tao laughing his off, until he finally slide down himself.

“What the hell was that for?!” I yelled at him, after he helped me up.

“What, all I did was make you ‘it’, and I didn’t feel like lifting you back up. So I let you go down.” Tao said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Hmph.” I huffed, crossing my arms and pouting.

“Fine, how about we make a deal. First one to the swing set wins and the loser buys ice cream.” Tao said with a childish smile.

“You’re on. Ready. Set. GO!” I yelled, as I bolted towards the swings. I sprinted the whole way and when I got there, I turned around to see Tao standing still. He made his was over with a warm smile on his face.

“I guess you win. I’ll buy us some ice cream later.” Tao said as he sat down on one of the swings.

“No I didn’t. You didn’t even try.” I say as I start to push him.

“Even if I did win I’d still pay for the ice cream. I wouldn’t let a woman pay. And shouldn’t this be the other way around?” Tao asked, as he put his feet down and turned to look at me. “Here, sit.”

I did as he said, and sat down on the swing as Tao started to push me. He started pushing me lightly at first, but he then he started to push me harder, till I went higher and higher.

“H-hey Tao…That’s enough you can stop pushing me. I’m going a lil too high.” I asked, with a shaky voice.

“Only if you jump into my arms.” Tao said, as he gave another push.

“What?! I’m not jumping out!” I shrieked. 

“Then I’m gonna keep pushing you.” 

Ugh there’s no helping it. He always has to have it his way. “Fine, just hurry up and get in front of me.” I sighed.

Tao ran up so that he was a couple of feet in front of me. “Are you ready? On the count of three. One…Two…Three!” Tao yelled.

I let go of the chains and it was as if everything was in slow motion. I held my arms out in front of me, and Tao actually caught me…Until we both toppled over onto the ground. I rubbed my temple, and realized that I was lying on Tao’s chest. Though it was strangely comfortable.

“Are you gonna get up?” Tao asked looking at me.

“O-oh sorry.” I quickly said, feeling a blush creep onto my face.

“I didn’t say you have to.” Tao said as he wrapped his arms around me, preventing me from getting up.

My blush deepened as I heard him say that, but then a kid showed up and walked right towards us.

“Ewww are guys going to kiss?”

My head immediately snapped up and I pushed Tao, so that I could stand up. Quickly dusting myself off, I returned my attention to the little boy, but it seems he already ran towards the playground with his other friends.  Probably thought we were really going to kiss, so he ran away.

“You could at least help me up.” A still lying down Tao said.

“Oh please, you are more than capable enough to stand up by yourself.” I replied back, rolling my eyes in the process.

“So cold.” A pouting Tao said, as he stood up. 


After that incident, we both went to go have some ice cream. And since I won the race, Tao paid for both of our ice creams. I got vanilla with sprinkles, while he got chocolate. While eating, I realized just how his personality is so childish and cute. Way different from the narcissist jerk I first met at school. What happened? 

“Hey. Are you like bi-polar, because at school you’re such a jerk, but right now, you’re just really happy-go-lucky.” I ask with a confused face. He stares at his ice cream awhile before looking up.

“Well, in actuality…This is my real personality.” Tao says, taking a from his ice cream.

“Then why were you such a jerk at school?”

“I…I wanted to ask you out.” Tao says, rubbing the back of his neck, looking at everything but me.

“What?” I exclaim, almost dropping my ice cream cone in the process.

“I saw how much of a badass you were in school, and I thought I would never have a chance with you because of my personality. So I tried changing to something like yours and I guess I got carried away.” Tao said, looking downwards with a light blush.

I was speechless. He went through all that work because he thought he’d never stand a chance with me because of his personality. It was wrong of course, but also a little…sweet. After gathering all my thoughts together, I finally spoke again.

“That’s sort of…sweet Tao.” I say with a small smile.

Tao’s head immediately shot up, with giant eyes staring at me. I giggled at his funny expression and said, “Let’s be friends first. And then maybe we can date.” 

“Really?!” Tao yells.

“Sshhhh. We’re still in public. And really. On one condition, as long as you never go back to your fake personality.” I say, holding my pinky finger.

“Of course.” Tao says, with his childish grin, locking his pinky with mine. “And…you have a little ice cream near your mouth.” He says, scratching his cheek to show where it was.

“Huh? Where?” I ask, wiping my mouth with a napkin.

“Right THERE!” Tao says, shoving the rest of his ice cream by my mouth, and then taking off. 

“Oh you are SO DEAD” I yell, taking off after him, planning on planting my ice cream on the top of his head.


I'm back! Ugh, I had so many tests this week, so it took me longer than expected to update this. But anyways here it is! So comment, subscribe, and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!