The Truth

All I Want Is You

At about 1:50 in the morning the Team A boys stumbled into their dorm physically exhausted and mentally drained from their day at the JYP building. Taehyun threw himself over the couch and Mino followed suit as he plopped on the couch next to him and closed his eyes.

Seunghoon groaned as he rolled his neck.

 

“Ugh... I hate sleeping in cars. I'm gonna go wash up and hit the sack in my REAL bed.” He waved good night to the other members as he trudged off to his room.

“Hyung! Wait up! Let's brush our teeth together!” Seungyoon exclaimed excitedly as he followed. Seunghoon rolled his eyes at childish boy, wondering how he could still be so upbeat after the day they had.

“Aish! This kid..!” Seunghoon said as he jokingly put the younger boy in a headlock.

“Hyungggg...T_T” Seungyoon fake pleaded.

Jinwoo laughed lightly at the two's antics. He then sighed and turned to the “couple” on the couch.

 

“Um... you guys hungry? I don't think I'll be able to sleep for a while so I'm gonna make some ramyeon. You guys want in?”

Taehyun sat up on the couch and nodded. “Sure, why not? I'm starvinggg... Mino-hyung you also want in?”

The tan boy simply nodded his head with his eyes closed.

Jinwoo turned around and headed straight into the kitchen to start their late-night dinner.

Taehyun looked over at the boy laying next to him. Even while exhausted and having his eyes closed Mino was just as handsome as ever. His hand slowly reached out to touch Mino's lips. The same lips he fantasized about on the bus as well as other times...

 

“Mmm...Taehyun-ah.... Don't take advantage of me while I'm sleeping.” Mino joked with his eyes still closed. He let out a goofy smile.

Taehyun's jolted back slightly as his cheeks flushed a deep crimson and he was thankful that Mino's eyes were still closed. Did he know I was going to touch him?? Yah! Song Minho, since when were you psychic? He then proceeded to grab a pillow and smother the fake sleeping boy.

Agggfhfhhgh!!!” Mino shot up from his laying position. “What are you trying to do? Kill me??” The older boy suddenly yanked the pillow from the younger boy's hands and shoved him down to the couch. Straddling him, he proceeded to tickle the boy who had attempted to suffocate him earlier.

This is your punishment!”

N-no... st-op! Mino! It t-tickles!!” Taehyun laughed as he pleaded. “I-I'm sorry! I won't smother you ag-gain...!”

It's too late Taehyun! I must seek justice for your crimes!” he continued tickling the boy and smiled as Taehyun's face turned red from all the laughing.

...ahem!” The two boys halted suddenly when the voice of Jinwoo broke in. They looked over at him and then at each other in their... compromising position. They quickly bolted apart and cleared their throats.

Dinner is ready. Are you gonna help set up or what? I slaved over this hot pot of ramyeon for a good 5 minutes.” Jinwoo joked as he tried hard to hold back his laughter from seeing the two's silly, lovey-dovey actions.

O-of course!” Mino stuttered as he scrambled off the couch to set up the dining table in the living room. Taehyun smiled sheepishly as he got up to grab all the plates and utensils. Once the two finished setting up the table Jinwoo placed the steaming pot of noodles in the center and opened the lid.

Mino leaned over the steam and took a good whiff. “Uggghhhh... you don't know how happy this makes me right now.” Jinwoo rolled his eyes as he playfully punched the boy in the arm. “Just dig in already!”

Thanks hyung!!” Taehyun said as he reached his chopsticks into the pot. The three spent the next 20 minutes enjoying their dinner. Not many words were spoken as they were all focused on inhaling the food before them. Once there was not even a drop of soup left in the pot Jinwoo started reaching for the dishes.

Mino placed a hand on Jinwoo's arm. “Hyung, don't worry. We can take care of cleaning up. You just go on ahead and rest.” He was still concerned about the eldest boy's mental state after the events that unfolded earlier that day. Taehyun simply nodded in agreement. Jinwoo shrugged and got up.

 

Good night guys. Don't forget that we have the barbecue tomorrow so don't stay up too late.” he said as he made his way to the room that he and Seungyoon shared.

Oh yeah... that barbecue...” Taehyun spoke. His thoughts suddenly went to Jackson and the handshake they shared earlier. He's probably going to be there isn't he...? Ugh, he better not flirt with me the entire time. He inwardly groaned at the thought. He then started stacking the plates and utensils. I don't want Mino-hyung to get the wrong idea.

The two gathered all the dishes and the pot and brought them to the sink. Taehyun began washing the plates and handed them to Mino to dry them. There was an awkward silence between them. It was rather unusual for the two. After another few minutes of tormenting silence Mino spoke up.

 

Hey... are you okay? You've been a little bit off since we got back from JYP entertainment. I know it didn't go so well for all of us but you were one of the ones that actually did pretty well on their own.”

Taehyun's hands slowed down as he washed the last plate.

I feel like you've been holding something back from me. You know you can tell me anything right?” The tan boy assured the other.

 

Taehyun bit his lip. What do I do? I can't just tell him the reason I've been acting all weird is because... because I'm struggling with whether or not I should tell him the truth about my feelings... He wracked his brain for the solution to his predicament as he handed the plate to Mino.

No... this might actually be it. This might be my one chance. It's just us two and everyone else has already gone to bed. This is your chance Nam Taehyun! Strike while the iron is hot! He mentally pumped himself up.

 

Actually... there is something... something important I want to tell you.” Taehyun stammered. He lead the other boy back into the living room and sat on the couch.

What is it? What's wrong?” Mino asked, a concerned tone to his voice.

There's nothing wrong really... I just need to get something off my chest.” Taehyun's hands began shaking. Just go outright and say it... I love you! I love you Song Minho!

“There's someone I like.” What? That's not what it sounded like in my head. “A-and... I haven't been able to tell anyone until now. You're the only one I feel close enough to share this with” Okay... not exactly how I had planned on coming out with it.

Mino's eyes widened. Who could he be talking about? Could it be... he gulped nervously. No. If it were me he would come straight out and say it were me and not just “someone.” He felt his heart sink into the pit of his stomach.

 

“O-oh? What's he like...?” Mino wasn't sure if he was effectively masking the disappointment in his voice.

You can do this Taehyun, it's not too late to turn this around. Taehyun frantically thought.

Well... he's really handsome... and cool... and pretty tan I guess. He raps.. and he's very sweet.” He smiled as he listed off the things he liked about Mino. Come on Mino, I'm making it as obvious as possible for you. “I basically fell for him at first sight.”

Mino's mind spun with thoughts of who it possibly could be. Handsome? Tan? And he raps? Who could it be...? Do I even know them? I don't think I know anybody—wait a minute... it couldn't be? Mino's eyes widened once again. That Jackson guy from JYP?! It was all suddenly becoming clear. The flirty exchanges they made when they had first been introduced. That must have been when Taehyun fell in love with the guy. It's the only explanation. Sure, he thought the he was cool too, but not enough to fall for him immediately. How could his Taehyun fall for that smirking flirtbag?

 

Mino-hyung...?” Taehyun peeked up at the older boy. His drooping eyebrows furrowed together, hoping that Mino finally understood what he meant. “What do you say?”

Mino wanted to cry. But he couldn't. Not in front of his beloved Taehyun. He wanted to wish him happiness but deep down he really wanted to be the one always by Taehyun's side.

 

I...” he started faintly. “I'm very happy for you. I wish for the best for the two of you...” the words felt like gasoline on his tongue. Disgusting. “Hwaiting!” Another word he felt uncomfortable using in this situation.

Taehyun's eyebrows furrowed together even further, but this time in confusion.

 

“...I'm sorry—what? Best for... what are you—” Taehyun held out his hand out to touch Mino's arm but before the singer could manage it Mino abruptly stood up, brushing off the younger boy's attempt to reach out to him.

“Well I'm glad that you were able to share this with me. We should probably head to bed now, we've got a big day tomorrow and it's gotten late.” With that, Mino briskly walked back to his room. He could feel the slight burn in his eyes as the tears threatened to fall. He couldn't let Taehyun see him in this condition, especially if it would give away his true feelings. Once he made it into his room he slammed the door closed, locked it, and angrily threw himself onto his bed.

 

“Damn it! Taehyun... why?" he sobbed, "Why not me...?” Mino cursed into his pillow as he gave it a good punch. His emotions were all mixed up. Was he mad? Or was he sad? He couldn't even decipher which.. He just knew that this was by far, the worst he had ever felt in his entire life.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, in the living room Taehyun sat dumbfounded and at a loss for words.

 

“Hy..hyung?” he softly called out, knowing full well that Mino wouldn't be able to hear him.

His eyes stung as the tears slowly dripped from his eyes. Slowly, he curled up and began sobbing. Why would he say something like that? I thought for sure he would have some feelings for me too... did all those moments we spent together with just the two of us mean nothing to him?? Taehyun sniffled as he tried to wipe his face on his sleeve but it didn't help much as the tears continued to stream down his cheeks. Song Minho. You idiot, don't you know I love you...?

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: My two boys each crying in separate rooms at the same time really breaks my heart. ;__; I'm so sorry but it'll all work out in the end... right? I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It was a bit longer than usual but I couldn't see it being done any other way. I'd really appreciate your guys' opinions on this chapter so please let me know what you think! I'll see you all next time~ -UxT