Don't Touch

All I Want Is You

 

 

Taehyun stared nervously down at the floor as he tried to gulp down his nervousness. He looked over at Seungyoon who seemed to be relatively calm which was a stark contrast to poor Jinwoo's worried expression. He could already feel the sweat beading on his forehead. Just try to look like we're having fun. That was always our biggest critique.

Meanwhile, Mino sat to the side of the room holding his breathe. He was so nervous for Taehyun but he believed in him and new he had what it took.

 

“Taehyun-ah... you can do it.” he lightly whispered.

 

The sound of the simplistic guitar riff resonated in the room as Seungyoon and Taehyun began singing their light harmony for their acoustic version of GD&TOP's “Baby Good Night.” Seungyoon put a new spin on his usual rock-like singing and opted for a more sultry, jazzy tone. His voice much deeper than usual, adding to the atmosphere of the song. Taehyun followed suit with his own verse as he easily belted his higher notes that contrasted against Seungyoon's earlier ones. Finally it was time for Jinwoo's lines that marked the switch to Park JinYoung's “I Have a Girl.”

 

“But now, after meeting... ah...eh..hmm hmm..” Then it happened. Jinwoo's anxiety had gotten to the better of him. No one could miss the look of loss and disappointment on his face as he searched his mind for the lyrics.

 

Everyone tensed up wondering what would happen next. Taehyun felt his stomach drop as the sweat dripped down his forehead. Oh no! Jinwoo hyung! What do we do??

Luckily Seungyoon thought quickly on his feet as he started singing the lyrics that his hyung forgot trying to make it sound as natural as possible. From there they continued on with their cover as if nothing wrong had happened, successfully recovering from the mishap. Jackson smiled as he listened to Taehyun singing, raising his eyebrows at the boy's impressive falsetto notes. Their song came to an end with Seungyoon's last “Don't wanna say goodbye.”

It was too early to feel relieved. All the boys knew that Yang Hyun-Suk was probably very angry at them for messing up JYP's song right in front of him. He must have felt enraged and humiliated.

JYP, however, did not speak ill of the situation. He praised the boys for their teamwork in getting over that hurdle. Mino beamed with pride when he spoke of Taehyun's talent and vibe that worked so naturally.

 

Finally the battle between YG and JYP trainees had come to an end. Both teams each congratulated each other as they gave each other bro-hugs. Taehyun felt his body tense up slightly as Jackson came up to him and shook his hand. He tried not to look him directly in the eyes.

 

I hope to see you again sometime. You did great.” he said as flashed him a dashing smile that would make any girl's legs turn to jelly. Taehyun tried to fight the blush he felt but to no avail.

Uh...yeah. Me too.”

 

Mino, who had been watching from a few feet away, intervened with his own handshake with Jackson.

 

Great job man. You killed it out there with your moves!” Mino praised. Yah... stay away from my Taehyun. He was mentally growling.

Thanks. You're not so bad yourself. I heard that you were an underground rapper before but wow, your lyrics are sick!!” the other boy replied. He was a little disappointed that he couldn't continue his conversation with the 5:5 part angel and saw that said boy had already moved on to greet the others goodbye.

 

Yang Hyun-Suk told his teams to go wait for him out on the bus while he spoke to Park JinYoung for a moment. They said their final goodbye's as they headed out the door.

 

********************

 

Even when sitting back on the bus the eleven boys couldn't help but still feel a little anxious. What words would their CEO have for them when he got back? They all felt equally bad for their oldest hyung. Of all people, Jinwoo was probably the most apprehensive of what YG might say.

Suddenly, the bus doors opened and in walked Yang Hyun-Suk himself. He sighed.

 

You did worse than usual, didn't you?” he spoke, to no one in particular. “I feel embarrassed so I can only imagine how you guys feel.” YG was being as blunt as ever. Each word he spoke was like a dagger through Jinwoo.

I spoke with Park JinYoung-sshi and he had an idea to ease your minds after this pressuring competition.” The eleven boys' ears perked up. “Normally I would have you continue to pick up on your practicing tomorrow but he suggested we hold a barbecue party just for the trainees tomorrow.”

 

The bus was filled with excited cheers. This would be the perfect pick-me-up for such a long and stressful day.

 

Since I won't be seeing you guys for a few days make sure not to let up on your practices. The next evaluation isn't too far away.” They all replied with a resounded, “Yeeees!” With that, YG stepped off the bus.

 

The bus trip back to the dorms was quiet as most of them passed out from exhaustion. Taehyun wasn't as tired yet so he fiddled around with his jacket as Seungyoon lightly snored next to him. He looked over to see Jinwoo who was also passed out with his face in the curtains of the window. He felt bad for the older boy. He couldn't imagine how downtrodden he must feel inside after disappointing YG like that.

He looked over his shoulder to see if Mino was still awake. He, too, was out like a light. Taehyun smiled as he stared at Mino's adorable sleeping face. His head was lolled to the side with his lips slightly parted. How he wanted to reach over and touch those lips... What?? Bad Taehyun! Don't think such dirty thoughts. He shook his head. But still, how he wished he were sitting next to Mino instead so he could lay his head on his shoulder and drift off into sleep.

Taehyun felt his eyes get heavier as the fatigue took over his body. He rested his head on his palm and slowly closed his eyes as sleep came over him.

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: I know it's kind of taking a while to get to the juicy stuff but it will come soon! I just didn't want to rush through anything. (As I wrote this I found myself even routing for Mino as he cut off Jackson LOL) Thank you all so much for following along~ -UxT