Bus Beats

All I Want Is You

 

It was 10 o' clock in the morning when the boys of YG set off to the JYP entertainment building. The bus was filled with a noisy mix of tension, excitement, and nervousness.

Taehyun sighed as he looked out the window of the bus, solemnly eyeing the cars that passed. Seated next to him was Seungyoon who was curious as to what was ailing the younger maknae.

“Tae... what's the matter? I know the pressure must be getting to you but you seem a little too depressed.”

Taehyun was slightly disappointed that he didn't get to sit in his usual place next to Mino. He could hear the deep chuckles of the four rappers sitting in the back row. They sounded like they were having such a fun time as they conversed amongst themselves and practiced spitting out their raps to each other. You'd think they were on their way to a field trip rather than a battle.

It was an alien feeling for Taehyun--not being close to Mino. He turned his head to Seungyoon and let out a small, unsure smile.

“It's nothing. I'm fine. Just nerves I guess.”

The other boy wasn't fully convinced but he left it at that. He then turned to face the other direction, his curiosity switching to another concerning member.

Across the aisle was the nervous wreck that was Jinwoo. His eyes were glued to the lyric sheet tightly clutched in his hands. He was softly whispering the lyrics to himself as he nodded his head to the melody that played in his head.

“Hey... don't work yourself up too much hyung...” Seungyoon said.

Jinwoo briefly tore his eyes from the paper to look at the other boy. “Oh! Uh... right.”

The front of the bus was too tense for Seungyoon's liking. He silently contemplated for a moment before an idea popped into his head. He cleared his throat and started singing the beginning of 2AM's “Even If I Die, I Can't Let You Go.” He was soon joined by Taehyun, Yunhyeong, and Donghyuk as they sang a beautiful cover of the JYP song.

Taehyun's spirits were definitely lifted as he belted the song alongside his fellow member and trainees. The atmosphere of the bus became much lighter.

Mino couldn't help the smile that crept onto his face as he listened to his Taehyun's angelic voice. The high notes he achieved always gave him shivers. He was happy to see that the younger boy seemed to be feeling much better than he was the night before. B.I., Bobby, and Seunghoon noticed the goofy look on the tan boy's face and gave each other knowing looks. Seunghoon elbowed Mino in the ribs and raised his eyebrows.

“Yah!...stop it!” Mino harshly whispered in embarrassment. His cheeks became tinted a slight pink.

As the melodious cover came to an end the rest of the members clapped their hands and cheered like preschool boys. They continued on their trip singing various JYP songs to pump themselves up.

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

A/N: So this ended up being shorter than I had originally planned. But only because I had actually written more and it ended up being too long so I decided to separate it into a whole new chapter. (Even then, the next chapter still might be twice as long...) I promise you that things will start getting more interesting!! If I keep going at this pace I might go crazy and update more than once in a day. We shall see. :o Please tell me what you think! -UxT