Unsure

100 Days with a Celebrity

Day 91
 

“I can’t believe it! How dare you not mention this to your closest best friend?!”

 

Dara chuckled. “Bommie, I am sorry. I told you many times, I didn’t have a choice.”

 

“Hmph! Friendship over!” Bom said and hung up.

 

“Who was that?” Jiyong appeared and asked. He just went out of the bathroom and was wearing nothing but a piece of towel around his waist, with another one on his hand.

 

Seeing this, Dara immediately turned around. “I-It was Bom. She s-said it was friendship o-v-ver for us.”

 

Dara already told Jiyong about it and he didn’t get mad. Thankfully!

 

“And you aren’t worried?” Jiyong said, wrapping his arms around her tiny waist, pulling her towards his body.

 

Dara felt the warmth of his body as he just went out of a hot bath. It sent chills all over her that she pushed him away, too hard in fact.

 

“It was common for us. She will call in a while and apologize for her words,” she said as she walked away making her actions as leisurely as possible but turned out to look like a robot.

 

“What’s happening to you?” Jiyong asked, tilting his head to the side.

 

“What?” she asked back, turning around. “Nothing’s happening to me.”

 

“You do realize you look like a robot right now, right? Your actions are too controlled,” he said, towel-drying his hair.

 

“What nonsense are you talking about? Ha, ha, ha,” she laughed awkwardly as she made her way to the sofa.

 

“Psh, fine, I’ll get a shirt on,” Jiyong teased, knowing it was his presence that made her like that.

 

“YAH!” Dara yelled back, throwing the sofa pillow to the closed door after Jiyong’s laughter filled the apartment. When she was alone, she sighed. “I can’t handle this kind of relationship.”

 

With her words, a smile crept her lips and she threw her head back to the headrest and kicked into the air, realizing that she was in a relationship after a long time. And it was with someone she never thought it would be.

 

To silence her screams, she grabbed the pillow and bit it.

 

“What are you doing?” a voice entered her ears.

 

Dara jumped to her feet as once. “What was I doing?”

 

“You looked like a madman,” Jiyong said.

 

“I was… exercising,” she said lamely.

 

“Riiiight,” Jiyong said, rolling his eyes. He made his way to the kitchen and yelled over his shoulder. “Do you want something for dinner?”

 

Dara’s brows rose. “What are you talking about?”

 

“I’m cooking for the both of us, as celebration for, you know… for the two of us… you know…” he stuttered.

 

Dara chuckled and bit her lip to stop herself from giggling. And here she was, thinking that she was the clumsy one in the relationship. Time to take revenge and see how he will react to her affections.

 

“Aaawww,” she purred, hugging him from behind as he stood in front of the counter. She swayed from left to right and rested her chin on his arm. “Are you cooking for me?” she asked, showing her cute side.

 

Instead of what she was expecting though, Jiyong was glaring down at her. “What are you up to?”

 

“What?” she asked innocently, not letting him go.

 

Jiyong smiled and planted a kiss on her forehead. “Yes, my dear. I am cooking for you. Now let me go before I eat you for dinner instead, because I’m so hungry I can just eat your arm,” he said, biting her arm playfully.

 

Dara shrieked and ran away, leaving Jiyong laughing boyishly.

 

For the next few minutes, Dara just sat at the opposite of the counter and just stared at him while he cooked. Once in a while, he would glance up at her and smile back. No words were spoken, only stares and smiles but they didn’t feel awkward with the silence.

 

Never in her life did Dara thought someone like Jiyong will cook for her, but here it was, happening in front of her very eyes.

 

However, when she remembered their current state right now, it made her smile vanish for a moment. He was a celebrity. She was a common Korean woman. What would happen if the world knew about the two of them? She can’t imagine what his overprotective teenage fans would say about her.

 

Suddenly, her line of thought was cut off when her dinner was served right in front of her. “What’s with the frown?”

 

Immediately, Dara smiled to hide the frown. “I was just worried I’ll get sick with your cooking.”

 

“What…? Why you…?”

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

Day 94

 

 

 

It was New Year’s Eve. It would have been their first New Year’s Eve together but both were silent. Both were in front of their phones, looking at blurred pictures taken in Japan and others taken a few distance from TOP’s apartment. They couldn’t believe their eyes but it was both their carelessness.

 

Exclusive New Year’s Eve Celebrity News: G-Dragon going out with a non-celebrity woman?

 

Jiyong read the title over and over again.

 

However, if Jiyong was focused on the title and the pictures, Dara was focused on the comments section. Tears didn’t stop as almost every comment was against them, against her, and against him. People called her names, as if he didn’t deserve someone ONLY like her, that he deserved someone like a top-star celebrity – a singer or a model, not some kind of a nobody like her. She can’t even imagine what the people’s words would look like if they knew she was his maid.

 

Suddenly, her phone was snatched from her hands. “Stop reading the comments,” Jiyong said.

 

Dara looked up at him. “They were right anyway.”

 

“No, they’re not,” Jiyong said, crouching down to level her gaze with her. “They don’t know anything. They don’t know about you. They don’t know what they’re talking about. I love you and you love me, and that is all that matters, as cheesy as it sounds. Only fools listen to what they say.”

 

“This will ruin your career,” she said, sobbing.

 

“No, it won’t. They’re just mindless teenagers hating on people they don’t know. My real fans will believe in me and will not leave me, thus it won’t ruin my career, alright?” he said, sitting beside her. “Don’t listen to them. And stop crying already. They don’t deserve your tears,” he said, embracing her and rubbing her back up and down.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Day 95

 

Dara sat on his bed as she looked at the space ahead. Jiyong flew to another country for another concert and she was once again left alone. It was one of those times she needed him but he wasn’t by her side. It wasn’t his fault though.

 

This morning, another article was released titled: “Confirmed: G-Dragon is in a relationship with a non-celebrity. Dating for almost three months.” And another one titled, “G-Dragon’s non-celebrity girlfriend, a singer of an indie band? Get to know her.” And the worst one was, “Rumor: G-Dragon’s non-celebrity girlfriend had dated another K-POP Idol before and it seems she’s doing this for the money and fame.”

 

“Jiyong, I don’t think this will work out,” she shook her head and buried her face into her hands. These false reports and articles about them and her, they hurt her. They struck her.

 

She stared at her left, to the wall, where a calendar hung. She stood up and went to it. Five days left. Five days left before the contract ends. At the end of the day, she was just a maid, a contractual maid.

 

“He doesn’t deserve a maid,” she muttered. “Five days. Hold on for five days, Dara.”

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Day 96

 

“Dara, look at these banners,” Jiyong said. “My fans are unfazed by the dating news. See? They said they support me.”

 

But Dara just continued doing the dishes.

 

Jiyong frowned but thought it was just one of her mood swings. “Ah, I remembered. I bought you this.”

 

He put on a necklace around her neck with a pendant of a guitar pick. Dara just looked down at it but immediately removed it. She left it on the counter and left to vacuum the carpeted living room.

 

Jiyong looked down at the ignored gift. With conviction, he went marching towards her. “What’s going on? Did something happen while I wasn’t here?”

 

“Nothing happened.”

 

“Something happened,” he pressed on. “What’s happening to you?” he asked but was left ignored once again. His eyes caught sight of the calendar on the desk beside the sofa. A number was circled – it was the date four days later.

 

 Sighing, she went to Dara who was now fixing his bed.

 

“What are you going to do four days later?” he asked.

 

“I’m not yet sure where I’ll go,” she answered.

 

Fuming, he burst out. “You’re not sure where you’ll go?! Huh?” he went to her and grabbed her by her arm to turn her around. “What is that supposed to mean? That you’re throwing away all those sweet conversations we had few days ago? I thought we were going to face this together.”

 

“You don’t understand, Jiyong. You never understand,” Dara said, shouting as well.

 

“What don’t I understand? I understand everything perfectly. You’re being like this because of those comments, right? Those stupid comments you read. I told you only fools listen to what they say.”

 

“Because I’m a fool, Jiyong, I listened to what they said and because they were all true anyway. I’m just a maid. What makes you think people will accept that their idol dating a maid? A maid for ssakes. They’re ing right. You don’t deserve me. You don’t deserve a ing lowly maid.”

 

“There you go and your insecurity again. Haven’t we talked about this already?! You’re not just a maid. Stop looking down at yourself! Because compared to them, you’re a great person. You made me into a caring and loving man when I used to be heartless and only cared about his career,” Jiyong said. Tired with the conversation, he turned around, his hands on his waist. “Look, what do you want me to do? Release a statement to them? Are they harassing you? I’ll tell them to stop.”

 

“You don’t need to do that,” she said. “I’ll leave instead. In four days.”

 

“In four days, I’m not here. You’re going to take advantage of that fact and leave?”

 

“Yes. It’s better that way anyway. Me leaving without you around. At least there will not be anyone who will stop me.”

 

Jiyong stared at her unbelievingly. He shook his head. “You’re willing to leave me just because of those stupid comments, eh?” he asked. “And here I thought what we had was special.”

 

Dara stared back before she left the room. Jiyong was left alone, sitting at the edge of his bed.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Day 97

 

“I’m leaving now,” Jiyong said as he stepped out of his room.

 

It was seven in the morning. As far as Dara knew, his flight was tomorrow morning, not today. But she didn’t ask.

 

Jiyong knew she wouldn’t but he felt her wondering stare at him so he looked at her. “Let’s make a deal. This will determine what’s in the future for us so I hope you cooperate,” he said. “I’m leaving now and won’t be home until four days later. It’s our last concert and will be held for three days but I’m leaving earlier to give you time to think about this, about us. I won’t push you anymore because I know you can decide what’s good for you. You can decide whether to leave or not. I’ll find out in four days,” he said as he started walking away, past her, and through the door.

 

He closed the door behind him and leaned on it.

 

“I hope you’ll stay,” he muttered before starting to take his heavy steps away from home.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Flashing lights were everywhere when Jiyong entered the venue.

 

The media went crazy when they received a call from YG Entertainment that he was going to hold an emergency press conference. Originally, the CEO didn’t want to but even Jiyong can win over him so he had to give him the nod of approval.

 

However, there was one condition: No questions to be asked from the media.

 

But the different media outlets didn’t listen and immediately threw questions towards him the moment he took a seat.

 

“Is it true? You’re dating a non-celebrity?”

 

“Have you known each other for so long for you trust a non-celebrity?”

 

“Where is she now? Does she know you’re holding a press conference? Did she push you to do this?”

 

“Are you sure she isn’t after your money and fame?”

 

“Good morning, everyone. Thank you for coming,” Jiyong said calmly. “I’m sorry I had to take this emergency press conference. First of all, the woman I’m dating is suffering from everyone’s pressure, starting from the comments of the netizens to the reports of the media about her and who she was. The reports so far released were all false. I just dated her for a week but we had known each other for more than three months. She isn’t dating me for my money and fame because if she was, she would have run away with my money already and isn’t suffering from the sudden ‘fame’ this scandal brought her. Second, I would like everyone to tone down their comments and reports about her. She’s fragile. She is not a celebrity like me who can take criticisms. She had been suffering every night ever since the scandal broke out. It pained my heart. So, please leave her alone. Lastly, I love her. I love her so much. I will not do this if I didn’t. I did this for her even though our CEO was against me holding this press conference, because I love her. I just want her to know this. And I want everyone to know that what you have been doing is bringing harm to everyone, especially to her,” he paused and stood up. “To my fans, I am sorry for disappointing you,” he said and bowed. “Thank you so much.”

 

As he left the venue, the reporters didn’t have anything else to say but just took photos of him leaving.

 

As articles were published about the conference, people started typing their supports and comments, mostly admiring his courage to talk about the scandal.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The next few days passed like a blur. But it was torture for Jiyong. Even though he was preoccupied with the concert in Japan, his mind was way back in Korea, worrying what Dara’s decision will be. He was worried what he would find out when he comes home.

 

He was under a lot of worries that in the middle of their Haru Haru stage, tears flowed down uncontrollably, leaving fans wonder what was up and the members to wish him a better outcome.