Interrupted Practice

All I Want Is You

*Dawn*

 

It had been several weeks since the practice room incident. Nobody would have expected things to turn out this way but life has its way of throwing the worst obstacles in your way, even when you're already down.

The Taeyang vs. G-Dragon evaluation had already passed. Their team lost to the younger boys... once again. Not only that but they had just come back from a meeting with their CEO. Due to Mino's sudden ankle injury he had been renounced his title of leader and was replaced by Kang Seungyoon. Things were as rigid as ever amongst this team.

Taehyun laid on his bed staring at the ceiling. He thought about Mino and how upset he must be to have been replaced, all because of a silly little sprain. He really wanted to go comfort the boy but these days they hardly spoke to each other. Of course it hurt him but it was also hurting the team. The chemistry between the boys has been rather volatile lately. One day they were happy, another day they were stressed, then the next they were depressed.

He and Jackson continued to keep in touch through texts but they hadn't actually physically met up since their “coffee date.” Taehyun felt it best to not meet up for a while. He didn't want any further accidents regarding Mino's temper to happen again. Mino was already on edge as it was, but once he injured himself—causing him to lose leadership, it was like walking on eggshells around him.

The team was all rather devastated at the news of the switch but they were relieved that Seungyoon took the reigns of being leader rather quickly. He was quick to get working on their first self-composed song. He and Taehyun had been working hard on the lyrics the past couple days.

Break the frame that you were locked in and smile again...

Now take my hand and run with me, smile again...”

He softly hummed his lines. It was such a beautiful song with an equally beautiful meaning. He only hoped that it'd be good enough to impress the judges at their next evaluation.

A knock was heard on his bedroom door. The familiar face of Seungyoon peeked into the room. His bloated, just-woke-up-face poorly hidden behind thick black spectacles. He was still trying to get used to waking up early and being the one to wake everyone else up as leader.

Oh... you're up already. I was just making my rounds to get everyone up so we could eat breakfast and head to the studio. I'll go get everyone else up then.” His head disappeared behind the door.

Taehyun rolled out of bed and scratched his head. He grabbed a towel off his chair and made for the shower.

 

*At the YG training studio*

 

No, hyung. You're not leaning far enough!” Seunghoon lightly scolded Jinwoo. “It's more like this.”

Mino sat on the bench in the back of the practice room, his leg wrapped up and elevated on a chair. He had to admit that it really to not be able to participate in the dance portion of their performance. He couldn't help but feel like a burden to s. His eyes drifted to Taehyun's sweaty form as he put his all into the newly choreographed dance by Seunghoon.

He still had mixed feelings towards the boy. He felt guilty that he had yelled at him that night but at the same time he was mad that he was still keeping in touch with the JYP trainee. Mino wasn't stupid. Even if Taehyun didn't go out anymore he knew that that was who was he talking to as he constantly fiddled with his phone.

Okay. We've made some pretty good progress.” Seunghoon said. “You guys wanna run through the self-composition a few times and then switch back after?”

The other boys agreed. Mino's spirits lifted, something he could actually participate in. The boys all pulled chairs around in a circle and Seungyoon went to grab his guitar. Taehyun walked up to Mino and handed him a wireless microphone.

Here.”

Thanks.”

Yep. This was the extent of their conversations as of late. The other team members were disappointed by their lack of improvement but at least they were speaking to each other at all. Each boy held their lyric sheets in front of them. Seungyoon began strumming his guitar.

Eyes are moist, tears fall down
It freezes on on the face


It falls down becoming an inky black color
Even until today, you still cry


I told you to stop crying
I’ve comforted you countless times
You still soundlessly let out your tears
Exactly what hurts your heart so bad,
I want to restore it. Your smile is like heaven.


Because of the burden above your head, your face is gloomy
I water the wilting you with the smiling flower
Instead of crying, show the warmth of your smile
Don’t block it with the window curtains
Reveal your teeth, there’s darkness
Because there’s light in front of you, smile


Force open the tightly closed door and Smile again
Now get out of your room, Smile again
Like a brilliant sunshine eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh


Break the frame that you were locked in and Smile again
Now take my hand and run with me, Smile again
Just like the warm past eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

When the light gets farther and farther away from me
The success and failure and have become clear
Don’t lose your heart when your wish comes true
Even the stars up in the sky drop

I want to go back and find your composed smile
Let's go back up again like a see-saw
One flower that hasn't bloomed yet
Even against strong winds, it won't lose, Your name is win

I’ve comforted you countless times asking you, 'Please smile'
and yet you still stare up at the sky blankly
Exactly what is it that stole away your smile?
I want to restore it. Your smile is like heaven.

Force open the tightly closed door and Smile again
Now get out of your room, Smile again
Like a brilliant sunshine eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

Break the frame that you were locked in and Smile again
Now take my hand and run with me, Smile again
Just like the warm past eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

Now I can’t remember your smile
The smile on my face slowly seems to fades away, Smile Again

It’s okay even if your eyes are slightly closed, Smile Again
The corners of your mouth lift towards the sky, Smile Again
Burst out in laughter , Smile Again
I’m right here beside you

Force open the tightly closed door and Smile again
Now get out of your room, Smile again
Like a brilliant sunshine eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

I will laugh like crazy until you laugh like me
I will never stop, it shines. Your smile
I will frolic like crazy, until you stand up with me
and shout and become happy. Yeah!

 

The sound of clapping echoed in the practice room. Everyone quickly turned around to see an amazed Jackson with his mouth agape, standing at the entrance.

That was AWESOME! Did you guys really write that yourself?!” Taehyun got up, startled by the sudden appearance of the Chinese boy.

Jackson. What are you doing here??” He could feel the hairs standing on the back of his head. Oh no, what will Mino say? It's not like I invited him here.

Sorry to stop by without prior notice. I just wanted to pay a visit and see how you guys were doing.”

 

Mino scowled as he felt his temper flare up. This guy AGAIN? I thought I would never have to see this bastard's face again.

This is a private rehearsal. You have no reason to be here.” Mino placed his foot down from the chair and got up.

Mino, be careful with your leg.” Seunghoon said anxiously.

It's just a small sprain Seunghoon. I'm not disabled.” he rolled his eyes.

Sorry...” the Jackson apologized as Mino made his way over to him. He noticed the boy slightly limping. “Hey man, are you okay? What happened to your leg?”

That is none of your concern.” The tan boy retorted with his face up in Jackson's. “Same goes for what goes on in our rehearsal room. Get out.”

Mino!” Taehyun started walking towards the two. “Lay off him.”

Hey now, I don't want to start a fight or anything...” Jackson defended himself.

Well what if I do?” Mino growled. “I don't appreciate you coming in here as you please. Just because you seduced our Taehyun doesn't mean you can just drop by to see him whenever you like.”

MINO. What the hell?!” Taehyun felt the blood rush to his face in anger. The other members made their way to the two quarreling boys, preparing to stop any fight that could break out.

The Team B boys came rushing in at the sound of all the commotion. B.I. was the first to enter the scene.

Jackson-hyung? What is he doing here?”

 

Jackson merely laughed in Mino's face, “Wow. I can't believe you. You don't even know what the you're talking about.”

Mino raised an eyebrow, his temper gradually rising. “Oh really?” he placed both hands against the Chinese boy's shoulders and gave him a light shove.

Mino, please stop!” Taehyun pleaded as he placed himself in between the two.

Yes. REALLY.” Jackson brushed past Taehyun and shoved the other rapper back in return. “I don't care if you've hurt your ankle or what. The fact that an like you hurt Taehyun... I can't forgive somebody like that!”

The heat of Mino's anger reached max capacity as he snapped and punched the other boy square in the jaw, causing the Chinese boy to falter backwards a little. Everyone instantly entered fits of panic. Taehyun and some of the Team B boys rushed to help Jackson while some of the Team A boys grabbed Mino's arms to hold him back from causing any further harm.

 

Jackson! Are you okay??” Taehyun whipped his head around to face Mino with a fierce expression. “What was that all about? Are you ing crazy?!”

Mino breathed heavily from his mouth. “There's more where that came from you punk!”

Taehyun's eyes squinted in a scrutinizing manner. He briskly walked up to face Mino and slapped him across the face.

The room halted in silence. It was filled with shocked expressions all directed towards the singer. Mino lifted his head back up with an astonished and wounded look on his face.
 

Listen. I decided that I wouldn't give one about anything you say or do to to me anymore. But the moment you start hurting my friends who have done absolutely nothing wrong to you, that's where I draw the line!” Everyone froze at Taehyun's surprisingly crude outburst. “Don't you even care about what happens to you? What do you think Yang Hyun-Suk sajangnim will do once he finds out you ing punched a JYP trainee, huh?” He jabbed a finger at the boy's chest. “What if you get kicked out of YG? THEN what are you going to do?!”
 

Mino wrenched his arms out of his team's grasp. For a moment he stood there silent, staring back at the infuriated Taehyun. His eyes quickly darted to the worried expressions of all the other boys in the room. He let out a brief, but indignant sigh as he quickly grabbed a hold of Taehyun's wrist and proceeded to drag him out of the practice room.


 

________________________________________________________________________________________
 

A/N: Dun dun dunnnn!! Song Minho, where are you taking our Nam Taehyun to? :O I have mixed emotions of excitement and sadness as this story soon draws to a close. The next chapter will be the final one. Please anticipate it~ -UxT